Sutoratosu

Thank god, finally over...

Chapter 2 will be up in a few days, or maybe even tommorow.

But first: Where are the following players? I have seen like no sign of them in this lately either OCC or IC.

Sarah Answell- Rosesong

Katsumi Erdos- Snap Crackle Pop (I know there's some situation involving being restricted from the web as punishment, but what's going on currently? is she still under lockdown?)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, well I guess it's gonna be a while til snap gets back from her predicament, so I've sent her a PM telling her that I'll be controlling her PC until she returns.

Chapter 2 will be starting soon, I guess...

It's up.

I decided not to edit in the part about how Ester guided Kenshin through overclocking his drone since it's really not important, and it basically does the same things it did before, is just a lot faster; There weren't very many resources available to use so they had to settle for a speed up option instead of added weaponry or the like.

• 2 weeks later...

Screw it, I'm just going to control Garren until flux shows up around here again. My patience for this is at this point not as much as it should be.

but before that, I want to take a tally of whose still in this and interested so that I can determine whether or not it's even worth trying to continue.

Is that the only one who's still interested in this? We can just stop here if you guys don't to continue... go ahead and be honest, won't really hurt my feelings at this point if you don't want to carry on.

Well, I honestly don't know what's happening anymore. I thought we were waiting on the beginning of a new chapter

It started over a week ago. And I announced it on here too...

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12025

^Chapter 2.

And the reason I ask to check for interest is because, not gonna lie to you guys, I'm honestly not too pleased with this thing anymore and wouldn't mind pulling the plug if you all didn't want to go any further. So I figured i would ask before even going to the trouble of taking control of Garren to move us on.

At current in the story, we're supposed to be assembling into two teams for the investigation of the complex... but we're waiting on flux to respond and since he hasn't been around for a while, I was going to do it myself...

EDIT: aaaaaand we got ninjas.

guess we'll keep going then... even though only 3 out of 9 players have actually said they want to. just so you guys know, because this has been something that's been ongoing and become a rather large source of frustration for me over several weeks; that's kinda a peeve of mine, I mean, I can understand if your busy with IRL stuff and miss some things that are said/ asked on here, I get that, I honestly do, you all have lives outside these forums and I respect that.

But after a while of asking questions of players and always getting a piss poor amount of answers at best out of people... It's been rather consistent, and it goes on IC as well. I try to give opportunities to freely interact with each other and the NPCs, to talk and get some character development opportunities to you guys, and it kinda feels like so far that effort really hasn't been worth it from the lukewarm amount of people actually taking advantage of it.

I can't help but feel like I'm talking to thin air sometimes. I mean, I acknowledge people and answer them whenever anyone asks questions of me, so... it kinda just gets to the point where it feels like I'm wasting my breath and shouldn't even bother...

Now, understand me loud and clear, I'm not trying to blame you guys or anyone here, maybe these feelings I'm having are unfounded and it's just in my head, I'm just trying to tell you all why I've gotten so frustrated and fed with this RP at this point that I'm honestly ready to quit if you all want to just end it. Again, not blaming anyone, not trying to ostracize or shame anyone, I'm just trying to tell you guys what;s going on in my head concerning this at this point so that you can actually know and perhaps understand the reason for my overall disdain at this point in time and why my attitude is so raw and negative about this compared to every other story I run.

So yeah, just figured I'd just put it out there. I'm sorry if I come off as a bit of a dick lately here, I truly am, that's not my intention here, but there is a reason for what I've said, and it's above. and again, maybe it's all in my head and I'm imagining it, but either way, founded or unfounded, it's affecting what I do and say and how I think about this...

So I'm going to ask again... should we bother going on? Do you all want to keep going with this? It;s supposed to be something or your own free will, and if you don't want to do this anymore, I certainly won't force any of you to. Go ahead and don't be afraid to be honest, a "no" at this point honestly can't hurt my feelings or my pride.

and I mean it this time. anyone who doesn't answer on here by a weeks time will get a direct PM from me asking the exact same question.

You see, Strat? your doing these RPs so well that even when someone gets beaten down a bit, they still like the RP that they got beaten down in! heck, you used Murphy's Law on me in Surge Story, and I still enjoyed the RP, despite the frustration my PC experienced! And me using a style of RP-ing that puts the RPer in the PC's Shoes!

