Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay: OOC/Signups [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

Tomas Elliot

It was night. I was tired and I had just gotten to Florence. Needless to say, i had not checked the OOC thread and it did not click. That being said, Setsuna would do what I wrote. :P

I just hope this doesn't mean that the Setsuna - Dominic duo has to split up. I have kinda been shipping them. :(

Depends on what Zechs do. I could just kill you both, you would forget all the info you acquired, but not the time spent together... Also I approve of this particular shipping for... Reasons.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the last post is OK... I know I was talking with Zander, but... as Monika finished talking she saw Roy and changed her mind. So, the conversation has been cut off... Maybe Zander could answer if he catches up with Roy, or call the two back.

I hope the last post is OK... I know I was talking with Zander, but... as Monika finished talking she saw Roy and changed her mind. So, the conversation has been cut off... Maybe Zander could answer if he catches up with Roy, or call the two back.

At this point, I've already made an important action, I don't think I can do any actions. He's already into the alleyway.

Wait Commander, don't make your post an important action yet. I want to say something in dialogue first (besides, we can have a small exchange before the next update)

I changed some words... I hope it's alright.

Disclaimer: I am assuming that Monika meets Zander already in the alleyway (as you said), but not near the end, where the duelist is, probably. (Well, now that we arw in the alleyway, the duelist could either spot us, or he could stay near the end of the alleyway. Since we are not near the end, probably we can't see him...)

Edited by Cyaloom

People really need to learn the noble art of agreeing thir next move with others before posting. We do have private messages in this forum...

Also Red, that "Is it like mine?" line is something I really don't like: you suddenly found yourself with a blank card in your hand, why would you ever think that it might have something to do with a card that was referred to with a full name? Minor as it is, that's still an example of metagaming...

Tomas, um. You forgot about me ( I'm interacting with the card shop owner) Yes, I looked back to SilverJakler last interaction with the owner so no event going on. And 1 more for some reason, I can't duel but I can watch.

Edited by OmegaRa1der

People really need to learn the noble art of agreeing thir next move with others before posting. We do have private messages in this forum...

Also Red, that "Is it like mine?" line is something I really don't like: you suddenly found yourself with a blank card in your hand, why would you ever think that it might have something to do with a card that was referred to with a full name? Minor as it is, that's still an example of metagaming...

Honestly, I didn't think it was a big deal as both Luna and Will are going to the park one way or another (though you probably weren't referring to me). And yes, that might've been a slight innuendo Luna just made.

We did discuss that Zander would be heading down the alleyway without hesitation, so I didn't exactly expect for people to approach him so quickly, if at all, considering he never once stopped his movements. So the fact that people who were further away both caught up to him and also got ahead of him is beyond me.

Okay, so entering the alleyway does count as an important action, right? I just want to be sure. Or does entering the alleyway automatically mean the player's reached the end and preparing to battle the mystery duelist?

Depends on what Zechs do. I could just kill you both, you would forget all the info you acquired, but not the time spent together... Also I approve of this particular shipping for... Reasons.

Shipping is now host-approved! Now all we need is a name for the ship. Any ideas?

So basically both our characters are doomed for a dead end then since Zechs picked the same choice. I await my death scene.

Honestly, I didn't think it was a big deal as both Luna and Will are going to the park one way or another (though you probably weren't referring to me). And yes, that might've been a slight innuendo Luna just made.

Wasn't talking about you :P

Okay, so entering the alleyway does count as an important action, right? I just want to be sure. Or does entering the alleyway automatically mean the player's reached the end and preparing to battle the mystery duelist?

It will depend on what the others do from here...

Hey im a rookie at this roleplaying stuff :(

*Picks up ball and goes home*

Hey im a rookie at this roleplaying stuff :(

*Picks up ball and goes home*

lol

Just pay attention to such details. In other words, when posting you need to think as if you were your character, INSIDE the story!

Also, guys, make sure you pay attention to the instructions Tomas posts (like WAIT UNTIL TACOS MAKES A POST) because invariably those are important. And if you have instructions like that, make sure you actually read the post you had to wait for and understand it before posting again.

Sorry for minimodding I'll just go back to my hole now kbye

Also, guys, make sure you pay attention to the instructions Tomas posts (like WAIT UNTIL TACOS MAKES A POST) because invariably those are important. And if you have instructions like that, make sure you actually read the post you had to wait for and understand it before posting again.

Sorry for minimodding I'll just go back to my hole now kbye

I mean, they did. However, in the same amount of time, they managed to catch up completely and also pass Zander through the alleyway, when I never indicated that he stopped, which is where it gets a little frustrating. And unless I'm misunderstanding, once one partakes in an important action, they cannot interact until the Recap Post. I did post an important action, however, others attempted to interact with Zander.

Edited my previous post a little bit to clarify what I was saying

Sorry for causing all this trouble. Haven't been having the best of days and my frustration towards the scenario was a little exaggerated. I appreciate the cooperation a lot.

Well Tacos, you exaggerated in getting all that frustrated over it, but at the end of the day you were right.

Guys, listen to me. I am the host, you'd think I'd know one thing or two about this roleplay. If I recommend to do (or to avoid doing) something, you should. If I drop a hint, follow up on it. And if I say "plan your next move with the others", MAKE SURE YOU DO. Chances are it is important.

And just as a rule of thumb: bypassing someone is ALWAYS WRONG. In other words, if a person is involved in an event, and you intervene and word your post in a way that allows you to proceed on your own regardless of what the person who was there first does, then you are doing something wrong. The way ExLink pretty much took advantage of the ambiguity on Zander's position to pretty much take over the event (by being the one to explore the alleyway first) was something I don't want to see, particularly because the post was worded in a way that would pretty much bypass anything Tacos could retort or do at that point. Since in the past I have been told that I am too soft, this time I thought I wouldn't see anything in the OOC post, and just take action with the next Recap Post to ensure that the correct order of priority is restored. Luckily for you guys, you discussed things by yourselves: I'll tell you ExLink, by rewording your post in a way that still allows Tacos to reclaim the leading position that rightfully belongs to him (because he was the first to actually question a NPC and obtain the info that brought him here), you dodged a bullet.

I would appreciate it if you guys could have such discussions BEFORE posting, and not after, from now on. That's pretty much what I have been suggesting all along.