[OOC] Fate/Full Moon

Bfroger6

The world of magi is taken by surprise as Command Spells reminiscent of the Fuyuki Grail war appeared on a wrist of a 12 year old girl, 12 years after the end of the 5th Holy Grail war and the apparent destruction of it. The girl, coded as "patient 0" was immediately retrieved by the Mage's Association in order to undergo tests to prove the credibility of the Spells. The operation was led by Rin Tohsaka and her team comprised of 5 top rank magi (you can be one of those if you want to, but be reasonable with the age, and by that I mean don't make your pc too old or too young).

After the MA had determined that the Command Spells were indeed genuine, they decided the best course of action would be to begin making preparations straight away. In case something went terribly wrong, they had to be the ones to win the Grail so they could insure the safety and secrecy of the world of magi, as something wrong was clearly going on. And so they began tracking and gathering Masters. In the end, 4 Masters were in their possession, riled up and combat ready, geared up with Mystic Codes and powerful catalysts to help ensure their triumph as well as lots of funds donated by the MA. On 3rd of June, 2030, they set out for Fuyuki, along with a new moderator appointed by the Holy Church, who was sent to stand by during the war in the Kotomine church. The name of the priest was Father Aaron, a young and clumsy lad from England. He was an ideal puppet for the Church because of his naivete and blind loyalty.

However, during the flight, a certain magus did the unthinkable. Using a particular catalyst (obtained outside of MA), she managed to summon her Servant while on the plane and escape along with her newfound partner, causing the destruction of the plane. The others survived with the help of the Association, but the damage had been done. The girl was no other than "patient 0", Maria Lockeheart.

Now, on June 13th, all of the Masters are making final preparations for the war, including the summonings of their Servants.

However still, nobody knows how or why a new Holy Grail war is about to begin, but everybody is blazing with dtermination to win for their own sake.

And now, before we begin, there are three more problems need to be adressed.

#1 The Applications

Name:
Personality:
Nationality:
A trifle of trivia:
Elemental Affinity (one or two elements tops!) and preffered Magecraft:
Command Seal (design and location);
MA (is or isn't working for the MA):

Example ~
Name: Maria Lockeheart
Appearance: 164cm tall, weighs 53kg. Rather slim. Bright blonde hair released of any binds which reaches below her shoulders, with long bangs falling across her forehead and above her right eye. Her eyes are sharp, percptive and ghastly grey. Usually wears a grey shirt (something like Irisviel's and Illya's clothes), along with a tie and simple jeans. Since it's summer, she tends to wear her sleeveless green shirt with a diamond-patterned deep green tie along with blue shorts. Her grey socks with rectangular patterns reach up to her knees and she wears black trainers on her feet.
Personality: Intelligent yet emphatetic and sometimes cruel. She never got a chance to bond with anyone in her life as she was picked up by the MA when her Seals appeared and she never really had any friends over there. She grew to resent the MA for what they did to her which ultimately drove her to try and murder all of her colleagues during their flight to Fuyuki. But, even with all those obstacles, she never forgot to regain her humanity. Maria was very sociable and joyful as a kid and she can still act as a normal girl, she just never gets a chance to do that anymore... Until now, that is.
Nationality: English
A trifle of trivia: She has some issues due to the her excessive use of Magic Circuits during the MA training. Also, she likes to eat flakes for breakfast.
Elemental Affinity and preffered Magecraft: Wind affinity and Runes.
Command Seal: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/301/d/a/command_seals_by_ninjacyndaquil-d84grpq.png
MA: No

#2 Information

I'll just post what Sheep posted over at the Interest Check thread, in case somebody missed that or doesn't understand something.

Well... I offered, you guys said you wanted it, and now I'm here to deliver. Be warned though, it's a lot to read, and a lot to take in at once.

Sheep's guide to the magic system of the Fate series.

A few things to clarify before we start:
Magic is different to magecraft. Another name for magecraft is thaumaturgy, and I will be calling it that for the rest of this description so as to not confuse anyone.
Magi (singular magus, possessive magi's? Magus'? I dunno, which sounds better?) are practitioners of thaumaturgy.
Magicians are practitioners of magic.

Prana, Mana, and Od:

Prana is what most fantasy settings would call mana. Prana is divided up into two groups. The first is mana, and originates from the magus' surroundings and environment. It is essentially the prana of the world. Od is the prana that originates inside the magus. It is produced by magic circuits (I'll explain that one below) and is a much smaller source than mana. As a general trend a magus will initiate their spell using od, and then source most of the prana required from mana. When thinking about a the od reserves of a magus, consider the magus to be like a rechargeable battery. They have a maximum storage capacity for od, and only when some is used do the magic circuits begin to make more. The Tohsaka family use a technique which allows them to store od from their bodies in
gems. They can then use this od later for an easy source of prana in casting large spells but keep in mind that they have very limited amounts as the gems are expensive, and take a long time to fill. It is a very specialized technique that I wouldn't expect to find outside of the Tohsaka family.

Magic Circuits:

Magic circuits are analogous to a spiritual nervous system. Every magus has them, and they are what lets a magus handle prana. They are not physical like the human nervous system, and are instead housed in the soul of the magus. In order to use the od accumulated inside a magus'body to initiate a spell the first step is to activate their magic circuits. Activating magic circuits requires a thought trigger of some kind but it isn't as obvious as "I want to activate my magic circuits." Instead it is instinctual and varies from magus to magus. Examples are images of the hammer of a gun firing, or the magus' heart being stabbed by a knife. Full licence to get creative with your own trigger if you're into that sort of detail. Activating magic circuits is not a pleasant sensation either, due to magic circuits by nature being foreign to the body. I can't remember who it was but someone likened it to a hot metal rod sliding into place where their spine is. A magus has both a definite number and quality of magic circuits and all of the combinations of the two that you can imagine are possible. Both a high number and a high quality contribute to a magus' overall ability to handle prana, and it is this combination that determines how well they can provide prana to their servant. I think all people are born with at least one magic circuit (though that's not really important) but most don't have many, families of magi have been able to boost their count through specific breeding plans with other magus families over numerous generations. This is the first reason that magi from long lineages are considered superior to those with shorter lineages.

