• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH FOR THE LOVE OF - Here:

X89nzfd.png

Zim is going to be mad that I re-uploaded a work of his to Imgur, but I had no choice.

HOLY CHRIST!

Abomination!!!

I don't... what?

Does it have a BEAK, or a MOUTH?

THE HELL?

I mean... ok... there are birds with toothed beaks... but they have sharp pointy-teeth... and many of them - this looks like a cartoon human mouth, copy-pasted onto the space where it's beak should be!

it gives me some cartoon nightmares...

and yeah - I'll stay with Dark/Flying... this thing has something of Swiper from Dora... it's a thief! Thiefs are bad! it's name implies bad behavior (which is confirmed by the introduction text - always bullying Magpy)

for abilities I go with Pickpocket, Prankster, and maybe Pressure

Prankster -> it bullies poor little Magpy... it fights dirty - what is the equivalent of fighting dirty in Pokemon? ALL the status moves!

Pickpocket -> well as I said, it has the look of a thief, Thiefs pickpocket stuff... (also it might learn the move thief through Level up?)

Pressure -> also a form of bullying is to put someone under pressure... and with them loosing an addition PP it fits the theme

HOLY CHRIST!

Abomination!!!

I don't... what?

Does it have a BEAK, or a MOUTH?

THE HELL?

The teeth are only a "print" on the beak. It doesn't actually act as a mouth. The top line of the "smile" is the middle line where the beak opens ^_^

tell that Swablu and Altaria! :P

Normal/Flying and Dragon/Flying!!

I forgot those...

This looks like the mischief pokemon. The eyes seem to be tied back like a thief's mask, the "god no" beak has a mouth printed on it, and it looks like it may not even be a flying type. Of course it is, and as it seems, if you do not change its type while it grows up (since this is probably a Normal/Flying becoming Dark/Flying)

I will be seriously disappointed.

Should mention since no one else did this was a line designed by... well. ME! XD. SO I think this is like the second one of mine that was revealed now.

So, yes... I guess I made both the Pidgy and the Spearow. Oops? XD. But yea I pretty much came up with their rivalry as something when I was first designing them. Zim did quite the wonderful job bring the two to life that's for sure. I still think they are some of the more interestingly designed ones I came up with just since they add a somewhat interesting take on Regional Birds ((I feel at least.)). So, I definitely hope you guys like the lines. They were pretty fun to design. ((weirdly... I think I designed like... probably more Bird related lines than any other type of Creature or thing. So... that's interesting XD.))

So yea, enjoy the Hukuna mon... since it'll probably be forever until another is revelaed... if at all. SInce most of the remaining ones of mine are stand alones.

Should mention since no one else did this was a line designed by... well. ME! XD. SO I think this is like the second one of mine that was revealed now.

So, yes... I guess I made both the Pidgy and the Spearow. Oops? XD. But yea I pretty much came up with their rivalry as something when I was first designing them. Zim did quite the wonderful job bring the two to life that's for sure. I still think they are some of the more interestingly designed ones I came up with just since they add a somewhat interesting take on Regional Birds ((I feel at least.)). So, I definitely hope you guys like the lines. They were pretty fun to design. ((weirdly... I think I designed like... probably more Bird related lines than any other type of Creature or thing. So... that's interesting XD.))

So yea, enjoy the Hukuna mon... since it'll probably be forever until another is revelaed... if at all. SInce most of the remaining ones of mine are stand alones.

wow... and here I thought it was by Zim... because of the filename and Tomas/Catherine mentioning "the art of Zim"

YOU DECEIVED US!

May I suggest adding who came up with the mon in the reveal/description "This Pokemon was created by Huk" - "Art by Zim"

And yeah... this Mouth-print on the beak still freaks me out... my brain can't comprehend what it is seeing... nice job xD

wow... and here I thought it was by Zim... because of the filename and Tomas/Catherine mentioning "the art of Zim"

YOU DECEIVED US!

May I suggest adding who came up with the mon in the reveal/description "This Pokemon was created by Huk" - "Art by Zim"

And yeah... this Mouth-print on the beak still freaks me out... my brain can't comprehend what it is seeing... nice job xD

Yeah, my bad. when I talk about "Zim's creations", I obviously talk about the artworks. The actual creators of each individual species may vary.

lol, yea Zim makes all the artwork so... in some part he's responsible for their visual design pretty much always XD. But Kookabully is one of my little guys. One of the few actual Evo lines I made XD. There's a few of them but they tend to be later on, or standalones so yea a lot more of mine are hiding out there in the universe. Might be a bit until you guys get to see them XD.

OCMjSLm.png

Welcome back to Pokemon Se7en! I am making another announcement after only 5 days, for two reasons: firstly, I am going to be horridly busy in the upcoming days, so I'd rather do it now that I have the time. Secondly, I kinda feel bad for the way we went silent a while back, to the point that some people thought this project had died, so I want to show off the work we have been doing in the meantime as a way to make up with our fans.

