Trickiness!

I'll admit that I have a fondness for Trick Room - something several league leaders might agree with XD

Alas, playing it in a water monotype is harder than doing so for psychic or ghost, SO.

I decided to try and use Fake Out to make sure my Trick Room opened :D Specifically, I used TWO Fake Outs to make sure I got my Room opened, hurr hurr!

---

I use this tactic in triples, with the following opening line-up.

-

Ludicolo

Fake Out
Bullet Seed
Ice Punch
Leech Seed

-

Slowbro

Psychic
Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Trick Room

-

Blastoise

Fake Out
Surf
Ice Beam
Roar

---

Usually it works, since most players out there don't expect double Fake Outs! :D And then the Trick Room opens, which adds to the fun XD

ESPECIALLY handy for dealing with the likes of excadrill, smeargle and darkrai.

My backup Trick Room piece is usually jellicent or slowbro (starmie's an option, but is too fast for optimum Trick Room damage).

Just my suggestion on how to ensure that the Trick Room gets set up :)

It's basically made for triples..... I'd like to see it incorporated for doubles (obviously it's just 1 fake out.... but how.......) then singles its just broken

Haha, in singles I rarely run TR... just in doubles or triples.

As you've said, in doubles I only get one Fake Out, but it'll have to do (it's a rare opponent that opens with two sleep-inducers).

Hmm, come to think of it, my doubles teams have been more to Water/Ice than TR.

• Administrators
It's neat that you've figured this out; it's the same strategy Kiki/Victoria use in their triples teams for the league. Though to see how it applies to a different typeset is interesting as well.

[quote name='Amethyst' timestamp='1307297228' post='15321']
It's neat that you've figured this out; it's the same strategy Kiki/Victoria use in their triples teams for the league. Though to see how it applies to a different typeset is interesting as well.
[/quote]

Really? Never seen fighting types using TR before :D

Water's hard to set up TR in, not like rock/psychic/steel/ghost/fighting... Most players tend to get suspicious of a slowbro/slowking in triples XD

I tend to use it with a physical empoleon - switching empoleon into center-spot and using Rock Slide can be painful if done right.

Another variant of this tactic involves using Hail on the water-types instead of TR, but I maintain the low speed in favor of defense/attack.