Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

Ok, Tomas, you want Logic? - YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LOGIC!!!

Let me start:

the first parts are obviously the character indtroductions...

from the Locke's part we know, that this "Looker" (who might not even be the Looker we know), already investigated against him and that he is a criminal - but due to that trial he goes free - and this "Looker" has some personal 'vendetta' (if you say so) against him.

Newton is just his new right-hand man and most-likely body-guard with no criminal history - since Newton is a local (he was a bouncer in Elysia City before), Locke might have hired him also as a guide, since Locke also seems to be relativeley new to Graterras (see -> "Lookers" previous investigation).

Brigit Q - the Hitwoman... she might even be somewhat related to "Pokemonhunter J" from the Anime? - just speculating because of those unusual single letters... (where X normally is a synonym for anonimity - like Madame X)

She is the sole reason for this investigation, since Locke hasn't done anything bad yet - but she is a top criminal... but why would Locke go so far as to hire/work with a KILLER?

the mentioned rumors involving this big company, of course!

now, the only big Company we know is the Cook Company (like ICSW already stated).

the rumors say these three are involved with a fourth person, who is involved with the company and granted them access to their buildings, as they plan to take over the company from within!

Who is the leader and or founder of the Cook Company? - Catherines father and current (honorary-)Champion of the region!

so we can assume that Mr.Cook is NOT the 4th person... why would you try to take over the company when the Boss is already on your side?

but what can they do to take over the company? - well they have a KILLER! - they could assassinate Mr.Cook, or threaten him in any way - when we met him he said he had some business to attend to... that could mean that he already got threatened with some information from within the company...

also the company workers might get (forcebly) recruited by these 'fanatic four' to form an evil organization... TEAM CROOK!

(you now... Cook + R = Crook = criminal)

however, we don't know any kind of goals of this "unholy alliance" yet... but maybe it has something to do with the position of the Champion... more then often the Champion of a region holds some key or secret of the region safe, mostly something that ties to a legendary pokemon!

And let's be honest... all the evil organizations are after a certain Legendary Pokemon... so that would fit.

Mr.Cook and his company helped build up Graterras from almost nothing! - during these building periods, he stumbled upon the resting place of a very powerful Pokemon... to make sure no one wakes it up and unleashes it's fury upon the Region, he build the Pokemon League above it's lair to hide it...

for all his efforts, in building up the region, he was assigned the Champion title - which he DIDN'T actually want! (he talks about it, remember?)

Now he holds the key to this legendary Pokemon, and knows it's location... now the 'fanatic four' infiltrate his company to get as much information as possible, take over the company, take EVERYTHING from him (better watch out Catherine!!!), to get him to open that pokemons lair to them and allow them access to it's great destructive Power!

Newton is the informant - he is a local, he knows about Mr.Crooks company and his feats for the region, that's why he was hired by Locke... Brigit Q was hired for those threats...

that fourth member, who is already inside the company might even be a friend to Newton, and that's how they actually got access to it.

"Hey pal... there is something BIG, and we need your help... don't worry, you will get your fair share" - kind of deal.

Mr.Cook knew that sometimes, something might get leaked out about that legendary Pokemon and didn't want to hold responsibility, since he already has his company... and a big company is not necesserily the best place to hide secrets... that's why he didn't want to be champion - so he didn't have to worry about it... that's why asked the professor to get starter pokemon to the MC and his/her friends ASAP.

He wants someone who he can trust, to be Champion!

and since you are friend with his daughter... why shouldn't he trust you?

*Mic drop*

and yeah - now I highly expect a hostage situation involving BrigitQ holding Catherine hostage and battleing you and Mr.Cook(or Timothy) in a double battle, while she has only Level 100 Pokemons (including the local Pseudo/s) - which you are supposed to lose... or at least, are not meant to win... ... and after the battle "Looker" comes in and saves her... or HE is DUSGUISED as Catherine! (since THE Looker is a master of disguise)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool stuff

As usual, I am impressed by your ability to come up with what is essentially a plot of your own, starting from scarce information. This is what I wanted to see, it was an entertaining read. What really impresses me tho is the fact that you actually got some things right (and some completely wrong, although your ideas are almost as compelling as our own). Of course, I cannot confirm nor deny anything, but here are some things I would like to say:

1) Yes, Looker is THAT Looker. I would NEVER pull a bait and switch on you guys, given how loyally you follow us. It would be a complete lack of respect, and I respect our followers.

