4th Gen Shiny Topic

Amethyst

I know there was a Staraptor here somewhere, but Ame asked for an Unfenzant-coloured one. So here is my try:

4lrd4g6p.png

Is this something you guys like?

Also, Ame asked for a pink/black Hippowdon... Didn't know what I expected but see for yourself:

figsohoq.pnglol

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was a Staraptor here somewhere, but Ame asked for an Unfenzant-coloured one. So here is my try:

4lrd4g6p.png

Also, Ame asked for a pink/black Hippowdon... Didn't know what I expected but see for yourself:

figsohoq.pnglol

I think the blue one looks better, but I also like this one. Maybe you could make the green part a bit greener? It doesn´t have to be 1:1, it just has to be recognizable.

Pink/Black Hippowdon looks a bit weird. I think we should go for other colors, maybe other rock/earth colors.

Yeah, I looked at it too now. So it´s actually ok now ^^

And now we got the entire Luxray-family:

attachicon.gif403.pngattachicon.gif403b.png

attachicon.gif404.pngattachicon.gif404b.png

attachicon.gif405.pngattachicon.gif405b.png

One side is bloodier than the other one, but I guess it´s cooler this way.

Lake-Guardians, frontsprites:
I also made one with a more colorful head for Mesprit:

The Powerpuff Girls will beat up Team Meteor :P

4lrd4g6p.png

figsohoq.pnglol

Staraptor looks good, but I really dislike the pink on Hippowdon. Maybe make it Dark blue or Earth brown to mix in with the sand?

Here's shiny Purugly!

Color: Grumpy Cat

K2kGgGP.png2ssKHEy.png

3U3ZhV8.pngxvzY4HR.png

I've altered Purugly's face to maximise grumpiness, while Glameow only had its colors altered to match shiny Purugly.

Reference/Comparison:

yVbyVQd.jpg

Welcome to Glamazonia's grumpiest!

K2kGgGP.png2ssKHEy.png

3U3ZhV8.pngxvzY4HR.png

lol, I'm buying it.

Is this any better? I'm not sure myself, but don't want a colourless shiny again ^^

male2b2ipzgi.png

femalekpvqe5r8.png

E: This is better, isn't it?

malen88yo3zc.png

female8eto5ppn.png

Edited by Calvius

l

male2b2ipzgi.png

femalekpvqe5r8.png

E: This is better, isn't it?

malen88yo3zc.png

female8eto5ppn.png

I don´t think this works. You could get some colors of earth on those, I mean there are a few you could pick.

Could make orange/brown (grand canyon?) or something else. Maybe pick sand-colors or brown rock colors?

And if you pick a color, maybe you could change the sand a little to that color as well?

(Only a little, no need to go overboard yet. It should still be sand, after all)

Maybe also change the eye colors? Mouth should stay like the original.

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Okay, I made the colours more earth-like:

56cxgxpc.pngeap4s2et.png

Which colour would you make the eyes? And I don't know about the mouths original colour. Don't fit into the colour sheme.

I like the red one. That color could be used as a base skin color, but I suggest you add a bit of red to the sand as well as change the mouth color (aside from teeth) to normal again, then it should be fine.

Just make the mouth color slightly darker than the skin, and the eyes could be the same color as the sand.

Edited by Nova

So, should I do a male and a female sprite? Since there is only one shiny sprite but two normal sprites.

E: Has anyone a clue what to do with Buizel? I tried everything, and the version Ame suggested, well ..

e7esh223.png

it looks awful

... so, anyone wih an idea here?

Edited by Calvius

So, should I do a male and a female sprite? Since there is only one shiny sprite but two normal sprites.

E: Has anyone a clue what to do with Buizel? I tried everything, and the version Ame suggested, well ..

e7esh223.png

it looks awful

... so, anyone wih an idea here?

Maybe color the "scarf" like a life buoy, red and white like this:

free-vector-life-buoy-9487.jpg

then color the grey parts in your sprite above white and the blue in a light shade of red?

Really sorry if this is off-topic, but I was playing Reborn today and finally got my shiny meditite, which I evolved quickly into a shiny medicham.

