Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

Next time I get ninja'd in my own battle, I'm leaving the RP. Jacob reacted quickly to everything else in the battle. He would obviously be the first to notice if THE OTHER TRAINER JUMPED INTO HIS POKEMON'S ATTACK.

This is fucking ridiculous and unprofessional. If Chimchain wants to interfere, that's one thing, but seeing as I'm the only one directly involved I'd say that Commander and ExLink should retcon immediately before I freak out.

EDIT: I won't be posting until you two figure out how to go about that in a way that doesn't smell of white-knighting where it's unnecessary.

Edited by Jory

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next time I get ninja'd in my own battle, I'm leaving the RP. Jacob reacted quickly to everything else in the battle. He would obviously be the first to notice if THE OTHER TRAINER JUMPED INTO HIS POKEMON'S ATTACK.

This is fucking ridiculous and unprofessional. If Chimchain wants to interfere, that's one thing, but seeing as I'm the only one directly involved I'd say that Commander and ExLink should retcon immediately before I freak out.

Henry vs Jacob, that could be fun.

@ Jory, well, I didn't have any better ideas and this is pretty much and I didn't want another Henry vs Kenny episode. Time to edit again.

@ Exlink: You play hero, Henry will just sit back and watch.

Edited by commander218

No such thing is happening until you and ExLink retcon. The idea that that entire sequence of events took place with Jacob standing in his Trainer's box like an idiot is unacceptable.

Question, does Chim have a co-host/other mod in this or not? I was looking over the RPs that are currently running and deciding which I need to keep an eye peeled or not, and this one is the only one I am not sure. It is exploding with popularity at the moment so I was a bit concerned. ((cause as we know, the bigger something gets the more chances something can go wrong.))

EDIT: I won't be posting until you two figure out how to go about that in a way that doesn't smell of white-knighting where it's unnecessary.

Actually, the dust would block your vision of the other trainer, (Like me and stratos) so its completely reasonable that your pokemon would be in the stage to attack. Plus, someone would've jumped in to stop the sand sooner or later so I don't see the problem. Not to make you angrier but could you elaborate on this problem so we can fix it without caps lock on please.

Side Note: ninjaed twice making this, by Jory and Hukuna

Edited by EXLink32

Essentially, because the pacing of this posting has been so quick, when I stopped posting for 45 minutes to GET MY FUCKING SCHOOLWORK DONE, I came back to find that the battle I waited patiently for behind these people had been ended without my knowledge or consent. That's incredibly inconsiderate, especially considering ExLink and Commander had no fucking right to step onto that battlefield.

EDIT: And before you try to use semantics, ExLink, remember that the cloud was only above the bowl, and not below it. Plus, given the relatively small scale of both the attacks and the field, it would be pretty easily noticeable IF SOMEONE WERE SCREAMING AND THEN SOMEONE ELSE RAN ONTO THE FIELD.

EDIT 2: THIS IS IN ALL BOLD AND ALL CAPS BECAUSE I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT. IF I CAN'T STOP POSTING FOR LESS THAN AN HOUR TO DO MY SCHOOLWORK, THEN THIS ENTIRE SECTION IS AS GOOD AS DEAD TO ME. WHAT EXLINK AND COMMANDER HAVE DONE IS IGNORE THE CONCEPT OF COMMON COURTESY, INTERJECTING THEMSELVES IN A SITUATION IRRELEVANT TO THEM FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAKING THEIR CHARACTERS RELEVANT TO EVERY POSSIBLE PLOT POINT. IF YOU'RE GOING TO INTERFERE IN SOMEONE ELSE'S SHIT, PM THEM FIRST.

Edited by Jory

I really don't want to have to get involved here if I don't have too. So we need to have a little less yelling and a little more cooling off for a sec. Can somebody screencap me what happened and either pm me it so I am up to speed, since shifitng through al that would take a while for me. ((since I was sick when most of this started so there is no way I can read all of it up to that point.))

