Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea what kind of logic is in play right here.

How the hell is Roar capable of sending a Category:Special Move back to it's sender, or even affect it at all unless it's sound based?

This is my battle all over again. Early in the RP, Zuko's Roar was able to send pokemon flying back and cause them temporarily be stunned.

Edit: Zuko now knows Baby-doll Eyes instead so it doesn't matter.

Edited by commander218

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They switch out due to fright >.>

This is my battle all over again. Early in the RP, Zuko's Roar was able to send pokemon flying back and cause them temporarily be stunned.

Edit: Zuko now knows Baby-doll Eyes instead so it doesn't matter.

make that my second mistake of the day ;~;

Difference is, your situation used similar logic to Mystery Dungeon. His logic used sound waves to, apparently 'frighten an attack.'

Ya know what? Screw it, Exlink. Both Mareek and Slade fought hard as hell in this battle. and at this rate, your just gonna keep having flare use Flame wheel/charge and I'm just gonna have java keep using Discharge every time the attack lands... We're gonna most likely just knock each other out anyway, so what do you say?

You wanna just end this thing in a draw?I'll reply in the IC once you answer this

Ya know what? Screw it, Exlink. Both Mareek and Slade fought hard as hell in this battle. and at this rate, your just gonna keep having flare use Flame wheel/charge and I'm just gonna have java keep using Discharge every time the attack lands... We're gonna most likely just knock each other out anyway, so what do you say?

You wanna just end this thing in a draw?I'll reply in the IC once you answer this

Yea its best that we draw, plus I don't wanna make anything I would regret later. Though I've already done 2 <_<

Very well then... I think the easiest way is just to cause an explosion from two attacks colliding. I'll have Java use Discharge combined with tackle and then get hit by FC causing said needed explosion. Sound good?

Gyah, I trapped my OC from watching the battles by having him check in with Kenny, since Robert wouldn't have heard what Kenny was told about the whole 'punishment' thing. K_H, if you can, just make a simple response from Robert asking the whole 'why so sad' thing so he can meet up with Shiro's group without just ditching Kenny.

Edited by TurboAura

Very well then... I think the easiest way is just to cause an explosion from two attacks colliding. I'll have Java use Discharge combined with tackle and then get hit by FC causing said needed explosion. Sound good?

*FW* and yea that sounds like a good plan.

Poor Jacob. He tries so hard to get Danielle's attention but always gets interrupted and now even ignored. I would almost change to Team Jacob.

Edit: @Turbo: No one is going to get detention aside from those that already have it. To be honest even Henry and Kenny wouldn't be in there if it wasn't for that first battle. I only needed Evan to get in there to get him alone so I can get a little of the plot started.

Cock blocked.

Please don't tell me you were thinking about Twilight when you said "Team Jacob." T.T

I kind of written a rule set if people want to use it to avoid the bias between the anime and the game (since this is a mix of both). If you guys like this, we can use and edit. If you just want to kind of wing it, that's fine by me to. There was just quite a lot issues in my battle (and Stratos vs Exlink) so I thought this would help stop that from happening (you don't have to use it even if it is accepted).

1. Physical Projectiles such as Rock Blast can be reflected by a move other than counter, but will still receive damage

• Special Moves like Ember cannot be reflected but can be stopped or nerfed from a non-physical attack
  • The damage of the projectile will be weaker than the original attack with the strength based on the reflectors attack stat

2. Psychic Type attacks will be able to temporarily halt their opponent which stronger moves harder to break free from (will only last until the players turn)

• Psychic is the only attack to be able to lift the pokemon up in the air, while Confusion just holds it in place
  • Psybeam has the additional affecting of temporarily making the pokemon dizzy (like in the anime)
  • Pokemon with High Sp Attack will be able to hold the pokemon in place, while a lower one may fail (still be able to do damage)
  • High Special Defence will make a pokemon immune to Psychic affects (still take damage)
  • A super effective attack will guarantee a Psychics affect will happen

3. Damage percent will be estimated using a Smogon Calculator (I really hate having to put this one up, but its necessary).

