Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

I can actually see Mao being like -That Pokemon... That Pokemon can sense aura! That's a power that I could use to expose the mystery of this elusive "love" quantity! *huff* *huff* ...Please... Please let me dissect it! *drool* - Cue perv mode face.

But in all seriousness, Mao is a master of believing is own lies, as he practices repression and denial as ways of keeping his suffering in check and hite everything behind his mad scientist persona, so you won't get away with merely saying "I read your mind"...

Geez, why are you getting me to talk about hidden depths? These are supposed to come into play MUCH later, Mao is going to be a purely comedic character at the beginning!

Also, something I had forgotten to ask earlier: battles are going to be roleplayed, right? I mean, roleplaying skills, strategy and respect of the setting are what matters to win, we don't have to actually battle it out on the sim right? Because I was planning to keep on following Mao's theme as I add new members to the team in the future, but of course a team built that way would be total crap in an actual battle on the sim...

Yes, Battles are RP'd here. (It's called "Anime Style Battling" or ASB in Fandom Jargon.)

Edited by K_H

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walls aren't as useful as you'd think in this. I'd take more adaptable pokemon, rather than the conventional games walls.

Yeah, that's why I settled on Lanturn at first. It can be stallish but offensive to a lesser degree. Rotom is on the same principle, but mostly because I saw it as a prankster that will fit Danielle's fun personality.

@Commander: I didn't think anyone would pick Lanturn; it's so overlooked that I thought there won't be any danger to it. ><

Maybe I should give Alvin a Vivillon. You know Pokémon 666...

And btw Elliot are you absolutely certain you want to join in chapter 3? I can introduce you in the next trip because it will take a while before we go there. I already mentioned I'm moving certain things to Chapter 2 to drag it out so RoG can catch up a little.

Maybe I should give Alvin a Vivillon. You know Pokémon 666...

And btw Elliot are you absolutely certain you want to join in chapter 3? I can introduce you in the next trip because it will take a while before we go there. I already mentioned I'm moving certain things to Chapter 2 to drag it out so RoG can catch up a little.

Well, you are the one who knows how long it is gonna take, so you have to tell me... What I do know is that this coming week is going to be kinda busy for me, so I really don't mind waiting: as a matter of fact, the next one will be even worse, so yeah, when I have to post something I post, no problem, but if I need to wait first, it won't really be a problem, because I'll have LOTS of IRL stuff to do to kill time as I wait, so don't worry...

Long story short: if you know for a fact that ending chapter 2 will take a month or longer, then I'll join the fray right now. But if it is a matter of a week or two (or even less), then I actually prefer waiting...

With the current activity it's going to be a week or two I guess. I'm finishing this up, go ahead to the Boulder Hills and split everyone up. After some encounters I'll give everyone an opponent and after that I'm going to stall a little with stuff on campus to introduce a bit of chapter 3.

@Darklight: I kind of use one in my second Pokemon Reborn Run and it was amazing. That's why I considered it. I kind of wanted to design a Pokemon team that'd have more than use for battling like how Zuko is able to sniff things out and Gypsy is able to see at night.

Funny story: I was actually planning on having a Lilligant/Shiftry instead of a Deerling, but it was just too good to pass up. Chim is probably just waiting for the moment I try to get one.

With the current activity it's going to be a week or two I guess. I'm finishing this up, go ahead to the Boulder Hills and split everyone up. After some encounters I'll give everyone an opponent and after that I'm going to stall a little with stuff on campus to introduce a bit of chapter 3.

I'll let you know if something changes, but for now I'd really prefer to wait... It will also be an occasion to lurk a bit and get to know the other people!

@Darklight: I kind of use one in my second Pokemon Reborn Run and it was amazing. That's why I considered it. I kind of wanted to design a Pokemon team that'd have more than use for battling like how Zuko is able to sniff things out and Gypsy is able to see at night.

Funny story: I was actually planning on having a Lilligant/Shiftry instead of a Deerling, but it was just too good to pass up. Chim is probably just waiting for the moment I try to get one.

Why would I be waiting for that? What could I possibly do with a Deerling?

I'll let you know if something changes, but for now I'd really prefer to wait... It will also be an occasion to lurk a bit and get to know the other people!

Ok sounds good.

You could always use that time to read the IC so you at least have a general knowledge of what's happening between characters and stuff.

Chim, feel free to Bunny Zorro for this next bit so that we can learn about what happened from the Hydregion's Point of View.

Zorro was sleeping the entire time and Hydreigon isn't the most friendly one around. It's mostly up to Evan / Henry / Shiro to comment. (And those that ran in later)

Zorro was sleeping the entire time and Hydreigon isn't the most friendly one around. It's mostly up to Evan / Henry / Shiro to comment. (And those that ran in later)

Um, Zorro can ask Questions to the Hydregion... Just saying. Also, Kenny and his Team woke up when the Fireworks sounded off, and rushed to the Scene.

Um, Zorro can ask Questions to the Hydregion... Just saying. Also, Kenny and his Team woke up when the Fireworks sounded off, and rushed to the Scene.

I repeat: Hydreigon isn't the most friendly one around and would ignore Zorro. And even if Kenny woke up he missed the biggest part.

If anyone wants to add in their parts to the story, go ahead, but I only did that post because Henry saw the whole thing and knew what was going on.

Evan certainly will. Now I'm just waiting if Shiro will ninja him to it so he can retaliate. xD

I repeat: Hydreigon isn't the most friendly one around and would ignore Zorro. And even if Kenny woke up he missed the biggest part.

Hydreigon is pretty much the same way as Henry. Knowing that, he probably hates Kenny too (I'm kidding), but I doubt he'd talk to Zorro.

Edit: Henry has a Venonat, not Tangela because that'd be too OP.

Edited by commander218

Hydreigon is pretty much the same way as Henry. Knowing that, he probably hates Kenny too (I'm kidding), but I doubt he'd talk to Zorro.

Edit: Henry has a Venonat, not Tangela because that'd be too OP.

Oops, I'll change it. I was trying to figure out what to do with RoG and one of them has a Tangela. I might screw up later again though xD

Now just waiting for Robert to back up Danielle's view to some degree. Evan, you better watch out for Avis

Is that before or after Cleffa is done wiping the floor with it?

Corona and/or Mawile can take care of that

Please.

Cleffa (soon Clefairy) > Avis

Eevee (soon Vaporeon) > Corona

Phanpy > Mawile

By doing this I noticed Evan has a big advantage over Danielle. xD

Corona and/or Mawile can take care of that

Well, you're just lucky that i don't have Otto right now...

[EDIT]: I got ninja'd...

Edited by K_H