Billboard: Advertise/Explain Rooms Here. (Showdown)

Chase

Fellow moderators, if you feel this topic is best moved somewhere else, feel free to move it. Thanks~

Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

For 459th time, Reborn's chatroom has been moved to Pokemon Showdown. While we've always had rooms in the form of "Backchannels" on Pokemon Online, many of them served different uses and "privacy" is varied. Sometimes, an event would take place in one of these backchannels and it required advertisement on the server, and it would result in those channels being opened up to the masses.

Because of the varying degrees of privacy, I've made this thead with the hopes that room owners could explain their rooms, level of privacy or joining requirements, and purposes, so that we could help them out as room owners by keeping out a few more people that aren't wanted, as well as spread the word for upcoming events and times when the room will be open to all. I'll leave an example (which doesn't have to be accurate for now, it's just to give you all a template):

---

Room Name: PZA Auction Hall

Level of Privacy: Open to Public, Auction Representatives (Voice), Drivers, Moderators, Owners are allowed to speak (Mod Chat enabled)

Purpose: To serve as a medium for the Pokemon: Zero Alliance Auction that occurs Sunday evenings. Everyone is allowed to join but those who are participating in the auction will be the only ones allowed to speak. Come watch as the types are shuffled and bid for, and as the power swings from Alliance to Alliance!

---

Couple more things:

- If you use an image to advertise your room, you may do so here as long as it doesn't break community rules in anyway.

- You may also update your room with "Event Schedules" should you choose, both here on this thread, and in your room intros.

- You may use Private as a level of privacy, as long as you LIST the requirements to join (I.e. Must be a part of clan, Must be known by room owner, etc.)

All that being said, farewell, and happy sailing!

~ Hilda

buffalo-wild-wings-logo.png

ROOM: Buffalo Wild Wings

Long story short: It's for talking anything and everything sports from your local curling team, to the NBA and everything in between. Anyone is welcome in here at any time. I'd love to see some more faces here. Smack talk is encouraged so long as it stays civil.

Room: Cabin Seven

Privacy Level: -somewhat- Private, to become a regular visitor, you -must- be considered an acquantance of mine. Momentary visitation could be granted upon request.

Purpose: I work as a camp counselor during the summer, and I wanted to offer people a place for immediate feedback to just show up and let whatever may be bothering them or whatever they may be struggling with out in a place where it doesn't have to be "moderated" or "filtered". There will be a few people with room moderation duties and myself that will be expected to keep whatever you say in the room confidential. If you don't have a rank, you may be asked to leave, in order to grant whoever is speaking their right to confidentiality. Also, if you want to momentarilly complain about something and you don't expect the listeners to do something about it (otherwise just known as "venting" or "letting off steam"), this is where you can do that.

Requests: Please don't start fights. If you are going to complain about someone in the community or something to do with others here, ensure that you are either away from that person, or that both of you will be able to behave and work things out as professionals.

vermillion-dawn_40-second-sunrise.jpg?w=

Room: Vermillion Alliance

Privacy Level: Private, only members of Vermillion Alliance.

Purpose: To serve as meeting place to Vermillion members, be it as a chat or battling spot.

Request: Please keep your discussions civilized and don't fight. Take care when testing PZA teams there, I still didn't discover a way of blocking spectators. Other than that, have a lot of fun!

Room Intro at the moment

OXJ2Tej.gif

Room: #DAT RATCHET

Privacy Level: I have to absolutely know you well. Or if you are acquainted with my what I call "close friends", you can also come in as long as you make a nice impression that proves you are not annoying to me.

Purpose: I made this channel because I originally didn't like most of reborn. So I made my channel in PO prior to the Showdown movement. Then some time later, people started showing up to my channel. But now, it's a place where I can totally be myself and knowing that people in the channel actually like me. Even if I'm rude or so talkative.

Requests: Nothing special here.

Room intro: Rambling, basically. <<

Room: Hero Academia

Privacy Level: None. Honestly, as long as you're not being a total douchebag to everyone else in the channel you're more than welcome to stay.

Purpose: I've always wanted my own channel, and I also want to get to know a lot of the newer Reborn folks more. I don't really like joining other people's channels either as it makes me feel like I'm intruding. Combine that with always wanting your own channel and yeah, Hero Academia was born(with a little inspiration from a certain manga). It's a chill place to hang out where you can also ramble about heroism if you so choose to do so.

Requests: No capes.