my first competitive team

Y2J_2k

Hello everyone this is my first attempt at competitive team...I have been watching many youtube videos of battles and I decided to go with something different from what I have seen..so many people use the same pokemon and it becomes predictable and boring so I went a little different route..if you can rate the team it would be great..willing to sub anyone except for mega-tyranitar..I feel like he is such a strong mega pokemon and he looks pretty cool when he mega evolves.

Mega-Tyranitar

Item: Tyranitarite

Ability: Sand Stream

Nature: Jolly

252 atk / 252 speed / 4 spa

Moves

Dark Pulse

Stone Edge

Dragon Dance

Earthquake

Obviously this is the star of the team...one dragon dance and his attack power will rise to destroy almost anything in his path...when on double battles earthquake is such a life saver and I'm a fan of because of its ability to hit both opponents...basically saves me a turn...stone-edge for obviously being a STAB attack...I think this is his strongest move and with dragon dance this move is deadly...I picked dark pulse as its 4rd move because he needed to have a dark attack instead of just rock and ground moves..I lke having different types of attacks instead of all being just rock or ground moves...of course I also like the small possibility of the opponent flinching.

Lapras

Item: Shell Bell

Ability: Water Absorb

Nature: Modest

252 SPA / 252HP /4 ATK

Moves

Frost Breath

Surf

Thunderbolt

Freeze-Dry

I felt that I needed to have a water pokemon on my team to cover some of my weaknesses. I like the ability of water absorb because I dont think anyone would expect Lapras to have that ability and can come in handy when popular pokemon like politoad tries his water moves...I picked frost Breath for its STAB move..and the whole this attack always resulting in a critital hit was too good to pass up...Surf because like I said before I always thought moves that hit all pokemon can definitely come in handy..I picked thunderbolt in case my opponent does come out with its water pokemon..so at least I have that covered....Freeze-Dry another STAB move when my opponent busts out their water type..definitely has helped me...

Gardevoir

Item: Leftovers

Ability: Trace

Nature: Quiet

252 SPA / 252 HP / 4 SPD

Moves

Psyshock

Will-o-Wisp

Shadow Ball

Moonblast

I had picked psyshock for its STAB move to covery any pesky fairy, ghost, or dark pokemon that my opponent busts out. Will-O-Wish was a move it took me a while to decide on but just the fact that in case psyshock doesn't finish him off then this move might just do enough to finish it off...Shadow Ball definitely is in case someone wants to run with a Gengar...of course possibility of lowering its Special defense is a bonus...Moonblast, again, STAB move...I always use Gardevoir just to be a great sidekick for my mega...together I can almost fight of any pokemon. I have considered maybe replacing will-o-wisp with protect when I want my mega to run with earthquake but not too sure yet.

Aegislash

Item: Weakness Policy

Ability: Stance Change

Nature: quiet

252 HP / 252 SDEF / 4 DEF

Wide Guard

King's Shield

Flash Cannon

Shadow Ball

I definitely use this pokemon to stall while I set up my mega with dragon dance...his purpose is to take the hits and keep ticking..of course I use weakness policy in case my opponent has something that can end my aegislash before I set up my mega...which is why I have wide guard and kings shield...I always love using this pokemon because of hits strong defense and ability to take hits and keep ticking...of course I had to get flash cannon for its STAB move and shadow ball when Im ready to fight back....but as you can see both flash cannon and shadow ball have that chance of lowering my opponent sp defense which would then be easy picking for my Mega.

Emolga

Item: Light Ball

Ability: Motor Drive

Nature: Hasty

252 Speed / 252 HP / 4 DEF

Substitute

Discharge

Volt Switch

Encore

I honestly love this pokemon and one of my favorite...I primarily use him to surprise my opponent and disrupt him which is why I use Encore...after watching Pachirisu kick butt with the world champ I thought then why cant Emolga be my version of Pachirisu except better because he floats in the air lol...I had picked substitute to stall for my mega..discharge...like I said many times before..Im a fan of moves that hit multiple opponents at the same time...Volt switch for back up in case someone is about to knock out my Emolga...I want to use him to its full potential.I had thought of maybe using Baton Pass but I couldnt think of a good way to use it since I have never run with Baton Pass before...but I would love to keep him on my team..

Smeargle

Item: Sitrus Berry

Ability: Own Tempo

Nature: Timid

252 Speed / 252 HP/ 4 DEF

Stealth Rock

Dark Void

Magic Coat

Sticky Web

Obviously, this is my set up pokemon...Im not sure if dark void is banned..Im pretty sure it is but I dont know 100%..the way I use him is dark void to put them to sleep, stealth rock, then sticky web...after that he pretty much is my sacrifice to my opponent...I run with magic coat just for a bit more defense...I picked 252 speed and 252 hp just so I can set up before my opponent knocks him out...he has no attack moves for the simple reason is he is a weak attack pokemon but I definitely picked up because of his ability to learn any moves so that comes in handy.

Well there is my team..yeah Im sure its not the best but it is my first attempt at building a competitive team...I would love any suggestions you guys and girls may have since Im sure you are definitely better at competitive battling than me..I definitely take it serious and I'm very competitive so I want to have this team be the best it can be and stand up against the big boys at tournaments...I'm willing to sub any pokemon except for mega-tyranitar, and would be nice if I can keep Emolga since he is so damn adorable..yes I did say that.

Well, just passing by right now, but two questions:

1- Why Dark Pulse over Crunch On Ttar? Crunch is boosted by DD too, so it probably would be a best option for a STAB Dark move.

2- Wouldn´t it be better to have Ice Beam on Lapras instead of Frost Breath? If I´m not mistaken, crits got nerfed to... X1.6 or something this gen, so it might not be as powerfull as you think.

Later I´ll come back and take a better look at the team.

Edit:

-Psyshock is actually super effective on Gengar, but unless you hit it on the switch it will probably KO Gardevoir first (didn´t run damage calc, so I might be wrong.)

-Aside from Ttar, Blissey and Chansey would stop your team cold, since you lack physical attackers. Having Iron Head or Sacred Sword on Aegislash over Flash cannon would help that, as well as Psyshock on Gardevoir.

Edited by Notus

-as Notus said, Crunch > Dark Pulse. If this is a doubles team, drop Dragon Dance because setup is not very good in that meta.

-Lapras's set is terrible, no two ways about it. Lapras is a defensive 'mon and you have redundant coverage on it. Shell Bell is unreliable; Leftovers is far superior. Drop Freeze Dry because you already have Thunderbolt.

-Smeargle should use a Focus Sash because it will die to pretty much every non-Ghost attack in one shot. Spore is better than Dark Void because it has 10% greater accuracy. Knock Off, U-Turn, and other supportive attacks are options that prevent you from getting Taunted and being useless.

-Emolga seems pretty good, but if you could squeeze some recovery in there it would be good. I'm not sure if this is a singles or doubles team tbh.

-Gardevoir looks alright

will come back later, possibly

is this a doubles team, if so then I suggest a scarf on gardevoir, because it lets you check dragons like garchomp. Also if this is doubles, you need protect on more mons, it is very useful in doubles for predicting and negating damage.

I think it would be better to give Gardevoir mega instead of Tyranitar. Tyranitar does well enough without one (i usually run Assault Vest on it, though that would mean you need to scrap Dragon Dance for something else) but Gardevoir might need the extra power it brings.