Game of Thrones Memories

This is a place for GoT fans to chat about anything regarding Game of Thrones, the TV show, or the book series it is based on called A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.

For me, I discovered the series in the middle of Season 3 through my Fiance, who recommended it to me because I loved The Tudors. I VERY quickly got attached to Lord Eddard "Ned" Stark. No, NOT because he was Boromir, as I have never seen all of any of the LotR films. No, I got super attached to Ned because he has a kindness that resonates with a mix of power and wisdom. He has HONOUR. That left a HUGE impression on me, and when I saw the last episode of Season 1..... I broke down into heaving sobs and cried for days, even now crying when I remember Ned. I also like Tyrion, Arya, Jon Snow, and the old man who was the leader of the Night's Watch (his name escapes me.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super hyped for the next season! Bronn is by far my favourite character. He's an excellent fighter but at the same time makes for a hilarious duo with Tyrion. I was so upset when they said they were not putting Strong Belwas in the tv series, I'm a huge fan of the books aswell and he's a brilliant character. I do like the Nights Watch and I was quite a fan of Karl Tanner, he led the mutiny at Craster's Keep, although that one is probably more because it's Burn Gorman who plays him. (He would have destroyed Jon Snow if that girl didn't distract him though!)

Bronn is hilarious. Especially at Tyrion's wedding. *Everyone shows up in fancy clothes* *Bronn walks in wearing the same old clothes* I laughed so hard. I miss Ned a lot because of his kindness and the fact that he held back his fighting skills because he wanted a real challenge-- He was not some power hungry brute with zero intellect. Sad isnt it?

Ned was awesome.. I still love that dialogue..

"I cannot give you back your homes or restore your dead to life. But perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our king, Robert."

Though I have to say.. Robert was perhaps the most forgettable character in the entire series.. At least considering just how important he is supposed to be..

Also for those who have read the books

Theories about Jon Snow's parents?? I feel Lyanna and Rhaegar.. Plus the whole, "Promise me, Ned." thing seems that she wanted to keep Jon's heritage a secret from Robert since he would have killed Jon.. It would make sense then.. Jon, Daenerys and if the 5th book revelation is true then Aegon would make the three heads of the dragons.. Also Jon would be the True King, should he be allowed to leave the Nights Watch, as his claim supersedes both Daenerys' and Aegon's..

I started the books last month. So excited for next season of the TV show. I guess I'm the only one in the world who has Arya as favorite character :blink:. I'm also hoping that Theon is going to kill the sausage guy (ugh, forgot his name) this season after (maybe) recovering his memories.

Sandor is my favorite character.. I still can't believe the Hound got killed by Brienne. like seriously!? a guy can beat up 5 armed-guys, all at the same time for a chicken and yet a one on one match with this lady-man was able to kill him. what kind of bovine excrement is this!?

I don't want to spoil anything for show watchers but in the most recent book, that last death.....I still can't believe it. If he stays dead in the next book i'm going to enter nerd rage mode. Also typhlosionrules, reread the Brienne chapter(s) on the silent isle and pay attention to who might seem out of place and a very angry horse....(also why do you say brienne killed him, he had an infected wound after a tavern brawl as far as I can remember).

I started the books last month. So excited for next season of the TV show. I guess I'm the only one in the world who has Arya as favorite character :blink:. I'm also hoping that Theon is going to kill the sausage guy (ugh, forgot his name) this season after (maybe) recovering his memories.

Not true.. Even I like Arya.. Specially with the stuff happening in the books.. I'm surprised nobody mentioned Bran.. His chapters are turning out to be really fun to read..

Joffrey best character.

Reminds me of Fern..

Ned was awesome.. I still love that dialogue..

"I cannot give you back your homes or restore your dead to life. But perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our king, Robert."

Though I have to say.. Robert was perhaps the most forgettable character in the entire series.. At least considering just how important he is supposed to be..

Also for those who have read the books

Theories about Jon Snow's parents?? I feel Lyanna and Rhaegar.. Plus the whole, "Promise me, Ned." thing seems that she wanted to keep Jon's heritage a secret from Robert since he would have killed Jon.. It would make sense then.. Jon, Daenerys and if the 5th book revelation is true then Aegon would make the three heads of the dragons.. Also Jon would be the True King, should he be allowed to leave the Nights Watch, as his claim supersedes both Daenerys' and Aegon's..

^---------- This. Ned was the best because of this. He never cheated on his wife, in my opinion, though, I will say that SHE cheated, as almost NONE of their kids look like Ned. As for Bran, yes, his chapters are proving he has potential. I ship Sansa with Tyrion. I have a feeling Tyrion will live. He deserves to. Yes, I too believe R+L=J. I do not really like Dany anymore, as she abandoned the other dragons, and poor Jorah. I also HATE the Lord of Light plotline. Melisendre is a W***E, honestly.... Stannis would support Jon, I think.

Actually they are totally Ned's kids.. She doesn't cheat, even though she thought Ned had.. Dany didn't abandon the dragons as much as segregated them to ensure the safety of the people.. Also I never liked Jorah, so serves him right.. The Lord of Light plotline is really boring.. As is the Stannis one.. It just seems a bit forced.. I'm waiting for Rickon to grow up and come back.. He will finally be the Lord of Winterfell..

Actually they are totally Ned's kids.. She doesn't cheat, even though she thought Ned had.. Dany didn't abandon the dragons as much as segregated them to ensure the safety of the people.. Also I never liked Jorah, so serves him right.. The Lord of Light plotline is really boring.. As is the Stannis one.. It just seems a bit forced.. I'm waiting for Rickon to grow up and come back.. He will finally be the Lord of Winterfell..

Its just well, Littlefinger is SOOOOOOOOOOOO OBSESSED with her. O_O I miss Jorah's dad though... Also, was HE that White Walker Sam killed defending Gilly?

Ya the Bear was fun.. Nope, he wasn't the white walker.. Though do you guys remember the episode where they end up showing the scene with the king of the white walkers? That was a major goof up.. He hasn't even been shown in the books.. :P

Ya the Bear was fun.. Nope, he wasn't the white walker.. Though do you guys remember the episode where they end up showing the scene with the king of the white walkers? That was a major goof up.. He hasn't even been shown in the books.. :P

Except that Martin is working with HBO to keep things legit in the conversion to the screenplay last I heard.

It's been a while since I last read the books or watched the series. I love Tyrion's character and The Red Viper. His death in the series... He should've worn a helmet!

I don't get why they killed Jojen Reed in the series though.

^---- This. Though the death I still do not understand is Ned's. WHY, GRRM, WHYYYYYYYYY?!

Cause reasons.........

Tyrion is a total underdog.. He's perhaps the only reason anybody likes the lannisters..