Explanation.

Guest Hikaru Hitachiin

Guest Ashley
[center]Alright, so.. Some of you (mainly about four or five, really) know that I have dissociative identity disorder, which basically means... I have multiple personalities. Now.. I don't [i]know[/i] my personalities and I don't really remember anything that happens while I'm in them, hooray for memory loss.

This disorder is theoretically linked with the interaction of overwhelming stress, traumatic antecedents, insufficient childhood nurturing, and an innate ability to dissociate memories or experiences from consciousness. A high percentage of patients report child abuse. People diagnosed with DID often report that they have experienced severe physical and sexual abuse, especially during early to mid childhood. Several psychiatric rating scales of DID sufferers suggested that DID is strongly related to childhood trauma rather than to an underlying electrophysiological dysfunction.

I'd go into details about how [i]this[/i] in particular relates to my case, but I'd much rather not.. Story of this post, though. I have multiple personalities, nobody around Reborn seems to have seen them though because it's usually when I'm not at the computer when it happens and I practically regain consciousness thirty minutes later. I'll edit this post more later when I'm not tired. Hopefully you understand~[/center]

Guest Ashley
[quote name='Cyrus' timestamp='1309872266' post='17280']
This is interesting.
So how does this link to Tyler and Sara not being real since your not on when you experience this?
[/quote]

A lot of people already have convinced themselves that Tyler and Sara do not exist, but to them I say... whatever. I'm not on the computer when it happens, so unless my personalities decide to use the computer for whatever reason, there's not even a [i]possibility[/i] of Tyler and Sara not being real.

[quote name='Ashley' timestamp='1309872397' post='17281']
A lot of people already have convinced themselves that Tyler and Sara do not exist, but to them I say... whatever. I'm not on the computer when it happens, so unless my personalities decide to use the computer for whatever reason, there's not even a [i]possibility[/i] of Tyler and Sara not being real.
[/quote]
If anyone wants their pictures for proof, she'll gladly hand them over?

[quote name='Ashley' timestamp='1309850233' post='17268']
[center]Alright, so.. Some of you (mainly about four or five, really) know that I have dissociative identity disorder, which basically means... I have multiple personalities. Now.. I don't [i]know[/i] my personalities and I don't really remember anything that happens while I'm in them, hooray for memory loss.
I'd go into details about how [i]this[/i] in particular relates to my case, but I'd much rather not.. Story of this post, though. I have multiple personalities, nobody around Reborn seems to have seen them though because it's usually when I'm not at the computer when it happens and I practically regain consciousness thirty minutes later. I'll edit this post more later when I'm not tired. Hopefully you understand~[/center]
[/quote]

As proud as I am that you trust us with this information, but the topic says explanation but an explanation to what? You have said you don't know your personalities, don't remember them, you don't want to go into how this DID relates to you, no one on reborn has seen these personalities. So ummm why make this post? With this informative information, but none the less unimportant. If you had random out breaks and stuff sure i'd understand but at this point All I see in this is just a random post that explains nothing but DID.

• Administrators
To the masses, I asked AisuKiba to confirm Tyler's identity earlier. As we know, she and Ashley don't really get along that well, so she has no reason to lie on Ashley's behalf (and in fact, she told me she thought Ashley was fake at first too).
Anyway, Kiba has confirmed, she's seen videos of him singing live. Although for reasons outside of his control, he had to remove his account, he does indeed exist, and moreover there are a number of pictures of him available on a separate facebook account that I have now seen.
So tl;dr Tyler is real. No reason to question that any longer.

Well Ashley, I'm very sorry to hear that you have this disorder.

I knew Tyler was real for a good long time now...Sara, not so much, but that's only because I don't even really know her [i]period.[/i]

[spoiler]This topic reminded me of this Dream Theater song, which is the last part of a 42-minute epic focusing on people with Bipolar disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Schizophrenia, Postpartum depression, Autism and [b]Dissociative Identity Disorder.[/b] It's combined into the DID sect. being the first half and the "Grand Finale" in the second. I'm just posting it here for the hell of it.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRyUSiVRMUk[/media]
[/spoiler]