Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

Mareek sighed as he glanced over to the rather loud battle challenge, wondering who the loud mouth he'd have to face would b-... Damn.

"Fine..." he sighed. He honestly didn't think a fight with Slade would be all that much of a challenge...nor did he honestly want to face the guy after the fiasco last night...no telling what might happen. But he couldn't find anyone else right now who wasn't already paired up, thus, this appeared to be his only option. Erce pared her scythes against one another in anticipation as Mareek turned around to face Slade fully.

"Guess I have no choice but to accept..." He said. "Though looks like we might have to wait for a while; I don't see any battle fields open at the moment." Erce glared fiercely at both Flare and 101, sizing the two up despite her obvious typing disadvantage against them...

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shun's eyes widened, and Shiro felt it. Shun was unnerved, like some cat that's been cornered.

"is that seriously all that would take for them to beat us..." Forcefully thrown back to reality from the illusion of victory, Shiro stood there, staring at blank as Voltage shot out his Thundershock attack, hitting Shun straight on. A blink of an eye was all it took for the shadows to retreat back into Shun's body, and it was like everything just broke when Shun let out his screech. The thump when his body struck the floor sounded... dreadful almost... Kiai reacted quickly, bashing Shun straight into the stomach with his leg, sending him flying like he did with Tal. Tal... Tal!

Tal was running towards the two opponents. She had gotten back to her feet! And she had gotten near the foes while they weren't paying attention!

"Tal, let's show them! Strike Kiai with Ice Shard, we'll deal with Voltage later." Shiro was yelling. 'We have to help Shun!'

Three sharp ice chunks materialized themselves from apparently nothing right above Shauntal's cone, and she shot them at the Riolu from almost point-blank range.

"Actually, I saved this field just for you." He said with a big smirk on his face. "So come on, don't keep we waiting!" Slade put both of his hands behind his head and waited for his roommate to, as scorpion would say it, get over here

Edited by EXLink32

"Alright," Mareek said. He was a little surprised that Slade might have the foresight to actually reserve a field... though he still didn't exactly look forward to battling the guy.

"so what are we gonna roll with?" he asked as he stepped onto the field of battle, Erce and Java following close behind; The former beginning to get a little fidgety with excitement. She was dying to take on these enemies and prove herself."You had better hurry up and answer, Erce doesn't usually get this excited, but when she does..."

Jacob quickly recalled Chalchi and scooped up Teo, running after Danielle. He stopped near her and dropped Teo to the ground. He landed adroitly on all fours as Jacob approached Danielle, Teo prepared to stand alongside her Pokemon. The teenager stood protectively in front of Danielle, looking at Phoebe with a confused gaze. He had seen the fight being broken up, but wanted to make sure Claude and Danielle were not going to be hurt. Once he realized that he backed down, a somewhat meeker expression on his face. He turned to the girl. "Sorry it took me so long to get over here. I had to figure out what to do with Chalchi. What'd I miss?"

Edited by Jory

"Kiai!" Just before Kiai could've turned around, he ended up shot by Tal's Ice Shard. It seemed like Kiai was out of energy, but he was to far away that Robert couldn't have returned him. "Voltage, aim your Thundershock straight at Tal! Full Charge!" With that, Voltage began rotating his arms in a energized fury! "Now Voltage, before he can counter, Attack!"

-

Kiai:~50%->0%

Voltage:85%->45%

Edited by TurboAura

"Yeah," Mareek said, stowing his hands into his pockets "What the hell's a 'Signal Battle', I've never heard of those before." He knew that Slade had probably meant to say "Single battle", but he was honestly a bit bored right now, even with this battle about to start; He was that unenthusiastic about the affair. So he figured, why_not screw with people's heads a little? nothing explicitly mean or anything, just something to occupy him...

Erce stepped in front of Mareek and took a fighting stance, glaring at the opposing side.

"There's your answer," Mareek said. "I'll even give you first shot." as he spoke, however, his eyes scanned the other boy's pokemon, deducing their types and weaknesses and strengthes. it just a few seconds, he had come up with a basic Idea of how he would need to have Erce fight against them in order to come out on top... this could get a little tough though... looks like it really would be interesting.

"OK TX-101 ζ your up, give it your best shot and don't hold back!" Slade said with a over dramatic fist pump. TX was not amused though as slowly went to the field as slow as he could. "O.....K..... well moving on use lock on on his Scyther!" He locked on in no time at all since she wasn't moving "Now use thunder wave!" He shot a thunder wave straight at Erce at super fast speed.

Whoops, forgot to put my mons' hp from the earlier post. Imma do it now

Shun, Ralts(100 -> 0%hp)

-moves used: Shadow Sneak

Tal, Snorunt(54%hp)

-moves used: Ice Shard

Tal was hit straight on by a Thundershock. She wobbled a bit before finally falling down.

Tal, Snorunt(54 -> 0%hp)

-moves used: none

It was over. His first battle was a loss...

