Interest check for New Subforums (Sports & Independent Writing)

Sutoratosu

Interest check in new Subforums  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Subforum specifically for Independent Writing?

• Yes, I would.
    • I have no real preference either for or against.
    • No, I wouldn't
  2. 2. Would You be interested in a Subforum Specifically for Sports?

• Yes, That would be awesome.
    • I have no real preference either for or against.
    • No, I wouldn't

Then I am all for it, if we go through with it, I will leave it in your capable hands Miss Hilda. ((I can just be the Tag Police, I mean I will probably be reading some of that stuff anyway, so if I can also crack down on Tags it will get done at the same time.)) but you would mostly be in charge. ((or whoever heads the forum.))

• Support Squad

I mean, interest checks can also be misleading. When I set up the interest check for my Brailens gifted RP, it had a lukewarm reception, it wasn't until it got underway that more people actually took part and got involved.

I mean, interest checks can also be misleading. When I set up the interest check for my Brailens gifted RP, it had a lukewarm reception, it wasn't until it got underway that more people actually took part and got involved.

I'd actually expect a Creative Writing thread to start out rather slow before picking up a bit (writing a chapter does take quite a bit more time than a roleplay post usually). But yes, I say make something to separate it from Roleplaying and the Wasteland.

As for sports, I'm going to have to say no because I don't think there are enough people interested. I may turn my vote around if I see at least a large group of people who'd use it.

P.S. Dobbs, that is really how things tend to go with Interest Checks to my knowledge, usually you will get middling results, people really don;t know what to expect and they are looking at a project that may not be in it's final form. It is to see if there is any interest at all, and if it is worth putting time into the endeavor. We can't expect people to go insane over something that have yet to see, so that kinda reaction is one that should be expected. Once people do get a taste of it, more that were on the fence before change their mind and flip.

Now with a with a whole Sub-forum, this is a lot more dangerous yes, cause what if it never gets used? Then we got a whole dead sub-forum. However, I think it is worth the risk for the IW one to be a thing, because it will give Writing threads the place they need to flourish, as they get buried in the Roleplaying Sub-Forum, and they never get eyes on them in the Wasteland, cause lets face it, not many people go in there all that often. I think it is worth the risk to give them that space to grow, and we can see if it can really be a thing here on Reborn.

I know it's not much, but I would love to see Independent Writing receiving a sub-forum! People would get to see the treasures that get obscured by it's surroundings, and there would be more specialized support from the community. Even if some of us won't actually make a writing project of our own, I'm sure people would enjoy reading another's work and giving (constructive) criticism. Perhaps some of the spectators might be helpful to allow and artist's creation to flourish.

Anyways, it seems like some of the Moderators are already willing to support the birth of such a thing, so I'm sure their input and support means more towards bringing about this change, haha.

Voting yes for both. The IW subforum is something that I think will have much use: I for one will be posting and reading there for sure, and even my ever-absent sister has asked if there was a place were she could post some short stories of hers.

I like most sports too and it would be nice to have a place to discuss them, maybe I even post some sailing stuff there - not to mention, I'll be on Rio for the 2016 Olympic Games so the hype will be even more real than usual by then. XD

I included the option for those who honestly don't know how exactly they feel about the proposition so that there would be no forcing people to either choose yes or no., so basically, yes, It's there to cover those who are undecided.

As for how or even if the "Undecided option" will be taken into account for consideration, well that's entirely up to Ame and Ikaru, not me.