And of all of our fans, one of the those who have consistently been loyal to this project throughout the months is, without the shadow of a doubt, NickCrash. Most of you will know him for his serious (sometimes even too much), well thought out speculations and for his pushy insistent FRIENDLY way of sharing his opinion on matters, but what you probably don't know is that he also contributed a Pokemon to this project. That's right, the object of today's announcement is the brainchild of resident hardcore fan NickCrash, as imagined and given life by Zim's masterful drawing skills: everyone please give it up for Andetle!

XJswuZv.pngQyQ4thk.png

The tertiary sexual characteristics should make it clear enough, but left one is male, right one is female.

Andetle is dual-type Bug/Rock, and is destined to eventually evolve in a Pokemon that, while facing a lot of competition from other powerful bugs of the region (no kidding, if you like strong Bug-type Pokemon, you like Se7en), holds the distinction of having the highest potential damage output of all Bug-type Pokemon, be it in Graterras or in canon, thanks to a certain combination of moves/abilities it gains access to. Speaking of moves, the movepool of this Pokemon was revised, compared to Nick's original plans, but the only relevant change was the fact that Dragon Dance, a move he had originally suggested for the line, was replaced with a different set-up move we found to be more fitting: other than that, it more or less plays like the prototype Nick had made, so yeah, Nick please don't say anything about what you had in mind for the line: we don't want to spoil the surprise!

This is all for now. Please keep in mind that the next update won't come out as fast, this was a special occasion... Nevertheless, enjoy!

Hmm..perhaps simple-head smash with shell smash or rock polish. Either way, I love Andetle already~ Also I notice that there's not many reveal for Ep.1 mons, I guess that's intended?

Edit. Can it surpass Power Tricked Shuckle with full set up in attack damage output? XD

Edited by PhantomBima

Edit. Can it surpass Power Tricked Shuckle with full set up in attack damage output? XD

I meant in realistic battle terms. The whole Shuckle thing is simply ridiculous and doesn't really count. Also, Ep 1 is already out, so of course we are not announcing anything concerning it: if you want to know about it, just download and play it o.O

I meant in realistic battle terms. The whole Shuckle thing is simply ridiculous and doesn't really count. Also, Ep 1 is already out, so of course we are not announcing anything concerning it: if you want to know about it, just download and play it o.O

Well, it's just a failed joke, obviously. Well, what I mean by reveal is Zim's awesome artwork for the pokemon. Sorry for not specifying...

And of all of our fans, one of the those who have consistently been loyal to this project throughout the months is, without the shadow of a doubt, NickCrash. Most of you will know him for his serious (sometimes even too much), well thought out speculations and for his pushy insistent FRIENDLY way of sharing his opinion on matters, but what you probably don't know is that he also contributed a Pokemon to this project. That's right, the object of today's announcement is the brainchild of resident hardcore fan NickCrash, as imagined and given life by Zim's masterful drawing skills: everyone please give it up for Andetle!

I love you too guys <3

Well I'm definitely not spoiling anything, no matter to how full my inbox just became, because I care about this project as much as its creators (hence I'm being a bit pushy here and there). What came to mind first was "Hey! These are my bugs!! Look how good they look! And they are going to be included in Ep.2 already? GET IN MAH BALLZ" -- okay the last one didn't come out as expected, but let's say they are awesome! Zim has told me what the shiny sprites look, and I can tell you they are absolutely awesome, even if that's a word to describe the original as well.

What is special about this line is that I had come up with it quite some time before the Se7en team announced their game. In fact, I had just created the concept of it when I noticed a small discussion in a post Tomas made about Zim that piqued my interest and made me pm them to learn more about the project and send so many pokemon ideas. Andetle and [REDACTED] was the first line I made and sent, and I was so glad it entered. Therefore, I'm becoming a bit sentimental to see it announced, ever so early. Since it's such an awesome pokemon, I'm expecting it to be a hard-to-get event, so only the best of you may have it in your teams. As for me, I already have a spot for it in mine.

My original submission was a bit weak for Se7en standards. Zim verified that they gave it a boost in BST, so I guess you did a good job there. After all it was much needed. Now it's growing even stronger. The only thing I want to know is how big of a boost it got. I suppose it's around 40-50 BST. Your work on the pokemon is commendable, and I must say once more how we can't wait to get Ep.2 on our hands.

Feel free to make speculation about the pokemon. You won't get it right at first since appearances are deceiving, but I can only promise you that if you thought the first-evo designs look cool, just wait till you see the evolutions! You'll defecate material commonly used in infrastructure!!!

Thanks so much, Se7en team

The name seems to be derived from Andesite and Beetle.

