[Outdated] Site/Forum Suggestions, Maintenance, and Discussion

Arkhi

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can some mod edit Nickaboo's Location Guide with big fonts and link about Guide V2?

Except those 2 today that haven't acknowledge the V2 there was lot people in the past that for some reason (probably Google) was following the old one

I'll add it to the OP, but that may come down to what we're limited to with the site. If avatars already fitted with transparent backgrounds are selected for use, is the transparent part colored white?
The only other solution I can think of would be taking a screenshot of the gray color behind your avatar, finding that color in HTML, and painting/filling the background of your current avatar that color.

• Administrators

The problem with that is that the background of posts is a gradient, so you can't 100% match it without more effort than is probably worth it.

I'll add it to the OP, but that may come down to what we're limited to with the site. If avatars already fitted with transparent backgrounds are selected for use, is the transparent part colored white?

The only other solution I can think of would be taking a screenshot of the gray color behind your avatar, finding that color in HTML, and painting/filling the background of your current avatar that color.

Yes, my avatar originally had transparency. Uploading it caused a white fill.

So yeah, trying to post a status update from your profile doesn't actually work. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

2ivcirp.jpg

You can write a status and click post, but it just... doesn't do anything.

So yeah, trying to post a status update from your profile doesn't actually work. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

2ivcirp.jpg

You can write a status and click post, but it just... doesn't do anything.

Oh, I guess I didn't add that. I think that might have to do with the ability to post statuses on the profiles of others, which has already been suggested. Regardless, I'll add it to the OP.

Edited the OP to reflect that banned users can still be reported via their posts.

Thanks for confirmation, Jericho!

Two more things:
First, Tempest made the suggestion that Sprite Shop items should have resale value and that they can be sold after being purchased. Anyone on board with this?

Second, and this has been brought up in the past, but I've been toying with the idea- a public site suggestions thread. It will be made abundantly clear in the OP that non-serious suggestions are to be discarded and the user warned. Of course, moderation of the thread is a necessity. Could anyone assist?

Second, and this has been brought up in the past, but I've been toying with the idea- a public site suggestions thread. It will be made abundantly clear in the OP that non-serious suggestions are to be discarded and the user warned. Of course, moderation of the thread is a necessity. Could anyone assist?

I like cracking down on people like that. I'll definitely be able to assist.

This really isn't a 'Site/Forum' suggestion, but we should have a solo major battle tournament!
Remember how League had multiple players getting to the top by beating all 17/18 leaders? That was the most successful battle competition thing we had.

I think it's because it was multiple people of emerging victory from a challenge, rather than a entire group. I don't know if it makes sense or not, but it would be more enjoyable to win something by yourself rather than having a team win something.

I'm not saying to bring League back, but I think it would really advertise the 'battle environment' Reborn can offer if we had some kind of solo major tournament. The lack of competitive activity is really low, and it's disappointing. Perhaps we can bring back ladder competitions?

EDIT: Sorry if I'm confusing. If there needs to be some clarification, I'll do my best to fix my post.

Edited by Reignited'Light

• Administrators

First, Tempest made the suggestion that Sprite Shop items should have resale value and that they can be sold after being purchased. Anyone on board with this?

This has been a planned feature since literally ever. Unfortunately, Nyu's no longer reliably around to code it.

• Support Squad

This really isn't a 'Site/Forum' suggestion, but we should have a solo major battle tournament!

Remember how League had multiple players getting to the top by beating all 17/18 leaders? That was the most successful battle competition thing we had.

I think it's because it was multiple people of emerging victory from a challenge, rather than a entire group. I don't know if it makes sense or not, but it would be more enjoyable to win something by yourself rather than having a team win something.

I'm not saying to bring League back, but I think it would really advertise the 'battle environment' Reborn can offer if we had some kind of solo major tournament. The lack of competitive activity is really low, and it's disappointing. Perhaps we can bring back ladder competitions?

EDIT: Sorry if I'm confusing. If there needs to be some clarification, I'll do my best to fix my post.

League attracted people (Myself included) because it was an achievement for one person alone and you didn't have to suffer through miscommunication that comes from attempted teamwork over the internet and different timezones. It was just straight easier to get engaged in and those who succeeded did get a certain amount of prestige that just wasn't there in PZA and Nations. Hell, the most fame anyone got out of PZA was Bagel having an action named after him. League on he other hand, each season someone essentially got immortalised in the community by being placed in the heall of fame and getting to boast of their succeses in their trainer card.

That said it's been made clear League isn't returning :[ and the other league Noivy and co tried to get off the ground flopped with the shift to Showdown.

How will that work? Do we pick the most interesting suggestions and discuss them here?

The discussion would remain in that thread, likely in the Grand Hall. Because it will be completely open, everyone has the liberty to put forth their suggestions. There's certainly plenty of things people want to see on the site, but have no place to give input.

As such, enforcement is required.

I like cracking down on people like that. I'll definitely be able to assist.

Thank you,Tacos. I expect the thread would be busiest and most troll-targeted while it's still new. That said, over time, it should become little to no problem to enforce.

Anyone with the ability to edit the OP who wants to add something certainly can.

Perhaps we can divide them in suggestions that can be fixed by the admins, and suggestions that are up to public opinion as to whether they need to be changed, like colours, transparent avatars etc. (this would turn this thread into more problem-solving)

This is probably a weird suggestion, but we could maybe have a different design for each forum section you can visit.

http://prntscr.com/6qogl6

For example, if you click on those forums, there could be a design that represents the topic, instead of the current red banner by default. I think it's a bit too much, but I think it would be something interesting.

This is probably a weird suggestion, but we could maybe have a different design for each forum section you can visit.

http://prntscr.com/6qogl6

For example, if you click on those forums, there could be a design that represents the topic, instead of the current red banner by default. I think it's a bit too much, but I think it would be something interesting.

Yo, that's awesome. As for being too much, perhaps users can submit banner designs and the community can vote on banners to use. That's outstanding.

Added to the OP.

This just might be a bug, but I dunno.

When you click on the post number of a post (at the top right) it should open a little window where a link appears to the post in question (this is for sharing).

But clicking on that...takes you to a thread's OP for some reason.

Though I have found something of a workaround - search for a certain keyword in the post in question under "This topic" (for example, let's search workaround) and doing that brings up the post in question, albeit with a different number. Clicking on that wi go the post's location within the thread which thus allows the URL of the post in question to be copied from the browser.