Magic Crests:

Every family of magi has a magic crest. Empirically the magic crest is a highly concentrated form of magic circuits given physical form. It manifests itself as a circular pattern (unique to each family) somewhere on the body of the magus, and there is only one per family. The role of the magic crest is to act as a library of known spells for the mage of the family, and each successive magus adds a portion of their own magic circuits to it, complete with the spells learned across their lifetime, before they pass it on to the next generation. Activation (I would imagine) is similar to activating one's own magic circuits, though potentially without the pain (as this is located on your physical body). The magic crest is the other main reason it is advantageous to be descended from a long line of magi. The Matou family use a different variant on the magic crest, called crest worms, but I won't go into that unless someone actually wants to be from the Matou family.

Thaumaturgy:

This is what you as masters will be using. It covers just about anything you can imagine, from throwing fireballs to healing your servant. The definition of thaumaturgy is using prana to create an instance of and accelerate the rate of something achievable by modern science. For instance, hospital staff have the ability to treat and eventually heal wounds, thaumaturgy just gets it done quicker at the cost of prana. To use thaumaturgy it can require a specific chant. The chant is a form of self induced hypnosis designed to put the magus in a state in which they can control their magic circuits easily, though the particular chant seems to be spell specific in nature, and some of the simpler magic doesn't require it. The only limits on the spells a magus can cast are the physical limitations of their magic circuits (how much prana they can handle) and the types of thaumaturgy contained within their magic crest or obtained during their lifetime. It is likely that a specific family will focus their attention across multiple generations on mastering a single focus of thaumaturgy, so keep that in mind when creating characters.

Bounded Fields:

Bounded fields are a specialized area of effect type of thaumaturgy. The effects differ from field to field, but can include mass sleep inducing, hiding an area from outside sight, or in the most powerful cases (generally noble phantasm specific) killing the people inside. I'm just bringing these to your attention so you know they are possible.

Magic:

Magic is something very different to thaumaturgy. It's not all that important that you understand magic, as none of us will likely be using it, but for the sake of completion I'll include it here anyway. Magic is like very powerful thaumaturgy. I'm not entirely sure whether it requires prana, or activation of the magic circuits to use, as the amount of prana required to do this sort of thing would be astronomical. What magic boils down to is the creation of miracles that modern day science cannot perform. An example would be time travel. There are only 5 known magics in the world today, corresponding with 5 magicians, one for each magic. The most important one for the fate story is the 3rd magic, otherwise known as Heaven's Feel, and it is the crystallization of the soul into a physical form. This is important to the fate story because inside the holy grail there is the physical soul of the person who summoned it (the same person who originally founded the 3rd magic). The grail itself makes use of an incomplete form of the 3rd magic to construct the servants.

Summoning and maintaining a Servant:

Summoning a servant follows a number of steps and rules. It is at its core the same ritual used to summon any familiar, but on a much grander scale. You draw the magic circle on the ground (you can use blood, or mercury, maybe other suitably cool liquids as well), then you begin the chant as you activate your magic circuits and provide the prana. If looking to summon a particular servant then a catalyst (something linked to their story)will be required. The prana you need to put forward yourself is minimal, as the grail does most of the work of summoning the servant for you. If an ordinary magus tried to summon a servant without the grail, the amount of prana required would likely kill them. Once the summoning is complete it is the responsibility of the master to continue to provide the servant with the prana required to remain manifested. Therefore a master needs to balance their prana output between the needs of their servant, and their own needs when casting thaurmataugy.Servants have their own magic circuits and the ability to handle prana, so they are capable of utilising their own activated noble phantasms independently, though it is a good idea to increase the prana flow to your servant after a combat scenario so that it can recover more quickly. If you, your servant, or both are of an immoral character there is a particularly easy way of gaining prana. That is to kill innocent bystanders and harvest their od, but it's up to your character as to whether they're up for it.

Command Seals:

Command seals are the mark of a master. They are 3 crystallizations of pure prana in huge quantities. They appear as red tatoo like markings in a 3 part design somewhere on the body of the master (usually on one hand) and can be used to order your servant to complete seemingly impossible tasks. The prana contained in a single command seal is an enormous store, but if this isn't enough to complete the task then mana will be gathered from the environment in order to assist. However, you must excersise caution when using them, as they work less effectively on vague commands due to the ridiculous amount of prana required to fulfill them. Something like "win this battle", or "obey my every command" won't work to completion but will still use up the command seal. It will have a small influence though, instead of winning the battle it might increase your servants chance to win slightly, or instead of complete obedience your words might carry a little more weight. Generally speaking though they should be saved for more precise commands, such as "come here" which would result in your servant appearing at your side in an instant. Another thing to consider is that once you use your last command seal, you may find yourself with nothing to encourage your servant to listen to you with. Worst case scenario is that your servant abandons you while you are still contract bound to supply it with prana.

A note on the servant Caster:

Caster is the servant class equivalent of a master. So the question arises as to the nature of their "magic". Generally speaking Caster uses thaumaturgy, and is bound by that in the same way any magus is. However, what they did while they were alive would have been considered magic. The constant advances made by science are rendering more and more magic as thaumaturgy instead, and thus the need for magicians/magi is becoming less and less as increasing amounts of what was once only doable by magi becomes doable by everyone. This has resulted in the weakening of thaumaturgy from the age at which the heroic spirits lived to now, and as a result Caster is a much more powerful practitioner of thaumaturgy than any master could hope to be. Additionally, as the mechanisms for casting thaumaturgy were different back then Caster is generally able to cast spells at a very fast rate, with only a few words per incredibly powerful spell rather than lines of incantation.

Finally, a couple of things to consider. Magic is generally a secret kept from everyone. If someone witnesses a battle between servants, that person needs to die. Also, servants have two forms, their physical form and their spirit form. The spirit form is invisible and incorporeal, but they can still communicate and have full access to their senses. It is easier on the prana though, and convenient when not in combat situations.

Alright. That was a lot of work, but I hope it clears some stuff (or a lot of stuff) up, and teaches you some important information (and lots more besides). If anyone still has any questions, feel free to ask.

Edit: As if it was possible I forgot something. I was going to include the ritual for summoning a servant, but I guess I'll put it down here instead.

Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill.

Let it be filled fivefold for every turn, simply breaking asunder with every filling.

For the essence, silver and steel.

For the foundation, stone and the archduke of contracts.

For the ancestor, my great master __________.

Close the gates of the four cardinal directions.

Come forth from the crown, and follow the three forked road leading to the kingdom.

Let it be declared now.

My will creates your body.

Your sword creates my destiny.

If you heed the Grail's call and obey my will and reason, then answer me.

I hereby swear.

That I shall be all the good in the world.

That I shall defeat all evil in the world.

[insert custom verse aiming for your particular class here if you want, this is the one for Berserker. There aren't any other official ones, but you can make one up if you like]

But let chaos cloud your eyes.

You, that is trapped in a cage of madness.

I would hold your chains.

[End custom verse]

From the seventh heaven, clad in the three great words of power,

come forth from the circle of binding, guardian of the scales!

-Fuyuki City

1000px-Fuyuki.png

#3 Rules

-no bunnying unless the other person allows it

-respect others

-no god mode

-no spam

-no profanity, I am against such display

-various NPCs are under my control and my control only

-have fun ~

I'll arrange the Master and Servant duos here once people begin posting their PCs ~

Bfroger6-Rider

Master

Name: Maria Lockeheart

Appearance: 164cm tall, weighs 53kg. Rather slim. Bright blonde hair released of any binds which reaches below her shoulders, with long bangs falling across her forehead and above her right eye. Her eyes are sharp, percptive and ghastly grey. Usually wears a grey shirt (something like Irisviel's and Illya's clothes), along with a tie and simple jeans. Since it's summer, she tends to wear her sleeveless green shirt with a diamond-patterned deep green tie along with blue shorts. Her grey socks with rectangular patterns reach up to her knees and she wears black trainers on her feet.

Personality: Intelligent yet emphatetic and sometimes cruel. She never got a chance to bond with anyone in her life as she was picked up by the MA when her Seals appeared and she never really had any friends over there. She grew to resent the MA for what they did to her which ultimately drove her to try and murder all of her colleagues during their flight to Fuyuki. But, even with all those obstacles, she never forgot to regain her humanity. Maria was very sociable and joyful as a kid and she can still act as a normal girl, she just never gets a chance to do that anymore... Until now, that is.

Nationality: English

A trifle of trivia: She has some issues due to the her excessive use of Magic Circuits during the MA training. Also, she likes to eat flakes for breakfast.

Elemental Affinity and preferred Magecraft: Wind affinity and Runes.

Command Seal: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/303/7/c/command_spell_by_ninjacyndaquil-d84ny4n.jpg

Servant

Spirit: Sindbad

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Strenght: D
Endurance: C
Agility: C
Mana: E
Luck: EX
Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills:
Riding: A
Magic Resistance: D

Personal Skills:
Heart of a sailor: Highly resourceful in times of need. Able to make a quick and easy escape.
Restless spirit: Cannot stand still and/or settle down. Is constantly in need of doing something interesting.

Golden Rule: B

Noble Phantasms:
Seven journeys' worth of luck: EX - All the blessings and the wealth Sindbad had aquired from his seven journeys serve as a proof of his unbeatable Luck. This Phantasm is passive and raises Sindbad's Luck stat up to EX.
Bird of prey: B - Summons the mighty bird Roc. The bird materialises in a form of a gigantic hawk with bright brown feathers which slowly turn re towards their tips. The bird is 5.8 meters tall and 6.7 meters long, with a wing span of over 11 meters. The bird strikes with the power of a A Strenght attack, but possese no special skills. Its Magic Resistance is C. Rider cannot actually ride the bird as his skill level is too low to ride a Monstrous Beast. He rides the bird by clonging onto its talons and letting it fly him away. However, he can still use prana to direct the bird where he wants.
Goldn staff of Allah: A (Anti-Prana/Unit) - A holy staff gifted to Sindbad by Allah's angels. Its powers have been used by Sindbad to save a man from a giant snake (Phantasmal Specie) It has the power to drain prana out of objects it comes in contact with. It also works against Noble Phantasms (below rank A) and magi casting a spell, but cannot drain prana that is stored inside a Magic Circuit. Example: Caster is casting a spell. Rider comes along and hits her with the staff, instantly draining all prana she has been using to fuel her spell.

It has a limit on how much prana it can drain in one go, so it won't work against high level spells that require a lot of it. All in all, it works a bit like Diarmuid's Gae Derg, but draining prana and storing it instead of just negating it.

Onc it has stored enough prana, it can release it at a single target in a fierce attack.

Sheep-Archer

Master

Name: Andrew "Whitey" Whitcombe.

Appearance: 178 cm tall, weighs 80 kg. He once had thick brown hair but by this point in his life it has turned grey. He's lax about maintaining routine and can therefore often be found with stubble on his chin. His eyes are green, with both wisdom and intelligence hiding behind them. He's accustomed to the hot Australian sun and so often wears light clothing, but on arriving at Japan he's had to acclimatize. You'll often see him wearing a brown leather jacket, with a rough shirt on underneath and jeans of some description. Usually blue or black. He'll also never be seen without his whiteish brown Akubra hat, complete with a single line of string dangling a piece of cork from the right hand side. He is a strong, well built man.
Personality: Empathetic and kind, Andrew is a man who values honesty and respect. He helps those in need of help, but is not naive enough to be fooled when they aren't. He is a well liked man, and blends in perfectly in a society that is none the wiser as to his true abilities. Do not mistake a kind heart for a weak one though, as he's accumulated a large amount of experience dealing with his own kind across his life time. The Mage's Association in Australia knows of his family's existence, but considers him to be nothing more than an ordinary mage who, while not part of their order, has done little outside of their rules. A trustworthy outsider if you like. They are blissfully unaware of his now 3 year old command seals.
Nationality: Australian, with a British convict family backstory.
A trifle of trivia: The cork dangling from his hat has an amusing charm cast on it to ward away flies and other pests. He has 23 magic circuits of reasonable quality, his terminally ill 16 year old son has 35 and they are of the highest quality in the history of his family. His son is Andrew's reason for entering the war.
Elemental Affinity and preferred Magecraft: Water and Earth. Has devoted his own life to learning healing magecraft, but there is a large amount of water magecraft (to a master level) and a smaller amount of earth magecraft stored in his magic crest. His preferred style of magecraft is simple thaumaturgy.
Command Seal: Three ribbons intertwined running down the back of his left hand, starting at the wrist. Each branches away from the others just below the thumb joint, splits in two and a single thread runs up each finger/thumb with the last curling around to end on his palm.