I guess Dragon Dance was replaced with Shell Smash?

also calling the obligatory Sturdy, as the more common, ability for Rock-types!

looking at it I see the potetntial for different Horn/Beak attacks like "Horn Attack" "Drill Run" and "Horn Drill"

the "Gem" asthetic of its green accents makes me believe it might get some fairy or "light" based moves like Diancie and Rocora ("Dazzling Gleam", "Power Gem", "Mirror Shot")

Thanks so much, Se7en team

You welcome :)

And as for the availability of this Pokemon... I honestly don't remember at what point it will be possible to catch, or how it will be obtained. However, one thing is for sure: its characteristics make it an ideal choice for offensive teams (and teams that focus on Rock- or Bug-type Pokemon), so yeah, expect to see the guy in the teams of many NPCs that have such mindsets, as early as Ep 2. In fact, if memory serves right, at least 2 NPCs should have it in Ep 2 alone...

And two things I want to tell Cepheus:

1) Of all the horn moves, you forgot to mention the most obvious for a Bug-type Pokemon lol

2) What in the beige hell is a Rocora?

2) What in the beige hell is a Rocora?

woops, got carried away there for a moment... Rocara (I even spelled it wrong xD) is the german name for Carbink :P

You can't expect a german guy to always think in english jeeeeez (especially after laying most of the last 2 days with the flu)

also, fine: have a "Horn Leech" and a "Megahorn"

and I'll give you an extra ortion of "Twin Needle" and "Pin Missile" for Free!

I also give you "Peck" and "Drill Peck" for coverage against Fighting!

Edited by Cepheus

Here is a fun fact: in our region, the Pokemon that has the highest potential damage output is a Rock-type. And as mentioned, the Bug-type Pokemon with the highest potential damage output is this guy, which is also a Rock-type. And there is at least another type that counts, among its best representatives, a Pokemon that is part Rock-type, plus the fossils are named after weapons, so you should expect them to be able to bring some pain, as well. So yeah, dem rockz hitting hard...

Um, hi, Zim here. Just wanted to say that this particular mon (and specially its evo, and specially specially the female variant) is one of those mons that I consider as a spiritual child of mine. This is a category that only mons not thought by me but drawn by me and that I have a special love for can enter. Andetle's evo and a few other mons are there. So yeah just wanted to say that.

Also dunno what the max damage this thing can do is, but I can assure you it is VERY.DAMN.POWERFUL.

After using the move that is not dragon dance that is. It wrecks. So many. Things. But don't worry these other mons balance it and stuff.

Also, if Jericho is reading, your mon has not been forgotten. In fact you might hear from it very very SOONTM

oh my god... I just realized... 2 things:

Sorry to Huk, since Kookabully is the one Pokemon with the least Avatar-time of Red_Chaos...

With all the focus on it's horn and stuff I automatically assumed it would be a pure Physical type in attack and Defence but what IF it is an actual SPECIAL Attacking type??

and the set-up move that got swapped in for Dragon Dance isn't Shell Smash - but actually TAIL GLOW!

you know that ONE of two moves that actually increase a stat by 3 stages... without drawback! - and it raises the SPECIAL Attack!

and you know, since it's tail is rather large, and I might see it 'sprouting' more gems - Tail Glow would make total sense!

Gems glow or shimmer in the right light - the Tail covered in gems is glowing = Tail Glow

and now think of this:

Rock types only have 2 Special moves, "Ancient Power" and "Power Gem"

"Power Gem" has 80 BasePower, so it's not the strongest of all, but still strong enough - with STAB and TailGlow Setup... I guess that would hurt... a lot...

and as mentioned above "Power Gem" fits its theme of a "gem-bug"

as for Bug Moves we have "Signal Beam" with 75BasePower and "Bug Buzz" with 90BasePower

both moves would also fit it

"Signal Beam" coming from its gem-horn - reflecting light!

"Bug Buzz", even though it states that the bug makes noise with its wings... ehhh... maybe it has wings hidden under its shell - like a BEETLE (what it is representing)

also Bug Buzz may lower the enemies special defence!

lowering Special Defence and increasing its own Special Attack with TailGlow... and hitting with a 90BP STAB move got to hurt...

sooo... now I'm not sure what I should make of this little critter... a physical set using its horn makes a lot of sense... but with a potential TailGlow a Special Set seems scarier...

Edited by Cepheus

Would it not be confusing if Andetle learned physical and special moves alike? I mean, it's not like any setup moves cannot boost both!

Tomas never said that any other boosting moves were deleted, only that Dragon Dance was replaced for something else. What would that be? Who would know?

Some say: Is it a physical attacker? Is it a special attacker? Why not both? Naturally, one of the previous sentenses has to be correct, but which one, I wonder...

No really, I do wonder, since they didn't give me the final result. They just told me they made it stronger, and I have to tell you, if you've seen some of my creations in the "mega" thread, they are strong mons that try to be balanced. And I'm telling you: When I submitted it, Andetle was strong (not just balanced). Now they make it even stronger. At first, if I had to tier it, I would place it around... ok on second thought, I'm not telling you that just yet.

The only thing I can tell you is that there are some differences between the genders, mostly cosmetic tho...