A pokemon that carries your team through battles

ViperDoesIt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I- Noel's Cinccino out speed my Blaziken, did more than halve HP damage and flinch him? SB activates, out speed Cinccino OHKO

- Arceus out speed my Blaziken and left it with only 4 HP? SB activates, goes first this time, finish off Arceus the rest of it's HP

- Blaziken Solo Fern on Route 1

- Blaziken Solo Samson

- Charlotte Typhlosion out speed everything, Blaziken puts 1 Swords Dance and survives with less than halve HP. SB activates, out speed everything, OHKO Typhlosion, the rest was history

- Against the Doctor double team.....Even paralyze, Blaziken out speed everything....

the list goes on........

Damn , blaziken putting in work I see .

Eruption Typhlosion was pretty handy for me. Used a Heart Scale and he sweeps entire teams. Only drawback is the low PP. Swept all of noel's team, sun, burning field flash fire eruption. TOO STRONG.

Also paraflinching dunsparce, Solaris' Garchomp had no hope. :lol:

I used to think Kriketune was kind of a lame Pokemon.

After playing Reborn, I think Kriketune is an absolute beast.

Early game, Kriketune was my star player. Sing + Fury Cutter setup is such a beautiful thing when it works. If you take a hit, Swarm just makes your next Cutter hit even harder.

But then Shelly happened. Speed Boost Yanmega with Ancientpower made me sad. So what did I do? I got myself a Sturdy Graveler. Rock Blasted the crap out of Yanmega and co. Then I met Shade and his filthy Chandelure. I got myself a Link Stone and Sturdy Golem made short work of him.

And as for Noel, well. Let's just say Golem with Quick Claw and Explosion is...unexpected. And when you have a surplus of Cotton Candy, you have a shortage of difficulty, which is a great thing.

That lv. 80 Ditto? After taking an Explosion or 3, it was done. Earthquake helped make short work of Aya and Charlotte, too. Golem is definitely my ace-in-the-hole.

Infernape (or its pre-evolved forms) used to carry my team during early game: he managed to solo Julia, take out most of Florinia and Serra's mons, sweep Zel and Taka every single time and much more.

Though, as soon as I bred my Espeon and Umbreon, he hasn't shined as much. Umbreon can take hits from everything and Espeon usually cleans up, once the rest of the team has done enough damage.

Waiting to see how Absol and Bisharp perform on E14, here's how they look like:

Chaos (Absol) (M) @ Scope Lens

Ability: Super Luck

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Jolly Nature

- Sucker Punch

- Night Slash

- Play Rough

- Swords Dance

Checkmate (Bisharp) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Defiant

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Adamant Nature

- Sucker Punch

- Night Slash

- Iron Head

- Swords Dance

Edited by MMM

For the early game, without a doubt the incredibly underrated Vespiquen. Once it had evolved it took down 5 of Florinia's pokemon without dropping below half health, took a chatter from Taka's Chatot, and killed it in return with a power gem, removed Corey's field effect and removed 2 or 3 of his pokemon along with it, went blow for blow with Shelly's Yanmega and came out on top, and then toxic stalled around 4 of Shade's pokemon 'til they dropped (including his Chandelure) without the use of any items.

For the late game, it should come as no surprise to any of you that it's Heracross. My team isn't really the greatest around, and moxie Heracross ends up carrying the team pretty badly. He put in very notable performances against Luna (where he 6-0'd her team) and Samson, using the big top and all of his attack boosts to send close combat through the roof.

I really do like using my entire team, so I can't really say any one Pokemon has stolen the spotlight.

Although Mamoswine was making a name for itself in my latest playthrough, and as I can recall, Gardevoir has saved me a few times...

...Why is Gyarados in the tags? With Moxie and Dragon Dance it's going to carry anyone to victory.

I tend to be a shallow trainer, and because of this I had never even considered Scrafty until Reborn because I thought its design was ridiculous, but if it wasn't for my Scrafty I'd still be stuck with Noel and that GOD DAMN CINCINNO.

Now I think Scraggy and Scrafty are absolutely adorable.

On my mono fire run (just beat Shade) Numel/Camerupt has been essential in every single major battle so far, either KO'ing the opponent's ace or at least 3 pokes. If Numel wasn't available early on I probably would've had a way harder time.

Also speed boost Blaziken in my first run because he's in ubers for a reason. Gets better and better in the late game, solo'ing Samson and taking down 4 of Charlotte's pokes as an example.

Honestly I can't really name a pokemon n my team that just carries the team, everyone generally does there fair share in a fight.

On my bug mono though crustle has put in a lot of work I have to say

413-g.png

I'm not even kidding the thing has been handy my entire playthrough, it destroys florina's cradily each bug bite did like 40 percent and it just laughed a t smack down, it took on Corey's crobat with rock blast, it was the only pokemon to take rock moves from Shelly's dwebble and faint it, it lowered Aya's muk and tentacool which was crucial for butterfree and vivilion's sweep and now it just smashes stuff with fissure it's overall been a solid pokemon through my playthrough which surprised me because honestly I was planning n ditching it once i got crustle.

Honestly, I started with Greninja and there are actually several Pokemon that I've had all along who have pretty much carried my team. Grenjina, obivously, although I have never chosen a water starter before. Along side her were some of my first and best Pokes in the game. Manectric, with tw, lightning rod amd chrage beam will simply go in am wreck any type (except for ground obviously). A surprising one that no one else has mentioned, and it might just be me starting in Episode 12, but Pyroar. That thing is power. I started the game before I played XY and all I knew was it was s lion and it was a fire type, which I needed since I refused to use a Pansear (Pansear and his kin have let me down many a time). And let me tell you, dang, Pyroar is a godsend. I already had a physic type so it was way better for me than an Abra would have been. That normal/fire typing is actually quite spectacular. I used this guy to sweep Florina, Shade, even Kiki, none could stand before the lioness's wrath. I'll tell you right now, if I had not gotten a Pyroar, I would likely still be stuck on Shade. That normal/fire typing allowed him to nobel roar chandelure and then work up himself to set up a sweep. Pyroar, Braveheart, you are the MVP of my entire team.