Servant

Spirit: Arjuna Pandava.

Class: Archer.
Alignment: Lawful Good.
Parameters:
Strength: A
Agility: B
Mana: C
Luck: C
Noble Phantasm: EX
Class Skills:
Independent Action: A
Magic Resistance: C
Personal Skills:
Charisma: D
Divinity: B
Eternal Arms Mastery: A
Military Tactics: C
River Blessing: A
(River Blessing: A: Arjuna was blessed by a Naga princess to be invincible in bodies of water. This manifests itself as Arjuna’s ability to walk on water, and while doing so his endurance parameter ranks up).
Noble Phantasms:
Gandiva: (Anti Unit) B
Mohini: (Anti Army) C
Sammohana: (Anti Army) E
Maheshwarastra: (Anti Unit) A
Varunastra: (Anti Unit) D
Varunapasha: (Anti Unit) A
Vajira: (Anti Unit) B+
Indraastra: (Anti Army) A
Brahmaastra: (Anti Country) A+
Pashupatastra: (Anti Divine) EX

Gandiva: The moon bow created by the Brahman given to Arjuna by the god of water Varuna. Every time it is fired it makes a sound like thunder, and comes with two inexhaustible quivers of arrows. The bow is indestructible, and has up to 100 bowstrings, depending on how quickly the user can fire.

Disclaimer on divine weapons: These are powerful noble phantasms without form of their own. Arjuna does not carry them with him, and instead they are like blessings. He can invoke one at any time by uttering its name. For dramatic effect they can be used in conjunction with weaponry, which will transform the attack into the divine weapon or imbue it with the weapon's properties.
Mohini: The divine weapon of the god of love Mohini. It dispels any thaumaturgy of an equal rank or lower in the area of effect.
Sammohana: The divine weapon of an unnamed god. It induces sleep in all lesser beings inside its area of effect. Unlikely to work on heroic spirits.
Maheshwarastra: One of the divine weapons of the god of destruction Shiva. It embodies the power of his third eye, and fires a fiery bolt of energy at the intended target, inflicting heavy damage.
Varunastra: One of the divine weapons of the god of water Varuna. It summons a torrential volume of water to the battlefield in a rush.
Varunapasha: The other divine weapon belonging to Varuna. It sends ropes capable of binding gods at the intended target.
Vajira: One of the divine weapons belonging to the god of weather and Arjuna’s father Indra. It takes form as an electrical strike of B+ magnitude.
Indraastra: The other divine weapon belonging to Indra. It calls down arrows of light from the heavens over the target area.
Brahmaastra: One of the divine weapons of the god of creation Brahma. It is essentially an enormous explosion of energy.
Pashupatastra: The most powerful divine weapon in the Mahabharata, belonging to Shiva. It manifests itself as an explosion more powerful than the Brahmaastra, and is fully deserving of its Anti Divine rank.

Hukuna-Berserker

Master

Name: Nadia "Umbra" Darke

Appearance: Long Jet Black hair, usually done up in a sloppy ponytail. Has deep emerald green eyes, that have a sinister look to them. Around 5'7 with a lithe athletic form. Typically wears a Suit, Black with a Green vest and tie. ((same color as her eyes.))
Personality: Distant, aloof. Nadia, preferring to go by the name Umbra, tends to be a distant person. She doesn't really attach to people and is known to be a loner by nature. She doesn't like wasting time and gets restless when nothing is going on, but can manage it. Can work in a team, but tends to be the mind of the group, she isn't a leader but has a talent for strategy and and tactics. However, she has a weak moral fiber, thinking of people in the team like weapons or objects to complete a goal and doesn't mind sacrificing a few if necessary. Has a no nonsense attitude, She doesn't like wasting time and gets restless when nothing is going on, but can manage it. She likes things to go as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
Nationality: Seems to be British, however it isn't certain.
A trifle of trivia: Is known for her ability to "harden" darkness into objects and weapons. She also has a talent with using Lightning as well. She is also known for her ruthless efficiency and overall no nonsense approach to problems.
Elemental Affinity and preferred Magecraft: Air((specifically Lightning)) and Void. Preferred Mage Craft: Materiel Transmutation
Command Seal: A Dragon, on her left shoulder. ((typical heraldic design, wings being 2 of the spells, with the Dragon's body being the last.))

Servant

Spirit: Macbeth

Class: Berserker
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Strength: C ((C+)) {C++}
Agility: D ((D+))
Endurance: C ((C+)) {C++}
Mana: D ((D+))
Luck: E ((E+))
Noble Phantasm: B (( C ))
Class Skills: 1
Mad Enhancement: EX, under effects seals Macbeth's Charisma, Insecurity, and Weakens his 1st NP. Activates Paranoia, and Banquo Rage
Personal Skills:
Charisma: D.
Insecurity: A.
Paranoia: A.
Banquo Rage: A. Macbeth will seemingly fly into insane rages. This happens when he starts to perceive something as Banquo and he will try relentlessly to destroy it. This increases his master's Prana use, but gains another level in Strength and Endurance.
Noble Phantasms:
"Weird Sister's Prophecy.": B ((D)) Passive Effect.
"Curse of the Scottish King": B. Anti-Unit

Weird Sister's Prophecy - Immune to all attacks of X or lower Ranks, significantly resistant to higher level attacks. ((X is the current level of the NP.)). Anyone fulfilling the prophecy ((One not born of Woman.)) can deal full damage to Macbeth with any attack.

Curse of the Scottish King - Upon discovering Macbeth's Identity. or saying his true name, the victim's Luck perimeter becomes E--. This effect is triggered in a Bounding Field Centered on Macbeth that extends 1200 ft in any direction. Every 30 ft away ((starting at 200ft)) from Macbeth the Victim is, their Luck Rank rises by 1 until it reaches it natural level. ((this is considered D for masters.)) If Macbeth can see the inflicted, it counts as if he were right next to them, giving them the full curse. As soon as he loses visual it reverts back to the Distance Calculation. Master is immune to this effect.

