4th Gen Shiny Topic

Amethyst

• Administrators

Purple below red is correct. I've been kind of inconsistent about this in the past; I'll be sure and sweep through and fix the other instances. Sorry about that.

I also didn't even think about it for these sprites, good catch. Could you update Arceus Drifloon/blim and the Metagross line accordingly please?

I call Budew garbage because it is garbgage. But those sprites and for Roserade look good.

Giratina and Dialga too.

Darkrai still has the outline problem.

Which Spiritomb/Gallade do people like better?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, in response to that, I figured that it should be more difficult to redo the tile structure and scripting for part of the game than to recolor a handful of tiles and sprites.

Besides, I personally like the look of red flowing to purple and blue flowing to green in the separate cross-wheel prongs on Arceus' image, and red, blue, and green being visible on all of the sprites from the back.

I prefer the first shiny Gallade design that Amethyst posted (with purple only on the emotion-sensing things; after all, before, the ridge on Gallade's head was dark greenish-blue, an entirely different color) and the second Spiritomb recolor.

Edited by Truly Deceptive

Purple below red is correct. I've been kind of inconsistent about this in the past; I'll be sure and sweep through and fix the other instances. Sorry about that.

I also didn't even think about it for these sprites, good catch. Could you update Arceus Drifloon/blim and the Metagross line accordingly please?

I call Budew garbage because it is garbgage. But those sprites and for Roserade look good.

Giratina and Dialga too.

Darkrai still has the outline problem.

Which Spiritomb/Gallade do people like better?

Alright, I´ll try to fix Arceus and maybe I´ll post a fixed Metagross as well. Maybe.

I played around a little and had a few rotom on my previous post, but how about purple instead of yellow? Was just thinking, because the yellow part makes it look a little bit boring and less like a ghost.

Awww, don´t be hatin´ on poor lil´ budew. I like the little bugger, because it´ll evolve into one of my favorite grass-types.

budew_by_sillymuffinme-d4c7mdi.png

You can´t hate something with a face like this! :D

Which outline problem are you talking about? I don´t really get it now. The outer part of Darkai is darker than everything inside, it´s just hard to notice. The black pixel outside are the darkest, just without color.

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

@UnprofessionalAmateur: Just noticed you swapped the colors of Spiritomb's orbs in the most recent recolor; why make them any different from the eyes to begin with?

Now it's difficult for me to choose which I prefer between the second and the third. Also, the difference between the first and the second is that the second has a darker center.

I actually like the white Rotom....Also, just throwing this out there but...I would like to see Froslass shiny color upgraded being my favorite Poke and all >__<

Well, white-rotom looks a bit weird with the yellow electricity. Just sayin´. It also looks a bit too generic. But maybe we could make different colors for the different formes, then we could have one that´d be white (That´d be the damned Rotom-W, which is a big, tanky and burning annoyance for me )

I want to do Frosslass, might do it soon. It´s one of my favorite pokemon and my favorite ice-type overall ^-^ Though I am lacking a few ideas. (Idea: I want to do something pretty.)

The suggestion says black based, so I guess we´ll get a black one. I´ll play around with the colors a bit, maybe something cool will come outta this.

Fixed Metagross-frontsprite:

@UnprofessionalAmateur: Just noticed you swapped the colors of Spiritomb's orbs in the most recent recolor; why make them any different from the eyes to begin with?

Now it's difficult for me to choose which I prefer between the second and the third. Also, the difference between the first and the second is that the second has a darker center.

Spooky enough? ;P

• Administrators

Why Ame hates Budew:

And before this, yeah, basically just a refusal to evolve for her even though she tried really, really hard.