Now, I made that sprite and I´m not entirely happy with what I´ve made.

It looked good here in the forum, but in-game the aura looks faint and weak and even kind of blue-ish, which was not what I was going for. So I played around with the colors, was happy with what I created and now I upload them here, claiming to have fixed what I should´ve done right from the beginning.

So if you agree with my opinion about the aura, Ame, then you can put this one into the download of the next episode instead of the old one with the weaksauce aura.

TL;DR: I RECOLOURED THE AURA FROM A LAST GEN SHINY, LEMME FIX SOME SHIT ^___^

It´s now a bit more towards red/pink, which is actually in the old aura, but a tad bit too weak on my opinion. There was too much grey.

I took those colors from Kiki´s sprite, but the more I think about it: Kiki´s aura is probably only like that because she´s in a weakened state. Can´t say that about a medicham ready to kick ass.

Dialga has been made, and it's majestic as f***, as Unpro would say ^^

ZuzZagh.png

Is this better for Buizel?

pdgysmos.png

E: Here's Lickylicky btw

bln5oyxj.pngza3rwhzh.png

Not only majestic as fuck, but also pretty badass looking. I dig that, I like it. Slap a backsprite in here too and I think it´s done.

I prefer the red Buizel, it looks better. There´s something off about it, but I don´t really know what.

Lickylicky looks retarded, but even the original does. It does have the prevolutions colors, so I can´t say much. Other than that I don´t like Lickylicky :P

Personally I think this would be great for Dialga

Primal_Dialga_art.png

MD:TDS Primal; Dammit this should have been the shiny in the actual Gen 4 games.

This would also be great. Maybe we could mix those and put those orange lines into the one we got now?

I think if there´s no big difference (Color differences for example, or anything you would notice on the first glance) then you can just do one and both genders get the same.
If you do things like for example Luxray, where it´s clearly noticable the mane is shorter on the female, you gotta do both I guess. (I´ll do female Luxray soon... If I get over my lazyness).

Dialga has been made, and it's majestic as f***, as Unpro would say ^^

ZuzZagh.png

Is this better for Buizel?

pdgysmos.png

E: Here's Lickylicky btw

bln5oyxj.pngza3rwhzh.png

Dialga is amazingly majestic ^_^

Buizel look way better that way. Maybe make the white "scarf" parts a little wider?

Lickilicky looks derp. But that's just because it's lickilicky, so don't be offended, the sprite is OK.

It struck me that I did shiny Rampardos, but never made a shiny Cranidos sprite. So here it is:

7Q2dBK9.pngpZt3MQi.png

DNH1GfH.pngIfG4OlY.png

Not only majestic as fuck, but also pretty badass looking. I dig that, I like it. Slap a backsprite in here too and I think it´s done.

The backsprite is already made, I just copied the sprite from a earlier post here ^^

I don't like Lickylicky myself, too, but it has to fit Lickytung, so what should I do ..

I'd do gastrodon and shellos....... if i had any way to sprite and any skill

Gastrodon and Shellos have already been done. If you want to learn how to make sprites, we can help you. Starting with recoloring shinies is a good idea because it is easier than making sprites from scratch. If you want to help us, start by recoloring something we haven't done yet, such as Skuntank. I recommend you download a free paint tool such as GIMP to make the sprites, then upload them (no matter how bad they are) here and I'll help you out ^_^

I'd do gastrodon and shellos....... if i had any way to sprite and any skill

As Nova said: Already done.

But feel free to think of something for a shiny you want to see in-game or follow the suggestions by Ame in the first post of this thread and simply make a shiny yourself. Always takes a while until it clicks, so expect me to critisize a little here ´n there.

You can use any editing program you want, but it should be one that is able to display a transparent background and save it as such, so no MS Paint. Gimp would be an idea, I use it as well and it works quite good, because it lets you recolor everything with for example blue at once.

If you need help with anything, feel free to simply ask.

I think anyone in here had to do a few sprites until it *clicks*, so why say "If I had any skill"? Simply do it ;D

The lake trio:

Next up are the female versions of the Luxray-Family (Kill me now! In fact, where´s that Explosion-TM?)

