4th Gen Shiny Topic

Amethyst

Stupid me. Didn't thought about Weavile being a Evo of a finished shiny. Sorrrrrrry

So I will finish Buizel and his pre-evo then.

Slowly but steady we get closer to finishing this gen ^^

Btw. We have two Staraptor flying through this thread. Which one shall we take?

amf7si3y.png3qloo7wr.png

I prefer the second, blue one. The left one's eyes are a bit out and it just looks less awesome.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that were my thoughs, too. Let's take the second one, which - good for us - is already made with backsprites and pre-evos.

Okay. Since Ame doesn't update the opening post, I will make a quick review of whats made or has yet to be made:

Torterra-Line: concepts made, not finished

Infernape-Line: concepts made, not finished

Empoleon-Line: finished

Staraptor-Line: finished

Bibarel-Line: finished

Kricketune-Line: finished

Luxray-Line: finished

Roserade-Line: finished

Rampardos-Line: finished

Bastiodon-Line: finished

Wormadam-Line: concepts made, not finished
Mothim- concepts made, not finished

Vespiquen-Line: concepts made, not finished

Pachirisu: concepts made, not finished

Floatzel-Line: finshed

Cherrim-Line: not done

Gastrodon-Line: finished

Ambipom: finished

Drifblim-Line: concepts made, not finished

Lopunny-Line: finished

Mismagius: finished

Honchkrow: finished

Purugly-Line: concepts made, not finished

Chingling: finished

Skuntank-Line: not done

Bronzong-Line: concepts made, not finished

Bonsly: not done

Mime Jr.: not done

Happiny: finished

Chatot: finished

Spiritomb: finished

Garchomp-Line: concepts made, not finished

Munchlax: not done

Lucario-Line: finished

Hippowdon-Line: almost done

Drapion-Line: not done

Toxicroak-Line: finished

Carnivine: finished

Lumineon-Line: finished

Mantyke: finished

Abomasnow-Line: not done

Weavile: finished

Magnezone: finished

Lickilicky: finished

Rhyperior: finished

Tangrowth: finished

Electivire: finished

Magmortar: finished

Togekiss: not done

Yanmega: finished

Leafeon: finished

Glaceon: finished

Gliscor: finished

Mamoswine: finished

PorygonZ: finished

Gallade: finished

Probopass: not done

Dusknoir: finished

Froslass: concepts made, not finished

Rotom: finished

Uxie: finished

Mespirit: finished

Azelf: finished

Dialga: finished

Palkia: concepts made, not finished

Heatran: concepts made, not finished

Regigigas: concepts made, not finished

Giratina: finished

Cresselia: not done

Phione: not done

Manaphy: not done

Darkrai: concepts made, not finished

Shaymin: finished

Arceus: finished normal form, other forms need to be done

Please correct me if I oversaw something.

Edited by Calvius

Soooo...I tried my hand at making a shiny as well, Pachirisu. Ame asked for a blue-black Pachirisu, and this is what I came up on the first attempt.

FinishedShinyPachirisufront5_zps26cfab86

This was a bit more purple than blue, and I didn't really like it, so I changed the purple-blue-ish thing to lighter blue.

FinishedShinyPachirisufront6_zps57cca60e

And after that I made a red-eyed version of both of them for no good reason at all since I like the normal-eyed more

FinishedShinyPachirisufront7_zps284ecbf2FinishedShinyPachirisufront8_zps0ec8766b

Back sprites aren't done yet, since I first wanted to see what you all thought about these. I made some little cosmetic changes as well, most notably around the eyes and the ears. Thinking back now, I maybe should've left the ears untouched. The arms will maybe be something to change as well, since, well, I don't really like them right now. And they're hardly visible too. Oh, and before I forget, I made the cheeks a little duller as well.

Edit: UnprofessionalAmateur beat me to it ;-;

And I like his Pachirisu better as well. Cri. Oh well, I tried.

FinishedShinyPachirisufront7_zps284ecbf2FinishedShinyPachirisufront8_zps0ec8766b

I don't think making the body black will work. But if you want to try it, try to make the outline of the eyes even darker than the body. Also, the cheeks lack some shading.

I would suggest you try and make the Body blue while colouring the fur and ears black. Maybe this will look better.

I don't think making the body black will work. But if you want to try it, try to make the outline of the eyes even darker than the body. Also, the cheeks lack some shading.

