Sutoratosu

I have to pass for now. I've got a few more busy days coming and the rest of my time goes into the RP's I'm already in.

I will be reading along when you start this so I might join in then if there is room.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Garen Forrest

Ethnicity: Caucasian (American)

Class: Scout

Support Skill: Tracking

Personality: Somewhat quiet and gruff, but once he has made friends with somebody, he opens up a lot more. He prefers to think logically rather than making rash decisions, and as a Scout, he needs to be doubly sure of himself. He puts the safety of his allies above the mission, finding life to be the most important thing. He is very slow to anger, being a calm man, but when pushed over the line, he explodes into a rage.

Backstory: Ever since his childhood, Garen has been obsessed with what information remains of the Earth from so long ago. He dreams of seeing the land that once had flowing waterfalls, hot deserts, lush forests, and vast oceans to see how it would compare to the world he was born into. He wishes to see the animals mentioned in the books he has read, though there is no hope of that for him now. The idea that humans originated somewhere else fascinates him. He considers himself a simple man, wanting little other than to explore the land around him. Garen is a man of nature, as he appreciates the life of the forests and plants around them. He spent his time learning to hunt, fish, trap, and track. Some would say he lives in the past, simplifying his entire lifestyle, wishing to see the old land, and spending all his time around nature.

Appearance: Tall and muscular, Garen is the essence of the physical. He keeps his brown hair long, reaching down to his back in a ponytail. He has green eyes and a broad chin, covered in a light stubble. He prefers to wear vests and khaki pants with boots.

Additional: Not really. I imagine him as a lumberjack style of man, set in a futuristic world. I thought it would be interesting and fun to RP a man that clashes with his time period, while still synchronizing with the setting.

Edited by Flux

Name: Garen Forrest

Ethnicity: Caucasian (American)

Class: Shock Trooper

Support Skill: Stealth

Personality: Somewhat quiet and gruff, but once he has made friends with somebody, he opens up a lot more. He prefers to think logically rather than making rash decisions, and as a Shock Trooper, he needs to be doubly sure of himself before rushing in to close range. He puts the safety of his allies above the mission, finding life to be the most important thing. He is very slow to anger, being a calm man, but when pushed over the line, he explodes into a rage.

Backstory: Ever since his childhood, Garen has been obsessed with what information remains of the Earth from so long ago. He dreams of seeing the land that once had flowing waterfalls, hot deserts, lush forests, and vast oceans to see how it would compare to the world he was born into. He wishes to see the animals mentioned in the books he has read, though there is no hope of that for him now. The idea that humans originated somewhere else fascinates him. He considers himself a simple man, wanting little other than to explore the land around him. Garen is a man of nature, as he appreciates the life of the forests and plants around them. Some would say he lives in the past, simplifying his entire lifestyle, wishing to see the old land, and preferring close combat fighting to guns. He finds much more beauty and skill in fighting with a sword or knife than pulling the trigger on a gun. He trained as a shock trooper so that he could be allowed to explore the new area, Eden. Perhaps it will satisfy his curiosity and give him something in the current time to focus on.

Appearance: Tall and muscular, Garen is the essence of the physical. He keeps his brown hair long, reaching down to his back in a ponytail. He has green eyes and a broad chin, covered in a light stubble. He prefers to wear vests and khaki pants with boots.

Additional: Not really. I imagine him as a lumberjack style of man, set in a futuristic world. I thought it would be interesting and fun to RP a man that clashes with his time period, while still synchronizing with the setting.

Rejected because you remind too much of Chris McCandless and Henry Thoarou .

Nah, JK man, you're accepted. ^_^

Lord...ten days, this is the longest it's ever taken me to get a RP up and running with an IC. And it's still not quite ready yet. Yay! a new low...

eh... again, sorry about the wait guys. I honestly did no work for Esperanza before hand because I was running up on the ETC deadline I set. I've pretty much been making everything about the settlement up as I type it. but shouldn't be too much longer before we can finally begin.

And here's a list of Characters accepted so far:

Sarah Answell- Rosesong

Zero Pax- Exlink

Mauro "Big" Gomes- Notus

Garen Forrest- Flux

The list of characters still in the works remains the same pretty much (Because I'm taking so damn long to get the details in...)

I'll update the OP for acceptees.

