Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

OCMjSLm.png

So, this topic has been stagnating a bit, hasn't it? It is our fault tho, as we created buzz around a possible beta release and then didn't follow up on it. To apologize, and to keep you guys busy while waiting for the beta (I myself don't exactly know how long is left untill that to be honest, it's all in Azery's hands), we are announcing a new Pokemon: please everyone give it up for Pikrieg!

ug8qZLL.png

This Pokemon is very important for me, as it is one of the original trio. By this I mean that this Pokemon is one of the 3 Pokemon I had created for Pokemon Gaia, a fangame project of which I was the leader almost five years ago, which failed miserably. Of course, when I contacted Zim to get this project started, this was one of the first concepts I shared with him, hence why I am calling it "the original trio" (the other two members of said trio have not been announced yet). And well, after how much of a disappointment it was for me when Gaia failed, to see this creation of mine finally given life by Zim's masterful vectorial art... I really cannot explain with words how much it means for me.

Anyway, this guy is Electric/Grass, a combination only shared by Rotom Mow. Everything about it, including its stats, its movepool and its very typing, was arranged specifically to make it the perfect abuser of a specific ability, but I won't tell you which one. However, said ability is one of its possible normal abilities, so it won't take long for you to find out. If you do not choose Eufur as your starter, this guy is guaranteed to find a way spot in your team sooner rather than later... And even if you do pick Eufur, this guy is a solid choice for an Electric-type. Actually, there are many interesting Grass-type in Graterras, including this one, and many are obtainable early on, so maybe hardcore gamers could attempt a mono-Grass run?

Anyway, this is all I have to say about my brainchild Pikrieg, please discuss!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Veterans

You wanna know what happened to beta? Bugs and time issues. The former have been nearly completely exterminated so...Soon™.

Meanwhile, we have the electric Tepig/Swinub. This thing will bring forth the revolution that is known as self frying bacon! Isn't that nice :P

You wanna know what happened to beta? Bugs and time issues. The former have been nearly completely exterminated so...Soon™.

Meanwhile, we have the electric Tepig/Swinub. This thing will bring forth the revolution that is known as self frying bacon! Isn't that nice :P

Not only is it bacon, it is self frying vegetarian bacon!

It probably won't see any resistance from any Water-Types, since both of Water's Weaknesses to this 'Mon are only coverable by something that is weak to the other type. (Except for Dragon Types, but Dragons are probably going to be pretty hard to find. We haven't seen any revealed thus far, after all.)

Fun fact about the Pikrieg evolution line; It is the only line whose cries were made by me. All other cries were made by Calvius.

But yeah, I quite like this pig and its typing, which is only shared by 1 other Pokemon, which isn't even seen all that often!

It probably won't see any resistance from any Water-Types, since both of Water's Weaknesses to this 'Mon are only coverable by something that is weak to the other type. (Except for Dragon Types, but Dragons are probably going to be pretty hard to find. We haven't seen any revealed thus far, after all.)

We did reveal a dragon a while back: Bloanna, which is Dragon/Steel. Meaning, it walls Pikrieg completely ;-;

Curiously enough, Bloanna is also a brainchild of mine, why did I make a Pokemon that completely shuts down another creation of mine?

Naturally, it has Big Pecks, does it not?

I've been waiting so long for this. It seems it won't be available early on, since any combination of the basic types gives much potential to a pokemon. I really want one. Can someone at least leak if it's a special or physical attacker? Looks cute enough (hard not to admit) and is probably a 2-evo line, so it's a must for any rotation, I suppose. Also, it's the first electric type you reveal, which is nice on its own.

Now, if only something like this was canon, I'd be very pleased

(and no, the various Rotom forms that have the best typings around never felt like real pokemon).

Well rotom forms aren't technically real pokemon anyways. They're just a rotom, that gets control over a home appliance.

Still waiting for Rotom-Blender Electric/Steel.

On topic though, na, we not revealing anything about their stats etc, you'll have to learn that as you play. ((or be lame, but... you wouldn't be lame and ruin it by looking at the code would you? I'd silently judge you for all eternity.)). However, try and think of the part where Tomas said it had an ability that it aims to take advantage of it's movepool, think of it's types and try and think of an ability that moves could be based around based on this. Maybe you'll find out something cool. We're still not going to tell you what it is, however, this should be an interesting exercise to see if your right once the game's actually out or at least when you can pick up this little pig and put 'im on your team.

Anyway, this guy is Electric/Grass, a combination only shared by Rotom Mow. Everything about it, including its stats, its movepool and its very typing, was arranged specifically to make it the perfect abuser of a specific ability, but I won't tell you which one. However, said ability is one of its possible normal abilities, so it won't take long for you to find out.

Ok it's obvious that many moves have secondary effects, mostly flinching, unless you want to surprize us and pull of a "No guard" as many of them have low Acc. So basically, Serene Grace and Sheer Force are the main candidates. Taking it a step further (and because I just feel obliged to present another "probable" ability) I could even see it have Reckless to abuse Wild Charge and Wood Hammer.

It obviously has Swift Swim.

Well, rain makes thunder perfectly accurate, and fire type moves deal 50% less damage on it, good for a grass type. Plus speed gets doubled. It is the most logical choice out of all the abilities proposed up to this point, tbh.

Fun fact about the Pikrieg evolution line; It is the only line whose cries were made by me. All other cries were made by Calvius.

But yeah, I quite like this pig and its typing, which is only shared by 1 other Pokemon, which isn't even seen all that often!

So im suppose to name all my Pikriegs Nova o.o?

Also this screams Pikachu knockoff, not that it isn't adorable <3

But do to a small piece of info i do believe the first gym is gonna dose Captain Punch to death D;

Ok, so i have been tabbing on and off with this fangame... can anyone give me a basic summary of what has happened so far? i wanna get interested in this again, but i dont wanna read through 70+ pages ;-;

thanks!

We haven't seen too much on the plot, but aside from the information in the OP, we've only had interviews with the Gym Leaders in random order, a couple of Pokemon announced (mainly the ones early game), and the protagonists and rival shown. I think there was also one or two pictures of towns/cities.

We haven't seen too much on the plot, but aside from the information in the OP, we've only had interviews with the Gym Leaders in random order, a couple of Pokemon announced (mainly the ones early game), and the protagonists and rival shown. I think there was also one or two pictures of towns/cities.

To be precise, we have announced 7 of the 8 gym leaders, the MCs and rivals, and a plethora of Pokemon. We also dropped hints regarding the plot here and there, but since we put a lot of effort into making that unique, we don't want to spoil anything. Also, the beta for episode 1 is allegedly on its way, so your best bet at this point might be to just wait for that and see what the game has to offer.