Smite General Discussion

Shamitako

Oh, snap, Smite action occurred

Hi all peeps

currently waiting for rats update.

TBH, I don't particularly like new Rat, although he's defs a lot stronger

i'm gonna play so much rat when he gets reworked, but hopefully the update doesn't turn him back to release date rat so hi rez gets to nerf him to the ground again >>

Looks like he might be that strong. But Hi-Rez has been performing well with balancing lately, so it may work out anyways

Suano-o looks good. already have a set for him.

He's super well done, Hi-Rez has really been nailing it with their new god releases lately

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the general stradegy I c 4 susano (I use this too) is the transcendence setup. I think the next two gods that haven't gotten trailer yet, but have been introduced with little information by the way are the dragon in norse mythology as a guardian (I think). then we have amaterasu and susano's other sibling as a warrior/hunter (I think). Only the names were given, Im only speculating on what there class would be.

Although if u wanna b a strong, tanky, susano pm me. Im not posting this publicly, cuz a certain item is giving physical power when it shouldn't (need to report cuz its a glitch). And I don't want people to ruin him like this.

Edited by Jmanultrax1

How is Amaterasu? Thinking about picking her up.

I've only played 1 or 2 games, but I feel like she's a very mobile warrior and tons of fun as you can get away with a lot of stuff. I remember when i managed to hit 4 people with all 3 hits of her ult, so that's defnitely satisfying to do. If you can't decide, just try her out in jungle practice, and see her skill set.

How is Amaterasu? Thinking about picking her up.

She's definitely one of my favorites to play, but my honest opinion is that she's one of the worst warriors in the game right now, at least as far as 1v1 fights go. Her ult is super reliant on their escape being down, so you really have to try to bait those out if you're going to hit with it. Literally any dash or leap will get them away and leave you feeling annoyed. Her damage is also pretty subpar with her ult>2 combo unless you build her like an assassin. She's definitely more team-oriented with the nature of her ult and her auras, so she can function pretty well in team fights. You're more likey to hit with her ult in the chaos and it can create some good openings for your team.

As someone who mostly plays Arena, Ama feels very strong to me. Her teamfighting is insane and her mobility even more insane. You do insane damages with your 2 at max charge (although it takes a couple levels) and your ult lets you stun entire teams if you use it properly. Certain escapes will let them get away, but thanks to how far you can move with your ulti up you can actually catch most gods even if they use their escape (assuming you have your 1 on speed and not damage). Just remember that you have to hit at least one god with each strike to get the stun on the third one. Also the regen on her 1 is P crazy, a lot of people forget about it but it's easily spammable and gives a whole lot of HP/S. Her dash can feel a little awkward since it's slightly delayed, but I don't find it to be too big of an issue

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some Smite players! XD

Iv been playing since Beta and it good to see Smite is growing! I use to play LoL but that game is soooooo crap now, same map, nothing special. Smite I feel will be the next Best Moba!

​My Smite IGN is: MetaIPhreak (The L is an capital i ) I play almost everyday and always looking for more friends! Add me :) <3

This thread got me to redownload smite, thanks.

IGN is amiableMortician and I am LOVING the HECK out of belloma. (probably gonna try athena and fafnir too)

I like the stance change system, the feeling of power, all that jazz. otherwise, I'm also learning Ymir and Guan Ti (is that how you spell it?) for when free weekend ends. fave role is probably Tank because I love the feeling of invulnerability.

what cancels guan ti's ult (the horse?) I was want a nice stun but I can never get it.

ughhhh humpf I feel the same way, I pour like 80 bucks into that game and my main hasn't been in the patch notes in 4 years

(its Yorick)(no skins since release)(never forget)(also ekko was such a nice design and the community RUINED IT)(and zed exists...)

This thread got me to redownload smite, thanks.

IGN is amiableMortician and I am LOVING the HECK out of belloma. (probably gonna try athena and fafnir too)

I like the stance change system, the feeling of power, all that jazz. otherwise, I'm also learning Ymir and Guan Ti (is that how you spell it?) for when free weekend ends. fave role is probably Tank because I love the feeling of invulnerability.

what cancels guan ti's ult (the horse?) I was want a nice stun but I can never get it.

ughhhh humpf I feel the same way, I pour like 80 bucks into that game and my main hasn't been in the patch notes in 4 years

(its Yorick)(no skins since release)(never forget)(also ekko was such a nice design and the community RUINED IT)(and zed exists...)

Just so you know, ymir and guan yu are free for all accounts all the time.

Anyway, guan yu is cc immune while he's in his ult or when he's on his horse, so it's either 1. Kill him asap or 2. Just run.

I understand that GY and ymir are always free, this isn't my first time at this particular rodeo.

for GY, I'm asking as someone playing AS him. I can't stop moving and I can't seem to early-cancel the ult in order to stun those around me, like the wiki says I can.

also, some other smite thoughts:

there are like 5 good skins

aoe skills with mobility are hard to hit due to the travel time

being a dragon is incredible

as far as non-free gods go, Fafnir (Dragon), Belloma (different weapons), Athena (shen ult+taunt), and Kali (ARMS!) are all on my to-buy list.