<3

Anyway, for clarity even though I already talked to Ame about it-

[2:43:05 PM] Michael McGlynn: as for the lunar rainbow thing I guess maybe it's not an actual thing
[2:43:17 PM] Michael McGlynn: but I imagined it as just a bunch of shades of white and black
[2:43:29 PM] Amethyst: Hm...
[2:43:36 PM] Amethyst: I am trying to shy away from that as much as possible due to the backlash.
[2:43:40 PM] Michael McGlynn: yeah
[2:44:03 PM] Michael McGlynn: maybe normal rainbow but with... uh
[2:44:05 PM] Michael McGlynn: idk the word
[3:01:37 PM] Michael McGlynn: okay well forget opening GG to confirm; I'm pretty sure the word I'm looking for is saturation
[3:02:01 PM] Amethyst: Less saturation? Possibly.

EDIT: imo, the first Gallade is better if the goal is to match Kirlia/Gardevoir, considering only the parts that were previously red were made purple. It seems weird to me to throw in a color besides maybe a darker gray in keeping with the normal form's...fin...thing just being a darker green. As much as I like monochrome color themes I also think the dark red Spiritomb looks better than either of the ones that had white on them.

Why Ame hates Budew:

And before this, yeah, basically just a refusal to evolve for her even though she tried really, really hard.

<3

Anyway, for clarity even though I already talked to Ame about it-

Ame, why you call Budew Garbage? Do you hate it? Is there a problem? Did it never like you enough to evolve? :P

I dropped a sublte, sublte hint ^^ I already knew, just making a subtle reference to those who know as well (And to annoy Ame, because Budew never liked her *maniac villain laugh*)

ARCEUS BE FIXED PRAISED!

Maybe it just feels appropriate now because 'tis the season and all, but with the shape of Darkrai's head, part of me feels like a Santa Darkrai would be a good idea for it's shiny form.

Ohh, I see someone´s been very naughty this year... I guess I have to punish that naughty person... ~

...I want to do Frosslass, might do it soon. It´s one of my favorite pokemon and my favorite ice-type overall ^-^ Though I am lacking a few ideas. (Idea: I want to do something pretty.)

The suggestion says black based, so I guess we´ll get a black one. I´ll play around with the colors a bit, maybe something cool will come outta this.

...I love you <3. I would love to see a black color Frosslass :D

...I love you <3. I would love to see a black color Frosslass :D

Heeeey, easy now. I´m just repeating what the suggestion-page said and I said I might do it ^-^

...Well, as soon as I´m done with this:

Doing this was a royal pain in my butt. So don´t say I should redo that stuff o___o

Anyway, I´ll wait for you peepz to say something about it before I torture myself with the backsprite.

Though I gotta say, with that pose and that aura, it looks like as if it is saying: "COME AT ME BRO!"

I like Lucario. One of my favorite pokemon... It´s power is maximum ^^

And just because I can... A few Frosslass concepts I thought of:

• Administrators

I played around a little and had a few rotom on my previous post, but how about purple instead of yellow? Was just thinking, because the yellow part makes it look a little bit boring and less like a ghost.

attachicon.gifrotom.png

Purple is better. Not sold on the lightblue though. I also feel like it kind of fades between the two poorly, but also that's just Rotom.

I also agree that we should keep the colours per form... in fact that's mentioned in the original post.

Out of respect for the work you do I'll ignore the heresy in the second half of your post.

Which outline problem are you talking about? I don´t really get it now. The outer part of Darkai is darker than everything inside, it´s just hard to notice. The black pixel outside are the darkest, just without color.

Darkrai's outline has a brightness of 24. The dark blue shade has a brightness of 11. If we make sure that the outline is darker than the color contains, fix the shades and saturation a bit, which is fairly standard stuff, we get something like this.

oqZnI7E.png

I like the new Spiritomb best.

Maybe try Gallade with the black color on the helmet then, since it's supposed to be darker?

Arceus is great, thanks.

Do we prefer black Lucario to red Lucario? Aura is solid.

For Froslass, I like the purple-on pink one best. I also liked the blue/red one before although that was admittedly pretty similar to the chimecho we had.

Purple is better. Not sold on the lightblue though. I also feel like it kind of fades between the two poorly, but also that's just Rotom.

I also agree that we should keep the colours per form... in fact that's mentioned in the original post.