Looks fine to me. Only Mesprit needs some more difference between the hair and the body.

Yeah, this kinda bugs me a little. The difference between orange and red/pink, they blend pretty badly.

Luxray and prevolutions, female versions:

Electrivire, backsprite:

As reference, here´s the old backsprite and the frontsprite:

Whoever made this shiny did a great job.

Backsprite with 1:1 colors from the frontsprite:

Magnezone:

Weavile, both genders:

Male:

Female:

Suggestion-page said Black/Blue for Pachirisu, which I tried. I don´t really like it, so I thought of something else:

The second Mesprit looks alright, I guess we can keep that.

Luxray looks great, good job!

Magnezone looks a little bit odd, but regarding the fact that Magnton looks odd too, it's okay ^^ Magnezone high as f***

The male Weavile sprite looks too similar to the original sprite I think. I would suggest taking the blue one as the male sprite and doing a dark purple one for the female sprite.

E: Is this Buizel better? Changes are minor but I think it's better now:

ft7mcr8i.png

Edited by Calvius

The second Mesprit looks alright, I guess we can keep that.

Luxray looks great, good job!

Magnezone looks a little bit odd, but regarding the fact that Magnton looks odd too, it's okay ^^ Magnezone high as f***

The male Weavile sprite looks too similar to the original sprite I think. I would suggest taking the blue one as the male sprite and doing a dark purple one for the female sprite.

E: Is this Buizel better? Changes are minor but I think it's better now:

ft7mcr8i.png

Ok, I´ll do the backsprite to that Mesprit. Will be done in a future far away.

High as fuck is good. You never know what those things are thinking anyway, or what effect living in Shade´s ghost-infested power-plant has for them.

Yeah, Weavile´s male is very similiar, but on the other hand it´s based on Sneasel, which has those colors. Making it look differently wouldn´t make that much sense I think. And feather color changing when it evolves is a bit weird as well, especially if the other gender is pretty close to said color.

I like this Buizel, it was already good to begin with ;)

Yeah, this kinda bugs me a little. The difference between orange and red/pink, they blend pretty badly.

attachicon.gifmesprit.png

attachicon.gif481.png

Luxray and prevolutions, female versions:

attachicon.gif403f.pngattachicon.gif403fb.png

attachicon.gif404f.pngattachicon.gif404fb.png

attachicon.gif405f.pngattachicon.gif405fb.png

Electrivire, backsprite:

attachicon.gif466b.png

As reference, here´s the old backsprite and the frontsprite:

attachicon.gif466s.pngattachicon.gif466sb.png

Whoever made this shiny did a great job.

Backsprite with 1:1 colors from the frontsprite:

attachicon.gif466b.png

Magnezone:

attachicon.gif462.pngattachicon.gif462b.png

Weavile, both genders:

Male:

attachicon.gif461.pngattachicon.gif461b.png

Female:

attachicon.gif461f.pngattachicon.gif461fb.png

Suggestion-page said Black/Blue for Pachirisu, which I tried. I don´t really like it, so I thought of something else: attachicon.gifpachi.png

Magnezone looks trippin' :P

Here's the correct Yanmega backsprite, as well as Chingling:

t7OQ674.png

FUYpm5Z.pngYm1egKe.png

Yeah, Weavile´s male is very similiar, but on the other hand it´s based on Sneasel, which has those colors. Making it look differently wouldn´t make that much sense I think. And feather color changing when it evolves is a bit weird as well, especially if the other gender is pretty close to said color.

I like this Buizel, it was already good to begin with ;)

Stupid me. Didn't thought about Weavile being a Evo of a finished shiny. Sorrrrrrry

So I will finish Buizel and his pre-evo then.

Magnezone looks trippin' :P

Here's the correct Yanmega backsprite, as well as Chingling:

t7OQ674.png

FUYpm5Z.pngYm1egKe.png

Slowly but steady we get closer to finishing this gen ^^

Btw. We have two Staraptor flying through this thread. Which one shall we take?

amf7si3y.png3qloo7wr.png