Those bastard eggs must die ~

It's me again XD

As some of you might have figured from my previous posts in this part of the forums, I enjoy running water monotype teams :D Unfortunately, that leaves me with one major problem - those bastard eggs (a.k.a blissey and eviolite chansey).

Cloyster offered a means of killing them, but their defenses - weaker, but nonetheless capable - often managed to wall even a Shell Smash/Icicle Spear combination.

At first, I used to use my physical empoleon to finish them:

-

Pang-Pang (Empoleon) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 212 Atk / 248 Def / 48 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

-

Alas, while he was immune to the Toxic that the bastard eggs usually carried on them, Thunder Wave was something that allowed them to parahax him before finishing him with Seismic Toss (needed the Swords Dance at least twice to make Brick Break really hurt).

So I finally decided to try a move that I usually avoided for its stat-reducing nature; Superpower.

-

Moivre (Swampert) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Damp
EVs: 136 Atk / 176 Def / 84 SDef / 112 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Curse

---

SO. Swampert is immune to Thunder Wave, which nulls the parahax thing (I'm seriously unlucky with parahax). Lum Berry ensures that he gets at least one Curse in without status ailments, and before the eggs can usually get a second Toxic up, he usually smacks them with a +1 Superpower (since I minimize defense on this swampert, that's a 300+ Atk stat after the Curse). Since the eggs are usually damned slow, even with a -1 drop on Spd I can hit first.

The reason why this works is because most players that run blissey/chansey forget that swampert can learn Superpower; I assume that they think I'm Cursing to prime swampert for a Waterfall/Stone Edge/Earthquake.

My stats for Atk/Def get dropped, but the Curse compensates for that :D This method also works for dealing with ferrothorn, though I typically try to get two Curses in for that.

To counter the speed drop, I simply swap out (if needed). My base stats are usually capable of withstanding an Earthquake from excadrill if need be thanks to swampert's bulk, and so that blasted mole also goes down with one Superpower/Earthquake.

Another notorious opponent that this swampert has taken down is volcarona - surprisingly annoying for my teams since I don't run entry hazards that often.

Thoughts?

• Administrators
Personally I have to rely on Politoed's Perish Song to down these things, which usually means stalling out the enemy team until they're the last standing. Definitely not the best solution, but these are pretty creative. Alternatively, I think the popular Hydration abusers can out-stall them, but that's also not a preferable plan...

You could also trick-scarf from Rotom- there might be something better yet than Rotom, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Starmie too, Specs though instead.

Oh, and there's also that Taunt-Jellicent set Bullet posted...

[quote name='Amethyst' timestamp='1307601767' post='15610']
Personally I have to rely on Politoed's Perish Song to down these things, which usually means stalling out the enemy team until they're the last standing. Definitely not the best solution, but these are pretty creative. Alternatively, I think the popular Hydration abusers can out-stall them, but that's also not a preferable plan...

You could also trick-scarf from Rotom- there might be something better yet than Rotom, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Starmie too, Specs though instead.

Oh, and there's also that Taunt-Jellicent set Bullet posted...
[/quote]

Haha, I rarely run politoed, since I'm having fun trying out the other water types out there :D So I'm actually pretty clueless about Hydration and Rain concepts :o

I did use lapras to Perish Song and Block them before, though - didn't work too well unless they actually stayed in the battle for the Block. Whirlpool was another option, but it was unpredictable. The only time this really worked was in doubles, when I used gastrodon to Block and lapras to Perish Song at the same time.

My ghost teams tend to handle them better, ironically - sableye can rape a blissey/chansey with Toxic/Taunt/Mean Look to stall them to death.

@ Dragonz996 - That's the fun part; trying to beat them using a water monotype :D

On the topiic of poliwrath, I *have* tried it - problem is the prevalence of priority moves and the opponent swapping out the egg before I can swipe it. Plus, poliwrath's defenses aren't anything worth writing home about.

Lapras with Curse is also alright, but has more type weaknesses as opposed to swampert - Ice Shard's priority is a plus, though.

That's the reason why I brought up the swampert concept to begin with - it's proven itself to be relatively useful on the PBC/Smogon/PO servers thanks to its obscurity :D