[OOC] Of Shadow and Flame (Signups CLOSED)

Chevaleresse

^^So yeah, in other words lets just cool it for the time being...

And ... I kinda found this...

Thinking they could go well for Johannes theme since for some reason, the lyrics keep making me think about the holocaust- or rather the potential lessons yielded from it about the darkest side of human nature and why humanity must improve itself overall because of this. Especially that last line of "No one shall be meaningless deprived of his live..." which is kinda spot on to the theme of his personal history in way.

just find it fitting since hate spawned from the events of that time period, which themselves were spawned by hatred, is the very thing that damn near got Hans killed... solely because his accent fit the bill of his forefathers...

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((The sign-ups... still open Typh XD. You have to start as a relatively fresh character though, as in human that probably hasn't received their powers yet. Also... even if you do get your character approved... might want to wait til things calm down a tad until you pop in lol. If you want to wait for Murdoc's answer still be my guest))

I imagine we will be seeing more beasts as soon as the current one is eliminated or escapes.

But yeah, the timeline is a bit hard to follow. That's just how RPs end up going though as far as I know.

In fights against single enemies most definitely... funnily enough... in fights with a bunch of enemies I find they flow muuuuuuuch better since everyone has things to be doing and the host has more time to update since everybody is fighting their own foes etc...

((also Strat.... Vogel im Kaefig [i can't put the umlaut over the a so have to use the ae spelling of that word.] means Bird in a Cage in German doesn't it?))

((The sign-ups... still open Typh XD. You have to start as a relatively fresh character though, as in human that probably hasn't received their powers yet. Also... even if you do get your character approved... might want to wait til things calm down a tad until you pop in lol. If you want to wait for Murdoc's answer still be my guest))

In fights against single enemies most definitely... funnily enough... in fights with a bunch of enemies I find they flow muuuuuuuch better since everyone has things to be doing and the host has more time to update since everybody is fighting their own foes etc...

((also Strat.... Vogel im Kaefig [i can't put the umlaut over the a so have to use the ae spelling of that word.] means Bird in a Cage in German doesn't it?))

Yes, it does... which could be some sort of reference to the liberation of the camps if one thinks about it...

If I didn't know any better... well, judging from the lyrics and the tone of the overall vocals (More of a solemn, lamenting theme in the beginning, rises a little in the middle-late, and lightens towards the very end.) I'd say this song might've been intentionally written to unconsciously imply something... kinda like saying "We're not going to tell you that;s what we want you to think about, but please think about it anyway, if you're smart enough to realize what we want you to think about but are not directly saying to think about."

EDIT:also note- Stratos does not speak a lick of German... he just appears to because of google...

Now that I think about it, I may have given a bit too many hints as to what Nagi's magic is. :/

Maybe it's just me. Can someone tell me if they've been able to deduce it based on what's given? I'm curious if I've given away too much.

tfw when I wouldn't have looked fro any clues to anything if you didn't mention it... the fact that you mentioned that... is going to make it so that I can't not look for them now XD>

We got a detective here. :P

That being said, I will probably have her powers explicitly explained at some point but for the time being, I have dropped a few hints. Though I feel that there is one very obvious hint somewhere (though it might not make sense until I do that explicit explanation).

On another note, does Vixen consider Nagi one of the loud and over the top ones? She came in pretty silently. XD

So, it's time for Dexter to get what seems to be a contract with a "talking cat".

I actually plan on having him start with some abilities and become stronger during the story (it makes more sense for someone that started as a human)... I plan on having an agile character, with maybe some more abilities (healing).

Speaking of which, right now Dexter can heal only people that are close to him, but he may learn to do this at a distance, using his shotgun created with magical energy. And, maybe, he could learn how to fly...

It should be alright, but if there are some problems just address me and I'll try to fix them.

In the last update, the "cat" showed up behind Dexter, so now I wrote his reaction, and I'll be waiting for the cat's reply in the next post by Murdoc. If someone (especially Hiss13) wants to come there and either watch the scene, interrupt it, or talk after the cat's reply... well, feel free to do it.

Again, Dexter is probably going to be very scared because of this sudden change, so don't scare him more when you approach him (or be very scary so he will surrender without any fight, this way letting you talk with him).

Another thing:

post-51705-0-62783700-1427968976_thumb.png

(Dexter is light blue, an hypotetical place for Hukuna is blue, Hiss13 is green, the beast with the other people are red, in that alleyway).

