[Outdated] Site/Forum Suggestions, Maintenance, and Discussion

Arkhi

It's a post on the forums. By deleting that topic, it's closer to making the forums look better. Didn't know if reporting that topic would be important since it was a while ago, but I posted it here since it does help clean a part of the forum.

Oh shoot, my bad. I was on mobile and I didn't see the hyperlink!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a simple suggestion, should it be deemed necessary. Make a short, cute lil' thread in the Troubleshooting sub-forum referring to how to attach your save file. It'd be a copy + paste of Jericho's guide, but that should speed up the rate at which users can get their save files fixed, since they can include it in their OP.
Additionally, it could expand to include how to file a Troubleshooting request. Ideally, it would inform users to include pictures, snippets of code when the game crashes, and, the point of it all, how to include their save file.

• 2 months later...

Something I think should be addressed is people who make redundant threads (i.e. somebody asks a question in the Ask your Questions and then makes a thread that asks the same exact question without waiting for an answer) or repeatedly make threads when they could always look at something else (i.e. somebody creating 5 different threads for 5 different Pokemon locations when the person could always just look at the Location Guide). I won't throw names around, and I know that there was a locked thread about this, but a simple PSA could always work.

I'm not saying that the people who do this should get warning points or anything, but it really annoys me to see 5 threads in a row asking just one little question, and it would be best to have them stop doing such a thing.

Also, maybe somebody should edit Dashie's and Nickaboo's guides to Reborn by adding the link to Sparysle's pinned one, so people aren't looking at something severely outdated.

Dashie's: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/?showtopic=7757

Nickaboo's: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/?showtopic=4703

I think there was another one, but I can't seem to find it...

Found it: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12791#entry283175

I'm not saying that the people who do this should get warning points or anything, but it really annoys me to see 5 threads in a row asking just one little question, and it would be best to have them stop doing such a thing.

Yeah, this is infuriating. A pinned thread titled "Pokemon Location Guide" should be a dead giveaway that that thread is the exact one to be referenced if someone is searching for a Pokemon. There's no good excuse a user should create a thread searching for a single Pokemon, except in rare circumstances (like with Beldum). I'll post in regard to this in the public thread.