Out of respect for the work you do I'll ignore the heresy in the second half of your post.

Darkrai's outline has a brightness of 24. The dark blue shade has a brightness of 11. If we make sure that the outline is darker than the color contains, fix the shades and saturation a bit, which is fairly standard stuff, we get something like this.

oqZnI7E.png

I like the new Spiritomb best.

Maybe try Gallade with the black color on the helmet then, since it's supposed to be darker?

Arceus is great, thanks.

Do we prefer black Lucario to red Lucario? Aura is solid.

For Froslass, I like the purple-on pink one best. I also liked the blue/red one before although that was admittedly pretty similar to the chimecho we had.

Ok, maybe we could make the colors rotom gets according to its types? The original had this with the electricity, but having the actual objects with this colors might work too.

Heresy? What heresy? I´m all innocent and that stuff.

Alright, thanks. I´ll try to fix Darkrai. I just didn´t notice that and didn´t know what you meant.

Frosslass looks a bit similiar to that chimecho. huh.. I actually looked at a dress a character from a game I played was wearing and thought I liked the color, but in the end I didn´t like it on froslass and I kept replacing concepts anyway, because I was experimenting a little. The bright blue one looked weird to me. But it does look similiar to that chimecho.

Anyway, I´ll try to work on these new. Maybe I´ll also do something about Lucario, if I feel like it.

So I don´t need to do Spiritomb anymore, frontsprite´s done and backsprite is somewhere in this thread.

Here's a few Shinies I have done:

Dialga (pink diamond is based off diancie, monocrome body is based off of common time stop trope)

ZuzZagh.pngml6Vk8L.png

Heatran:

3wkOpFL.png0mEqgTg.png

Burmy

0XUIlrc.pngh3DwQwv.png835gxvh.png2tOHtnl.pngcv3ZkdB.pngXJYOU0Z.png

Wormadam:

Yn0sLzd.pngBMNXBVT.png0u8bfnl.png3FDBgcm.png9BLQrRb.pnguub3exq.png

A minor note: yes, trash Burmy and Wormadam are based off of Trubish/Garbrador. Of corse this means that their shiny sprites will have to based off of Burmy/Wormadam trash

Edited by MetalKing1417

Just spitballing here, and I don't have the artistic spark that everyone else here does, and maybe someone already brought this up and the idea was discarded, but if we already are going with Tuxedo Mask for one Pokemon, should we maybe give Cressalia a shot at being Sailor Moon?

Backsprite to the frontsprite Ame fixed for me (Thanks)

Gallade with black horn-thing.

Dark froslass

Here's a few Shinies I have done:

Dialga (pink diamond is based off diancie, monocrome body is based off of common time stop trope)

ZuzZagh.pngml6Vk8L.png

Heatran:

3wkOpFL.png0mEqgTg.png

Burmy

0XUIlrc.pngh3DwQwv.png835gxvh.png2tOHtnl.pngcv3ZkdB.pngXJYOU0Z.png

Wormadam:

Yn0sLzd.pngBMNXBVT.png0u8bfnl.png3FDBgcm.png9BLQrRb.pnguub3exq.png

A minor note: yes, trash Burmy and Wormadam are based off of Trubish/Garbrador. Of corse this means that their shiny sprites will have to based off of Burmy/Wormadam trash

Dialga looks majestic as f*** ^^ I like it.

Heatran on the other hand looks a bit weird. I think it´d be better off being dark and red. I don´t know why, but this just doesn´t look right.

Burmy and Wormadam look good as well, plus points for garbador/trubbish style you got there.

Just spitballing here, and I don't have the artistic spark that everyone else here does, and maybe someone already brought this up and the idea was discarded, but if we already are going with Tuxedo Mask for one Pokemon, should we maybe give Cressalia a shot at being Sailor Moon?

I think Coragunk and Toxicroak should have Tuxedo Masks (Just kidding)

What do you mean with Cresselia as Sailor Moon? Do we get to see Cresselia in a sailor outfit or something? ^^"

No seriously, I got no idea what you mean now...