Calmer Seas

Maelstrom

Well, I knew exactly what Doc was talking about when he said this place has changed. And not for the better, in my opinion.

Everything has become so... unreal. The chat has deteriorated into obsessive rp'ing and shallow whisperings that I've no desire to be part of. For me, gone are the days of meaningful and humorous banter I used to enjoy. This place just doesn't suit my style anymore.

The older members are slowing washing out as newer members take their place at Reborn's core.
But as Doc said, that's change for ya.

I shall linger here only long enough to deliver parting words to particular members, even as I deliberate what those words should be.

But to the reborn en masse, I bid thee farewell.

[quote name='Maelstrom' timestamp='1310436834' post='17737']
Everything has become so... unreal. The chat has deteriorated into obsessive rp'ing and shallow whisperings that I've no desire to be part of. For me, gone are the days of meaningful and humorous banter I used to enjoy. This place just doesn't suit my style anymore.
[/quote]

ya think?

it's pretty ridiculous, and the main reason I just lurklurklurk.

Hey. I just joined and I enjoyed Reborn for awhile, but now, it's becoming boring even for me. But I don't really wanna leave, I met alot of nice people. Even though I don't really know you, Maelstrom, I bid you fairwell. o.o

Mael...
My dearest Mael, you've been with us so long and we've been through so much together. You were one of the last reoccurring old members (besides Ice and Ame) and I'm going to be sad seeing you go. Change is tough, change is sometimes not for the better but no matter what know that this is your home, even if it's not the home you grew up in. I thank you for everything you've done for this community and for the on and off 4 years I've known you. You've always been an awesome guy, funny, real, caring(in your own way). But hey this isn't good bye, just a see you around.

I love you

[color="#800080"][i]~Saya[/i][/color]

Funny, I was listening to this song as I was reading this.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z87ltstOZp4[/spoiler]

But yes, it does seem like we new members have been taking over. But alas, things change. And sometimes they change more than we would like them too.

Good luck, Mael

Sad to see you go Mael you are one of the oldest members of Reborn I wish you luck.

Wolf- Reborn has been like this for awhile, the only difference is it has grown in the masses and therefore has become unbearable to some.

I'm not really blaming the new members for my leaving. My leaving is a simple acknowledgement of a fundamental change in Reborn rather than any number of individuals driving me out. Those of you who've known me long enough will know better than that. I've no fear of any member here, past or present, though I value the regard of some members more than others. In essence, reborn has drifted away from what it once was and I myself have drifted away from reborn. Increasingly, older members and friends are silent or away. My own absences have also pulled me away from Reborn's daily bustle so that I return to so many new and very young individuals I know nothing about. With so much distance between myself and Reborn as it now stands, I have chosen to let it go.

In fact, there are several newer members I would have liked to have gotten to know better but circumstances dictate otherwise.

Ame, Ice, Saya, Ikaru, Neku, Tenshi, Muin, Kingo, Erick and several others... I leave you with my warm regards. A few of you I hope to run into sometime on Live or PSN again.

Cyrus, Mafia, Makusho, Charr, Hanyuu, Owen, and others I can't remember the names of at the moment, I am saddened I didn't have the opportunity to know you all better.

• Administrators
Haha, well, I'm sure you think I'd be pleased to see you go, but... Nah. As has been said, even by myself on Doc's thread, seeing older members who have been around since I joined makes me kinda sad... But this is your choice, so I wouldn't speak against it regardless. And really, the only time we've disagreed that badly was about Titania, and that's no reason to hate someone else << >>

Must say, I at least like that you always let your opinions be known and were never afraid to speak out. Hopefully, the "calmer seas" are good to you, bro. And for the record, my gamertag is "Ikaru Kazuna" (lol what originality?) but don't expect me to play much... Really I only use it to talk with my friends since I just graduated and whatnot, as well as those who moved away... But just so you can have it, there it is.

[color="#9932CC"]Not much I can say Mael. I can kinda see where you are coming from, and that is actually why I've quit a community I was a part of for 6+ years. I'll be seeing you on PSN.

~Erick

(Didn't put too much due to the fact that...I'm getting massive lag right now)[/color]