Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I still have no tricks up my sleeve : D really, I'm just going with whatever Pokemon I happen to want at the moment... it'll probably be my downfall lol

I'm doing the same thing for Evan. xD

I'm still excited about this new girl being introduced to mess with Ryan

Same with Danielle.

And I'm sort of picking pokes I like for Danielle as well. Mawile is probably the only exception thanks to character development.

Looks like I'll just have to work with what wit (if I even have any) that I have and any trick I can come up with... just like BSing an essay, lol

Basically how I came up with the charge crystal statue combo (it's more damaging than one may think)

For some reason I think that statue would be more effective in a Contest. At least the charge part would be ineffective against ground types.

For some reason I think that statue would be more effective in a Contest. At least the charge part would be ineffective against ground types.

If we treat the attack as Ice/Electric, it'd pretty much do neutral damage to a majority of pokemon. Also, combining attacks means you're only focused on one Pokemon leaving the other one free to hit you with whatever they want.

Edited by commander218

If we treat the attack as Ice/Electric, it'd pretty much do neutral damage to a majority of pokemon. Also, combining attacks means you're only focused on one Pokemon leaving the other one free to hit you with whatever they want.

The Ice part would do SE on a ground type while Electric won't do anything. Combo or not, if a move isn't very effective or has no effect at all it stays that way.

The Ice part would do SE on a ground type while Electric won't do anything. Combo or not, if a move isn't very effective or has no effect at all it stays that way.

I'm just saying just standard one attacks aren't necessarily a bad thing as their are some downsides to using combos. Having two pokemon attack one is very easy to counter as you could just have your almost fainted Pokemon take the shot (or switch one in last minute). Having a pokemon use two powerful attacks (total is 170 or greater) at once aka hyper offensive hits extremely hard but the pokemon is pretty much a piece of glass waiting to be shattered (or have to recharge).

So you're basically saying that the combo would have absolutely no effect? That sounds a bit hard to believe.

Hm. Speaking of rocks... I should, at the very least, get Lucifer Energy Ball. If I can't do that, I should get me a ground, water, steel or grass type that can take on Fighting types too... hm...

*runs to Google for said types that have Dark with them*

... chim may we catch more than one mon

So you're basically saying that the combo would have absolutely no affect? That sounds a bit hard to believe.

He's saying be careful with coming up with combo's as it leaves your Pokémon wide open to at least one opponent. And everything that's weak to Ice or Electric takes SE damage + extra from the second type, unless type immunity is involved.

Hm. Speaking of rocks... I should, at the very least, get Lucifer Energy Ball. If I can't do that, I should get me a ground, water, steel or grass type that can take on Fighting types too... hm...

*runs to Google for said types that have Dark with them*

... chim may we catch more than one mon

I already said I gave up with trying to keep everyone at three for the upcoming Winter Cup. If you catch more your levels are lower compared to others. If they are on par at least one Pokémon needs to be far behind to balance everything out.

Dark types that can take on Fighting types: Sableye and Spiritomb are immune, Drapion / Skuntank / Malamar / Mandibuzz and Honchkrow take neutral damage. Other dark types combined with the types you mentioned: Sharpedo / Crawdaunt / Greninja (water). Shiftry and Cacturne (grass) and Bisharp for a steel type.

Also, Sergeant chimchain, just for future reference: We can train our team to learn TM moves in the training center, right? I'm just making sure I remember correctly.

Correct.

If you catch more your levels are lower compared to others. If they are on par at least one Pokémon needs to be far behind to balance everything out.

A Low-Level Oshawott should be OK for me to add to my Team, right? (It'll be at Level 10 or so, same as Eve is. She's underleveled, after all, being seven or so levels behind the other Members of my Team.)

A Low-Level Oshawott should be OK for me to add to my Team, right? (It'll be at Level 10 or so, same as Eve is. She's underleveled, after all, being seven or so levels behind the other Members of my Team.)

Go ahead. I'll say something when someone goes overboard with obtaining Pokémon and their levels.

@K_H: Kenny's comment on the bus... not like Robert himself is looking for type coverage, though looking at the team, either a Noibat or a Gible would make his team have 'synergy'(No common type weaknesses) against all but Fairy, but Ofcourse that's not what Robert's focused on.

Also, Devin's idea of Robert... how shall I make Robert seem less like a supportive character? Hmm.

Edit: Mean 'supportive' as in 'secondary,' not Robert's supportive personality.

Edited by TurboAura