Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

Also, Devin's idea of Robert... how shall I make Robert seem less like a supportive character? Hmm.

Edit: Mean 'supportive' as in 'secondary,' not Robert's supportive personality.

Have Robert do something kewl on his own, or try shoving him under the spotlight every once in a while ~

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to be clear: The coordinator/breeder bus didn't get the announcement yet, right? I don't want to jump the gun with a post.

I forgot to add it for them. Assume either Brendan or Rebecca told them.

Also, Devin's idea of Robert... how shall I make Robert seem less like a supportive character? Hmm.

Edit: Mean 'supportive' as in 'secondary,' not Robert's supportive personality.

My advice is to find the fault in Robert and work from there. One example could be that he doesn't understand why Shiro wants to be friends with Henry (he probably realized Henry doesn't really like them that much by now). He could ask Henry to try to be a bit nicer, but ultimately hit a sour note with Henry and be bothered by something he says. Another could be for Robert to call out Slade's irresponsibility (similar to Henry on Kenny) and have a tiny grudge with his attitude.

By the way, I'm not gonna post anything about Henry hearing the announcement. Just imagine him going through the thought processes of griping he's going to be put with a group of idiots who'll somehow find a way to almost kill him.

You know,idk if this seems a bit overpowered but....would you be able to activate Flash Fire by being in a constant stream of Fire Spin?

Nope. It only works if the opponent uses Fire Spin and the boost works only once. (Unless your opponent uses another fire attack again)

My advice is to find the fault in Robert and work from there. One example could be that he doesn't understand why Shiro wants to be friends with Henry (he probably realized Henry doesn't really like them that much by now). He could ask Henry to try to be a bit nicer, but ultimately hit a sour note with Henry and be bothered by something he says. Another could be for Robert to call out Slade's irresponsibility (similar to Henry on Kenny) and have a tiny grudge with his attitude.

That part about Slade could actually work. I mean, Kenny was oblivious to his 'apparent recklessness', but from Devin's thoughts, Slade could actually be pushing his pokemon to too many extremes, possibly to a hourendous point. That might actually be a good way to get Robert to, er... 'Loose his cool.'

Edited by TurboAura

That part about Slade could actually work. I mean, Kenny was oblivious to his 'apparent recklessness', but from Devin's thoughts, Slade could actually be pushing his pokemon to too many extremes, possibly to a hourendous point. That might actually be a good way to get Robert to, er... 'Loose his cool.'

If you want to do that I can change the battles and let Robert fight Slade. That way if he pulls something with his Magnemite again you have first chance to react, but there is no guarantee he'll do it again.

Edited by Chimchain

If you want to do that I can change the battles and let Robert fight Slade. That way if he pulls something with his Magnemite again you have first chance to react, but there is no guarantee he'll do it again.

Do whatever you feel, but I'd atleast want Robert to be able to watch Slade's battle.

Plus, I'm more or less interested in seeing who you set Robert up against naturally.

Edited by TurboAura

I'm about to depart to return to my hometown! My activity around these parts will therefore be cut short untill I return to Bologna, on sunday night: if episode 3 starts while I am away, please send me a private message!

Do whatever you feel, but I'd atleast want Robert to be able to watch Slade's battle.

Plus, I'm more or less interested in seeing who you set Robert up against naturally.

You can watch any battle as I'll start one at a time. Evan vs Slade is the last in line.

And I planned for Robert to fight a Coordinator.

Edit: @Tomas Elliot: It will take a while before chapter 3 starts. There were some delays on my part.

Edited by Chimchain

@Thomas Elliot: Even if Chimchain had a 'perfect schedule,' we still would probably be in Boulder Hills until atleast Monday (Nov. 3), and that's without what he has planned for the Coordinators for time stalling for RoG.

@Bfroger: If your serious, Devin is setting us up to be in battles, of which he selects, to get us out of our 'comfort zones.'

Edited by TurboAura

What's this with battles? I seem to be missing something...

After everyone catched their 3rd, or 4th in some cases, Devin will pair everyone up to see them battle. So far only Slade vs Evan is something I gave away because of earlier battles. You won't be facing someone your PC already had a lot of interaction with before I threw everyone on the bus.

The rules are 2 on 2 singles and you have to use the newly catched Pokémon.

After everyone catched their 3rd, or 4th in some cases, Devin will pair everyone up to see them battle. So far only Slade vs Evan is something I gave away because of earlier battles. You won't be facing someone your PC already had a lot of interaction with before I threw everyone on the bus.

The rules are 2 on 2 singles and you have to use the newly catched Pokémon.

Thanks ~

I find the picture of Ryan riding a Flygon really awkward >.>

Why? It was your choice xD I can still change it so Machamp can carry Ryan around.