[OOC] Of Shadow and Flame (Signups CLOSED)

Chevaleresse

I'm going to just keep Kindle quiet for now. This interaction is too big and confusing right now and I don't want to make it worse >_<

really? I for one thought this current scene was rather tame and orderly compared to the beast encounter...

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also not going to post anything with Krys right now. She is just calming herself and thinking things through. She is putting in details from what she has seen and understanding what the truth is.

Just to prep for the next day in the RP: I'm gonna let people go pretty much wherever they want in the city. The Preserver hideout is in the same area of the city that Takeshi and a small number of other Loners and Deviants occupy. Protectors are in another fairly poor, but a bit more densely populated area, and Peacekeepers have two smaller bases located on the edges of the districts that the other two occupy. Each faction maintains a presence of around 40 members each, with the Protectors having slightly more and Loners/Deviants making up another 20 or 30 together. Magical people don't have hideouts in the middle- and upper-class portions of the town due to numerous logistical reasons, but they do patrol these areas. If you want to have an encounter, either PM me or simply mention what you want to do in an IC post (meet a Mediator, mage, look for beasts, whatever).

With that many Magi in the city, you would think rumors about Nagi would have formed especially due to some of the high-profile targets she has gone after.

Edited by Hiss13

Since no one else wanted to slip something in I'll throw an update out.

@Yash: Takeshi's waiting for everyone to be ready for an explanation as stated.

@Hiss13: I think you're overestimating the number of magical people in the city. There's about 150 of them in a city with several hundred thousand occupants. They're rare, which is why Mediators end up trying so hard to get all of them contracted.

wha? little ol' me?

I'm just gonna sit back for a while longer, listen from my place in the door. No reason to let ya'll actually know what my power is- you're a bunch a crazies afterall from as far as I can tell...

Eh, he did alright I guess...

but out of sheer force of habit, the One-Winged Guardian Angel does not like... revealing himself needlessly. For a similiar reason to why he worked to drop his German Accent. causes issues...

I thought he was talking about Yash's character... my bad.

I've edited the post; now Dexter wakes you up.

I hope it's alright (but of course such things will happen when I don't read posts carefully)

I'm sorry, but I'm really on the fence on whether or not to call some of this out as metagaming, @Hiss13. Honestly it seems just far too convenient how easily you had your character recognize the fact that Faust is for one, German, and to a lesser extent, absolutely without any doubt the lightning user. Cause honestly, he's said nothing in german within earshot of any other PC and he's worked to make his accent neutral in terms of any suggestion to a homeland. So really, the only thing that your pc could've logically gone off of was either mind reading or appearance- the latter of which is a complete dud in this case because he could literally hail from any european nation in which there was a sizable blonde populace... so yeah, I'm not seeing much how that could've been so easily and readily deduced.

Regarding the information about being the lightning user- it's not having people deduce that he is that I necessarily have the issue with here, it's with how you kinda just disregarded what I posted about him giving Nagi NO response whatsoever- IE, no eye contact, no nods, no nothing- as far as anyone should be able to realistically tell, he'd be completely oblivious to her. He didn't make any response, period. It kinda feels like what I've stated about my own characters actions- or lack thereof, more or less were turned aside right there... like you kinda just plowed through and said "Nope, no autonomy for you."

Again, sorry, and I'm really on the fence about this whole thing with those last two posts regarding the situation... maybe I'm wrong and somehow it doesn't qualify as meta gaming- but honestly from what I can see with the more or less lack of real explanation in the writing as to how she can just know exactly what he is on the spot, that's really what's this honestly is coming off to me as being.

• Support Squad

Just saying Strat, in order for Faust to know the Hiss was onto him, at the very least eh would have had to glance ath her. It's a bit of a leap to go off of a glance, but its there

Again- I'm on the fence about this- the instantly iding him as german thing was really the major issue I have, the lightning is honestly just periphery to that. That and the lack of explanation as to how- which speaking of which I will go and fix in my own post.

If it seems like too much and feels like metagaming, I will alter it asap. I am restricted to using my phone atm so I will do it when I get access to an actual computer.