2) No connections to the anime whatsoever. Our plot is completely original and has no ties with any existing Pokemon canon (with Looker being the obvious exception, but even in his case, we are going to give him much more character development than your average game would do). If you are curious about Brigit's name, I will gladly enlighten you: it was chosen specifically to fit a recurring theme we have used in picking the names of most characters, from the baddies announced here to Cat's father. If you don't see the theme, try and search through the topics tagged #TomasElliotPresents ;)

3) A fun little fact: Brigit and another person WILL be fought in a double battle to prevent them from committing a major crime. However, it will happen in the post-game, and the circumstances will be largely different from those you imagined. Still, nice thought process :P

As usual, I am impressed by your ability to come up with what is essentially a plot of your own, starting from scarce information. This is what I wanted to see, it was an entertaining read. What really impresses me tho is the fact that you actually got some things right (and some completely wrong, although your ideas are almost as compelling as our own). Of course, I cannot confirm nor deny anything, but here are some things I would like to say:

1) Yes, Looker is THAT Looker. I would NEVER pull a bait and switch on you guys, given how loyally you follow us. It would be a complete lack of respect, and I respect our followers.

2) No connections to the anime whatsoever. Our plot is completely original and has no ties with any existing Pokemon canon (with Looker being the obvious exception, but even in his case, we are going to give him much more character development than your average game would do). If you are curious about Brigit's name, I will gladly enlighten you: it was chosen specifically to fit a recurring theme we have used in picking the names of most characters, from the baddies announced here to Cat's father. If you don't see the theme, try and search through the topics tagged #TomasElliotPresents ;)

3) A fun little fact: Brigit and another person WILL be fought in a double battle to prevent them from committing a major crime. However, it will happen in the post-game, and the circumstances will be largely different from those you imagined. Still, nice thought process :P

DAMN YOU and your post game spoilers :S

Knowing you, by the time we get there (well over one year) you will have forgotten everything already :P

And it probably will have changed at least 5 times by then, making what Tomas says now completely irrelevant.

@Azery I was actually expecting a duck-morphus dragon type pokemon

@Tomas, you do speak of a modus operandi. Mrs Q is not the only hitman around there.

There are quite some candidates to fill in positions, but it's better to wait and gather more evidence than pop up and present accusations or theories. Well, even when someone does, they are supposed to fill in the blanks with adequate arguments based on things you find here and there. Given the game is still in its early stages and most stuff gets changed until it enters an episode, not much of any announcement can be taken for granted, or really seriously even if they are of some significance. Tomas here expects people to try and find out things from small passages. They do provide information, but from the creator's point of view, they will always reveal too much.

Here they want you to believe Fennekin (forgot the actual name, ok remembered but this came out funny) is part of the evil group. This is hinted elsewhere too. However this makes it way too obvious and a big part of the fanbase will be disappointed if something like this is verified. At the same time, with only 1 episode behind us, we do not have enough info concerning the existence of other corporations. So Fennekin may be involved in underground illegal activites, something that would fit well with Catherines behaviour as a spoiled child (no offense meant), but being part of the classic evil team does not make the cut.

So, we'll have something closer to Rocket than Magma. I can live with this, as long as you do not cut and sell Platypus tails.

For speculation's sake, the prof. can be the 4th person given her influence on the region. Every successful criminal organization aims to become successful not only in the criminal world, but also appear legitimate to the state. So they have 'fronts' they use. One successful front is the pokemon league.

Brigit is quite a Looker

@Azery I was actually expecting a duck-morphus dragon type pokemon

@Tomas, you do speak of a modus operandi. Mrs Q is not the only hitman around there.

There are quite some candidates to fill in positions, but it's better to wait and gather more evidence than pop up and present accusations or theories. Well, even when someone does, they are supposed to fill in the blanks with adequate arguments based on things you find here and there. Given the game is still in its early stages and most stuff gets changed until it enters an episode, not much of any announcement can be taken for granted, or really seriously even if they are of some significance. Tomas here expects people to try and find out things from small passages. They do provide information, but from the creator's point of view, they will always reveal too much.

Here they want you to believe Fennekin (forgot the actual name, ok remembered but this came out funny) is part of the evil group. This is hinted elsewhere too. However this makes it way too obvious and a big part of the fanbase will be disappointed if something like this is verified. At the same time, with only 1 episode behind us, we do not have enough info concerning the existence of other corporations. So Fennekin may be involved in underground illegal activites, something that would fit well with Catherines behaviour as a spoiled child (no offense meant), but being part of the classic evil team does not make the cut.

So, we'll have something closer to Rocket than Magma. I can live with this, as long as you do not cut and sell Platypus tails.

For speculation's sake, the prof. can be the 4th person given her influence on the region. Every successful criminal organization aims to become successful not only in the criminal world, but also appear legitimate to the state. So they have 'fronts' they use. One successful front is the pokemon league.