King Murdoc-Saber

Master

Name: Siegfried Einar

Appearance: Tall and dark haired with light blue eyes. Somewhat harsh facial features, with strong lines, angular but not gaunt. Prefers to stay clean-shaven. Neatly kept, medium length hair that already has a streak of gray on his left. Tends to dress in a rather archaic fashion, with his greatcoat making an appearance whenever the climate permits (and often when it doesn't, via a small bit of magecraft.) If he absolutely must blend in, he'll revert to more modern dress, usually dressed like a businessman of some sort. He carries a simple-looking knife reinforced with runes and owns a full-sized sword similarly enhanced, though the latter rarely makes its way into public for obvious reasons.
Personality: Rather cynical. He possesses strong principles, and considers himself above most people because of this. He will hold himself to these until it is absolutely impossible for him to succeed in his current goal, and then act as if they never existed in the first place. He has very little respect for the ideas of other people (and lacks it for others in general), but will not willfully insult others. He is not above sacrificing another if it moves him closer to his goals. The only set of principles he holds to outside of his own is the set governing the behavior of mages with respect to non-mages, and that is loose.
Nationality: American, with a mostly Northern European ancestry.
A trifle of trivia: He is a distant relative of the Edelfelts, though he doesn't possess anything special other than simple magical ability for this.
Elemental Affinity and preferred Magecraft: Earth+Wind, and rune magic.
Command Seal: Three concentric circles with a total of twelve lines going through them, located on his right hand.
MA: Yes

Servant

Spirit: Beowulf
Class: Saber
Alignment: Lawful Good
Parameters
Strength: A+ (A++)
Endurance: A
Mana: D
Luck: E
Phantasm: D
Class Skills
Magic Resistance C
Riding D
Personal Skills
Battle Continuation C
Eternal Arms Mastership B
Bravery A+
Charisma C
Monstrous Strength B (Adds another plus to Strength if unarmed.)
Naegling, Blade of Giants D (Anti-Unit)
Normally wielded as a normal sword, Beowulf recalls the "sword of giants" used to kill an ancient foe to existence and delivers one mighty blow with it, Naegling roughly triping in size. After the initial strike, the blade melts away into acid until it has returned to its original size.
Giant's Hilt, E (Anti-Unit)
A talisman in the shape of an oversized sword hilt, it allows Beowulf's attacks to strike phantasmal species with greater force.

rustytengo-Caster

Master

Name: Josh Elders

Appearance: About 5'9" and around 150 pounds. He has dirty blond hair with blue eyes, usually wares blue jeans and louse green hoddie with white socks and blue black tennis shoes. He as light skin from getting some sun but not enough as he should. He clean shaven though his hair is usually a mess.
Personality: Josh is a smart yet lazy individual who for the most part responds sarcastically to people more so if he knows them well. He likes to keep people he just meets oblivious to his intelligence by acting the idiot. He is basically unaffected by insults and things thrown at him and most likely would insult himself as well since he doesn't care what people think about him. He doesn't have much care on the outcome of the war for he is more then happy to even be able to take part in one. Well he doesn't like to harm people not involved with the war he is able to rationalize it as necessary if it need be. He as no problem killing or harming those who threaten him or those he considers a ally. If he is betrayed he will take it as part of the war though the betrayer would find themselves as the target of his ire. He usually has a good humor (which is sarcastic and a bit off to some people). He tends to act cautious about things, but at times he forgoes that part (usually to play the idiot) and acts what seems to be rashly but is actually well thought out. Well he usually remains calm do to his faith in himself (and his servant) he can become angry and woe to anyone who truly makes him such.
Nationality: American (the north west) for the most part his ancestors are European(talking about almost every where) but it has a bit of others here and there though that doesn't really get seen in is appearance.
A trifle of trivia: He likes to eat sweets and is rarely seen without them. His family is unique as mages for they have no continuous line of mages since in there past a curse back fired and causes magic potential to skip generations so all there collected knowledge is actually stored as books (or as Josh as them now on a jump drive) varying from a bit on ever category of Magecraft. He also carries a bat with that he has used witchcraft on so it curses those it injures with wounds that take longer to heal.
Elemental Affinity and preferred Magecraft:(i really want to say the imaginary sixth element since curses but i won't) Water and Witchcraft.
Command Seal: Three circles within each other on his left shoulder
MA: He is independent

Servant

Class: Caster

Spirit: Abigail Williams
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Strength: E
Endurance: D
Agility: D
Magic: A
Luck: B-
Noble Phantasms:
Hysteria, Rank B Anti-Sanity: A bound field placed around Casters Territory to contain the madness and fear (it’s similar to Mental Pollution though it’s not centered on Caster) that Caster sparks within her territory. She has small amount of control of it enough to target specific targets with in it (Ether they become the target of others hysteria or they become more hysterical) and how fast it grows.
Witch Trial Rank C to Ex Anti- Logic: A Reality Marble that Caster can create within Hysteria though her presence is required for its full activation (she can summon thing from within it outside of Hysteria and within Hysteria if she is not present). Within it the targets suffer a major decrease in all around ability while Caster revives a major increase. The magnitudes of these changes are directly correlated with how powerful hysteria has grown and how much knowledge Caster has about the target. NP's of the target that Caster knows of or have been used within Hysteria are sealed (what prison would allow a prisoner to have weapons they know about.) Skills are used partially to determine the outcome of the trial and this occurs while Caster and the target are fighting within it (this is usually shown by disembodied voices talking while they fight). Caster and anyone else within it can influence the outcome by speaking out to support one side or the other (guilty and innocent). Once the target's fate is decided they suffer the outcome of the trial's judgment. Either death by one of many different methods (hanging, burning, crushed to death, and so forth) or freedom though they will remain weakened for a time after the ordeal.
Class Skills:
Area Creation: B
Personal Skills:
Witchcraft: B
Item Creation: B

Flynn-Lancer

Master

Servant

Chimchain-Assassin

Master

Name: Vincent LeRoi (French: Vinsan)