Shiro couldn't help himself. As much as he was reluctant to battle at first, he actually enjoyed it. Well, most of it. The point is he was genuinely dissapointed when Shauntal's face hit the floor. But he was also really worried... As soon the 5 battle points had been taken away from his account, Shiro ran over to Shun and Tal. "You guys were awesome back there." He whispered to them, with tears in his eyes. Not as much from worry than from the dissapointment. Both of them were still concious though, even after all the beating they had taken.

"Well... it was a fine battle, I suppose..." Shiro tried to put on a smile, but it could clearly be seen that it was fake. For whatever reason, he was feeling angry at Robert, and didn't really want to be in his company right now. But still, he pretended it was all fine.

Shiro returned Tal to her Poke ball. She was too weak to walk right now, and they had to reach the medical station.

Edited by Bfroger6

“I’ll make you pay… laughing with people that can’t walk anymore…” Evan mumbled to Alvin.

"I guess that struck a nerve? Wait... That happened this morning too, didn't it?" Danielle thought to herself. She was about to ask Evan what happened when Alvin, in his haste to break away, collided into her, sending her straight to the ground in surprise.

“Can’t you watch where you’re going, brute?” Alvin asked Danielle none too politely.

Before she had any time to make a smart comment, Evan, once again, grabbed him by the collar when a burst of hot water shot right past her. Danielle quickly got back up and found Evan lying on the ground. Her Pokemon, meanwhile, scrambled to her side, they sat on each shoulder.

“Hot water for a hothead,” Phoebe said patting her pink Jellicent. “Oh and you both have detention for fighting. Anyone else involved?”

"..." Danielle remain speechless as Jacob came over and asked her what went down. She brushed herself off of the dust and dirt before replying. Avis was pecking out the grass bits from her hair while Corona crawled into her master's arms, evidently shaken by the events that just unfolded. Danielle brought the little Larvesta close to her chest. "That," she gestured towards Evan and Alvin with a nod, "is what happened."

Since the battle was finished, Robert headed over and went to his Pokes, with Kiai being whipped out and Voltage being ok. Luckily, Kiai was still conscious even though he couldn't battle anymore, so he decided to return Kiai for now and let him rest. After which, he headed over to Shiro with Voltage in tow. "Well dude, guess I won. Either way, it was a great battle, and I'll gladly admit that it could've gone in your favor just as easily." With that, Robert put his hand out for a sportsman-esque handshake, since he knew personally no one ever liked losing.

Erce began to snarl as the wave of electricity passed over her, noticeably making her a little stiffer. Mareek looked back and forth between her and Slade.

"I have to admit," he began. "I'm impressed you know how to use a Status combo like that... Looks like I might have misjudged you a little." Something about his Eyes and voice changed as he spoke... something that couldn't be quite placed. he straightened up a little, taking his hands out of his jacket pockers and looking far more serious now.

"I'm not going to play around then!" he said with utter confidence. "Erce, unleash the Zephyr Beat!" Erce, seeming to perfectly understand what Mareek was ordering, obeyed without question, her body becoming outlined with a bright blue glow as she quickly disappered and reappeared multiple times all around 101, never for more than a half a second or two at a time, then stopping right behind the Magnemite for am unexpected moment and spinning around in place with her scythes outstretched, generating a horizontal tornado that shot off towards the other pokemon, which had it's back turned to her incoming assault...

=============

Erce

HP: 100%

-Paralyzed

-speed +2 from agility (If we're doing stat boost)

Moves used:

-Agility (Used to relocate behind Magnemite)

-Vacuum wave (Current base power of 60 due to boost from Technician)

Jacob looked concernedly over toward Evan and Alvin, who appeared to want to rip each other's throats out. The young man sighed and shook his head before turning to Danielle. "It's only the second day. What could have happened to make two people at odds so quickly?" he asked her, more interested in her answer than in the fight between two people who he hardly knew. Then again, now would be a good time to get to know their names. "And who are they?"

That could've ended better. Still, not bad for a first battle. Henry watched Shiro run off shortly followed by Robert. It's my turn, but I have this odd feeling inside of me. Fear. I haven't felt this in a long time. Looks like I'll have to rely on that old trick I did to train Zuko. I'm glad I brought these.

Henry pulled out two small earplugs and placed one in his left ear. "I know this may look strange, but I used to use these to calm my nerves. It's very hard to explain but it just kind of works for me. Let me know when you're ready before I put the other one in." Gypsy and Zuko jumped in on the field and Henry set his Pokedex up to set it to 20 BP. "Ready when you are."

Kenny set up his Pokedex at 20 BP, and Ryu and Zorro jumped onto the field. Kenny then Initiated the Battle.

"Let us begin."

Kenny then spoke to his Pokemon.

"Ryu, Zorro, let's give it all we've got! Ryu, you take on the Venonat! Zorro, you take on Zuko!"

Ryu then sped towards Gypsy, a white trail forming behind him, and prepared to ram into her with quite a bit of force. meanwhile, Zorro headed over to Zuko.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVES USED:

Ryu (100% HP left) : Quick Attack

Zorro (100% HP left) : No Move (Yet!)

