Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

@Darklight: I'm going to cue Devin heading this way in my next post so we can finally end this battle.

As for my favorite starter: Eevee (XD starter lol)

Bulbasaur

Squirtle

Chimchar

Edit: I was so PO when they announced Mega Beedrill because I totally would've switched Gypsy with a Weedle if I knew about it

No problem~

And none of the pokemon listed are on my list, so you all are safe with your choices. The rest of my team is planned to be Ivysaur/Venusaur, Lanturn and Dragonair. Reserves are still in the air for me

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Support Squad

This is my team, set in stone for the most part. If you want some variety, please refrain from using these pokemon on your teams.

Walrein

Salamence

Luxray

Gengar

Blaziken

Klefki

Cradily

Steelix

Slaking

Galvantula

As for my favorite starters

1. Torchic (first pokemon)

2. Froakie (Protean OP)

3. Piplup (Water and Steel. I'll take it.)

I can only imagine how much of a bitch that slaking will be

Thomas, I just had a great idea. Since you said your PC's Aunt is in Unova in Castelia City, and since my PC is from an area near Castelia City, perhaps our PCs could be Cousins?

Also personally I don't care too much abou clauses so I might still go for a Pokemon someone is already using, lol... I'm just not sure who or what yet.

Absol tho. Salamence or Hydreigon. Houndoom is nice too. Maybe Aggron or Snorlax. Crobat? Irdk

Edited by ZephyrEnyalios

Question. If we were to combo two moves, would it be able to result in two statuses?

Nope only 1 status. You can combine status moves but only one will take effect.

@Darklight: I considered both Rotom and Lanturn for my team

My team:

Ninetales*/Delcatty*

Venonat

Excadrill

Hitmontop

Cacturne

Jellicent

Reserves:

Tyranitar

Lunatone

Aerodactyl

Glalie

I may or may not leave one of Henry's main 6 in Orre after Year 1

Edited by commander218

Anybody got Rotom? If not, I'll take it as a reserve Poke for me! xD

You remind me of something I was about to say if someone would claim Rotom

Rotoms tend to test different forms by taking control of the equipment that's needed. If you want you can test a few different forms, but after a short while it will settle for one specific form.

You remind me of something I was about to say if someone would claim Rotom

Rotoms tend to test different forms by taking control of the equipment that's needed. If you want you can test a few different forms, but after a short while it will settle for one specific form.

Fair enough~ I only thought about Rotom because I need a defensive wall (Lanturn being Sp. Def).

@Commander: Great minds think alike xD (Sorry if I stole them)

Thomas, I just had a great idea. Since you said your PC's Aunt is in Unova in Castelia City, and since my PC is from an area near Castelia City, perhaps our PCs could be Cousins?

I'll have to decline on that. You see, a relevant part of Mao's character development will rely on the fact that he claims to be the champion's son, but he really isn't. If he had a relative attending his same school, his lie could be exposed too easily...

By the way, glad to see I was approved, I'll make sure to mention my former school when I introduce myself to the class on my debut. Please Chimchain, send me a private message as soon as Chapter 2 ends, so that I'll be able to settle the levels of my Pokemon!

Speaking of which... I apologize about the "everyone's got Bisharp" thing, I designed my team SPECIFICALLY with diversity in mind (and to fit Mao's theme and personality), I swear I checked the PC list on the first page 3 times and I coudln't see anybody being listed with a Pawniard as partner... But you have to gimme credit tho: of all the things that are/will be able to Mega Evolve, I went straight for Buneary/Lopunny, which not only fits Mao's character development, but is also a pretty unique choice...

And the lists you people are posting kinda scare me. I have no "team set in stone" yet, and I don't really know when/if I'll ever have one: if you people just keep on being like "these are my guys, let me be the only one to have them" and claim all the good stuff (and I can't help but notice all such lists included way more than 6 Pokemon), nothing will be left for those like me... ;-;

I'll have to decline on that. You see, a relevant part of Mao's character development will rely on the fact that he claims to be the champion's son, but he really isn't. If he had a relative attending his same school, his lie could be exposed too easily...

Ah well, it was worth a shot... but you do realize that Ryu (My Riolu who's about to become a Lucario in this Chapter) could just as easily expose the Lie due to Aura displaying one's thoughts?