Brigit is quite a Looker

Brigit / looker double cross family reunion doubles battle against daddy looker???

Ok people, it's time for a few service communications. These are very important so please ursaring with me.

Firstly, as you may know from seeing a status of his a while back, Hukuna is currently experiencing technical difficulties, which have seriously limited his ability to contribute to this project. Since most of Ep 2 is already done by this point, and we were waiting for his dialogues to finalize the various events, this might cause serious delays, also because Azery is leaving on a trip halfway through march. Meaning, if it takes too long for Huk to send in his dialogues, it might get to a point where events cannot be completed on the account of Azery being away: we DID reorganize our work specifically with this in mind tho, so yeah, unless the problems turn out to be much bigger than expected, we should still be able to release Ep 2 on schedule. We will let you know more in the following weeks, but the hope is that everything will work out fine in the end, and you will get your new episode in the last week of february or the first of march, as promised. Just in case, I am throwing there a pre-emptive #PleaseUnderstand.

Secondly, it is with great pleasure that we announce a new, unexpected development concerning the composition of the staff: as of this moment, Juuzou is our brand new official composer. You read that right: remember when we said that the score of Ep 1 was made of placeholder tracks, which we would hopefully remove in future releases? And remember when we said that we had a specific style in mind we wanted to build our original score around? Well, it just so happens that Juu is not only a very nice, enthusiastic, energetic guy, he is also very skilled at music AND familiar with the style in question, so chances are, Se7en will be slowly but steadily switching from a filler soundtrack to a completely original one over the next couple of releases. Sadly, given how tight our current schedule is, it is highly unlikely that he will manage to have ALL the tracks needed for Ep 2 done in time for the release (we calculated he'd have to make a track per day to make it), but still, you can expect the most significant tracks of Ep 2 to use his original creations instead of random music found around YT, and by Ep 3 we should have completed the switch to our 100% original score.

Juu is very skilled both at remaking existing tracks into the style we are looking for ("remixing", if you will, although "rearranging" would be a more appropriate term here), and at creating completely new tracks out of nowhere. Allow me to give you a sample of each:

An example of rearranged track (Professor Acacia's theme)

An example of 100% original track (generic trainer battle theme)

I hope you people like his creations (I surely do), because you are going to hear them more and more going forward! So yeah, everyone please give a warm welcome to our newest recruit :)

Congratulations to Juuzou! [claps]

Professor Acacia's theme is really lovely <3 It's a rearrangement of... one of the cities in Hoenn, isn't it? I don't remember which one, though... Is it Rustboro? I'm super looking forward to Ep 2 \o/

Yeah, it bears quite the striking similarity to Rustboro. However, it also is similar to Mauville and Mossdeep, mainly because those three cities have the same background song.

Speaking of those three cities... Don't you find it odd that they're analogous to the Legendary Trio from that Generation? Rustboro represented Groudon, Mauville represented Kyogre, and Mossdeep represented Rayquaza. I mean, just think about it: the color of rust is red, that of moss is green, and since mauville and water (which is blue through reflection) are inextricably linked, there you have it. Additionally, the part of the Region that they focus on is another linkage. Rustboro aimed to make a tunnel through mountains. Mauville is closely linked to Slateport, a coastal city that is quite the harbor. let's not forget about Sea Mauville from the Remakes, which is a stronger connection for the city. And last but not least, Mossdeep is a Space Center, which aims for the sky.

Edited by K_H

I always love to see new fangames being made! I hope that a demo will be released soon!

If I'm not mistaken you validated your account today? if that's the case, welcome to the forums!

And thanks a lot for the support :D

What exactly is this game?

I do not understand your question :/

Se7en uses fully fan-made fakemon in a region called Graterras. It is harder than the main games. Other than that, you should specify your question a bit more.

tom ive been meaning to ask the team for cath on your signature can that be considered the cannon team(in your own developed story) if so is effur her cannon starter in your opinion in turn making lifoam the cannon starter for the player is that so or just cause that guy looked cool

tom ive been meaning to ask the team for cath on your signature can that be considered the cannon team(in your own developed story) if so is effur her cannon starter in your opinion in turn making lifoam the cannon starter for the player is that so or just cause that guy looked cool

Nothing of the sorts. Simply, we staffers of Se7en like to analyze the competitive value of our creations and well, of the 3 different versions of Cat's team, the one in my signature is by far the strongest from a competitive point of view. Therefore, when I decided to ask Zim for a banner to put in my signature, I immediately went for this.

Our story is going to have A LOT of characters, much more than the average Pokemon game in fact, simply because many side characters that, in canon games, would be pushed to the background without a second thought (gym leaders, gym guide, secondary plot-related characters, the professor etc) are going to receive A LOT of character development throughout the main plot (and some will even continue getting more in the post-game). And yet, of all the characters, upon deciding to cosplay as someone to advertise our project I chose Cat.