I understand that GY and ymir are always free, this isn't my first time at this particular rodeo.

for GY, I'm asking as someone playing AS him. I can't stop moving and I can't seem to early-cancel the ult in order to stun those around me, like the wiki says I can.

as far as non-free gods go, Fafnir (Dragon), Belloma (different weapons), Athena (shen ult+taunt), and Kali (ARMS!) are all on my to-buy list.

Ah, I see. Have you tried using right click while you're in ult? That's usually the cancel button for a lot of gods.

Also, skin wise, most of the boost skins are exclusive, in chests, or limited, unfortunately :[ It's a thing that smite suffers from, but they recently made the chests equal chance for all skins if you roll.

Left-clicking will make him swing for damage, and right-clicking will stop you immediately for the stun.

Definitely disagree with this. Opinions are opinions, but I think the game is full of some great skins. Jack the Reaper Thanatos, Digi-Ymir, Swagni, Triumph and Agni, Convention Artemis, Slaughterhouse Chaac, Lord Slashington III Fenrir, All for One Freya, Classic Hades, Grim Wraith Hades, Solstice Hel, Infinity Wave He Bo, Derpules, Jandroid, Riftshaker Janus, Bass Drop Janus, Infiltrator Loki, Scarlet Coven Isis, Trophy Hunter Kali, Aphra Cadabra Aphrodite, Orbital Strike Rama... The list goes on and on...

If you're having difficulty with this, I assure you, it'll come with time. There are very few, if any, skills in the game that I think are too difficult to hit and need redesigning. Eventually you'll get the hang of them after using the character enough.

Haven't tried out Fafnir yet, but he looks pretty cool. Athena's a super fun Guardian, so I'd definitely recommend her. One of my favorites in that class.

Definitely disagree with this. Opinions are opinions, but I think the game is full of some great skins. Jack the Reaper Thanatos, Digi-Ymir, Swagni, Triumph and Agni, Convention Artemis, Slaughterhouse Chaac, Lord Slashington III Fenrir, All for One Freya, Classic Hades, Grim Wraith Hades, Solstice Hel, Infinity Wave He Bo, Derpules, Jandroid, Riftshaker Janus, Bass Drop Janus, Infiltrator Loki, Scarlet Coven Isis, Trophy Hunter Kali, Aphra Cadabra Aphrodite, Orbital Strike Rama... The list goes on and on...

Oh yeah, these are really good skins (Especially riftshaker janus that one is like my favorite atm) But a lot of skins you listed are exclusive/limited :[

If you're wondering which he listed are buyable though, here is what is from the list:

Digi-Ymir, Slaughterhouse Chaac, Classic Hades, Solstice Hel, Jandroid, Riftshaker Janus, Infiltrator Loki, Scarlet Coven Isis, and that's it from the list.

All the others you have to get from chests/events, or you might not even be able to get it at all. However, as I mentioned in my above post, they recently made chests more even, so you should have a better chance in getting the "exclusive" skins in chests.

Oh yeah, these are really good skins (Especially riftshaker janus that one is like my favorite atm) But a lot of skins you listed are exclusive/limited :[

If you're wondering which he listed are buyable though, here is what is from the list:

Digi-Ymir, Slaughterhouse Chaac, Classic Hades, Solstice Hel, Jandroid, Riftshaker Janus, Infiltrator Loki, Scarlet Coven Isis, and that's it from the list.

All the others you have to get from chests/events, or you might not even be able to get it at all. However, as I mentioned in my above post, they recently made chests more even, so you should have a better chance in getting the "exclusive" skins in chests.

Yeah they have made chests more available now. Speaking of chests they released the 'Hocus Pocus' chest when Fafnir came out and it has a lot of exclusive skins including the new Aphro Dite one! I don't play Aphro but will play for that skin!

ok so I looked all these up and wow they're all pretty cool. also basically all of hades's skins are really rad I had no idea.

also I looked up the Hocus Pocus chest and god dangit the exclusive skins are all incredibly cool, with cyberpunk skins for athena and JPF Nemesis

so I was wrong there.

anyway smite is a great game and I look forward to playing more of it.

also: the daily login rewards are incredible.

P.S. why is georgia in the opening credits like I'm not mad it's my home state but...what the heck?

Edited by doombotmecha

P.S. why is georgia in the opening credits like I'm not mad it's my home state but...what the heck?

Hi-Rez's headquarters is in Georgia. Qualifying games and other media created in Georgia can put the Georgia logo in their work to receive a 20% tax credit. So basically, it's because free money.

Best skin in the game <3

I'm actually gonna start playing Smite again. For a while I was frustrated by the stupidity of Duel's meta, but I'm over it now. I'll just stick to Arena and 3v3

I'm not too active on Reborn right now, for, reasons (literally got on to check D&D PMs and this caught my eye). So please add me on Steam (MasterWeavile898 or KosherKitten should work. My avatar is a pink haired anime girl with dark skin) and send me a message there if you want to play

ok so rn im torn between athena and bellona for "first char im gonna buy". leaning towards athena b/c i can actually get good results out of it, but bel's weapon system is so cool. I love the heavy stun spread on guardians, rather than a league tank with like 1 or 2 single-target hard ccs with like 20 secs cd. I also love the secondary meters for every god, and how bellona can cast her spells while moving, and how the delays inherent in a god's kit don't make me feel like I'm counterplaying myself (unlike, say, sion) but instead everything flows together really nicely.

