[OOC] Of Shadow and Flame (Signups CLOSED)

Chevaleresse

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

is it weird that when this showed up in my inbox this morning... and I listened through it... it reminded me of Bobby/Osmosis?

No, cuz i'm making it his theme. O.O

Also, it seems to me Ozymandias is easier to get than osmosis xD

FYI I made another post after the one where I ask some questions to Astros, without waiting for a reply, but that new post only states that I noticed Nagi yelling at me, and then return in the position I had before and keep talking with Astros again... I feel like this post could actually be ignored, when deciding what Astros is going to say.

• Support Squad

Glad to be of service. *bows*. See not entirely shit at character themes guys!!! XD. ((and that song was actually only uploaded today, not joking lol.))

They knew how Bobmandias needed an awesome theme and decided "Right, we've got this"

Believe it is says 5 minutes in the OP.

This. Murdoc stated the average for a beginning Magi who's fresh from the frying pan is around that time span or so. Magi who have been at it for months like Faust or years like Vixen (And presumably Takeshi) can probably sustain it for a considerably longer time though, given the whole growth of power over time thing.

EDIT: Also, Popo and a name change. Very fitting. Very fitting indeed (You can always tell I'm bored when I start doing shit like this XD)

I'm gonna wait till everyone's already gone inside the hideout /alley before doing everything. For the time being, just more or less assume he's paused while walking and just standing there

So, in the last post in the IC topic, Dexter accepted the contract.

(I actually didn't ask Astros more questions because of Nagi telling Dexter to move - I could still do that when I meet Takeshi. Thanks Hiss13)

I'm still waiting for Astros to actually unlock the powers, then I will come where the other players are. Astros told me Takeshi was a friend, so Dexter shouldn't be scared of them.

So, now I'll be just a new magical person and I'll have the five minutes of transformation; but it says that is going to improve... how is it going to get better and at which pace? (Will I be able to stay transformed for, say, 10 minutes already the next day or do I have to wait a month? This was an example.)

Also, I again tried to tweak my character (as he has the heterochromia - different coloured eyes - I should focus on this particular. What I thought was, depending on his emotions, having one of his eyes shine more. The more the left eye shines (the hazel/red one) the more damage he could do with his weapons, and the lower the precision of the shotgun should be - this way he should get closer to the target, but could do very high damage. But, the more the right eye shines (blue one) he could have the ability to heal people close to him and (when he's going to learn how to do this) being able to shoot healing projectiles with the shotgun - clearly taking inspiration from the Rescue Ranger in TF2 the engineer is in fact my favourite class alongside the soldier. Also, the precision of the shotgun and the pistol should be higher.

With time, he's probably going to control his emotions (as, like all magic people, he has strong emotions) and have a great self-control, becoming much better at fighting. This could also be interesting for the development of the character, right?

If I can't write or describe very well a scene, or there are some mistakes in the post (like the cat wearing a coat - where coat meant "fur") just notice me and I'll edit the posts... But, remember I am italian :P

Well considering that Nagi has been a highly Magi for at least two years, she has definitely increased her transformation time though nobody thinks that considering that Nagi looks like she is 13 or 14.

Anyway, my next post should come soon. It will take some time as I will be typing it on my phone.

...I found it (or rather, them)

I don't really like the voice, but the music is good and the lyrics are fitting

Also, by the same name:

Is also really good (My favorite of the two TBH)

Yea, my preferred method of doing Backstory. Have the destination, and figure out the journey later. Basically, take into account how your character is in the now, and develop them as play goes on. It just feels the most organic to me. ((Like using clues from how you had them act in certain situations etc... I personally don;t believe a character is a finished entity when play begins. It is only the beginning, their creation, their first draft. And through the play of that character, they become closer and closer to the final one.))

Is it your intention to update everyone's progressions (as many as possible) at once when you post or is that just coincidence for when you have already gathered up what you will post?

• Support Squad

no, i mean the initial idea is changing. Initially, as pointed out earlier by Hiss, my idea of Bobby/Ozzy was similar to that of a chuuni character, a childish guy wanting to escape into a fantastic world and playing the part he wants in such a world. Now it's slowly transforming more into Ozzy being a person Bobby becomes to escape himself and be stronger, thus why I refer to Bobby as such when he's quite scared or really jus not being brave headstrong and stupid and Ozzy when it is the opposite. Thus Bobby and Ozzy are becoming two separate entities in my mind as opposed to just a man wearing a childish mask.

((I know, that was what I was saying lol. You in turn figured that out while playing the character. Therefore, what I said holds true. Would you have known that if you had just written the character, but never played him?))

• Support Squad

ooooh, ok point is gawten now. Yeah, just writing him amidst other characters if my own would not have resulted in the same thing. Hooray for RPing!