Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

Hmm

Do you want i take a look on how i can manage it? If i beat her i told you the way i did, so you'll know that's doable :)

Now that i've tried it, i'm sure it's perfectly doable. I just need to return pelipper when she sends out rotom, and try to kill it asap. if i manage to kill rotom and keeping pelipper alive, it's gg. pangoro can OHKO her delphox with a crunch, her volcarona falls to a double psychic attack from my delphox and my meowstic. her ninetails hits hard but it's not great at defense. Anyway, i'm posting it, if you wanna check it out and have fun :P

EDIT: ok, it doesn't let me upload it, sending it via pm :P

Edited by Wolfram2700
  • Upvote 1

If you feel you can do it , i'd rather let you find how to manage that by yourself, i mean i can find the complete strategy to beat her, but if i do you wont have that much satisfaction by beating her.

"My role" here is to prevent you from raising another pokemon that will be outdated when you beated her. You wont take down Terra , or Blake with a random water mon so that would be pointless.

Pm me your save if you cant find a way, i'll try my best to find one for you. But keep using that strategy for now and i know you can break some walls with some luck :)

haha ok, will do! :)

EDIT: yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

after some 4 and a half hours, i managed to beat it. MVP World Champ Pachirisu managed to survive two turns, paralysing darmanitan and typhlosion. Pelipper set the rain, and the ass kicking Hydro Pumps! OHKO Darmanitan, Charlotte sent Rotom out, with pachirisu out i sent meowstic and withdrew Pelliper and sent Pangoro in; in 2 turns, with 2 crunches and 2 psychics Rotom was out. Volcarona sent, double heatwave kills them both :c. I send Bossipper out again, with weezing to provide assistance; her Delphox falls to the all mighty Hydro Pumps! (good thing that i found a pp up and used it in hydro pump, right?) typhlosion is parahaxed, like, forever. Ninetails out, I use rain dance and a rainbow field is created, losing the fire bonus. Two hydro pumps and it's gg!

Thanks Hiroki for providing the strategy, you da real MVP :D

Edited by Wolfram2700
  • Upvote 1

I need help beating Shade, I can beat Gengar and Banette, but Doublade is just rage-quit.

Team:

Infernape Level 38

- Flame Wheel

- Leer

- Close Combat

- Mach Punch

Emolga Level 35

Motor Drive

- Shock Wave

- Acrobatics

- Air Slash

- Cut

Tangela Level 33

regenerator

- Mega Drain

- Knock Off

- Growth

- Rock Smash

Murkrow Level 34

- assurance

- Brave Bird

- Wing Attack

- Night Shade

Slurpuff Level 34

- Draining Kiss

- Fake Tears

- Round

- Endeavor

Meowstic Level 36

- Shadow Ball

- Extrasensory

- Psyshock

- Charge Beam

Notables in PC:

Swalot Level 33

Swinub level 35

How the battle goes:

I lead with Tangela and switch into Emolga as "Corey" gives me a Motor Drive boost. I can 2-shot the Gengar with Acrobatics unless he crits me. Banette comes out. I try to use Murkrow, but Assurance is weak and he is too frail. Slurpuff can Fake Tears him, but Cursed Body screws Draining Kiss over. Meowstic is just fodder for Shadow Claw. Tangela can revenge Banette, but then doublade comes out and is way too physically bulky to win against. PLEASE HELP

I need help beating Shade, I can beat Gengar and Banette, but Doublade is just rage-quit.