And the reason is very simple: Cat is easily the most interesting character in the story, meaning that she is the one who is going to receive the most character development. And well, it is the Pokemon equation: character development = screen time = lots of battles. And if you have to battle a recurring character a lot, wouldn't you want them to be as strong as they can get, to give you a truly enjoyable challenge?

Mind you, with this I am not saying that, if you pick a starter other than Lifoam, Cat's team will be weak. Far from that in fact: after all, the choice of the starter does not impact JUST the starter used by the rivals, their entire team changes accordingly so that, regardless of your choice, they will still have a balanced, effective, competitive team by end-game. But IMO this one version of Cat's team is superior to the other two (althought the version with Roobber's evo can give it a shot for its money, while the version with Lifoam's evo is inferior, albeit not by much), hence why I wanted it to be in my signature. It's all there is to it.

• Veterans

Nothing of the sorts. Simply, we staffers of Se7en like to analyze the competitive value of our creations and well, of the 3 different versions of Cat's team, the one in my signature is by far the strongest from a competitive point of view. Therefore, when I decided to ask Zim for a banner to put in my signature, I immediately went for this.

Our story is going to have A LOT of characters, much more than the average Pokemon game in fact, simply because many side characters that, in canon games, would be pushed to the background without a second thought (gym leaders, gym guide, secondary plot-related characters, the professor etc) are going to receive A LOT of character development throughout the main plot (and some will even continue getting more in the post-game). And yet, of all the characters, upon deciding to cosplay as someone to advertise our project I chose Cat.

And the reason is very simple: Cat is easily the most interesting character in the story, meaning that she is the one who is going to receive the most character development. And well, it is the Pokemon equation: character development = screen time = lots of battles. And if you have to battle a recurring character a lot, wouldn't you want them to be as strong as they can get, to give you a truly enjoyable challenge?

Mind you, with this I am not saying that, if you pick a starter other than Lifoam, Cat's team will be weak. Far from that in fact: after all, the choice of the starter does not impact JUST the starter used by the rivals, their entire team changes accordingly so that, regardless of your choice, they will still have a balanced, effective, competitive team by end-game. But IMO this one version of Cat's team is superior to the other two (althought the version with Roobber's evo can give it a shot for its money, while the version with Lifoam's evo is inferior, albeit not by much), hence why I wanted it to be in my signature. It's all there is to it.

tl;dr:

Many characters will receive a lot more development than they usually would and Cat is among if not the one that gets the most. Her team is pretty good too though in fact;the rival with the stronger team depends COMPLETELY on what YOU picked as your starter. At times Tim is stronger, while at times Cat is stronger.

i see interesting indeed well i cant determine each of thier competitve worth by looks alone but i hope it will be an interesting fight im gonna restart specifically with lifoam just to see how tough can this team really get and one last question can you post the stats of each starter and movepool even a pm would be ok would help me startegize what to do with the starters

:o more red heads in the future?

• Veterans

i see interesting indeed well i cant determine each of thier competitve worth by looks alone but i hope it will be an interesting fight im gonna restart specifically with lifoam just to see how tough can this team really get and one last question can you post the stats of each starter and movepool even a pm would be ok would help me startegize what to do with the starters

No can do, I'm afraid. Aside from the fact that Tomas would probably skin me alive shout at me until I go deaf, part of the shine about Se7en is the fact that you don't know what's good or bad. It's entirely up to you to discover what is useful...and what is not. Though EVERY pokemon has a niche somewhere :P

No can do, I'm afraid. Aside from the fact that Tomas would probably skin me alive shout at me until I go deaf, part of the shine about Se7en is the fact that you don't know what's good or bad. It's entirely up to you to discover what is useful...and what is not. Though EVERY pokemon has a niche somewhere :P

well point taken

tl;dr:

Many characters will receive a lot more development than they usually would and Cat is among if not the one that gets the most. Her team is pretty good too though in fact;the rival with the stronger team depends COMPLETELY on what YOU picked as your starter. At times Tim is stronger, while at times Cat is stronger.

For once that I had said something cool, you just HAD to waltz in and trivialize it <.<

Sorry, but we declared since day one that we would not divulge the stats of any of our Pokemon, SPECIFICALLY because we want to prevent players from strategizing in advance. We have no field effects nor other such special rules that can be used to make the major battles of the game harder, therefore the fact that you cannot strategize in advance is a key component of the difficulty and the uniqueness of the game. You take that away, half the fun is gone.

And @Red no, Cat is the only redhead. But you are going to see her so often, she'll be more than enough :P