Appearance: 172 cm, 75 kg, shaved his head when he received his command seals but used to have brown hair. He has cold grey eyes and wears glasses. He has a muscular build and trains his body daily.
Personality: Twisted and selfish. He used to be a nice kid but people always took advantage of him. He’s been bullied in his teen years for different reasons. He was quiet and an easy target. Some kids laughed with his goofy looking glasses, his second rate clothes (he comes from a poor family) or because of his acne. If he tried to fight back he got beat up multiple times. He tried not to think about the bullying by reading stories of conquests and kings building empires. He dreamt about having his own empire where everyone had to respect him, but never tried anything to stand up and deal with his problems. He had no confidence but with a powerful Servant and the Grail backing him up, he believes he can conquer the world. After all he received those Seals as a sign.
During the past 10 years or so Vincent developed a vengeful and twisted personality. He holds grudges for a very long time and swears someday he will have his revenge. He doesn’t value human life in the slightest and doesn’t care how many people he has to kill.
Nationality: French
A trifle of trivia: Loves history and especially the stories about conquests and kings building an empire. He hoped to summon one of them that lived in Europe but failed since he doesn’t have a relic. He doesn’t know much about Japan so it’ll be awkward when he first meets his Servant.
Elemental Affinity and preferred Magecraft: Fire and runes
Command Seals: A crown made out of three circles. The top circles contain the ‘jewelry’ that’s usually found on a crown. The Seals are located on his right arm under the elbow.
MA: Yes please.

Servant

Spirit: Hattori Hanzo

Class: Assassin
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Strength: B
Agility: A+
Luck: D
Noble Phantasm: B
Class Skills
Presence Concealment: A+
Personal Skills
Clairvoyance: EX
Disengage: B
Eye of the Mind (True): B
Noble Phantasms
State of Zen: B rank, anti-unit. By completely focusing on his mindset he can slow down incoming attacks with the use of psychokinesis in all directions leaving openings for him to dodge and / or strike back.
Instant Transmission: B rank, anti-unit. Allows for instantaneous movement through space at the cost of mana

note: It might be better to discuss first about who wants and who doesn't want to be in the MA team. There are only 3 open places there, and we don't want to argue around here ~
If I missed something, I'll add it later. It's difficult to crank everything up in a signle post in only one go!

^~^

Edited by Bfroger6

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Siegfried Einar

Appearance: Tall and dark haired with light blue eyes. Somewhat harsh facial features, with strong lines, angular but not gaunt. Prefers to stay clean-shaven. Neatly kept, medium length hair that already has a streak of gray on his left. Tends to dress in a rather archaic fashion, with his greatcoat making an appearance whenever the climate permits (and often when it doesn't, via a small bit of magecraft.) If he absolutely must blend in, he'll revert to more modern dress, usually dressed like a businessman of some sort. He carries a simple-looking knife reinforced with runes and owns a full-sized sword similarly enhanced, though the latter rarely makes its way into public for obvious reasons.

Personality: Rather cynical. He possesses strong principles, and considers himself above most people because of this. He will hold himself to these until it is absolutely impossible for him to succeed in his current goal, and then act as if they never existed in the first place. He has very little respect for the ideas of other people (and lacks it for others in general), but will not willfully insult others. He is not above sacrificing another if it moves him closer to his goals. The only set of principles he holds to outside of his own is the set governing the behavior of mages with respect to non-mages, and that is loose.

Nationality: American, with a mostly Northern European ancestry.

A trifle of trivia: He is a distant relative of the Edelfelts, though he doesn't possess anything special other than simple magical ability for this.

Elemental Affinity and preferred Magecraft: Earth+Wind, and rune magic

Command Seal: Three concentric circles with a total of twelve lines going through them, located on his right hand.

MA: Yes, but working toward his own goals primarily.

Class: Saber

Alignment: Lawful Good

Parameters
Strength: A+ (A++)
Endurance: A
Luck: E
Phantasm: D

Class Skills
Magic Resistance C
Riding D

Personal Skills

Battle Continuation C
Eternal Arms Mastership B

Bravery A+
Charisma C

Monstrous Strength B (Adds another plus to Strength if unarmed.)

Naegling, Blade of Giants D (Anti-Unit)
Normally wielded as a normal sword, Beowulf recalls the "sword of giants" used to kill an ancient foe to existence and delivers one mighty blow with it, Naegling roughly triping in size. After the initial strike, the blade melts away into acid until it has returned to its original size.

Giant's Hilt, E (Anti-Unit)
A talisman in the shape of an oversized sword hilt, it allows Beowulf's attacks to strike phantasmal species with greater force.

Name: Andrew "Whitey" Whitcombe.

Appearance: 178 cm tall, weighs 80 kg. He once had thick brown hair but by this point in his life it has turned grey. He's lax about maintaining routine and can therefore often be found with stubble on his chin. His eyes are green, with both wisdom and intelligence hiding behind them. He's accustomed to the hot Australian sun and so often wears light clothing, but on arriving at Japan he's had to acclimatize. You'll often see him wearing a brown leather jacket, with a rough shirt on underneath and jeans of some description. Usually blue or black. He'll also never be seen without his whiteish brown Akubra hat, complete with a single line of string dangling a piece of cork from the right hand side. He is a strong, well built man.
Personality: Empathetic and kind, Andrew is a man who values honesty and respect. He helps those in need of help, but is not naive enough to be fooled when they aren't. He is a well liked man, and blends in perfectly in a society that is none the wiser as to his true abilities. Do not mistake a kind heart for a weak one though, as he's accumulated a large amount of experience dealing with his own kind across his life time. The Mage's Association in Australia knows of his family's existence, but considers him to be nothing more than an ordinary mage who, while not part of their order, has done little outside of their rules. A trustworthy outsider if you like. They are blissfully unaware of his now 3 year old command seals.
Nationality: Australian, with a British convict family backstory.
A trifle of trivia: The cork dangling from his hat has an amusing charm cast on it to ward away flies and other pests. He has 23 magic circuits of reasonable quality, his terminally ill 16 year old son has 35 and they are of the highest quality in the history of his family. His son is Andrew's reason for entering the war.
Elemental Affinity: Water and Earth. Has devoted his own life to learning healing magecraft, but there is a large amount of water magecraft (to a master level) and a smaller amount of earth magecraft stored in his magic crest. His preferred style of magecraft is simple thaumaturgy.
Command Seal: Three ribbons intertwined running down the back of his left hand, starting at the wrist. Each branches away from the others just below the thumb joint, splits in two and a single thread runs up each finger/thumb with the last curling around to end on his palm.
MA: Is not working for the MA.
Servant:

Spirit: Arjuna Pandava.

