GIMP's Sprite Animation Tutorial

Hiraishin

Heya guys! As you all know from my Introduction, I like to make Sprite Animations, however I stopped a year ago. Buuut, looking back at my old works I thought I'd start making them again ^^
A few of you, or none at all, might recognize this tutorial at another Forum (non-Pokemon forum), that is because I was a member there and I posted it. However, being the creator of the tut, I have every right to post it wherever I want. ^^

Anyways, let's get to the tutorial!

[i][b]Step 1:[/b][/i]
Get any Animating Program, preferably GIMP.

[i][b]Step 2[/b][/i]:
Go to a Sprite Resource like [URL=www.spriters-resource.com]Spriters Resource[/URL] or [URL=http://sdb.drshnaps.com/]Sprite Database[/URL], get a Sprite Sheet and Paste it to Paint, yes, Paint, the good ole Program every one knows about.

[i][b]Step 3: [/b][/i]
Choose an Action given in the Sprite Sheet, Cut it's Sprites and Paste it on another Paint window one by one, repeat for all Sprites you want to include in the Animation.

[i][b]Step 4:[/b][/i]
Done? Good, we're done with Paint now, close it and Open GIMP, wait for it to load, read the instructions, blah blah blah, etc.

[i][b]Step 5:[/b][/i]
Tired of waiting for it to load? Then screw it XD Jk jk, once it loads go to File -> Open; but don't open any file yet, check the Sprites' Heights and Widths and combine the highest Height and Width [Don't multiply or anything]

[i][b]Step 6:[/b][/i]
Go to File -> New and input those numbers in their respective Boxes, but increase them a bit, like 75 will be 80 or 85 or 90, your choice.

[i][b]Step 7:[/b][/i]
In the Image's Window, which should be all White, go to Layers -> Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel, if you can't select it then that means it's active, which is good.

[i][b]Step 8: [/b][/i]
Go to Dialogues -> Layers and Delete the Whole Background Layer.

[i][b]Step 9: [/b][/i]
In the Image's Window, go to File -> Open as Layers and choose the 1st Sprite of the Animation, click Shift + O and Click on the background and press Delete; Repeat for other Sprites and make sure the feet are in the same spots

[i][b]Step 10: [/b][/i]
Done? Ok, go to File -> Save as, give it any name, then set the File Format to .gif, then click Save.

[i][b]Step 11: [/b][/i]
You got a box saying "Merge Visible Layers" and "Save as Animation", click Save As Animation, then click Export [Ignore the bottom 2 options]

[i][b]Step 12: [/b][/i]
You get another Box, man, those boxes are stalking you :laugh: jk jk, in the Box tick Loop Forever and GIF Comment, and choose a Speed per Millisecond..
[B][U]REMEMBER: [/U][/B]1 Second = 1000 Milliseconds in case you forgot

[i][b]Step 13: [/b][/i]
In the same box, in the "Frame Disposal Where Unspecified", choose "One Frame Per Layer (Replace)" and click Save, and voila, you're done! Upload it to Tiny Pic, Photobucket, Imageshack, whatever Image host website you use and you're done!

[i][b]~Result~[/b][/i]
[IMG]http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z402/GenmuRei/Result.gif[/IMG]

[color="#9932CC"]Well with the extra instructions you gave me I've created:[/color]

[IMG]http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/cheese8966/Megaman.gif[/IMG]

Thanks for the help Tobi.