Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay: OOC/Signups [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

Tomas Elliot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't quite worded that way but Klive could take it to mean xyr Chronomaly cards in general. They are fucking weird

Well she didn't give a name which is why there might've been a misunderstanding so I was gonna to have Luna react after Dobby posted something.

• Support Squad

You know, rather than the Investigation group idea involving the whole class, it'd probably be easier and more interesting to go with mini-groups that oppose each other in the class. We have a fairly varying cast of characters and whilst most would be aligned to good, they're going to disagree with how things get done and such.

If there were opposing people and not just "Happy go-go friends unite!" scenes it'd add a bit of intrigue to the story and actually make the decision to share information far more relevant.

You know, rather than the Investigation group idea involving the whole class, it'd probably be easier and more interesting to go with mini-groups that oppose each other in the class. We have a fairly varying cast of characters and whilst most would be aligned to good, they're going to disagree with how things get done and such.

If there were opposing people and not just "Happy go-go friends unite!" scenes it'd add a bit of intrigue to the story and actually make the decision to share information far more relevant.

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea really. Would illeviate some of the problems stated before, having unity with teams while still holding the natural mistrust towards some. Edited by TurboAura

My only issue with this is that they would realistically lack an in-universe reason to oppose one another. I mean what does, for example, Luna gain from opposing Monika? If you say "let's do the cooperation thing in many small groups instead of a single big group" then I am all for it, but if you say "these groups should oppose one another", that's where you lose me...

When Judges are introduced (and remember Judges are among you) then the opposition/competition for info dynamic will come into play, but untill then... I mean preferring to work with group A instead of Group B is fine, but "opposing" implies actively wanting to stand in their way... And why would you do that? What's into it for you? What do you gain from that?

• Support Squad

Well hey, maybe the numbers are enough of an incentive for some people. Or it comes down to straight up personal prejudice. Earlier Setsunas character went nuts after the vision, yeling and all. Personally, i wouldn't eant to let the numbers to fall into the hands f someone who crack so easily.

And like Turbo said, could be sheer competitiveness for Character reasons. Maybe Lane sees Arthur as a rival (Random example) and so they get in each others way.

Besides, I didn't actually mean opposing as in actually fucking each other, game of thrones style. Just, pursuing the investigation for their own reasons.

Well hey, maybe the numbers are enough of an incentive for some people. Or it comes down to straight up personal prejudice. Earlier Setsunas character went nuts after the vision, yeling and all. Personally, i wouldn't eant to let the numbers to fall into the hands f someone who crack so easily.

And like Turbo said, could be sheer competitiveness for Character reasons. Maybe Lane sees Arthur as a rival (Random example) and so they get in each others way.

Besides, I didn't actually mean opposing as in actually fucking each other, game of thrones style. Just, pursuing the investigation for their own reasons.

Oh ok then I am fine with it, and I actually was planning to go there. I mean it will soon be revealed (in the very next After School topic in fact) that Numbers, much like in the Zexal anime, can manipulate the dreams and wishes of people, twisting their very will. So yeah, as this factor comes into play and more and more players obtain Numbers, each of you will quite obviously develop an agenda of their own, so of course Player A would want to get their hands on a new Number before Player B. If this is all you meant, then it's fine by me as long as it is the fruit of a character development (as in, Player A grows to dislike a certain group to the point of deciding not to work with them, rather than randomly being like "I hate you guys I'm gonna oppose you"). I was worried you meant actual enmity but I am glad that was not the case :)

• Support Squad

Well I mean, depending on how things go, genuine enmity between two people, not groups, could be a thing. But yeah, I didn't mean we all just fall into X groups with feuds against each other.

Besides, like I said earlier, a load of people like this standing united from the very beginning is a very, unrealistic concept in my eyes. Even with something as jarring as a murder to drag them together people just don't bond and work together that well that quickly. Persona exemplifies this with the bonds that you make over time, you have to really earn them and spend time with those people. It wasn't just "Poof" investigation squad works in perfect tandem now!

EDIT: Red, you do know that Klive hasn't received their Number yet, right? Besides the point, how would Red even know Klive would have one to begin with?

I think Red misunderstood the part when Luna told her about Lane's card, and she thought it was about Kilve. I tried to point that out earlier, but Red must have missed it...

gah....changed my post .....

• Veterans

I think i'll pass for now.....

Speaking of number cards,I realized I havent used Duel Network for a while..anyone mind playing a Game with me lol?

Speaking of which, I am going to make a post of my own in the evening. Who wants to obtain their Number next?

*Jumps excited* Me! Pick me!

I think i'll pass for now.....

Speaking of number cards,I realized I havent used Duel Network for a while..anyone mind playing a Game with me lol?

Same for me. But I don't have enough time to duel today.

@Chim-You didn't answer the key part about the Izanami Lore thing. XD

Speaking of which, I am going to make a post of my own in the evening. Who wants to obtain their Number next?

My turn! Me! Me! :P

Edited by Hiss13

Ugh I might have missed that part. I've been really busy with work lately and tried to mask it by Lane not paying too much attention to what people say. I can't change it now so I might do it next time on purpose and not give everything away at once.

Ugh I might have missed that part. I've been really busy with work lately and tried to mask it by Lane not paying too much attention to what people say. I can't change it now so I might do it next time on purpose and not give everything away at once.

Ah. Okay. No problem.

This promises to be fun...

Not sure whether this is sarcasm or an evil laugh under way. :/

I would prefer the latter. :P

• Support Squad

Ah. Okay. No problem.

Not sure whether this is sarcasm or an evil laugh under way. :/

I would prefer the latter. :P

I'd prefer sarcasm. Gives you free licence to be snarky back