I would suggest you try and make the Body blue while colouring the fur and ears black. Maybe this will look better.

ShinyPachirisunormaleyesfixed_zps4f7b96fShinyPachirisuredeyesfixed_zpsfa1cda22.p

This is what I came up with when I changed the outline of the eyes and shaded the cheeks a bit more.

...I think I'm going to try to change around those colors lol.

Actually, the list is getting updated. Though only slowly ^^

Unless nobody has any better concepts, I say those posted and completed could be taken from the list too, right? I posted some, but had to delete quite a few because I thought Ame saved those I completed (Froslass, Darkrai, ect.). So some that might be completed are already missing, because my attachment-space is too small.

So I´m going to re-post all of them and delete those from my previous post so we got them all in a nice place, since I never know what actually got saved or not ^-^

So brace yourselves... Amateur is going bonkers! :D

Better Medicham-Sprite, not-so-weak-aura-version:

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Yeah that Pachirisu... please just scrap it.

ShinyPachirisunormaleyesfixed_zps4f7b96fShinyPachirisuredeyesfixed_zpsfa1cda22.p

This is what I came up with when I changed the outline of the eyes and shaded the cheeks a bit more.

...I think I'm going to try to change around those colors lol.

I don´t really like the idea of a blue/black pachirisu. I tried it myself and it just didn´t look very cool. I also switched the blue and black, didn´t look much better. If you don´t recognize things like mouth and nose on a sprite easily, then this means the colors don´t blend very vell. It´d be better to brighten it up or use a different color for the main-body alltogether. If the concept from the suggestion doesn´t look cool, think up something by yourself ;)

So I'm going to put here all my "final" work too, like Amateur did:

7Q2dBK9.pngpZt3MQi.png

DNH1GfH.pngIfG4OlY.png

3U3ZhV8.pngxvzY4HR.png

K2kGgGP.png2ssKHEy.png

RnZzs7U.pngKsRBuvf.pngMYN5pfV.pngic1P8WI.png

0SceQmq.pngfxyoz2u.png

FUYpm5Z.pngYm1egKe.png

t7OQ674.pngqtFZ6a4.png

ISEH0VU.pngkLc2Hp1.png

onSdBib.pngtdSlOl0.png

Wgpv9Ht.pngp61kfpk.pngupuHjGE.pngeMDIPF5.png

5SS0n4g.pngZMnfLlu.png

pcodjaH.pngceMhoZJ.png(the middle "head-feather" is green on one side and purple on the other so 3 feathers can still form 4 Reborn colors ^_^)

Edited by Nova

So I'm going to put here all my "final" work too, like Amateur did:

7Q2dBK9.pngpZt3MQi.png

DNH1GfH.pngIfG4OlY.png

3U3ZhV8.pngxvzY4HR.png

K2kGgGP.png2ssKHEy.png

RnZzs7U.pngKsRBuvf.pngMYN5pfV.pngic1P8WI.png

0SceQmq.pngfxyoz2u.png

FUYpm5Z.pngYm1egKe.png

t7OQ674.pngqtFZ6a4.png

ISEH0VU.pngkLc2Hp1.png

onSdBib.pngtdSlOl0.png

Wgpv9Ht.pngp61kfpk.pngupuHjGE.pngeMDIPF5.png

Yeah, I think it´s good if we do this. I got rid of some junk in my attachments and this way it´ll be easier to sort out which has to be done yet or not.

So I might as well just do the same:

mvx5pfybs.png2ymnuioi.pngf27qlbp7b.png5ezdj5on.png

znwawuvj.png4yeztaz9.png

nf9kl22s.pngkl6sdapx.png

m2sph4v3.png3ieyprpi.png

hx3lo4my.pngothers will follow

mkxm5tgyd.png9da534m7.pngfggq2ktj5.pngu5t57giq.png

mokmk4slv.pngmiyswbva.pngfyjh6q287.pngx7oix4dr.png

mn69srv7h.pngm6vccefg.pngfwa2ptmws.pngru65l62o.png

mogsdopyn.pngkajvib3d.pngffmpjlpki.pngnpqfmoqa.png

mrsiybg3e.png5izdgx2f.pngfmjwjfv4k.pngtjte7gno.png

uckpb9nm.pngo353tevv.png

g9gnounb.pngnj7dqibm.png

m6wl66vas.pngx5ciw9g5.pngfta4d2cls.png9ymrgj7t.png

bjrjym6o.png backsprite will follow

Next on my list will be the backsprites and pre-evos that are missing from me.