Team:

Infernape Level 38

- Flame Wheel

- Leer

- Close Combat

- Mach Punch

Emolga Level 35

Motor Drive

- Shock Wave

- Acrobatics

- Air Slash

- Cut

Tangela Level 33

regenerator

- Mega Drain

- Knock Off

- Growth

- Rock Smash

Murkrow Level 34

- assurance

- Brave Bird

- Wing Attack

- Night Shade

Slurpuff Level 34

- Draining Kiss

- Fake Tears

- Round

- Endeavor

Meowstic Level 36

- Shadow Ball

- Extrasensory

- Psyshock

- Charge Beam

Notables in PC:

Swalot Level 33

Swinub level 35

How the battle goes:

I lead with Tangela and switch into Emolga as "Corey" gives me a Motor Drive boost. I can 2-shot the Gengar with Acrobatics unless he crits me. Banette comes out. I try to use Murkrow, but Assurance is weak and he is too frail. Slurpuff can Fake Tears him, but Cursed Body screws Draining Kiss over. Meowstic is just fodder for Shadow Claw. Tangela can revenge Banette, but then doublade comes out and is way too physically bulky to win against. PLEASE HELP

Swinub should have evolved already at level 33..? Unless you caught him later. Anyways.

You should really train up to level 37-40. There should be rebattleable trainers at the Grand Hall by Shade. (But it may be after shade, so I'm not sure.)

Use meowstic to Psyshock Gengar. It should kill or put him in red. Shade should use his potions if you don't kill it. Use tangela to knock off the Banette if possible and finish off with Acrobatics from Emolga if tangela dies. Use infernape vs Doublade. A few flame wheels will kill it.

I caught the Swinub at 35 while hunting for shinies. EDIT: I'm gonna have to grind. This gym is stupid lol

Shade is one of the toughest gyms. Especially Banette and Rotom. I've heard that Mightyena puts in work, and a Camerupt can sweep half his team (speaking from experience).

Diggersby has a complete immunity to all of Rotom's attacks, and half of Gengar's (Shadow claw and Thunderbolt) so that may be something to look into

Edited by wytch_doctr

haha ok, will do! :)

EDIT: yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

after some 4 and a half hours, i managed to beat it. MVP World Champ Pachirisu managed to survive two turns, paralysing darmanitan and typhlosion. Pelipper set the rain, and the ass kicking Hydro Pumps! OHKO Darmanitan, Charlotte sent Rotom out, with pachirisu out i sent meowstic and withdrew Pelliper and sent Pangoro in; in 2 turns, with 2 crunches and 2 psychics Rotom was out. Volcarona sent, double heatwave kills them both :c. I send Bossipper out again, with weezing to provide assistance; her Delphox falls to the all mighty Hydro Pumps! (good thing that i found a pp up and used it in hydro pump, right?) typhlosion is parahaxed, like, forever. Ninetails out, I use rain dance and a rainbow field is created, losing the fire bonus. Two hydro pumps and it's gg!

Thanks Hiroki for providing the strategy, you da real MVP :D

Glad you could make it :D That was intense , but your determination paid off :)

You are da real MVP man ;)

@Brandon , go to shelly's town, Lapis ward and teach your infernape the move fire pledge. You'll destroy doublade with that

Edited by Hiroki Tatsumi

What are your team's movesets?

As far as I can see,you could keep mamoswine in your team. Gardevoir, and Fearow can also stay, just make sure that your fearow knows moves boosted by the field. Scrafty is debatable. On the one side, he can get field boosts, and if moxie hits in, he could be useful.On the other, if Ciel's pokemon outspeed him (and archeops at least does, not sure about mons before him) he's gonna go down in one hit or two. Sceptile and Heatmor seem kinda useless for that fight so you could probably switch them with something else.

Edited by Lyra

@baczoni

Hmm well i would get rid of fearow,septile and heatmor. replace 1 of them with magnezone/magneton with sturdy so you can deal with mega altaria with a steel type move. well cant say much cause i dont know what other mons you have. hmm you can replace sceptile and heatmor with lapras/walrein/dewgong/piloswine. if you find the field to be irritating just change it by using mist(piloswine/mamoswine can learn) or misty terrain(meowstic M/F )

Hi, I'm doing a quad mono,can someone help me with my run?