The hospital is not in that picture but it should be opposite the alleyway, or slightly moved to the left or right.

Question: is that picture right or wrong? (just so I can know better where everyone is; I also assumed there was a crossroad there but it might not exist.)

Also, be gentle; Sensei and Murdoc; it's my... well... second time. (citation, adapted, from Yash)

Edited by Cyaloom

• Support Squad

DEAYAH LAWD, you guys sped up. It's a good thing I went to sellp, maybe. Seeing as it prevented Bobby fom getting caught in the gang up fest

Me being gentle isn't the issue. I just going hope that Vixen is in a good enough mood to be.

((Hukuna-Sensei is not liable for being gentle in any RP, no matter the subject matter. It is only in his nature not to be. Those that think otherwise have been sorely mislead and certainly don't know what is in store for their poor poor souls.... woe to be them for not reading the fine print. All character death is a statue of that player's play and therefore Hukuna-Sensei is also not liable. Just play better scrub... der... ))

Well this is my last post for Krys for a while.. I'm flying to Bangkok and don't know if I'll be able to post once I'm there.. I've asked Murdoc to bunny her in case I don't get anything up..

So, it's time for Dexter to get what seems to be a contract with a "talking cat".

I actually plan on having him start with some abilities and become stronger during the story (it makes more sense for someone that started as a human)... I plan on having an agile character, with maybe some more abilities (healing).

Speaking of which, right now Dexter can heal only people that are close to him, but he may learn to do this at a distance, using his shotgun created with magical energy. And, maybe, he could learn how to fly...

It should be alright, but if there are some problems just address me and I'll try to fix them.

In the last update, the "cat" showed up behind Dexter, so now I wrote his reaction, and I'll be waiting for the cat's reply in the next post by Murdoc. If someone (especially Hiss13) wants to come there and either watch the scene, interrupt it, or talk after the cat's reply... well, feel free to do it.

Again, Dexter is probably going to be very scared because of this sudden change, so don't scare him more when you approach him (or be very scary so he will surrender without any fight, this way letting you talk with him).

Another thing:

attachicon.gifSenzanome.png

(Dexter is light blue, an hypotetical place for Hukuna is blue, Hiss13 is green, the beast with the other people are red, in that alleyway).

The hospital is not in that picture but it should be opposite the alleyway, or slightly moved to the left or right.

Question: is that picture right or wrong? (just so I can know better where everyone is; I also assumed there was a crossroad there but it might not exist.)

Also, be gentle; Sensei and Murdoc; it's my... well... second time. (citation, adapted, from Yash)

It all depends on how quickly Nagi can do her thing. If Nagi can finish up quickly, she will make her way back to her vantage point from before.

@Murdoc:

How much does it usually take to kill a lone beast? Moreover, can Nagi finish it off with the next strike? She plans to pierce through it's head and rip it apart. But I don't know if that is enough.

@Hukuna:

Dodging mah questions about Vixen's perspective on Nagi, I see. :P

Edited by Hiss13

Yea... I am sure she wouldn't have originally... but things have changed. So one of those mixed signals kinda things... so I am not overly sure what she would think.

((Also... new hint at what character VIxen is partially based on is about as subtle as a tiger doing a backflip into a cannon and being shot into the the sky while juggling scimitars and shooting a shotgun with it's tail.))

Mmkay

I saw theme songs mentioned earlier, and I cannot find anything >_> I found several silly songs about black holes, and several lame love songs... I need a face-paced song about supernovae

I did run into this tho, which is great:

Edited by KosherKitten

I just like doing character themes fro my characters lol. It is a fun challenge for me to find a song for them that says something about them as a person, or just encompasses a part of them. ((some crazy character clues in mine, but there is no real way fro you guys to guess where I am overall going with her yet XD.))

((I can look and see if I can find anything for ya lol. Probably something high energy/spacey sounding would be good for Kindle lol, I'll see what I can find.))

I just like doing character themes fro my characters lol. It is a fun challenge for me to find a song for them that says something about them as a person, or just encompasses a part of them. ((some crazy character clues in mine, but there is no real way fro you guys to guess where I am overall going with her yet XD.))

((I can look and see if I can find anything for ya lol. Probably something high energy/spacey sounding would be good for Kindle lol, I'll see what I can find.))

Speaking of which... a question I've had since this morning after getting on here:

Hukuna, is your avi Vixen's appearance? just noticed from the appearance and all...