Edited by Calvius

• Veterans

We've already done most of the work in like what....10 pages :o.

This is like less than 10 days :P

Also,the Gible line should match Garchomp's shiny right?

Edited by Can't Type

We've already done most of the work in like what....10 pages :o.

This is like less than 10 days :P

Also,the Gible line should match Garchomp's shiny right?

We're a hard-working team :)

I've added Munchlax and Togekiss to my list, check them out in my last post!

And yes, Gible should match the Garchomp line ^_^

I tried my hand at making a shiny Munchlax, and now Nova ninja'd me ;-;

Oh well, might as well post the little guy here.

ShinyMunchlaxdone_zps7a98f014.png

It's still a big rough around the edges (read as very) because I didn't have much time. I plan on making it better tomorrow though...well, if you guys think it's kinda good, that is. And apparently most of his claws are transparent instead of white. Awesome.

• Veterans

It's still a big rough around the edges (read as very) because I didn't have much time. I plan on making it better tomorrow though...well, if you guys think it's kinda good, that is. And apparently most of his claws are transparent instead of white. Awesome.

It looks like you took Snorlax's face and Glued it on Munchlax XD,I love it.Improvement agogo!

:ph34r: :feelsgd:

He's cute, I'll give you that :)

• Administrators

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"this thread is the most popular on the forum right now

but where is ame with her feedback??"

idk probably being a procrastinating piece of shit or something

2tc7LEg.png

I think we can use this grass form with the garbodor trash form, even if it means ditching the seasons. I don't think we've seen a good ground one yet though. someone mentioned Apophyll with it-- it could be ash coloured instead of brown, maybe with browned other bits?

OR. idea.

what if we recolor the Garbodor trash form to match the wasteland, we can color this grass form like route 1 (lighter green + red flowers) and wintery mothim, so

grass form = route 1

ground form = apophyll

trash form = wasteland

mothim = ametrine

glaceon accepted

with rhyperior i do think we should stick to black and silver because that's what the previous evolutions have established, and they tend to go over fairly well themselves.

silver and gold bastion is all right maybe, but we need darker colors of both and in higher contrast.

bbff27be81524af7a753321aa2cc7db8.png

This is good. Let's get a darker outline on the white-top, and dor the moss. Let's try an actual moss colour, a gray, or a dim gold

DmMqHgS.png

Let's change the purple to red and this will be good. The reason is because people are currently used to looking for a red mark on combee, and that's a bit more apparent than purple anyway.

Croagunk is good.

those gastrodon...s are gorgeous (not something i thought i'd ever say about gastrodon.....). auto-win. I also like how you opted for a light color on the outline, that perfectly completes the slime look; very very well done.

c1f5a63d32ec43ef868dbd03f3ab1281.png

I think we were going for Black on Gliscor, but do we prefer lighter?

6ZJdrIG.png

Looking good, I think. One, fix up the spots on the tails. Two, I think we need to add a transition grey between the black and white so it's not as harsh. The back sprite has this already in a sense, but it's very very faint. Make it more intermediary between the black/white and apply similar logic to the front sprite... if it doesn't have that already and it's just too light to tell.....

Fineon looks good though.

100% down for powerpuff lake trio

21ed7e9ac7074d6187b87c352761f044.png

Blue doesn't really mix. Try red?

Bidoof line....... i'll take it

rxKB0CB.png

so i know i was all on board with bluejay, but this actually is not unfezant staraptor

this is DC Robin Staraptor

and I really like it.

Let's fix up the eye and take down that lightest shade of green some brightness and I want to see if it goes over better that way.

2b3d3c7ab3f24ceab55ad33a72de5506.png

I don't mind the concept, but we can do better here. First, Purugly-- the shade of brown right on the top of its head is too highly saturated. Take the saturation down and brightness just a little bit. Same with the bottom of its legs, if that isn't the same shade already.

The light blue eyes might have to go, they don't fit. Go ahead and keep them white. For both Purugly and Glameow also take the ear/eye lid color, move it further to red and decrease the brightness. This will help Glameow's face stand out a little more because we're losing detail in the white currently.

a20b6697130146deb46c6a6cc6195bf1.png

Let's try the body whiter, and the pink bits darker. As it is they kind of fade around the same brightness right now, which looks awkward.