Name: Katsumi Erdos

Ethnicity: Japanese (American)/ Caucasian (Canadian)

Personality: Katsumi is a very upbeat individual and is generally very cheery and optimistic. She's generally very good to be with, but may annoy some people due to her argumentative streak and she really loves to play the devil's advocate. Being pretty creative she thinks quickly on her feet but she can seem a bit arrogant. Loving efficiency and having a tendency to generalize, Katsumi may be a bit quick to judge a person. If she has to repeat herself, she can get a bit snippy, but she’s generally calm and doesn’t take many things personally. She also has some ADHD, so she notices a lot of things but she has difficulty focusing, particularly if she is not interested .She wears a spinner ring on her left ring finger that she uses quite often due to her inability to sit still for too long.

She joined the ERC mainly because she’s very adventurous and has always been curious of the whole world of Esperanza. She also has a very deep desire to help people and would willingly give her life up for a good cause.

Backstory: Katsumi has lived a generally plain life, her parents were both middle class and she had never really had much hardship. She was, from a young age, always fixated with joining the ERC, and she did just that as soon as she came of age to do so. With the outbreak of the virus, she lost her father and some of her good friends. Even without the virus hitting per personally, Katsumi was devastated by the death and destruction it brought forth; she became resolved do as much as she could to try to find the solution. And so she joined the expedition.

Appearance: Kind of short and small, but also well-toned, seeing at how she had joined the Esperanza Ranger Core. She has a very distinctive face, being a mix of both Japanese and Caucasian features, distinctive, but in a good way, one could say. Her hair is raven black, cut short and barely jaw length with some shorter and some longer strands, it normally looks like it hasn’t been combed given the texture. Both of her eyes are brown, but one is a lighter hazel-y shade and the other is a dark reddish brown.

Additional: She's fluent in both English and Japanese, but she has a preference for English.

Edited by Snap Crackle Pop

I'll get her backstory hammered out eventually.

By the way, does this 'verse have anything like the Fusion Cannon?

- secondary fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTzAxnnIYxI - primary

Plasma weaponry is, by the laws of Esperanza, only allowed to ever be equipped on Starships, all of which are under the control of the Ministry of Defense

Back on earth, People figured out how to weaponize plasma like a lightsaber once... in the form of a war head. where the technology and knowledge to do this came from, I will not disclose to any of you. just know that it was weaponized a few decades before the Exodus, so around the 2340's or so. It DID NOT END WELL AT ALL. The UN had a fucking field day afterwards... needless to say, International law imposed severe consequences on anyone caught with any PWs, and everyone had to give up all the stockpiles they had manufactured.

So yes, they have Plasma weaponry, but unless your onboard a Starcraft in the void of space with an enemy fighter approaching you guns ablazing, you will never see it in action.

Name: Katsumi Erdos

Ethnicity: Japanese (American)/ Caucasian (Canadian)

Personality: Katsumi is a very upbeat individual and is generally very cheery and charismatic, but she is a big devil’s advocate and can be a bit argumentative. She is pretty creative and thinks quickly on her feet but she can seem a bit arrogant. Loving efficiency and having a tendency to generalize, Katsumi may be a bit quick to judge a person. If she has to repeat herself, she can get a bit snippy, but she’s generally calm and doesn’t take many things personally. She also has some ADHD, so she notices a lot of things but she has difficulty focusing, particularly if she is not interested .She wears a spinner ring on her left ring finger that she uses quite often due to her inability to sit still for too long.

She joined the ERC mainly because she’s very adventurous and has always been curious of the whole world of Esperanza. She also has a very deep desire to help people and would willingly give her life up for a good cause.

Backstory: Katsumi has lived a generally plain life, her parents were both middle class and she had never really had much hardship. She was, from a young age, always fixated with joining the ERC, and she did just that as soon as she came of age to do so. With the outbreak of the virus, she lost her father and some of her good friends. Even without the virus hitting per personally, Katsumi was devastated by the death and destruction it brought forth; she became resolved do as much as she could to try to find the solution. And so she joined the expedition.

Appearance: Kind of short and small, but also well-toned, seeing at how she had joined the Esperanza Ranger Core. She has a very distinctive face, being a mix of both Japanese and Caucasian features, distinctive, but in a good way, one could say. Her hair is raven black, cut short and barely jaw length with some shorter and some longer strands, it normally looks like it hasn’t been combed given the texture. Both of her eyes are brown, but one is a lighter hazel-y shade and the other is a dark reddish brown.