Damnnn I'm sorry man. I'e been getting pulled away from the RP forums by real life these past few weeks. Everything slowed down to nearly a complete stop here for a while, so I eventually just stopped checking up on things. It isn't just this thread, I've been gone pretty much everywhere. Anyway, I truly am still interested in this. I'm making an effort to catch up on everything. So again, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hukuna has dropped the RP. I have no news on murdoc and currently have no means to contact him, but I'm going to assume he likely isn't coming back either

moving on to why I'm making this post at all though-

I've been thinking about this for a few days, and I've come to an interesting consideration...

AS it stands, as you all know, I pretty much have no love left for this plot- but despite this, I still like the OCs and the world and how it's built... and I don't want to abandon it... nor do I want to leave you guys hanging and going "wtf man?"

But if this goes on, it won't go well, I'll tell you each that now- when a writers heart just ain't in the story, it never goes good. So to prevent the greif and frustration which I know here and now will result if we try to force this dead horse to get back up...

I have a proposal for you all:

I hate this current plot, despise it. But this was merely the beginning part of a much bigger story- like the prolouge, you see... Though it is the Title's namesake, Eden was going to have very little prominent featuring in the overall RP. No, my friends... the true meat and potatoes of this tale was going to be the rebellion following the findings of Jace Bane and his team. The massive treason that would be set into motion, a revolution much like that of the American's oh so long ago.

This RP was supposed to take place in eden until chapter 5 or 6, then once the objective was acheived, the fireworks were to begin...

So this brings me to my proposal: What do you all say- Do you want to end this, pretend this never happened and call a complete mulligan for the whole thing? We can start from scratch, I can draft up a new RP with a whole new storyline set during the rebellion, which was going to be far more interesting anyway.

I'm willing to answer any questions you might have regarding this proposal; tell me what you want to do...

No, Exlink, I'm afraid you're missing my point entirely- this RP's ending either way at this point, Period. because I refuse to allow players to suffer the clusterfuck that will occur if I try writing anything more for this plot when my soul isn't putting forth full effort for it.

what I want to know here is your opinion on the proposal. I've only lost interest in... well, just this story, but the world itself, the characters, the technology... I still feel something for all of it, and so if you all want, I can use those to draft something new- perhaps something that will go a bit better. So if you guys want to wipe the slate clean here and start over anew, then I'll be more happy to do that.

Even if you don't want to though, it's your decision and that's fine as well, and this thing still dies. I just wanted to offer an alternative story and RP for you all to consider and play in rather than just flicking a match and walking away as it all goes up in flames.

I guess we could start over with a new plot, though would we be able to create new characters?

But of course, my good man. though if anyone wants to simply reusue their character from here, it would be as simple as more or less wiping certain parts of the back-story (IE motivation to go to Eden, etc.) and then just re-configuring them a bit to fit the new RP if nessacary

Not much to be honest. The only real thing that gets cropped is well... the events that would've taken place in eden under your PCs influence. The team would be replaced by other individuals who serve the same role under Jace, and you all would be more or less new faces into the fray of the rebellion.

so yeah, not much at all. some more things that are hidden about it will likely be revealed though.... like the fact that Eden is not the first of it's kind.

Hi. I'm not a player, so you'll forgive my butting in.

The writing of a plot is a complex ordeal. Specially when you plan ahead, you tend to suffer from anticipation. If you go too far in your storyline and things don't occur as they're meant to, you tend to get frustrated and it can ruin the experience of the game.

This said, your solution is a healthy one. My suggestion? Take it a step further and do a partial retcon. Since you like the OCs and the setting, why not skip ahead to the rebellion and write a short story detailing the events that occured, using the player characters created for this game? That way you're developing the backstory without detracting from anyone's experience from the narrative. Kill the game, but give it meaning. Make the time spent not have been in vain - After a while the world is as much the players' as it is the creator's, so that'd be only fair.

Better yet, that'd make your future history accessible. People could just be pointed in the direction of the story to understand what led to the RP, and you can take your time writing it while people come up with profiles and characters get created and approved.

At the end of the day, understanding when something has lived it's course is a smart choice, but rather salvaging what can be salvaged from the current storyline, taking the important bits of every character and creating a narrative that details what would have happened would make this not end in a sour note. It'd make people not worry about what would have been, and it'd make your story more accesible for newer players.

That's my two cents. Sorry for butting in!