Class: Archer.

Alignment: Lawful Good.

Parameters:

Strength: A
Agility: B
Mana: C
Luck: C
Noble Phantasm: EX
Class Skills:
Independent Action: A
Magic Resistance: C
Personal Skills:
Charisma: D
Divinity: B
Eternal Arms Mastery: A
River Blessing: A
(River Blessing: A: Arjuna was blessed by a Naga princess to be invincible in bodies of water. This manifests itself as Arjuna’s ability to walk on water, and while doing so his endurance parameter ranks up).
Noble Phantasms:
Gandiva: (Anti Unit) B
Mohini: (Anti Army) C
Sammohana: (Anti Army) E
Maheshwarastra: (Anti Unit) A
Varunastra: (Anti Unit) D
Varunapasha: (Anti Unit) A
Vajira: (Anti Unit) B+
Indraastra: (Anti Army) A
Brahmaastra: (Anti Country) A+
Pashupatastra: (Anti Divine) EX

Gandiva: The moon bow created by the Brahman given to Arjuna by the god of water Varuna. Every time it is fired it makes a sound like thunder, and comes with two inexhaustible quivers of arrows. The bow is indestructible, and has up to 100 bowstrings, depending on how quickly the user can fire.

Disclaimer on divine weapons: These are powerful noble phantasms without form of their own. Arjuna does not carry them with him, and instead they are like blessings. He can invoke one at any time by uttering its name. For dramatic effect they can be used in conjunction with weaponry, which will transform the attack into the divine weapon or imbue it with the weapon's properties.

Mohini: The divine weapon of the god of love Mohini. It dispels any thaumaturgy of an equal rank or lower in the area of effect.

Sammohana: The divine weapon of an unnamed god. It induces sleep in all lesser beings inside its area of effect. Unlikely to work on heroic spirits.

Maheshwarastra: One of the divine weapons of the god of destruction Shiva. It embodies the power of his third eye, and fires a fiery bolt of energy at the intended target, inflicting heavy damage.

Varunastra: One of the divine weapons of the god of water Varuna. It summons a torrential volume of water to the battlefield in a rush.

Varunapasha: The other divine weapon belonging to Varuna. It sends ropes capable of binding gods at the intended target.

Vajira: One of the divine weapons belonging to the god of weather and Arjuna’s father Indra. It takes form as an electrical strike of B+ magnitude.

Indraastra: The other divine weapon belonging to Indra. It calls down arrows of light from the heavens over the target area.

Brahmaastra: One of the divine weapons of the god of creation Brahma. It is essentially an enormous explosion of energy.

Pashupatastra: The most powerful divine weapon in the Mahabharata, belonging to Shiva. It manifests itself as an explosion more powerful than the Brahmaastra, and is fully deserving of its Anti Divine rank.

Name:Nadia "Umbra" Darke

Appearance: Long Jet Black hair, usually done up in a sloppy ponytail. Has deep emerald green eyes, that have a sinister look to them. Around 5'7 with a lithe athletic form. Typically wears a Suit, Black with a Green vest and tie. ((same color as her eyes.))

Personality: Distant, aloof. Nadia, preferring to go by the name Umbra, tends to be a distant person. She doesn't really attach to people and is known to be a loner by nature. She doesn't like wasting time and gets restless when nothing is going on, but can manage it. Can work in a team, but tends to be the mind of the group, she isn't a leader but has a talent for strategy and and tactics. However, she has a weak moral fiber, thinking of people in the team like weapons or objects to complete a goal and doesn't mind sacrificing a few if necessary. Has a no nonsense attitude, She doesn't like wasting time and gets restless when nothing is going on, but can manage it. SHe likes things to go as efficiently and smoothly as possible.

Nationality: Seems to be British, however it isn't certain.

A trifle of trivia: Is known for her ability to "harden" darkness into objects and weapons. She also has a talent with using Lightning as well. She is also known for her ruthless efficiency and overall no nonsense approach to problems.

Elemental Affinity (one or two elements tops!) and preferred Magecraft: Air((specifically Lightning)) and Void ((I don't really know what to put for Darkness, as that is what she manipulates. So I just put Void.)) Preferred Mage Craft: Materiel Transmutation

Command Seal (design and location); A Dragon, on her left shoulder. ((typical heraldic design, wings being 2 of the spells, with the Dragon's body being the last.))

MA (is or isn't working for the MA): Is with the MA.

Servant

Spirit: Macbeth

Class: Berserker

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Strength: C ((C+)) {C++}

Agility: D ((D+))

Endurance: C ((C+)) {C++}

Mana: D ((D+))

Luck: E ((E+))

Noble Phantasm: B (( C ))

Class Skills: 1

Mad Enhancement: EX, under effects seals Macbeth's Charisma, Insecurity, and Weakens his 1st NP. Activates Paranoia, and Banquo Rage

Personal Skills:

Charisma: D.

Insecurity: A.

Paranoia: A.

Banquo Rage: A. Macbeth will seemingly fly into insane rages. This happens when he starts to perceive something as Banquo and he will try relentlessly to destroy it. This increases his master's Prana use, but gains another level in Strength and Endurance.

Noble Phantasms:

"Weird Sister's Prophecy.": B ((D)) Passive Effect.

Immune to all attacks of X or lower Ranks, significantly resistant to higher level attacks. ((X is the current level of the NP.)). Anyone fulfilling the prophecy ((One not born of Woman.)) can deal full damage to Macbeth with any attack.

"Curse of the Scottish King": B. Anti-Unit

Upon discovering Macbeth's Identity. or saying his true name, the victim's Luck perimeter becomes E--. This effect is triggered in a Bounding Field Centered on Macbeth that extends 1200 ft in any direction. Every 30 ft away ((starting at 200ft)) from Macbeth the Victim is, their Luck Rank rises by 1 until it reaches it natural level. ((this is considered D for masters.)) If Macbeth can see the inflicted, it counts as if he were right next to them, giving them the full curse. As soon as he loses visual it reverts back to the Distance Calculation. Master is immune to this effect.

