Question of the Day

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

I used to have a phobia of dogs. It was to the point where I once reflexively ran into a road while cars were moving to avoid a small, harmless looking dog that was on a leash. My body eventually ran out of energy to keep producing that fear response, so now my chest just feels slightly heavy around dogs.

Sharp objects being near me in certain situations. One time someone kept trying to poke me with a pen and my fight or flight response activated and I choked him. I'm not sure if I still have the same level of fear for this. I could've ran out of energy for this one too. Every negative/strenuous feeling for me seems to have a finite amount where eventually my body and mind just don't have the energy to produce it anymore. It's not that I get used to the events that cause the feelings, my brain just gets too lazy to feel the feelings because of how much mental energy it uses.

Is there is a synonym for energy? I used it at least 5 times in this post. . x .

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

I used to have a phobia of dogs. It was to the point where I once reflexively ran into a road while cars were moving to avoid a small, harmless looking dog that was on a leash. My body eventually ran out of energy to keep producing that fear response, so now my chest just feels slightly heavy around dogs.

I have the same feeling with dogs. There's lots of stray dogs here in our place, and almost always, I'd get chased by them.

Like that one time when I went jogging and got chased by two Pitbulls..

• Global Mods

Sunday is boring. It's like being injected with mashed potatoes and sunsets and it just makes you feel immobile. It drags on. Nothing happens at all. It's like going to see a movie and having to sit through 24 hours of ads and previews.

I like sundaes, but I don't like Sundays. Sundays would be better if everyone got a free sundae.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

As much as I would love to say Monday is the worst, I'm going to have to go with Wednesday because sometimes when you realize that it is the middle of the week and you still have to wait for the weekend, its just really depressing.

I've got a very advanced case of short sightedness that, if these lenses didn't dramatically slow, would render me almost blind in about 5-10 years.

I still don't understand the price tag behind it nor why lasek surgery wouldn't actually be the cheaper alternative in that case.