Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

I just like Salamence ok ._.,no need to be mean.

If you want i could change it to hydreigon if it offen

Nonono, I wasn't trying to be mean, but it's gotten a bit frustrating making compromises for variety. It's perfectly fine man

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Veterans

Have fun with the Marowak Sir,i hope you enjoy the destruction of all non Emolga/Eelektross electric types

Edit 1: Oh ok Tacos,i thought you were a bit annoyed >.<

Edited by Can't Type

Thank you, Cadet...

And Sergeant Chimchain... I just know thought to ask this: what's going to be the deal with how the Thick Club on the Cubone is going to be handled?

250px-104Cubone.png

As you can plainly see in it's right hand, sir, it;s the sole weapon it uses and It pretty much always carries it and is always found with one in the wild (Not in the games necessarily, but from a common sense perspective, as well as in the anime appearances).

It apparently doubles the things attack stat when held...so... how you are you going to call this in terms of in battle scenarios? would Mareek have to take it away (which would probably be rather hard physically for him and emotionally for the Cubone) before a fight as in accordance with the no items policy, or are you just gonna go the Nerf Route and remove it's held effect or something?

• Support Squad

Thank you, Cadet...

And Sergeant Chimchain... I just know thought to ask this: what's going to be the deal with how the Thick Club on the Cubone is going to be handled?

250px-104Cubone.png

As you can plainly see in it's right hand, sir, it;s the sole weapon it uses and It pretty much always carries it and is always found with one in the wild (Not in the games necessarily, but from a common sense perspective, as well as in the anime appearances).

It apparently doubles the things attack stat when held...so... how you are you going to call this in terms of in battle scenarios? would Mareek have to take it away (which would probably be rather hard physically for him and emotionally for the Cubone) before a fight as in accordance with the no items policy, or are you just gonna go the Nerf Route and remove it's held effect or something?

If I might suggest, why not give the cubone itself a flaw that is resolved as it grows? For Example, My Karrablast would be Very OP early on onceit evolves, so I made it a rebel, but this won't remain the case. Perhaps ne such personalty could help here?

If I might suggest, why not give the cubone itself a flaw that is resolved as it grows? For Example, My Karrablast would be Very OP early on onceit evolves, so I made it a rebel, but this won't remain the case. Perhaps ne such personalty could help here?

Soldier...that in no way answers the question I posed to Sergeant Chimchain. Now drop and give me twenty for lack of relevancy!

• Support Squad

Soldier...that in no way answers the question I posed to Sergeant Chimchain. Now drop and give me twenty for lack of relevancy!

It was a suggestion to counter the OP nature of the Cubones item without rendering it useless or removing it completely.

• Veterans

Anyways,i want to know this for later:would a Psychic type improvising a rock throw attack by using their psychic powers be able to hit a Shedinja super effectively ?

Thank you, Cadet...

250px-104Cubone.png

I never considered the Bone a held item. Cubone can keep it but I'll think I'll use the Nerf Route. Or there is another option if you want to use it: Cubone believes it increases attacks. The power is already there and the Bone has no effect, but when Cubone doesn't hold the thing it becomes a mental problem and he'll hit less hard without realizing it. Thus believing the Bone makes him stronger.

Edit: @Azery: No. The Rock does additional damage, but the basic attack is still Psychic. It only takes damage from the rock, but that would have the same effect as Kenny trying to Sucker Punch that Vulpix in Chapter 1. This is only the case because it's Shedinja. If someone uses that tactic against Alvin it would work, but not super effective, just increased damage.

Also I got held up today so the main update (and the groups) will be tomorrow.

Edited by Chimchain

• Veterans

I never considered the Bone a held item. Cubone can keep it but I'll think I'll use the Nerf Route. Or there is another option if you want to use it: Cubone believes it increases attacks. The power is already there and the Bone has no effect, but when Cubone doesn't hold the thing it becomes a mental problem and he'll hit less hard without realizing it. Thus believing the Bone makes him stronger.

Edit: @Azery: No. The Rock does additional damage, but the basic attack is still Psychic. It only takes damage from the rock, but that would have the same effect as Kenny trying to Sucker Punch that Vulpix in Chapter 1. This is only the case because it's Shedinja. If someone uses that tactic against Alvin it would work, but not super effective, just increased damage.

Also I got held up today so the main update (and the groups) will be tomorrow.

Hmm,but since Shedinja has only 1HP(or are you changing that).....

• Support Squad

Meh, shedinja kinda sounds like a power play mon. No character, unless they're a seasoned fighter, should know of the wonder guard ability, seeing as both the ability and it's user are so rarely used. I can't think of a significant trainer who used one, which means they'd have to play stupid for a while or be accused of Metaing.

Heya Chimmy, wondering when I can rehash my RoG app. Also wanted to ask how exactly leveling will be determined with strength. I always like to think back in Pokemon anime when in one season Pikachu can drop Dragonites like an MCA can drop beats and a few seasons later, same Pikachu gets OHKO'ed by a Snivy Vine Whip (it does happen). I recall also you saying that in my original backstory about the two RoG members battling my OC. Don't forget

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Ya also complained about my OC's usual slips away to enjoy nature. I'll agree with you that's a bad habit, but the Academy part I'll disagree with. I remember in PR when you go to the volcano and Solaris said he didn't believe Cal could actually pull off his assignment, even though Cal said he sabotaged the machine before he could "use" it. Leaders of RoG should be able to scope out potential candidates for an Academy invasion if they're that good.

jadshglahdskghaskjdghkjsdag galen stop giving me huge loopholes you know that it's super easy to convince him to go home hory sshibal

that and crap, now I can't decide what to catch

Deino, which'll be my Dark/Dragon Powerhouse (maybe), at least, when it hits 65?

Or should I focus on my current team's weakness: Rock? Which would lead to me getting maybe a water, fighting, steel, grass-type or something (I'm gonna be referencing Chimchar's post for the list since he gave me one)?

Get Deion for one simple reason, your character has a hydragon as a pokemon in the background in your character page. So naturally it'll be one of your first pokes. Or don't whatever that's just how I think.

Edited by EXLink32

That's true.. :/ anyway later on we might not have a chance to get one.

OKAY ENYO BABY MOMMY'S COMING FOR YOUUUUUUU ~

I'm not getting a dragon in this trip due to Slade's feelings at the moment . "Why?" you may ask, "What feelings could possibly get in the way of getting a dragon?" you might say. Well don't ask me ask Slade in person!

hey ex, what feelings could possibly get in the way of wanting a dragon?

That and maybe I ought to ask, first, whether this will be the only chance to obtain a dragon or not, before jumping in and grabbing a Deino

True, true I would want to know that as well. B)

and what did I just say...

So I'm new to the scene and wanted to join in! I read this thread and decided to PM Chimchain to ask if I could join (stupidly under the assumption that this thread was in character...just read the syntax thread and facepalmed immediately). Like I said, I'm new. I was so inspired that I started writing my character info right after I read the intro. Am I too late to join in the festivities?