Additional: She's fluent in both English and Japanese, but she has a preference for English.

accepted.

EDIT: I will try to get this thread finished by Monday of next week. If I work right through the weekend on everything, that should be enough to get us started... hopefully.

I maybe making a character, hopefully nobody took Sniper yet, cause I want to make a rather mysterious Stranger type character. (( I am also waiting until the everything is all settled probably, unless I get bored one day and just pop out a character in about 5 minutes for fun.))

Eh, Screw it. I will do it now

Name: Catrin "Vixen" Costanza

Ethnicity: Caucasian (British)

Class: Sniper

Support Skill: Camouflage.

Personality: Vixen is primarily a Loner, having gone off to live in the backwoods for most her adult life. She has a strong will and will do most anything to survive if necessary. She doesn't usually look to make friends, but she can get close to people at times. She won't ever abandon a friend unless she knows they are done for. ((so basically.....she would abandon somebody she doesn't like in a heartbeat to save herself. However if you are a good friend, she will at least try to help you out. But we are talking dire situations here.)) She will almost always give people her nickname Vixen, over her real name. She rarely even tells friends her actual name.

Backstory: At the age of 18 Vixen went off to make a life of her own. But not in any city or deskjob. No, Vixen was a survivalist. She went out into Wilderness, with only a Sturdy Long Rifle, and a revolver. She went out to test her resolve in all aspects and to live off the land and her own wits. She quickly learned, that to get a meal, it was best one not be seen at all, rather then sneaking up on prey. She would lie in wait for hours sometimes to get meals. She did anything to survive day to day. She would come back to the city every now and again, to get some news, or check up on old friends she hadn't talked to in a while. This is how she ended up hearing about the expedition force force headed into Eden. All Vixen could think about was trying to survive in a whole new place, one she didn't know like the back of her hand. Helping the people effected by the virus was only a sidenote to her as it wasn't what she cared about. In fact she normally wouldn't help, survival of the fittest and all, but she really wanted to get into Eden. She Joined up immediately.

Appearence: Electric Blue Hair, is typically wild and messy, she takes care of it, but it has no particular style. Left eye is Brown, while the right is a similar blue to her hair. However, she tends to wear a black face mask, with a black hood and rarely shows her face. She also wears a fitted black suit((not exactly sure how to describe. Hope you get an idea of what I mean.)), as it is a good basis for camouflage in all environments, rather than just one or 2. Carries an old beaten and worn Long Rifle. It is a rather old model, more for Hunting than a military model, however it is modified heavily, having a custom fitted scope. ((Military level scope, she modified the scope rack to accept it.)). She also carries a Six-Shot revolver that is also battered and worn.

Additional: Is almost always covered in something head to toe, though will take off her mask during down time or to eat. Can speak a little of all common languages, but isn't a master, knows just enough to get by, but couldn't hold a conversation.

I maybe making a character, hopefully nobody took Sniper yet, cause I want to make a rather mysterious Stranger type character. (( I am also waiting until the everything is all settled probably, unless I get bored one day and just pop out a character in about 5 minutes for fun.))

Eh, Screw it. I will do it now

Name: Catrin "Vixen" Costanza

Ethnicity: Caucasian (British)

Class: Sniper

Support Skill: Camouflage.

Personality: Vixen is primarily a Loner, having gone off to live in the backwoods for most her adult life. She has a strong will and will do most anything to survive if necessary. She doesn't usually look to make friends, but she can get close to people at times. She won't ever abandon a friend unless she knows they are done for. ((so basically.....she would abandon somebody she doesn't like in a heartbeat to save herself. However if you are a good friend, she will at least try to help you out. But we are talking dire situations here.)) She will almost always give people her nickname Vixen, over her real name. She rarely even tells friends her actual name.

