[Outdated] Site/Forum Suggestions, Maintenance, and Discussion

Arkhi

This just might be a bug, but I dunno.

When you click on the post number of a post (at the top right) it should open a little window where a link appears to the post in question (this is for sharing).

But clicking on that...takes you to a thread's OP for some reason.

I can confirm this has happened to me too. Also is it just me, or there is something wrong with the Pose Changer shop item? Whenever I try to use it this happens...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK this has to do with linking to specific posts within a thread. So if you're in the index and click here. (Seen on the right)

It will link you directly to the correct post (in this case the most recent one)

ScreenShot2015-01-19at71541PM_zps2da6072

It will take you to that post properly

URL = ...pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3364&page=45#entry263405

However if you try to go to that same post (or any other within a thread for that matter that isn't the last by clicking this here at the top right corner.

ScreenShot2015-01-19at71844PM_zpsbac0683

It doesn't do that it only takes you to the beginning of the thread, presumably because the page=## isn't generated within the URL this way.

URL = ....pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3364entry263405

[Page=## Not there]

I don't know how hidden posts would effect this, but would it be possible to code it in so that the generated redirect link from clicking the individual post link like the 2nd picture includes the page # and allow it to function the way it presumably should? I'd assume you've probably already looked into this by now though.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10965&page=4#entry263443

Hi guys.

As most of us know, rooms for PS! has gotten popular for many users, room owners and visitors alike. However, their has been a issue with users who like to flood back rooms with some... 'Intense' photos or pastebins that break the reborn rules. It is sickening to go to a back room, and see a troll who likes to make everyone have a shitty experience.

I have learned a useful command that is able to clear the content of PS! rooms, that does not clear the roomintro. (Thanks to Ikaru)
However, the '/cleanroom' command only works for '~' users. In other words, only Ame and Ikaru can use that command to clean rooms. Can roomowners also be permitted to use such a command? Ame and Ikaru are busy people, and I'm sure most room owners would like to clear disgusting content that has been spammed in the room. (The modchat feature can work as well, but it is unfortunate for those who did not use the command before spammers appear)

I think this requires a bit of coding, so we can also have some sort of guidelines, before one purchases a room, to ensure one knows how to handle such things?

EDIT: yeah, my post is pretty confusing. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

tl;dr- give room owners the power to use '/clearroom' if possible.

Edited by Reignited'Light

• Administrators

To be honest I'm not sure why it isn't available to room owners already. I'm not a scripter of course, but I think that should be pretty easy to change.

Is spamming statuses an offense? While it doesn't fill the status feed, it does bump other statuses down. I ask because the scenario is happening currently and, to prevent it to the future, that could be something added to the rules.

If one looks closely at the statuses made, a lot of people fill up the status bar because they are embarrassed that they used it as a search bar, and instead try to replace it since they don't realize that deleting it is possible.

If one looks closely at the statuses made, a lot of people fill up the status bar because they are embarrassed that they used it as a search bar, and instead try to replace it since they don't realize that deleting it is possible.

Right, but only one status is necessary to hide the other. Three or more statuses in the length of 15 minutes (or any absurd combination thereof) seems far too many.

Two questions now:

Is spamming statuses an offense? While it doesn't fill the status feed, it does bump other statuses down. I ask because the scenario is happening currently and, to prevent it to the future, that could be something added to the rules.

Additionally, starting threads in the wrong forum/subforum is gross and unorganized, but is it something worth reporting over?

• Administrators

That could be reportable, if only to bring it to our attention if it goes unnoticed; as simple as moving the topic. As for spamming statuses, the unnecessary ones can be deleted without much hassle. If it gets to be a bit much, I would say to report the user through their profile and it'll be painfully obvious in BRIGHT RED FONT ON THE LEFT OF MY SCREEN until it's resolved. As a last resort, we do have the ability to disable a member's ability to post status updates.

Almost looks intentional, but I can see how that can get annoying.

Could be a gaffe, but after looking at some channels on the main Showdown server it could have been something on their end that prompted it. Probs something worth looking into nonetheless.

For some reason I am still able to purchase the Ace Membership for 6000. This means that I could send it to someone else, turning them into Ace without them having the necessary post count or enough money to buy it on their own. Shouldn't we change this somehow?

We could if we wanted to, probably.

I don't think this is a problem though, as it hasn't been in the past - people who have prematurely gotten Ace were (usually) given the money to buy it, rather than the money itself.

We could if we wanted to, probably.

I don't think this is a problem though, as it hasn't been in the past - people who have prematurely gotten Ace were (usually) given the money to buy it, rather than the membership itself.

Is it not similar? Now that someone needs to have 500 posts in order to get access to the item, me giving them the money is not helping. However, if I just spend the money, buy it and send it to them, I've done the same job, as they now can use the item without having to worry about the post count.

It's a post on the forums. By deleting that topic, it's closer to making the forums look better. Didn't know if reporting that topic would be important since it was a while ago, but I posted it here since it does help clean a part of the forum.