(hehe lots of stuff happens well i was at work)

Name: Josh Elders

Appearance: About 5'9" and around 150 pounds. He has dirty blond hair with blue eyes, usually wares blue jeans and louse green hoddie with white socks and blue black tennis shoes. He as light skin from getting some sun but not enough as he should. He clean shaven though his hair is usually a mess.

Personality: Josh is a smart yet lazy individual who for the most part responds sarcastically to people more so if he knows them well. He likes to keep people he just meets oblivious to his intelligence by acting the idiot. He is basically unaffected by insults and things thrown at him and most likely would insult himself as well since he doesn't care what people think about him. He doesn't have much care on the outcome of the war for he is more then happy to even be able to take part in one. Well he doesn't like to harm people not involved with the war he is able to rationalize it as necessary if it need be. He as no problem killing or harming those who threaten him or those he considers a ally. If he is betrayed he will take it as part of the war though the betrayer would find themselves as the target of his ire. He usually has a good humor (which is sarcastic and a bit off to some people). He tends to act cautious about things, but at times he forgoes that part (usually to play the idiot) and acts what seems to be rashly but is actually well thought out. Well he usually remains calm do to his faith in himself (and his servant) he can become angry and woe to anyone who truly makes him such.

Nationality: American (the north west) for the most part his ancestors are European(talking about almost every where) but it has a bit of others here and there though that doesn't really get seen in is appearance.

A trifle of trivia: He likes to eat sweets and is rarely seen without them. His family is unique as mages for they have no continuous line of mages since in there past a curse back fired and causes magic potential to skip generations so all there collected knowledge is actually stored as books (or as Josh as them now on a jump drive) varying from a bit on ever category of Magecraft. He also carries a bat with that he has used witchcraft on so it curses those it injures with wounds that take longer to heal.

Elemental Affinity and preferred Magecraft:(i really want to say the imaginary sixth element since curses but i won't) Water and Witchcraft.

Command Seal (design and location): Three circles within each other on his left shoulder

MA (is or isn't working for the MA): He is independent

Servant

Class: Caster

Name: Abigail Williams

Parameters:

Strength: E

Endurance: D

Agility: D

Magic: A

Luck: B-

Noble Phantasms:

Hysteria, Rank B Anti-Sanity: A bound field placed around Casters Territory to contain the madness and fear (it’s similar to Mental Pollution though it’s not centered on Caster) that Caster sparks within her territory. She has small amount of control of it enough to target specific targets with in it (Ether they become the target of others hysteria or they become more hysterical) and how fast it grows.

Witch Trial Rank C to Ex Anti- Logic: A Reality Marble that Caster can create within Hysteria though her presence is required for its full activation (she can summon thing from within it outside of Hysteria and within Hysteria if she is not present). Within it the targets suffer a major decrease in all around ability while Caster revives a major increase. The magnitudes of these changes are directly correlated with how powerful hysteria has grown and how much knowledge Caster has about the target. NP's of the target that Caster knows of or have been used within Hysteria are sealed (what prison would allow a prisoner to have weapons they know about.) Skills are used partially to determine the outcome of the trial and this occurs while Caster and the target are fighting within it (this is usually shown by disembodied voices talking while they fight). Caster and anyone else within it can influence the outcome by speaking out to support one side or the other (guilty and innocent). Once the target's fate is decided they suffer the outcome of the trial's judgment. Either death by one of many different methods (hanging, burning, crushed to death, and so forth) or freedom though they will remain weakened for a time after the ordeal.

Class Skills:

Area Creation: B

Personal Skills:

Witchcraft: B

Item Creation: B

Chim if you want to see what i had for Cleoptra just ask

Edited by rustytengo

i actually think that falls under the imaginary sixth element though Sheep would probably know better then me.

also going to point out Hukuna your character and mine are both working for the MA(joy, joy hehehehehe) and funny enough have the command seals in the same area.

Should point this out ahead of time, but Nadia has an affinity for magic using Darkness as an element. I put Void under her Elemental Affinities but I am not sure that is entirely right. What do you guys think?

I think it fits under Void quite nicely.

Changed to working with the MA, unless someone else wants.

cool that means i can free up my pair. since its a bit more fitting not to have them working for the MA(especially if berserker is there.)

Now that I think about it, I can see my character working with the MA. Slowly, patiently, biding his time until the moment is opportune. I know this sounds spoilerish but it'll be pretty obvious (and might be already) that his loyalty is to himself.

^ you should hold that one for a sec, until we know what everyone else wants to do. ((I don't actually want to be in the MA either, but I figure somebody has to be.))

okay changed it back to what i originally had.

Edited by rustytengo

Well yea, but so is Umbra's in the scheme of things. We just have a big amount of super independent people lol.

As is fitting of the Mages Association if Kayneth is any representative. Honestly both of your characters do seem as if they could have come from the Mages Association. Siegfried seems like a harsher version of Tokiomi, whereas Nadia seems like she could have walked straight out of one of their more "specialized" divisions.

Well yea, but so is Umbra's in the scheme of things. We just have a big amount of super independent people lol.

thats actually just how mages are. though mine guy is just kind of there for the fun and probably the free food.

Sorry if I'm intruding on the Sign-up ground here, but I'm not really familiar with the source material at all aside from what I read at the top. I was wondering if all possible "slots" have already been taken up or if there was still the possibility of joining this. Once again, I really hope I'm not intruding on designated Sign-up only space with this silly question, haha.

Na, it is totally fine Wala, it is just pretty much every servant has been claimed already. If you want a bit more stuff to see on the Fate Universe, definitely go find Fate/Zero. It is an anime that is in this universe, and explains it decently enough. ((it is an anime that really doesn't feel really anime, as I typically hate anime and I love it XD.))

Ahh, alright! Thank you very much Hukuna, haha. So there isn't perhaps some kind of non-master character spots that could be filled? Then again, there wouldn't be much point to such a person in this, would there?