Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, thank you. Also, when should we expect the next update to come? I just don't want to be late and hold people back cause I need to focus on some last minute studying for my euro test.

I'm giving people some more time before finishing things up. I'll announce the groups later today in the update. Only thing I'm not sure about is if I'll start it already since I don't have much time tomorrow and both co-hosts are currently busy as well. And once the trip starts there's going to be a lot of NPC interference / wild host controlled Pokémon.

My, my Chim, you've set up a very interesting stage. I'm curious to see which actors will play which parts in the coming events.

@Zephyr and Azery: I'm not sure if I said this, but I changed around my team to include Cacturne and Jellicent. I tried to design a team similar to a Cipher admin (you'll see it better once Henry gets 8 of his 10 Pokemon).

If I provoke her to attack, it may/may not expose her true nature, lol. Zeke's already quite suspicious of the whole thing after all

@Commander: Oh okay. I may gun for Drapion, though I'm not sure if I want Sharpedo or Crawdaunt lol. I might get Krookodile, or Spiritomb, but I'm not sure how to effectively play strategy with its Def. and Sp. Def stats.

Edited by ZephyrEnyalios

They'll hafta remember to not use their powers though... also if he tried to poke Brian in the stomach, would he not feel Crobat's feet instead?

And I'll just assume that Galen's Zoroark hit the nail on the head with appearance, so I won't make Zeke say something like, "Lia, why's your green eye on that side now?"

Yeah... If Zoroark has the power to change landscapes and make Pokemon appear to be there even from a distance, I'm sure it can masquerade perfectly.

Now, how to go about exposing that they're Pokemon...

wouldn't Brian look like he's flapping his arms tho because of Crobat

Edited by ZephyrEnyalios

Yeah... If Zoroark has the power to change landscapes and make Pokemon appear to be there even from a distance, I'm sure it can masquerade perfectly.

Now, how to go about exposing that they're Pokemon...

wouldn't Brian look like he's flapping his arms tho because of Crobat

Zoroark is one of those pokemon that gives me a headache to think about. Really it should be limited to being able to disguise itself (and Zoroak has been proven to talk in B/W 2 only in human form, but Zorua was unable to speak in B/W even in human form). As for the illusion, the actors will play what's written on the script perfectly, but that doesn't mean they know everything about the character they're acting. (Also, assume the Zoroak has been watching you every minute so it'd know everything Zeke knows as well).

As for teams, one thing you could do is run 3 dark types instead of 9 for a mono team. That's what I'm doing for Henry's Rock team.

Edited by commander218

There's that too. I could go with that.

Also monotype teams to me are impractical, that is, if you don't know how to employ the Pokemon you have... So I'm probably going to have more than just one non-Dark type in the team, aside from Chandelure. At the moment I'm really just composing a team based off of Pokemon I feel like using.

@Zephyr: Dark mono is awesome to use. I first planned to have a dark type E4 running around with either Drapion or Krookodile as an Ace.

And I'll move along to the actual camp.

Before someone asks (mymoneyisonTacos): the two new girls will make contact during the trip.

Edit: As far as the competition goes you can post a picture or something. Don't go all art stuff (it's a forest) or something as a Hydreigon vs Salamence fight because they aren't around in those parts.

Edited by Chimchain

Yeah, I'd prefer actually describing something, rather than just grab something off the internet

If that's what you want. Just grabbing something off the internet is the easy option though.

Wait, We have to actually make the artwork?

No, I meant you can find a picture on the internet if you want. I expect most people to run around explore things or look for a Pokémon anyway.

Wait, We have to actually make the artwork?

Uh... How long do we have to make it IRL? I mean, I'm no where near 'art decent,' but I'm creative, most likely would be drawing on actual paper for the picture, but it would be a decent distraction

Edit: Ninja'd by Chim. May still draw something though.

Edited by TurboAura