Henry put the other earplug in and watched as his opponent spoke some words that he could not hear. Right when the battle began, the weather outside became much hotter as the sun glowed much brighter now. He saw the Riolu charge at his pokemon while the other stood back. "Gypsy, stall then use formation Epsilon." The nonsense Henry spoke seemed to make sense to his pokemon. The Riolu began to charge until it suddenly stopped and was unable to move. The Venonat seemed to letting off a pinkish aura to hold. Zuko quickly ran over to the Venonat who then bit his tail. Zuko flung the Venonat forward and began to bite down on the Riolu. Despite the move being bug, it seemed to damage the pokemon as a normal attack.

The duo wasn't finished yet though. Zuko quickly ran over to the Venonat and let it bite its tail again. He flung the Venonat forward and bit down on the Zorua's back holding on with a nice firm grip. Zuko then turned to the Riolu giving it what had to be the cutest and most innocent face in the world as if he was begging for mercy.

I only taught it to her once and she somehow pulled it off. I didn't expect her to do so well in the first battle. Still, I'm not sure if I can win this. I doubt a trick like that will work twice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zuko (90% HP): Tail Whip, Baby-doll Eyes

Gypsy (95% HP): Confusion, Bug Bite

Notes: Zuko recieved a tiny amount of damage from Bug Bite, and Gypsy recieved some damage from impacting both pokemon at a very fast pace.

Also, Henry calls it Epsilon because Zuko's swing movements look very similar to the letter...I know, I'm nerdy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by commander218

"I'm not too sure myself, Jacob." Danielle shrugged. "Well, Evan is the one that just got Scalded by the Professor. I met him yesterday and he was explaining to me about the battle system and such. And the other boy with the brown hair is Alvin. He is obsessed with bugs, cannot take jokes, and he is a homophobe." At the last part, Corona gave Danielle a confused look, prompting Danielle to giggle with embarrassment. She forgot that Corona and Jacob didn't know about the relationship she has with Alvin. "Oh, the last part is a joke. I really don't know if he is one, but he didn't react too well when I asked if he was gay~" she told Corona and Jacob.

Danielle walked over to Evan's side and kneeled down, careful to avoid crushing the Larvesta that is now snuggling comfortably in her arms. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked, concerned for his safety. A Scald does have a chance of burning the target, as far as she knows. And, this time, Avis can't really fly over to her dorm quick enough to mitigate the harshest effects of a burn.

Kenny saw this, and smiled.

"Zorro, Ryu, teach Zuko and Gypsy a Lesson that they'll never forget. Use Attack Pattern Umbra-Illusius-Contra."

Zorro fired off a Dark Ball at Zuko, and then put up an Illusion that made the Battlefield seem to change in height in various places, like a stormy sea. As this was being done, Ryu glowed Orange, seeming to bounce the Damage back with twice the force at Gypsy, still taking the Damage as he did so.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVES USED:

Zorro (15% HP left) : Dark Pulse

Ryu (80% HP left) : Counter

Edited by K_H

"101 use lock on on Erce and ride the vacuum wave!" 101 was able to lock on to Erce and then spun around in the vacuum. "Now, get out and use spark on Erce!" The vacuum glowed yellow then it suddenly lost color and a yellow ball zoomed right into Erce, and with the extra force from the vacuum it should do a little more damage. Then a harsh sunlight pelted Slade, though he didn't really mind the heat and this could work out to his advantage.

TX-101 Zeta 80%

Moves used

Lock-on

Spark 65 +10 with the force of the vacuum wave

Edited by EXLink32

The Scald took Colin by surprise. He surely didn't see that coming. The detention, not so much. He rushed towards Evan to offer him a hand but Danielle got there first* , so he just stood there with a concerned look.

"For the love of Kyogre, it was not for a lack of warning!.. Are you two all right?" He directed the question to both of them because, honestly, Alvin had his fair share of violence as well. Lucky for them she's not a fire trainer or something... Then he went ahead and tried to talk to Phoebe.

"Sorry professor Phoebe, they kind of started with the wrong foot you see... I'm sure all they need is a little time to cool off their heads and everything will be resolved... And by the way, that Jellicent is sooo cool! "

Colin simply couldn't hold that last comment, and obviously regretted making it just a moment after, but now he had more urgent matters to take care of: trying to save those guy's asses, and hoping his own wouldn't be in the line of fire after that intermission.

*((One more to Ymora's Ninja Squad! XD ))

"Come on, man, Tail Whip? Ever read up on the Metagross line?" Kage half questioned, half taunted his friend. The Beldum seemed completely unfazed by the attack; its hard body was entirely unaffected by the buffeting. "Let's get this started for real. Hit it hard now that it's close!" Kage called out. The Beldum rotated in midair and suddenly accelerated, flying through the air with a large amount of force directly into the path of the attacking Shinx.

Feroces was launched back a few feet. He got up though, unyielding energy rushing through his veins. As if nothing had happened at all, Feroces charged at al'Thor at mediocre speed. "Now, Feroces, show him why you're the better one. Fire fang!" Before Ryan even stated the name of the move, Feroces bared his fangs as flames licked his canines. He pounced on al'Thor, sinking his teeth into al'Thor, letting the flames burn away at Beldum.

Feroces: 64% health

Moves Used: Fire Fang