Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Chim: You mean this? No coverage moves yet, since they will be obtainable through rigorous training.

That + the part about HM and TM. The higher the Pokémon the more I will allow. (Like those Dragons and other wild Pokémon)

Are there any restrictions to recovery moves? I was thinking about centering Danielle's team around recovery (status or HP).

Recovery counts as a support move. Only 2 support move for each Pokémon.

• Support Squad

That + the part about HM and TM. The higher the Pokémon the more I will allow. (Like those Dragons and other wild Pokémon)

Recovery counts as a support move. Only 2 support move for each Pokémon.

So, wha if you want to substitute damaging moves for support moves, is that possible? Because that's kinda whimsicots shtick

So, wha if you want to substitute damaging moves for support moves, is that possible? Because that's kinda whimsicots shtick

I won't allow things like: toxic + recovery move + protect because that's annoying as hell.

What you can do is use damaging moves and use them as support. They won't do much damage though. Or you can give me an example of what you had in mind xD

Thanks Chim! Danielle is officially having a troll team! :3

I think that counts as support as well? I recall Chimchain giving an example with Gary and Rapid Spin.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the host.

Edited by DarkLight

• Support Squad

tbh, a lot of Whimsi moves lend themselves to Contests, so I was thinking the regular Whim set, barring Substitute for obvious reasons, as ell as things like charm

Since Chim had a complaint with Zorro knowing Dark Pulse, i removed it form Zorro's Movepool.

There are enough other dark types moves Zorro can know.

And it's not a complaint, but something I included in the rules. I want everyone to start at more or less the same level so it isn't fair if someone has powerful stab moves while the other hasn't.

(Deleted last post to avoid double-posting)

Nice trick Dobby, this way the Seeds are sure to hit. Oh btw, I'm using Smogon's calculator to check the damage, and Octazooka is supposed to do 20-30 % to Cottonee (Assuming no EVs in any of them, Modest nature Horsea and Bold Cottonee.). At the same rate, Fairy Wind does around 30 % to Horsea, so I weakened it by a third as you said and considered the damage 10%.

Edit: Ops, it's actually 31-36%, so I'll fix it to 11% considering full damage 33.

Okay Chim, I just realized another major difference in Counter between game and anime. Counter/Mirror Coat are used individually for Physical/Special since (Gen III, but probably Gen II). Counter in the anime pretty much will reflect anything off. I doubt I'll ever use the move (you're a sitting duck). so what's your take on Mirror Coat and Counter?

Okay Chim, I just realized another major difference in Counter between game and anime. Counter/Mirror Coat are used individually for Physical/Special since (Gen III, but probably Gen II). Counter in the anime pretty much will reflect anything off. I doubt I'll ever use the move (you're a sitting duck). so what's your take on Mirror Coat and Counter?

In case of confusion just go with the description of the move. Counter = physical only, Mirror Coat = special only.

• Support Squad

Nice trick Dobby, this way the Seeds are sure to hit. Oh btw, I'm using Smogon's calculator to check the damage, and Octazooka is supposed to do 20-30 % to Cottonee (Assuming no EVs in any of them, Modest nature Horsea and Bold Cottonee.). At the same rate, Fairy Wind does around 30 % to Horsea, so I weakened it by a third as you said and considered the damage 10%.

Edit: Ops, it's actually 31-36%, so I'll fix it to 11% considering full damage 33.

Ah, didn't know there were damage calcs >.< I'll try to keep up with them, but yeah. Updating the health

I actually used modified Physics to figure out the damage a reflected ember from a move would do. 2 Embers from a normal Vulpix (without sun) would do 98-105% damage. Since a reflected attack would have to have twice the amount of strength to have equal amount of force (without recieving damage) the combined attack would have to be nerfed. Since the Zorua absorbed 15% if of the damage, the full damage would be no more than 90% at full force. To counter for the impact, I would have to remove 25% of the damage meaning I would subtract 22.3% meaning the total would be 68.7% which I rounded to 70%. 95-70=25% being very close to 20% aka my estimation. (I'm actually kind of proud of myself for this).

Edit: The Sun would've KO'd Gypsy (105%). Of course I'm estimating in Zorua's favor, but that's for another day.

Edited by commander218

Spinning magnets = energy Good

Too much energy = overload Bad

Very clever. Looks like Erce is going down for now...

Anyways, in the future, for anything related to whether or not hits land on Erce when shes boosted with Agility, I will be using either this thing Dobby posted:http://wheeldecide.com/

Or this online coin tosser right here: http://www.virtualcointoss.com/ Though of course, I will overide a miss if circumstances make it only logical that she is indeed hit by a move.

I'll also be using them for any other statistics.

K_H, Can you have one battle WITH-OUT using something sentient to hit your opponent? First you have Ryu fling a Vulpix at you to punch, now your having Ryu use the Vulpix to Whack a Venonat over the head! Right infront of a teacher no less. Are you TRYING to get detention at full effort?

Edit:Ok, your actually using Circle Throw. Guess that make sense, but Let's just not let it get Too far.

Edited by TurboAura

@ Dobby: Well, yeah, considering that the battles are already using crazy combos etc. I think that could be done. I was using it mostly because everyone else did. :ph34r:

Guys, guys, yes, you should stop with the damage calcs and randomizers. You're taking all the fun out of the battles :I

Just make them as cool as possible without messing up the believability ~ You don't need to pinpoint the damage. Like wehn Robert's Elekid charged up the Thundershock against Shiro's Snorunt. It wouldn't have done over 50% of her hp down otherwise. Just take everything in account when deciding the amount of damage your mons sustained ~

• Support Squad

Aand btw, I need to go out for some hours, so can e finish this later Dobby?

Go for it.

Also, for the calcs issue, I will continue using the wheel thing to maintain some fair use.

K_H, Can you have one battle WITH-OUT using something sentient to hit your opponent? First you have Ryu fling a Vulpix at you to punch, now your having Ryu use the Vulpix to Whack a Venonat over the head! Right infront of a teacher no less. Are you TRYING to get detention at full effort?

Edit:Ok, your actually using Circle Throw. Guess that make sense, but Let's just not let it get Too far.

He already has detention from that previous battle. Same goes for Henry, Alvin and Evan. It's not really important but I thought of something and decided to do it anyway (while the others can interact with each other) and use that as the end of chapter 1.