Backstory: At the age of 18 Vixen went off to make a life of her own. But not in any city or deskjob. No, Vixen was a survivalist. She went out into Wilderness, with only a Sturdy Long Rifle, and a revolver. She went out to test her resolve in all aspects and to live off the land and her own wits. She quickly learned, that to get a meal, it was best one not be seen at all, rather then sneaking up on prey. She would lie in wait for hours sometimes to get meals. She did anything to survive day to day. She would come back to the city every now and again, to get some news, or check up on old friends she hadn't talked to in a while. This is how she ended up hearing about the expedition force force headed into Eden. All Vixen could think about was trying to survive in a whole new place, one she didn't know like the back of her hand. Helping the people effected by the virus was only a sidenote to her as it wasn't what she cared about. In fact she normally wouldn't help, survival of the fittest and all, but she really wanted to get into Eden. She Joined up immediately.

Appearence: Electric Blue Hair, is typically wild and messy, she takes care of it, but it has no particular style. Left eye is Brown, while the right is a similar blue to her hair. However, she tends to wear a black face mask, with a black hood and rarely shows her face. She also wears a fitted black suit((not exactly sure how to describe. Hope you get an idea of what I mean.)), as it is a good basis for camouflage in all environments, rather than just one or 2. Carries an old beaten and worn Long Rifle. It is a rather old model, more for Hunting than a military model, however it is modified heavily, having a custom fitted scope. ((Military level scope, she modified the scope rack to accept it.)). She also carries a Six-Shot revolver that is also battered and worn.

Additional: Is almost always covered in something head to toe, though will take off her mask during down time or to eat. Can speak a little of all common languages, but isn't a master, knows just enough to get by, but couldn't hold a conversation.

Name: Kenshin Amano

Ethnicity: Japanese-American

Class: Engineer

Support Skill: Drone Operator

Personality: Kenshin is a taciturn,an introvert, and calculating young man. he spends most of his time building/improving his inventions rather than interacting with humans. He prefers logical reasoning over rushing into things, Kenshin is overthinker you might say.

Backstory: Kenshin was the foster child of two brilliant engineers. He grew up as loner and spends most his time studying and share his parent's passion about machinery rather than playing like normal kids do. in result, Kenshin's knowledge about machinery grew exponentially as he becomes more and more attach to technology, as he becomes more cynical about people.

on his 13th birthday, he receives a gift from his parents, a hovering AI drone., which is shape like a ball. Kenshin modified this sphere through the years and added some special features and becomes his trusted companion. at the age of 18, he was intrigue about the events in Eden and decided to join in the ERC for the sake of exploration and in his pursue of knowledge.

although Kenshin may lack combat training, he compensates things by his superior engineering skills and his power of observation. well if doesn't convinced you,his customize attack drone and his high powered arc caster on his back will probably change your mind.

Appearance: 5'5 in height, squinty eyes due to his Japanese trait, slick black hair, pale skin, wears a formal attire mostly a suit and tie.

Additional: He doesn't like to be call short or peepsqueak, or he'll paralyze your ass with his customize Arc caster. He has a pet surveillance drone(an orb) that always orbit around his side. Serving as a scout and as an energy conduit, This drone can redirect lightning attacks and can absorb them as well, it can also amp his Arc caster's chain lightning attacks, create EMPs and can create electromagnetic shield as defense, this orb-like drone is consider as Kenshin's primary weapon and will attack at his command.

You are both accepted. I will update the OP later on.

If no other scouts come along, I was thinking I might switch Garen's role if that's all right, since there are two shock troopers already. It may require some slight adjustments to his backstory though, unless scouts can use some form of melee weapon (And it seems kind of weird for a nature guy to be operating drones, but.. meh. All for the sake of diversity.)

it's fine if you want the class to be changed to scout, just tell me.

And I see I should've put a limit on how many people per ethnicity... at this rate, the majority of the team is going to be of partial japanese heritage... though, all the japanese descendants within esperenza who still care about ancient nationality will probably be rejoicing about that... *Cue Ethnic tensions and racial superiority complexes beginning to develop...*

Yeah, no. not gonna happen in MY city. The Ethnic choice of Japanese is hereby closed; ergo, any signups posted after this post are not allowed to select it. go with something else (Would it really be so damn hard to get at least one black guy on the team?)

and It's about time I get the major characters typed up.

EDIT: Nevermind... I don't know know what the hell just happened, but my most recent count didn't reveal more than two or three Japanese characters... so never mind.

Still, is it so damn hard to get a black guy? Oh screw it, I'll take on that role with one of my own characters... now...where did I put Ethic? or maybe something like Erick would do better in this role...

