Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

@K_H, TurboAura: Guys, what happened with the conversation between our characters? :u

It was probably interrupted by the fight that was about to break out.

@Chimchain: it probably wouldn't be a good idea having Henry and Evan in the same room alone aka the two darkest (not evil) characters so far outside of RoG.

Edit: Should I stick with italics or use () to show thoughts. I might be hard to tell so I'd like to know which you'd prefer.

Edited by commander218

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Stratos: As Vinny likes to say... ThE PraNKsTer is Too StrOnk XD

If we take out all the capital letters, we get hraser is oo trnk

Translation: Harasser is O_O Trunk

Interpret that however you want (I was bored an have to leave for work soon)

It was probably interrupted by the fight that was about to break out.

@Chimchain: it probably wouldn't be a good idea having Henry and Evan in the same room alone aka the two darkest (not evil) characters so far outside of RoG.

Edit: Should I stick with italics or use () to show thoughts. I might be hard to tell so I'd like to know which you'd prefer.

I'd prefer it if you used italics for Thoughts. also, to help out with the Clarity of what's Thoughts and what's Speech, i use a New Line whenever i switch between one of the three, but that's just what i do.

And yes, it was interrupted by the Fight.

Edited by K_H

Let me lay a little basic English literary structure on you fellas:

- When a character engages in internal monologue (such as thoughts), they don't usually need to be separated from that same character's actual speech by a line space. For example:

That Jory guy is such an asshole. Who does he think he is, lecturing us on grammar? Kenny thought to himself. He then turned to Chimchain. "Isn't Jory such a dickhead?"

As seen in this example, if a person expresses thought and spoken dialogue without an interrupting party, there does not need to be a line space. However, it is still acceptable to make a line space if you really want, as well as in the case of a change in subject (like a regular paragraph change).

- Conversely, when a character is thinking and the spoken dialogue of a different character interrupts the first character's, there needs to be a line space demarcating the two different perspectives. For this purpose, I'm simply going to add onto the earlier example.

That guy Jory is such an asshole. Who does he think he is, lecturing us on grammar? Kenny thought to himself. He then turned to Chimchain. "Isn't Jory such a dickhead?"

"Yeah!" Chimchain replied enthusiastically. "He's got his head so far up his own ass that he can see what he had for breakfast!"

In this example, we see a change in speaker from Kenny ("Isn't Jory such a dickhead?") to Chimchain ("Yeah!"), thus making the inclusion of a line space absolutely necessary.

Edited by Jory

I'd prefer it if you used italics for Thoughts. also, to help out with the Clarity of what's Thoughts and what's Speech, i use a New Line whenever i switch between one of the three, but that's just what i do.

And yes, it was interrupted by the Fight.

Since Henry switches on and off a lot, it was more to make sure. I just making sure (I know the proper way to use 'em). Having Henry be able to do a mix of dialogue and thoughts also makes him a lot easier to use than typing a line, waiting for a response, then typing another line as someone could easily bunny him through a minor plot point until I get back.

Edited by commander218

After everyone finishes their interaction I'll let Redwood pop up with the new Pokémon. Seeing as it's almost 12PM here I'm off to bed.

For the group involved with Evan: He won't say anything about the reason for attacking Alvin, but you can let him follow you. Alvin and Lana are already in the gym.

@K_H, TurboAura: Guys, what happened with the conversation between our characters? :u

Heh, I was more-or-less waiting for Kenny(K_H) to respond to your 'introduction.' Not really like Robert has much going on, atleast from his POV.

Let me lay a little basic English literary structure on you fellas:

- When a character engages in internal monologue (such as thoughts), they don't usually need to be separated from that same character's actual speech by a line space. For example:

As seen in this example, if a person expresses thought and spoken dialogue without an interrupting party, there does not need to be a line space. However, it is still acceptable to make a line space if you really want, as well as in the case of a change in subject (like a regular paragraph change).

- Conversely, when a character is thinking and the spoken dialogue of a different character interrupts the first character's, there needs to be a line space demarcating the two different perspectives. For this purpose, I'm simply going to add onto the earlier example.

In this example, we see a change in speaker from Kenny ("Isn't Jory such a dickhead?") to Chimchain ("Yeah!"), thus making the inclusion of a line space absolutely necessary.

Where'd you learn this!? Tell me! You must! I have not been able to find proper information on how to format Dialogue and such anywhere...

("Isn't Jory such a dickhead?")

um, Jory? why'd you insult yourself? besides, i'd never think of you in that way, unless you really got on my nerves!

^He was using this for making a funny example Kenny. XD By the way, great post Jory. I always was in doubt in that matter, but now you made it clear.

(I voted that up XD)

Tell me...

I must acquire more of such knowledge...

EDIT:

oh, and I don't really care if any of you guys start trying to talk to Mareek, so do so if you want; though he may or may be a bit more open to conversation than he was last night.

Oh my goodness. Robert, Kenny and Shiro's conversation...

I know I may be bringing on the Wrath of the Ship Lords, but I would shed a tear at this bromance if I wasn't one of it's creators.

-Bromance: Deep guy bond; 0% 'Gay'

ohmygodIcan'tcatchuptothisthreadinsuchashortspanoftime

also I love how Jory makes that post using Chim as an example, then Chim just posts S.O.P. stuff like that post didn't happen XD

and again sorry for the seemingly half-assed post >> I got bored fighting myself...

Edited by ZephyrEnyalios

Where'd you learn this!? Tell me! You must! I have not been able to find proper information on how to format Dialogue and such anywhere...

I learned it in a Creative Writing class in 7th grade, although I'd always known to do so because I was pretty bookish as a kid and the way I learn best is, "Monkey see, monkey do." I could tell you exactly what's wrong with your sentence and have no idea what the technical reason for it is. I just happen to be very good at speaking English.

I learned it in a Creative Writing class in 7th grade, although I'd always known to do so because I was pretty bookish as a kid and the way I learn best is, "Monkey see, monkey do." I could tell you exactly what's wrong with your sentence and have no idea what the technical reason for it is. I just happen to be very good at speaking English.

Oh... so that's how.

The only thing I ever learned from all the crap ton of books I've read is how to write a plot and how to give a character a soul... guess I should've been watching for formatting too... :/

I think I'll skip ahead to the first mission for RoG after all. I mainly let you guys control the fight because I didn't want to hold you up, but it seems like it backfired...