I'm in need of help for the 1st gym battle, and my team is:

BarrelRoll (Bibarrel)

Norm/water

LVL 15

Tackle

Growl

Water Gun

Rollout

Moegami (Combusken)

Fire/Fight

LVL 18

Scratch

Ember

Peck

Double Kick

Both PKMN have no items

Quad mono? Huh?

Combusken is able to sweep her, if you got good IVs and Nature. If you level both Pokemon to level 19/20 then it'll be a lot easier

brb grinding in progress

maybe I should get a diggersby

cause ground types are the best option in this gym

ignore /\ & this, I accedentally double triple posted

by the way, my quad mono consists of fire, water, ground and flying.

There are no Ground types available before Julia's Gym besides Marshtomp and Wormadam. Diggersby is only available after the second Gym.

Lightningrod Goldeen is probably your best bet, yeah. Also, maybe catch a Butterfree or something to poison her Pokemon?

Ok, just when I thought I had trained enough I was wrong.

I am stuck on Ciel, her retarded Togekiss is annoying. The one time I managed to take it down and got to her Mega Altaria I did not realise it was Fairy/Dragon so my plan to use Krookadile and Outrage failed dismally.

I was also disappointed that my newly levelled Milotic could not learn frost breath and I have no pther ice tms to teach it (why do you hate us Ame?)

Anyway this is my current team:

Golem level 74 (mainly there to setup stealth rock. Togekiss is too fast and kills it before it can get any other moves off)

Charizard level 75 He's there mainly to take out Togekiss, sometimes it works sometimes not

Lapras Level 65

Milotic Level 74 does well at taking out almost everything inbetween togekiss and Altaria

Rhydon Level 75 He's there for backup rock moves and Altaria

Abomasnow Level 70 I don't know why I bothered with this one, honestly he's too slow to get any attacks off and do anything. His typing also makes him susceptable to the flying attacks.

I have the following in backup:

Liligant level 75 Useless due to typing

Steelix level 60

Toxicroak Level 70 typing makes him susceptable to earthquake

Crookadile Level 75 Doesn't bring anything to the table

Mismagius Level 68 Doesn't bring anything to the table

I also have the following side guys arounf level 60 to 65:

Raichu, Novern, Crustle, Meowstic

Any advice for me please??

Hmm... A Steel type would be amazing for you right now (ahem, Steelix). Does Togekiss outspeed Toxicroak? if not, you can hit it with some kind of Poison type attack.

Level the Lapras. as said before, Ice types have an insane advantage over this gym. I don't think that anything resists it (I may be wrong.)

I think that you can get a Snorunt somewhere near Calcenon City. A glalie would be good since it is decently fast and bulky, and learns moves such as priority Ice Shard and Ice Beam. Also, you can go with Destiny Bond Froslass as it is fast and you almost guarentee a kill with it.

Try and go with Sturdy Golem. Then you can have a guarenteed Stealth Rock setup.

Edited by wytch_doctr

I always suggest Sneasel for Ciel. It's got plenty of attack and speed to handle all of Ciel minus Talonflame. You can ev train it pretty fast at the Celestine Cascade next to Amaria and Titania's Chateau. Good rod there pulls up Seaking (2 Attack EV) and Lumineon (2 Speed EV), and there is a healing machine in the Chateau if you get too beat up. Just remember to bring a Surf user or you can't reach it. You can soft reset the Sneasel until you get a good nature and IVs. Also you'll want to make sure it has Icicle Crash as it's egg move, since that's your main damager. Ice Shard is not really helpful in Ciel. Pop a NeverMeltIce on Sneasel to maximize the damage output (you can find NeverMeltIce in that giant mountain somewhere. Requires Waterfall and Dive, might even be a hidden item).