Essentially, because the pacing of this posting has been so quick, when I stopped posting for 45 minutes to GET MY FUCKING SCHOOLWORK DONE, I came back to find that the battle I waited patiently for behind these people had been ended without my knowledge or consent. That's incredibly inconsiderate, especially considering ExLink and Commander had no fucking right to step onto that battlefield.

EDIT: And before you try to use semantics, ExLink, remember that the cloud was only above the bowl, and not below it. Plus, given the relatively small scale of both the attacks and the field, it would be pretty easily noticeable IF SOMEONE WERE SCREAMING AND THEN SOMEONE ELSE RAN ONTO THE FIELD.

I only did something because I didn't know if you would come back on before Chim did or Darklight had some kind of idea. We really need to go into discussions in case we want to do something like this and figure out who should resolve it.

@Huk: I pretty much resolved it by stepping back.

Ok, I see your point. Now, you stated that went away for a sum of minuets correct, now in RP's who ever posts first has priority when it comes to things like this. Not to say that this is right or wrong because this is where the term ninja'd comes from. Next, not that this is refunding your other statement, I'm doing both this and an essay, also the time zones leave me between 9-8 hours before the host, Ex. 12pm where chimchain is 3am where I am. I have to read a good couple of pages before I can post, so essentially I get mega-ninja'd everyday. Lastly RP's are like RL you can't contol everyone's moves, its how you deal with them is what makes this fun, so roll with the punches and we'll all have a good time! :D

Edit: Dang, got ninja'd 3 times >_< Hukuna 2 times Comander 1 time

Edited by EXLink32

I think the discussion is nonexistent and you wait until the next post to see what happens. Just because there is a post doesn't mean you have to react to every single one, particularly in forum RP where people leave messages and then resume the rest of their goddamned lives.

And Hukuna, I'm sorry for yelling, but it's ridiculous that I even have to say something. Hijacking someone's battle is infantile at worst, a cry for attention at best (unless you're the host).

ExLink, "first come first serve" doesn't apply to conversatiosn

Edited by Jory

@Jory and Exlink: That's between you two and Darklight to figure out. I only tried interviening BECAUSE I GOT A WARNING FOR DOING SOMETHING IN A SIMILAR SITUATION. I would've let Danielle be hit otherwise.

Edit: Jory, is there a way for you to cancel the attack. I feel that'd be a better solution than the white knight method.

Edited by commander218

I understand that, but as a community we got to treat each other with respect. I know you are upset, and probs super mad about it, but I can't have you yelling at people, because it just hurts more feelings and gets more people in a tizzy. Just, let's try and keep this civil, for my sake, please. I have a lot of stuff to work on along side this and policing these things eats a lot of my time if I have to do it.

And if there is a message about this, put me in it. SInce Chim isn't here I should be in there. I probably won't say anyhting, but either the Host of the RP or a mod or something should be there.

All I have to say is that if you'd interrupted someone's conversation like you did that RP battle, they'd look at you like you have 3 heads. It's common courtesy. Nothing special, just something you need to have for people to not dislike you being in a room.

Sorry, I'm not yelling like it looks like. Yeah, I overreacted a bit. I really do think we should make it a rule that trainers can't jump in a fight in order to block an attack without discussion prior to the post. It'll throw up too many alarms. This is the second time this situation has come up. I did commit the first one (dear god you don't want to know the consequences).

Edited by commander218

If we can solve it here, it is better. But keep it up for now, just in case Ex.

In the words of Happy: Aye Sir!

So, if I'm correct these are the standings:

Solution A: Remove any intervention with battle

Solution B: Keep intervention and have people work around said intervention

My vote is with B

Edited by EXLink32

We aren't really voting on it, but I would really like if somebody would point me in the direction of where this happened in the IC, that way I can have a clearer picture of what on earth happened.

ok well check the last page of the IC that's where the prob is.