Generally I would type out my posts on TextEdit and go through a couple of runs of rereading to make sure there are no issues before I post. I sadly am not able to go through that process in a timely enough manner my phone or my brother's computer.

Edited by Hiss13

If it seems like too much and feels like metagaming, I will alter it asap. I am restricted to using my phone atm so I will do it when I get access to an actual computer.

Generally I would type out my posts on TextEdit and go through a couple of runs of rereading to make sure there are no issues before I post. I sadly am not able to go through that process in a timely enough manner my phone or my brother's computer.

Eh, it's fine... before you edit though, I have gone through and done a bit of touching up on my own post

Faust gave no outward indication of the girl's gaze, no acknowledgement... no verification what so ever. Why, it seemed that his attention was more prioritized on the story coming out of the news anchors mouth than the room around him. But he did see her, he did notice her. His periphery vision saw to that, and with just a brief internal surge to his eyes, she upgraded from a mere blur to crystal clear for those few seconds of precious time, those few seconds where he had wanted to be able to keep eyes open without seeming like he was keeping an eye open, when he did not wish to give himself away as watching.

And he had done it before many times on his journey- the periphery glimpsing, the glimpsing that did not require he move his pupils. For when people did not know you see something or saw something, you had the advantage in most cases. When people did not see you looking, when they thought your attention had been on them the entire time, you had the advantage. When thugs did not know you saw an officer heading down the alley right for all of you, you had the advantage. And when they did not know you saw the pipe laying on the ground which would make an excellent conductor... you had the advantage.

It was Just enough to analyze briefly and send what precious little was gathered back to be processed, on the current scene. The shine had been slight, given such a brief use, and he knew the situation and the context. They were brief, every so brief but they were also clear, the glimpses. but from what he'd seen, none of them were looking to him despite the lightning comment... none but she. If she alone were glancing at him like that- then chances were she probably suspected him for the very same spectacle the fiery haired man had mentioned... why else would she, or anyone for that matter? When Faust had made no sound, no noise, and said absolutely nothing to anyone in this entire little shindig? So why else now, would this woman or any person here deign to lay eyes on him, so soon after a blue bolt from the heavens was finally mentioned in passing? For his periphery scan had seen no one else deigning to look.

Maybe she suspected him, or maybe she was just now noticing the silent man in the doorway. Maybe Faust was being paranoid, or maybe he was spot on with something. It mattered not. For Faust had learned that you hope for the best but prepare for the worst, not the other way around. You go with thine gut if it tells you something, and you only follow the road signs so long as they keep making sense. Either way, whether it was simple curiosity or actual suspicion, Faust cared not- he would give this woman no response, no acknowledgment.

This was surveillance afterall. A very, very blatant and frankly not very efficient surveillance, given the fact he was standing right in the god damn room and not listening through a bug somewhere instead... but it was still surveillance none the less. He knew how versatile electrical magic was from his own varied experiences over the last few months... and how that versatility could be mistaken for power, and that perceived power could make many enemies. It would be like a cop going undercover, and then making the blunder of blowing his cover on accident... something he'd had to experience with his father as a boy.

While yes, he wanted to maintain the element of surprise if he someday needed it, but Faust also did not want to end up in the hospital with multiple gun-shot wounds barely clinging to life and ending up crippled from the whole ordeal afterwards. Nor did he want to become a mangled little pile of meat under the sword of some other Magi from one of the other factions. He had seen the logic of what he'd been told when the peacekeepers found him. As one of them, he could do as his father once did- keep the peace... just like the name suggested. And as one of them... he could also perhaps avoid a bit of attention he would get as a loner.

That was of course, all depending on how well he kept such information as his power hidden. And so unsure whether it was meant as some friendly gesture of acknowledgment to silent man, or some condemning gesture of a witch hunt, Faust simply stood there like a statue, eyes glued to that television screen, not a single word or look or even gesture of acknowledgement to the girl. For it only took one domino to start the fall.

And He refused to die from a single moment of stupidity or lapse in judgement.

This is the new version of it- I actually like it a bit more than the last one. just making sure ya see it.

And yes, the eye thing is tied to the electric powers... because all cells run off of electricity, the mitochondria is simply... eh, nevermind, don't want to bore yall...