[Outdated] Site/Forum Suggestions, Maintenance, and Discussion

Arkhi

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a bunch, Tacos & staff!

mJkTkKu.png

You spelled his name wrong. I really do hope the sig thing is something of the past because some days it takes forever to load up a topic.

Edit: Technically, I'm breaking the sig rule by one line. BRB.

So, now that I finally stopped personally bugging mods used the Report button, I can suggest an improvement.

While the Report page does show the thread containing the post in question, there is no confirmation which post is being reported. For that reason, if someone somehow makes a mistake and reports the wrong user, that could be annoying(?) towards the auth or cast a light on the one doing the reporting to be screwing around with the Report button, which puts them at risk of being warned. I suggest, if possible, including the post in the Report page so that confirmation can be made.
Additionally, on that note, and while it should go without saying, the rules should include that abuse of the Report button is an offense. This is assuming that that is a warning-worthy offense.

If some auth can confirm this is warning-worthy, I'll add it onto the Suggestions list.

What I imply is that those doing the reporting have no way of guaranteeing the post in question is the one being reported; when users report, they can only see the thread containing the topic being reported. There's no certainty unless that thread has only one post.

What I imply is that those doing the reporting have no way of guaranteeing the post in question is the one being reported; when users report, they can only see the thread containing the topic being reported. There's no certainty unless that thread has only one post.

I don't get what you're saying. There's a report button under each individual post. How does one NOT know which post they are reporting?

I do understand where he's coming from. There is no indication once you press the report button as to what post you are specifically reporting. But truthfully, as long as you're careful of which one you click on, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

There's a report button under each individual post.

That's a good example. A new user who doesn't know the site layout may think the report button pertains to the post below instead of the one above. Without knowing that it applies to the post above, there's no way to do.

Think you're a bit confused here Ark.

I know what I mean, but I guess my explanation isn't ringing bells. I tried including a pic, but that didn't work for me, so I'll try again.

Edit: Posting a screenshot of the report feature doesn't work. For whatever reason, the "image type" is rejected.

In addition to people with exceedingly large signatures, some people (I can only find one currently, but I know more exist) have "Interests" lists that extend far past the length of a single trainer card in one's signature.

I assume this violates the same rule of signatures surpassing one card's length?

Also, I've got eyes on you and your sig, Mael ;D

• Administrators

Just to have a note of this somewhere, I've added a mention about PS rooms to the site FAQ; I also went through the FAQ pages and fixed the text so that it doesn't all highlight at once like it used to (that is, only the things that should light up when hovered over (that is, links) do so), and did the same to the Field Effects page, as well as normalising the alignment of the images on it. I don't think anything broke but if it did, oops.

Just to have a note of this somewhere, I've added a mention about PS rooms to the site FAQ; I also went through the FAQ pages and fixed the text so that it doesn't all highlight at once like it used to (that is, only the things that should light up when hovered over (that is, links) do so), and did the same to the Field Effects page, as well as normalising the alignment of the images on it. I don't think anything broke but if it did, oops.

Hmm just a small recommendation here. Can you change the displayed text for the Site FAQ to say 'Site FAQ' or something like that and the Game FAQ to say 'Pokemon Reborn FAQ'

It might clarify it a bit better and also let new members see that they're not the same thing so it might be useful to click on each of the, at some point.

• Administrators

Where exactly? There's only one FAQ on the side bar on the forums, and that's listed under Pokemon Reborn; and on the main site, there's "FAQ" and "Game FAQ"