I do think blue buizel is the way to go, we just have to figure out how to arrange the surrounding colors to look good. Drop the yellow. Add another cool colour if you have to. Keep the body white. The collar and fins can be the off-colours.

Yanmega and Chingling accepted.

Black/blue Pachirisu will work, it just needs to be executed correctly. All of the outlines/peripheral shades weren't addressed in those examples. We can go with the more naturally squirrel looking one if most people prefer though.

Shinx line-

For Shinx, the red-grey in its ears transitions poorly. There are some fading pixels in place here already, just set the shade to a mediating color.

For Luxio and Luxray they are mostly very good but the very darkest shade of red for both of them is too saturated. We're close, just take that shade down a little OR make the next darkest one a little more saturated to fade into it.

Drifline still needs purple-green correction

We can take that Spiritomb. Riolu line, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Electivire too.

Not 100% on Rotom. Was there a consensus-- are we going black for these too?

Bubbles and Buttercup are good-- where's Blossom?

The Heatran sprites don't really match for shades of red-- the frontsprite is better here.

Hippowdon is good. The pink thing was a reference to the fact that hippos sweat pink. This is much better though.

EztJC4w.png

Only nitpick here is that lighter-grey spot color fades in too much. Can we either make that a little darker, or maybe give it some redness like the color of the skin but also darker?

Cranidos line- All right, but let's reduce the saturation for both of the main colors here. It's a bit strong atm.

I'll accept Kricketune line.

For Mismagius let's get the body a purer black.

This Honchkrow isn't bad but I -know- we had one before. Can someone peruse, probably the Gen 2 thread, so we can compare?

Aaaaand chatot....... Taka or not, I'm not feeling the yellow on purple and tbh making a pokemon's shiny match its trainer feels a little forced to me.

jN89tYc.png

The black pixels are harsh, especially around the ears, and we're losing the eyes. Let's see if we can get the eyes back with some darker pixels around them, but not like surprised-goth-girl dark. For the outline pixels, the dark black outlines really stand out against the white, so choose a dark grey to to replace those with. As we move onto the shadowed part of the body, going downwards, the black is fine (for the frontsprite) and for the backsprite the ears are really the only issue.

LXuOK78.png

Firstly, the transition pixels around the green triangles are being neglected. Make them fade into the grey. Secondly, turn down the saturation on the darker shades for pretty much all of the RBGP colors. Finally there look to be some junk pixels around the red feather of the front sprite.

Gible/Gabite- Just reduce the saturation of the red/yellow a bit and they'll be fine.

Red_Squirrel_-_Lazienki.JPG

How about this for Pachirisu?

Munchlax is supposed to be matching shiny Snorlax, which is white. Look it up in the game folder ^-^

It wouldn´t make much sense if it has another color. I don´t really know about the face though, not sure if I like it, but if everyone else is ok with it, I say try it.

Gible

TrrQNnJ.png?1

Gabite

WMRqI6y.png?1

Back Sprites coming later.

This looks cool, I like it.It´s a bit too similiar to the original for my taste, but there isn´t much that is looking better than the garchomp you made, so I guess we go with that.

• Veterans

All Hail the Chomps

All for the Greatest Dragon ever created!

On a more serious note i'll be working on Bronzong Line next....Out!

Edited by Can't Type

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"this thread is the most popular on the forum right now

but where is ame with her feedback??"

idk probably being a procrastinating piece of shit or something

2tc7LEg.png

I think we can use this grass form with the garbodor trash form, even if it means ditching the seasons. I don't think we've seen a good ground one yet though. someone mentioned Apophyll with it-- it could be ash coloured instead of brown, maybe with browned other bits?

OR. idea.

what if we recolor the Garbodor trash form to match the wasteland, we can color this grass form like route 1 (lighter green + red flowers) and wintery mothim, so

grass form = route 1

ground form = apophyll

trash form = wasteland

mothim = ametrine

glaceon accepted

with rhyperior i do think we should stick to black and silver because that's what the previous evolutions have established, and they tend to go over fairly well themselves.

silver and gold bastion is all right maybe, but we need darker colors of both and in higher contrast.

bbff27be81524af7a753321aa2cc7db8.png

This is good. Let's get a darker outline on the white-top, and dor the moss. Let's try an actual moss colour, a gray, or a dim gold

DmMqHgS.png

Let's change the purple to red and this will be good. The reason is because people are currently used to looking for a red mark on combee, and that's a bit more apparent than purple anyway.