Edited by K_H

By the way, glad to see I was approved, I'll make sure to mention my former school when I introduce myself to the class on my debut. Please Chimchain, send me a private message as soon as Chapter 2 ends, so that I'll be able to settle the levels of my Pokemon!

Speaking of which... I apologize about the "everyone's got Bisharp" thing, I designed my team SPECIFICALLY with diversity in mind (and to fit Mao's theme and personality), I swear I checked the PC list on the first page 3 times and I coudln't see anybody being listed with a Pawniard as partner... But you have to gimme credit tho: of all the things that are/will be able to Mega Evolve, I went straight for Buneary/Lopunny, which not only fits Mao's character development, but is also a pretty unique choice...

And the lists you people are posting kinda scare me. I have no "team set in stone" yet, and I don't really know when/if I'll ever have one: if you people just keep on being like "these are my guys, let me be the only one to have them" and claim all the good stuff (and I can't help but notice all such lists included way more than 6 Pokemon), nothing will be left for those like me... ;-;

You get more than six pokemon in this RP btw. Just thought I should throw that out there.

Edited by EXLink32

You get more than six pokemon in this RP btw. Just thought I should throw that out there.

At maximum, ten Pokemon per Student, but only Six on hand at a time.

• Support Squad

Fair enough~ I only thought about Rotom because I need a defensive wall (Lanturn being Sp. Def).

Walls aren't as useful as you'd think in this. I'd take more adaptable pokemon, rather than the conventional games walls.

Like 90% of my choices were taken (20-30) when I read what people picked.

@Thomas: Don't worry about having two pokemon that are the same. Just use them differently and they'll both stand out. (I actually was tempted to pick a Salamence because Henry had a very bad experience with a Bagon before attending the academy)

Also, six at the end of year one, but more are allowed later.

At maximum, ten Pokemon per Student, but only Six on hand at a time.

This. Pokéballs radiate energy and if 7 or more are in a close area, random Pokéballs will shut and won't open. (Yes, I just figured I gave that as a reason.)

With close area I mean the ones that belong to one trainer.

Edited by Chimchain

Like 90% of my choices were taken (20-30) when I read what people picked.

@Thomas: Don't worry about having two pokemon that are the same. Just use them differently and they'll both stand out. (I actually was tempted to pick a Salamence because Henry had a very bad experience with a Bagon before attending the academy)

Also, six at the end of year one, but more are allowed later.

Do you want any of mine, I bet I could give you one kuz I did pick seven.

Walls aren't as useful as you'd think in this. I'd take more adaptable pokemon, rather than the conventional games walls.

That's why I've got Sylveon as one of my Pokemon. Eve can be a Wall and a Cannon simultaneously, as i've seen firsthand in Gen VI. (Never underestimate a Moonblast. those things can KO a Pokemon of similar Level to the User and no Resistance to Fairy in two hits.)

Edited by K_H

Ah well, it was worth a shot... but you do realize that Ryu (My Riolu who's about to become a Lucario in this Chapter) could just as easily expose the Lie due to Aura displaying one's thoughts?

I can actually see Mao being like -That Pokemon... That Pokemon can sense aura! That's a power that I could use to expose the mystery of this elusive "love" quantity! *huff* *huff* ...Please... Please let me dissect it! *drool* - Cue perv mode face.

But in all seriousness, Mao is a master of believing is own lies, as he practices repression and denial as ways of keeping his suffering in check and hite everything behind his mad scientist persona, so you won't get away with merely saying "I read your mind"...

Geez, why are you getting me to talk about hidden depths? These are supposed to come into play MUCH later, Mao is going to be a purely comedic character at the beginning!

Also, something I had forgotten to ask earlier: battles are going to be roleplayed, right? I mean, roleplaying skills, strategy and respect of the setting are what matters to win, we don't have to actually battle it out on the sim right? Because I was planning to keep on following Mao's theme as I add new members to the team in the future, but of course a team built that way would be total crap in an actual battle on the sim...

Do you want any of mine, I bet I could give you one kuz I did pick seven.

No, I'm fine. It was only two spots I had so much trouble filling. (The Dragon and the sixth member). I still have most of the ones I really wanted.