Question of the Day

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually go something along the lines of "why are you telling me this?"

Edit: I'm an idiot. I answered the wrong question. I would tell them something along the lines of not asking irritating questions.

Edited by mde2001

If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say? - [10/21/2015]

"Sometimes, you gotta not give a fuck. Go do something and not worry about what people think of you and be happy about it. You know what I mean? Just don't go be an asshole all of a sudden either"

This is counter-intuitive advice, but make up your own mind about things. Decide your morals yourself, don't let them be handed to you by your upbringing or peers. Just be your own person, individuality is a form of perfection. Something like that probably. I tried to think of something random but I couldn't x.x OH! XUR LEAVES THE TOWER AT MIDNIGHT ON SATURDAY IN PDT! So he's not around on Sundays, BUT if you're GMT, you can catch him up until 7am because of the time difference (or is it 9am..?) I think it's probably 9.

October 10th 2015

Play Video games.

October 13th 2015

Next to it unless it's the powder kind in which case it's on it.

October 14th 2014

I would add more color options for the themes (Where's my purple?)

October 18th 2015

I alternate between tormenting people and playing video games

October 19th 2015

Hooray I'm not dead!!!!

October 21th 2015

Don't tell the whole truth if you can; tell things that are mostly truth if you must, but the truth is something that you try to hide until you think they're ready or If you think it will hurt them more to not tell the whole truth.

When you're independent.

For example, moving away from home,

Doing your own bills, laundry, stuff like that..

I suppose it could also be at the loss of virginity or the turning of 18 but I don't agree with these,

Having completed one of those criteria without receiving the self-considered title of "Adult".

Wait, what's the plural of "criteria"?

Is it just Criteria? x.x

Or is Criteria the plural and there's a singular word for it...?

Gosh, I ain't such goods @ Unglesh

I'll consider myself an adult when I have to go out and make decisions and deal with the consequences myself without relying on my parents. Also making important life decisions like where to raise and start a family, which job offer is the better one and how will it affect my life. That's probably when I'll consider myself an adult, even though most adults don't even know what it means to be an adult nowadays.

That's not such an easy question you ask there. I'm not sure whether I am an adult or not.

Some say it's when you focus on reality, but living without that childish wonder I believe is hardly living at all.
You could say when you're self-sufficient, but who actually is? When you think about it, everyone depends on a lot of stuff.
I vastly disagree with losing virginity or turning 18, since I know many examples of being completely immature yet still fullfilling those criteria...
Perhaps carving your own path, facing the consequences of your choices is a good way of defining maturity, but a lot of kids do this (especially in empoverished places), yet calling them mature for that could be a little too exaggerated.

My best guess is that one could be called mature when one has and uses all the tools to look at and discover the world critically, and make up for their own what they believe is valuable to them. That way, they can walk the path of their own choosing. I don't know if that's true, but it's the best I can come up with at this point in life.

When you're independent.

For example, moving away from home,

Doing your own bills, laundry, stuff like that..

I suppose it could also be at the loss of virginity or the turning of 18 but I don't agree with these,

Having completed one of those criteria without receiving the self-considered title of "Adult".

Wait, what's the plural of "criteria"?

Is it just Criteria? x.x

Or is Criteria the plural and there's a singular word for it...?

Gosh, I ain't such goods @ Unglesh

Criterium is singular, criteria is plural, fyi.