Croagunk is good.

those gastrodon...s are gorgeous (not something i thought i'd ever say about gastrodon.....). auto-win. I also like how you opted for a light color on the outline, that perfectly completes the slime look; very very well done.

c1f5a63d32ec43ef868dbd03f3ab1281.png

I think we were going for Black on Gliscor, but do we prefer lighter?

6ZJdrIG.png

Looking good, I think. One, fix up the spots on the tails. Two, I think we need to add a transition grey between the black and white so it's not as harsh. The back sprite has this already in a sense, but it's very very faint. Make it more intermediary between the black/white and apply similar logic to the front sprite... if it doesn't have that already and it's just too light to tell.....

Fineon looks good though.

100% down for powerpuff lake trio

21ed7e9ac7074d6187b87c352761f044.png

Blue doesn't really mix. Try red?

Bidoof line....... i'll take it

rxKB0CB.png

so i know i was all on board with bluejay, but this actually is not unfezant staraptor

this is DC Robin Staraptor

and I really like it.

Let's fix up the eye and take down that lightest shade of green some brightness and I want to see if it goes over better that way.

2b3d3c7ab3f24ceab55ad33a72de5506.png

I don't mind the concept, but we can do better here. First, Purugly-- the shade of brown right on the top of its head is too highly saturated. Take the saturation down and brightness just a little bit. Same with the bottom of its legs, if that isn't the same shade already.

The light blue eyes might have to go, they don't fit. Go ahead and keep them white. For both Purugly and Glameow also take the ear/eye lid color, move it further to red and decrease the brightness. This will help Glameow's face stand out a little more because we're losing detail in the white currently.

a20b6697130146deb46c6a6cc6195bf1.png

Let's try the body whiter, and the pink bits darker. As it is they kind of fade around the same brightness right now, which looks awkward.

I do think blue buizel is the way to go, we just have to figure out how to arrange the surrounding colors to look good. Drop the yellow. Add another cool colour if you have to. Keep the body white. The collar and fins can be the off-colours.

Yanmega and Chingling accepted.

Black/blue Pachirisu will work, it just needs to be executed correctly. All of the outlines/peripheral shades weren't addressed in those examples. We can go with the more naturally squirrel looking one if most people prefer though.

Shinx line-

For Shinx, the red-grey in its ears transitions poorly. There are some fading pixels in place here already, just set the shade to a mediating color.

For Luxio and Luxray they are mostly very good but the very darkest shade of red for both of them is too saturated. We're close, just take that shade down a little OR make the next darkest one a little more saturated to fade into it.

Drifline still needs purple-green correction

We can take that Spiritomb. Riolu line, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Electivire too.

Not 100% on Rotom. Was there a consensus-- are we going black for these too?

Bubbles and Buttercup are good-- where's Blossom?

The Heatran sprites don't really match for shades of red-- the frontsprite is better here.

Hippowdon is good. The pink thing was a reference to the fact that hippos sweat pink. This is much better though.

EztJC4w.png

Only nitpick here is that lighter-grey spot color fades in too much. Can we either make that a little darker, or maybe give it some redness like the color of the skin but also darker?

Cranidos line- All right, but let's reduce the saturation for both of the main colors here. It's a bit strong atm.

I'll accept Kricketune line.

For Mismagius let's get the body a purer black.

This Honchkrow isn't bad but I -know- we had one before. Can someone peruse, probably the Gen 2 thread, so we can compare?

Aaaaand chatot....... Taka or not, I'm not feeling the yellow on purple and tbh making a pokemon's shiny match its trainer feels a little forced to me.

jN89tYc.png

The black pixels are harsh, especially around the ears, and we're losing the eyes. Let's see if we can get the eyes back with some darker pixels around them, but not like surprised-goth-girl dark. For the outline pixels, the dark black outlines really stand out against the white, so choose a dark grey to to replace those with. As we move onto the shadowed part of the body, going downwards, the black is fine (for the frontsprite) and for the backsprite the ears are really the only issue.

LXuOK78.png

Firstly, the transition pixels around the green triangles are being neglected. Make them fade into the grey. Secondly, turn down the saturation on the darker shades for pretty much all of the RBGP colors. Finally there look to be some junk pixels around the red feather of the front sprite.

Gible/Gabite- Just reduce the saturation of the red/yellow a bit and they'll be fine.

Wow, Ame coming through.

I'm just going to read all that and fix it tomorrow, OK?