Under rated Pokemon

jamesw0102

I'd say... Delphox. People tend to forget about it because Chesnaught (who's not that much better, depending on what you use it for) is a bulky ass bulk bulker and Greninja is, well, you know what Greninja is, and what it does. But Delphox is decently fast and special, just work around it so you can have a calm mind advantage and, if possible, speed boost and iron defense; I think is a pokemon that really benefits from a baton pass team.

I'd also say... Clefable. People tend to user as a wish passer, but this thing is a special monster. A team with a baton passing Scolipede that can offer speed boosts and iron defenses, plus clefairy having calm mind and the proper moves... it wrecks you, it wrecks me, it wrecks the whole universe and its mother.

I'd also also say... Gourgeist. If switched into a physical attacker, super-effective physical hits will do at most 65% of damage (in the case of strong STABs like Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Foul Play, etc.), but everything else that is physical does so little that you'll be laughin in your foe's face. Leech seed for recovery and trick-or-treat for some fun.

• Global Mods

Most people think Zubat is annoying, but I think it's cute. It looks like a beanie baby. I also think the Vanillite line is cute, but a lot of people don't seem to like them because they're based off of ice cream. But I like ice cream.

I don't find Mr. Mime and Jynx creepy.

I like Lickitung, which doesn't seem like it gets a lot of attention.

I'd also say... Clefable. People tend to user as a wish passer, but this thing is a special monster. A team with a baton passing Scolipede that can offer speed boosts and iron defenses, plus clefairy having calm mind and the proper moves... it wrecks you, it wrecks me, it wrecks the whole universe and its mother.

And then you face the one person in the galaxy who uses a Weezing with clear smog (apart from my "two-face" in poison mono).

Underrated? For Reborn? Swoobat. Yeah, Ame wants to exterminate the Woobats, but Swoobat killed Samson for me, when everything else died.

Moar underrated pokemanz? Seviper. Hits quite hard actually. Too bad it has such a shallow movepool.

Also...

Pikablu

lolwut?

Oh you are expecting a real pokemon

So glitch pokemon are not good enough for you

You... glitch-ist

Pikablu is underrated k?

Ok no more joke

More joke

Now seriously

Haven't decided yet

Meteor Grunt Hilda

Wait that's not a pokemon.

Or.. is it?

Underrated pokemon, aka pokemon called useless in normal games but useful in Reborn

Can't think of any

Ok perhaps...

Sandslash

Glop and Gob.

2expl6f.jpg
1zpleaf.jpg
In particular, Gob; given a great many people in the Pokémon community either consider it to be an awful design or a stupid concept. Muk and Garbodor, I feel are incredibly under rated; and these two are by far some of my favourite Pokémon in existence.

Glop and Gob.

2expl6f.jpg

1zpleaf.jpg

In particular, Gob; given a great many people in the Pokémon community either consider it to be an awful design or a stupid concept. Muk and Garbodor, I feel are incredibly under rated; and these two are by far some of my favourite Pokémon in existence.

True people don't use those pokemon that much

This is the Pokémon Fan Club, so I would assume underrated would be underrated in general.

There's lots of Pokémon that are underrated in general, and too many to count, but I would like to submit Crobat as well

During a story campaign in the later games, Crobat eliminates the need for a steel type Pokémon completely, unless you like that sort of thing.

All around, it's super fast, and given a choice band in competitive play it can cause some serious pain. It also can be used as a pivot and defogger.

1zpleaf.jpg

Hey wait, so are you the person who posted that topic called "One Man's Trash" or something a while back?

I read it when I first joined :P Thanks to your advice, I'm not still at the first PULSE Tangrowth Battle. XD

Anyway, I agree with your post, for reasons listed above. I never really hated his design either, he always makes me smile because of that silly expression on his face. He's all like "DERP, WHAT AM I DOING"

I'm finding that Magcargo isn't all that bad either. He'll probably fade away into the "Unused" box in my PC as I progress through the game (4x Weakness to Water + 4x Weakness to Ground + 30 Speed = UGH), but he's good to have around, for now. Butterfree is alright as well, practically swept Shelly for me in conjunction with Pansear (lol what is a sleep clause). Crobat's pretty good for such a common Pokemon, but I think it's been getting the love it deserves more recently.

But my recent favorite has to be Escavalier, especially in Reborn. Its defenses are pretty good, and her only weakness is fire. Its attack is huge and Iron Head and X-Scissor are all good moves. Not sure how good the coverage is though, I haven't used it that much outside of Chrysolia forest and against Noel's Wigglytuff. The only thing really holding it back is base 20 speed, which is tied with Ferrothorn for the lowest of all fully-evolved Pokemon, ever. Ouch.

Mike...Manaphy isn't underrated...it's in OU for a reason....It's just terrible until you Tail Glow.

...and M-Pinsir isn't disrespected in the circles -I- hang out in either.

http://stats.pokemon-online.eu/ORAS%20OU/index.html

Just the most convenient list I've come across.

Mega Pinsir - 58th

Manaphy - 86th

I've used both of them on multiple occasions and they've often been the team MVP. I feel like they should be higher up than they are. Understand if you don't feel the same way. Didn't necessarily mean they were 'disrespected'.

490.gif

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Just a quick set. Manaphy can do wonders in OU.

In my opinion Trevenant > Gourgeist

Ghost Tree is much better than Jack-o-Lantern

Harvest does absolute wonders for it as a wall.

Looking at Tiers alone Trevenant is a healthy UnderUsed Pokémon, while Gourgeist is a NU Pokémon who can choose from either scouting your opponent's held item, being unable to be put to sleep (which happens anyway if by a powder move) and being able to randomly pick up items outside of battle.

I keep hearing that good crap about how Virizion is bad. Virizion is a Pokemon that has the opportunity to be mixed or have a SpAttk or Attk set, something that your opponent won't know until they allow Virizion to use a set-up move. It gets Calm Mind, which not only boosts it's SpAttk, -but- it's SpDef, which makes it able to take hits better as well.

Synthesis allows it to heal up lots of health, being a solid recovery move that pairs well with Calm Mind, especially when the Physical attackers are out of the way.

Giga Drain can really hurt the opponent, AND heal Virizion.

Focus Blast is it's go-to fighting STAB, a powerful attack in it's own right that comes with perhaps the special sets only drawback, the accuracy chance, making Special Virizion the more popular of the sets.

Physical Virizion gets access to Swords Dance, which sharply boosts it's Attack stat, along with Leaf Blade and Sacred Sword/Close Combat for stabs, all of which are great attacks. it also gets access to Zen Headbutt, which threatens incoming Poisons and opposing Fighting types. Substitute is the only reliable form of staying power for this set though, as it allows Virizion to get nice and powerful and then usually outspeed the opponent for an easy KO. Synthesis is a waste on this set due to defenses not being up to par and being unable to due to lack of defense boosting moves.