I'm having serious trouble with the 9th gym, she just slaughters my whole team. I've recently reshuffled my team, this is it now:

Kaji (Delphox) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magician
Level: 63
EVs: 47 HP / 122 Atk / 89 Def / 86 SpA / 57 SpD / 109 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 26 Def / 6 SpA / 3 SpD / 11 Spe
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Light Screen
Swoobat (M)
Ability: Simple
Level: 61
EVs: 54 HP / 133 Atk / 40 Def / 102 SpA / 43 SpD / 72 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 16 Atk / 24 Def / 16 SpA / 25 SpD / 20 Spe
- Psychic
- Future Sight
- Air Slash
- Calm Mind
Mako (Makuhita) (M)
Ability: Guts
Level: 50
EVs: 1 Atk / 2 Def / 1 SpD
Naive Nature
IVs: 14 HP / 29 Atk / 12 Def / 7 SpA / 22 SpD / 27 Spe
- Wake-Up Slap
- Endure
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
Edmodo (Drapion) (F)
Ability: Sniper
Level: 57
EVs: 33 HP / 108 Atk / 53 Def / 63 SpA / 29 SpD / 50 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 17 HP / 21 Atk / 20 Def / 5 SpA / 19 SpD / 9 Spe
- Cross Poison
- Crunch
- Toxic Spikes
- Hone Claws
Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (Noivern)
Ability: Frisk
Level: 50
EVs: 19 HP / 50 Atk / 12 Def / 24 SpA / 21 SpD / 14 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 22 HP / 21 Atk / 27 Def / 12 SpA / 17 SpD / 3 Spe
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
Glock (Graveler) (F)
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 55
EVs: 21 HP / 75 Atk / 18 Def / 32 SpA / 9 SpD / 30 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 7 Atk / 8 Def / 4 SpA / 19 SpD / 6 Spe
- Rock Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Defense
- Earthquake
These are the pokemon I have in waiting:
Shiny Krabby lvl 36
Shiny Mankey lvl 44
Budew lvl 11
Wingull lvl 14
Ledyba lvl 6
Kricketot lvl 3
Another Ledyba lvl 6
Igglybuff lvl 9
Swirlix lvl 15

Espurr lvl 4

Lillipup lvl 15

Zigzagoon lvl 5

Ducklett lvl 1

Mareep lvl 14

Spritzee lvl 25

Trubbish lv 19

Plusle lvl 20

Delcatty lvl 20

Buizel lvl 25

Snubbull lvl 20

Litleo lvl 18

Abra lvl 15

Electrike lvl 18

Helioptile lvl 24

Petilil lvl 15

Oddish lvl 11

Onix lvl 15

Vanillite lvl 15

Happiny lvl 10

Pansear lvl 7

Seel lvl 1

Lunatone lvl 30

Kecleon lvl 44

Ralts (F) lvl 10

Shellos lvl 33

Meditite lvl 25

Glameow lvl 27

Houndour lvl 30

Misdreavus lvl 50

Croagunk lvl 31

Vanillite lvl 30

Another Vanillite lvl 30

Yet Another Vanillite lvl 30

Roggenrola lvl 24

Loudred lvl 35

Lickitung lvl 35

Jigglypuff lvl 10

Cyndaquil lvl 10

Vanillite lvl 35

Should I just grind my current team, or shuffle more?

I think your best bet is to send Glock out first to weaken the field with EQ, then send out Mako (get this thing leveled up and evolved, seriously) to kill Carter, Bandersnatch, and Cheshire Cat (call it in when these are not on the field). If there is anyone in particular out of March Hare, HumptyDumpty, and Jubjub Bird that you struggle with, send out Noivern, use a Max Revive on Glock, let Noivern die, send Glock out, EQ the field and KO everyone. I'm not seeing anything to deal with those last 3, but Gardevoir is a really strong Fairy type with Moonblast, which can kill those 3 (hopefully without dying in the process).

well i would just grind your makuhita and make it a hariyama. hariyama should be able to sweep Luna with close combat and for march hare(sableye) just Eq the field 2 time bam everything dies.Also grind your pokemon to around lvl 60-63. you should be able to grind at grand hall as the trainer there can be rebattled again and again.