What Types Do You Use?

Ground is my type of choice, really. Gen 5 was a blast for me because Excadrill was easy to obtain. Mamoswine was, and is still one of my faves. I can't wait till I finally unlock breeding in reborn so I can get one.

In most games i use the first 6 (relatively) cool Pokemon i encounter but i always have at least 1 Steel and 1 Dragon type (those are my favorite), in Reborn my team is: Gyarados, Blaziken, Tyrantrum, Metagross, Flygon and Noivern.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

I always try to get a Water type, because I like Surf and it would help if my surfer is part of my battle team. Most of the time, Water is already covered as my starter. Other than that, there's not really a type I feel a compulsion to always use, but I've always happened to have a Psychic type except in Kanto.

Edited by StrawberryLoveIntervention

• 1 month later...

I generally try to fill up a water/fire/grass core every game. the other few slots are up to what's available, but I favor bulky mons over sweepers unless they're blisteringly fast. I cannot not use any steel type I find, and dragon and poison are welcome too.

Edited by doombotmecha

I always start with the Water starter, and depending on if it's Mudkip/Empoleon or not I'll probably replace it.

I am compulsive obsessive with Dual typing. I need at least 12 types on my team. I have two Pokemon that share a type? One of you will have to go. Mostly before starting the game(I played Blue, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum on my phone, Black on my laptop) I look up which pokemon are available and go for that exact team, thinking it will work fantastic.

Water and Grass are very important to me, Fire not so much, I've done runs without fire types because I can cover their strengths with other types. When I do however, Houndoom is my go-to Pokemon.

The only exception I've made about my Dual-clause is Whimsicott in Black, because look at it!

whimsicott.gif

And then Gen 6 answered my prayers and made it a Dual type :D

Edited by Helia

i normally use a :

A)Fire type (only starters for fire type,( because all the other fire types is so uncool :P), but they play big role in roster)

B)Fighting type(exept if i use a fire/fighting type like Blaziken or Infernape ,so no use for B exept if it is Lucario)

C)Dragon type (Garchomp, Altaria or Haxorus, depend on my mood i may use and Dragonite)

D)Psyhic type (not necessarly a pshychic alone but phyhic/fairy or psychic/fighting too)

E)Flying type

F)The sixth member is always random depend on region but i normally choose between electric(Pikachu or Sinx), gost (like Dusknoir), and dark type(like Umbreon)

I NEVER USE OR RARELY USE :Grass, Water, Ice, Ground, Poison, Normal, Fairy(exept if it is Gardevoir), especially bug types,rock and steal.(i have some interests of 1-2 pokemon of each type but i catch them rarely, exept the big roster of them in reborn)

Edited by Pausaunias

well always a water and flying type for travel reasons. I pretty much just go after pokemon I prefer aesthetically, and apparently my concept of what seems cool lines up with game freak's idea of what a strong pokemon should look like. I tend to gravitate towards the pseudo legendaries(though I was disappointed with dragonite, preferred his early stages). Sometimes it leaves me with a very unbalanced team but eh thats life

Fighting

Ground

Grass

Electric

Water

Flying

During most story playthroughs water and flying are non negotiables (as I don't usually like slaving a normal type for HMs like that. If I can help it, I try to run two fighting types.

I like Psychic, Dark, and Ghost types, but I don't find them very useful. My Rock types are usually dual Ground, and loathe fairies. Dragon types usually are dual flying (Salamence, Dragonite)

Poisons are pretty interesting - but I don't usually see them (unless my grass is like Victreebel or something.) on my roster. If it's not Magnezone, steels generally don't make it on my team.

(the only exception-exception is Gardevoir. If that thing is available early, it's on my roster.)

Bug is a big one for me, it manages to find its way onto many of my teams. Grass is another one, and flying, those have plenty of pokemon that I like in them. Oh and normal.

Nations ruined ice for me, and I've never been big on dragons. I also don't seem to use many fire types.