Bellona is definitely the way to go, unlike Athena Bellona can be built in so many ways, because she's a warrior. Athena is hard to build on offense (mainly being that's it near impossible with her kit). Bellona can be build to be a tank, powerful, attack speed, half-guardian. Her ability's really help to her kit. also her ultimate can be used to engage, escape, and follow up. in my opinion you should choose Bellona, but its your final decision so choose whoever you want to buy :)

Edited by Jmanultrax1

Heads up people, there's a free skin (Athena Liberte) currently happening on this webpage:

http://www.smitegame.com/ni-dieux-ni-maitres/?lang=fr_FR

Scroll down and it will say to connect with facebook, and after you do, it will ask for your platform. Note that this will only work for NA/EU/Oceania servers, so sorry latam.
If you have troubles, just let google automatically translate for you. Note that the liberte skin for Athena is exclusive, so that's pretty neato c:

I would go Bellona aswell. Even though i have not played her she is a PAIN to Vs because of her damage potential and tankiness. I have played Athena and i dont like her. Yes she's one of the top Guardians but i find her boring, weak and hard to play for some reason. Bellona can Solo, deal damage, hold a lane, pretty much everything and anything, Athena on the other hand can be a great support and can take a hit, even deal damage if built. At the end of the day its what you like, if you like to Support then Athena is the way to go, if you like to Solo and deal damage and annoy the hell out of the enemy team, then Bellona is a great choice :)

Bellona is definitely the way to go, unlike Athena Bellona can be built in so many ways, because she's a warrior. Athena is hard to build on offense (mainly being that's it near impossible with her kit). Bellona can be build to be a tank, powerful, attack speed, half-guardian. Her ability's really help to her kit. also her ultimate can be used to engage, escape, and follow up. in my opinion you should choose Bellona, but its your final decision so choose whoever you want to buy :)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlatantLies

Clearly you have never played full damage Athena. She's actually one of the better scaling guardians. With Polynomicon+her passive you can get some insane DPS off by intertwining her AAs and her skills. Or you can just instagib things with her taunt+delayed AoE thing combo

Personally I like Bella better than Athena. Bella isn't OP anymore (although Athena still is) but she's still super fun if you can play her well. She's great early game and her teamfight presence with a Hammer or tank build is P strong. Or you can build Scourge and 1v1 everything not named Apollo while still maintaining passable utility in teamfights. Just keep in mind that with Bella you have to snowball off your early game if you want to build damage. If you go even or get behind, immediately switch to building tank (your first item for any build will usually be Frostbound so the transition is easy)

I haven't played much things, but Bella is my second (might be third now, IDR) most played, so I'm probs a tad biased :P

hey, thanks for all the replies!

ended up unlocking bellona since I'd wanted her when I first played the game back in, like, summer 2015...man, it's been a while. also some other reasons as listed above.

Athena will definently be my next buy because 1)I was a support main in league 2) she feels really nice to play as (shen ult, dashes and a nice, wide cc) 3) reasons listed above and 4) Ymir is one ugly sonofagun, and Athena is not. Like seriously, he isn't even wearing pants!

but until I get a bit higher level I don't think that a support god is going to be as useful in conquest matches as a half-damage character who can carry harder. That's mostly my league experience--you can have fun as a support, but you cannot carry a game by yourself. That may be different in smite, however, due to the fact that Hard CC actually exists in this game.

but then, so does fenrir. sigh...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlatantLies

Clearly you have never played full damage Athena. She's actually one of the better scaling guardians. With Polynomicon+her passive you can get some insane DPS off by intertwining her AAs and her skills. Or you can just instagib things with her taunt+delayed AoE thing combo

Personally I like Bella better than Athena. Bella isn't OP anymore (although Athena still is) but she's still super fun if you can play her well. She's great early game and her teamfight presence with a Hammer or tank build is P strong. Or you can build Scourge and 1v1 everything not named Apollo while still maintaining passable utility in teamfights. Just keep in mind that with Bella you have to snowball off your early game if you want to build damage. If you go even or get behind, immediately switch to building tank (your first item for any build will usually be Frostbound so the transition is easy)

I haven't played much things, but Bella is my second (might be third now, IDR) most played, so I'm probs a tad biased :P

Didn't think I'd see Smite on Reborn, but its great to see it.

I like putting Soul Reaver on Athena with Poly because it works great with her combos. I'll always stick with Ymir even though I've been seeing less of him. He has a great kit, and can do a lot of damage. I personally hate Bell though because she is everywhere and she does so much damage even as a tank. Can't go a game anymore, even in assault, without seeing an enemy Bell pop up and completely run through our team :/