• If all the fighters agree, this can be omitted
  • Estimation of attacks are alright as long as they are in the no more than 15% off

4. Moves less than 100% must use some method of chance (spinner, rng, etc) to see if it hits (defender uses the method)

5. Moves like Dragon Tail and Roar will knock the opponent back (not sure what secondary effect everyone wants) forcing the opponent to switch

• If no substitutions are available, the pokemon is temporarily stunned

6. Counter will only be able to reflect physical attack, but will recieve normal damage regardless

• Mirror Coat will only affect special moves likewise

7. Moves such as Light Screen (Special) and Reflect (Physical) will block moves, but will force the pokemon to be unable to move while the move is in affect

• Never missing moves like Faint Attack and Aerial Ace will hit regardless
  • Priority moves will also be able to bypass the screens

8. To make up for combo moves, stat raising moves will only last for the duration of that turn

• an increase in speed will add 15% bonus to the attack per stage
  • A defensive boost will last for 2 rounds however
  • If a status move was the only thing used during the turn, the effect will last for two more rounds

9. A Pokemon cannot dodge a 100% accuracy attack without using a move

10. If a conflict should arise, the game description of the move/ability will determine what the move will do

Edited by commander218

Cock blocked.

Please don't tell me you were thinking about Twilight when you said "Team Jacob." T.T

I never saw Twilight... But I heard the term somewhere before and that's probably it.

• Support Squad

Cock blocked.

I can guarantee that if all the shipping ends here, it will still be a better love story than twilight. Second time i've made that joke today

Also @Commander, I agree with rules 1,2,4,6,7,9,10.

With damage calcs, Like I said before, should be omitted completely. So long as everyone is fair and reasonable, if not,punishable by social crucifixion, then battles can be done without the castle, and makes the RPing a lot more natural. For Rule 5, those are just weird moves. Roar would frighten people, and I suppose D tail would just whack them away. Finally for Rule 8, the speed thing is just confusing as fuck. I'd say Speed is treated more along the lines of support for accuracy and evasion. A slow target is easier to hit after all. buffs are buffs and are meant to be permanent, plus it's not like a toughened shell is going to weaken after ic time of maybe a couple of minutes. Finally, Status moves also are permanent, Poison doesn't fade, and a burn won't magically disappear. Besies, Hazrds like these can provide a challenge outside of battle too.

I'll get a look at it tomorrow but Screens work the same as in competitive. They reduce damage but don't block attacks completely. And status moves are permanent unless you have something like Heal Bell.

Though I think that maybe something can be negotiated about number 8; specifically for Statuses. If it's something short term like confusion, then yeah, two turns only is fine. but if it's something long term like Poison or paralysis, then it should be in effect until switch out or the battle ends (And then make it illegal for people to cheat that condition by switching their mon out and then immediately switching it back in, because that's the cowardly way to fight.)

I based a lot of them on conflicts on both our battles. Also, I think I was talking about moves like Growl, Baby-doll Eyes, Agility, Dragon Dance, etc. Not Status Conditions. I'll have to make a sleep and confusion table, but the rest of them are permanent if they hit (unless you use a method to heal it).

@Chim: I just wanted to bring it up. I was indifferent at what to do with them. I'll change that later then. Also, feel free to change anything as that is just a draft.

Edited by commander218

Moves like growl etc do exactly the same as the description says it does. I haven't seen any problems with attacks like that. As long as people use common sense and follow the descriptions for those moves most problems should be resolved.

Anyway I'll go into more detail later as it is past midnight and I'm off.

Damage calcs, I believe, can be omitted as long as we play fairly. Since we are incorporating some anime logic into this, damage calcs may not be accurate enough to use every single time we fight. I mean, come on, Ash's Pikachu came out on top even when they are up against a Dragonite. If we use calcs (even with Light Ball), I doubt that Pikachu would survive. Maybe we can use the calculator when we feel that it looks too extraordinary for a situation to happen. If the worst happens, then Chimchain has the final say.

In regards to weird moves that switch out the Pokemon (ie: Dragon Tail and Roar) I feel that they should keep the switching effect. For example, I always imagined Dragon Tail being able to knock the opponent out of the field (or close to the trainer) so that the Pokeball will immediately recall the victim back. Roar would scare the opponent and cause the opponent to run into its respective Pokeball, etc.

@Darklight: That's why I incorporated the 15% rule (I might change to ten) so you wouldn't have to use a calculator, but base damage on judgement. (Usually, I just reference it to make sure I'm not over or underestimating). This ruleset is made so that people can't cheat (you don't have to use it if you both agree upon it).

Here's a good example: Say Mudkip uses Water Gun on a Rattata. In your head, you know it would take out around 30% of its HP, but your opponent only says it only did 10%. Four Water Guns is a lot different than 10 to KO a pokemon. Using the 15% rule would likely make your opponent knock off 20% instead (5KO) which is a big difference.

I forgot something. If you do break the 15% rule, the damage will be calculated to max possible damage. The only possibly way to bypass this is if you use a move to try and reduce the damage (you won't be able to attack the opponent then).

Edited by commander218