It is weird enough that I am playing a human.....but I rarely pay attention to my character's ethnicity so I just picked something really general cause I don't actually care. ((Also, Vixen was a dude first draft [different nickname though, was Wolf originally.].....but ended up a chick somehow.....don't remember how exactly.))

Well, Big is not black but he's mixed - as most Brazilians.

And it would be interesting to consider that maybe some characters would probably already know each other - or at least have heard about them - since they work in the same departments.

I'll leave whether or not any of your PCs know one another already up to you.

Don't go pulling a brady bunch though; it's highly unlikely that everyone is already going to know everyone else on the team

Vixen probably wouldn't know anybody. Only likely one would be Flux's character as more of a childhood friend, but even that would be a stretch. ((and I mention Flux's in particular cause I feel they would get along, only reason. I don't think she would gravitate towards any of the others as friends really, or at least not right away.))

Wait. There's another scout? I had only checked the OP, but I forgot that there were some you hadn't yet added... I'm having a huge case of indecision right now. I feel like he should be a shock trooper since I had intended for him to prefer melee weapons and be muscular because of it, but I also feel like a scout makes better use of his nature side. But we already have a scout, and two seems like it might be redundant, especially since we picked the exact same skill. Then again, we already have a Shock Trooper, and two might get redundant again, though I had stealth while EXlink had Ambidextrous. Bleh. :wacko:

Edit:

@Hukuna

I was also thinking that it would make sense for Vixen to have known Garen at some point, since they both would spend a lot of time in the wild. I imagined it wouldn't be anything too close, though. Childhood friends for a short time like you said, or perhaps Garen may have just caught glimpses of her in the forests before she disappeared (Being a loner)? Though now that I realize Snap's character is a scout as well, it would make sense for Garen to know her a little bit too, if we went that route. They could actually both work.

Edited by Flux

Wait. There's another scout? I had only checked the OP, but I forgot that there were some you hadn't yet added... I'm having a huge case of indecision right now. I feel like he should be a shock trooper since I had intended for him to prefer melee weapons and be muscular because of it, but I also feel like a scout makes better use of his nature side. But we already have a scout, and two seems like it might be redundant, especially since we picked the exact same skill. Then again, we already have a Shock Trooper, and two might get redundant again, though I had stealth while EXlink had Ambidextrous. Bleh. :wacko:

Look man, I gotta be blunt here, so sorry, but please, just make up your mind about what Class you wanna play. I need an exact answer to keep it organized and to keep tabs once the IC starts.

If you really want something that'll retain some use/ contact with nature, then why don't you consider the Medic class?

After all, this is the description of the Primary skill for it:

• Field Medicine/ Medical Training- self explanatory for the most part. advanced medical & Anatomy knowledge as well as an impressive resourcefulness and knowledge of wild medicinal plants are the things that pretty much sum up this skill.

so...Garrens backstory could actually potentially fit in with this class more than it would've with Shock Trooper

Look man, I gotta be blunt here, so sorry, but please, just make up your mind about what Class you wanna play. I need an exact answer to keep it organized and to keep tabs once the IC starts.

If you really want something that'll retain some use/ contact with nature, then why don't you consider the Medic class?

After all, this is the description of the Primary skill for it:

• Field Medicine/ Medical Training- self explanatory for the most part. advanced medical & Anatomy knowledge as well as an impressive resourcefulness and knowledge of wild medicinal plants are the things that pretty much sum up this skill.

so...Garrens backstory could actually potentially fit in with this class more than it would've with Shock Trooper

Well, I was assuming if I didn't formally switch back before things started, you'd just assume I was a scout, but if you need a definitive answer, I think I'll stay a scout. While a medic would need an understanding of nature, I just can't see a man like Garen resigning himself to that position. Despite the lesser amount of combat, I think a scout will fit best with him. Sorry if I irritated you with that last post. :unsure:

And Snap, don't feel like you have to change because of me. If anything, I should be the one changing my character if that's what we decided to do. But, for now, we can be a scout team, I guess. ;)

this will rise, damn it. Time to man the helm like I mean it and get this puppy up off the ground.

Expect the accepted characters to be updated in the OP tommorow. And this thing will be complete by Firday of this week; I don't care what it takes, I'm getting it done before the next weekend rolls in.

I've been too damn lax with work for this. Time to prioritize it.