Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

To cut the staff banter short, and leave room to the speculations of the fans (which is what this topic is supposed to be about): remember when I said that, in all of Graterras, the Pokemon with the greatest potential damage output was a Rock-type? Well...

So yeah, offensively this guy is simply incredible, by far our best creation. And it had to be, as a way of counterbalancing the simple fact that Game Freak hates the Ice type. End result: a Pokemon that can handily OHKO Uber-tier walls like it's nothing... But is STILL gonna be PU because of its typing. Blame GF, not us.

Oh, and by the way, this immense firepower is made possible by its HA. Which is a canon one. Feel free to speculate on this, but know that I won't be saying anything more on this matter.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Veterans

To cut the staff banter short, and leave room to the speculations of the fans (which is what this topic is supposed to be about): remember when I said that, in all of Graterras, the Pokemon with the greatest potential damage output was a Rock-type? Well...

So yeah, offensively this guy is simply incredible, by far our best creation. And it had to be, as a way of counterbalancing the simple fact that Game Freak hates the Ice type. End result: a Pokemon that can handily OHKO Uber-tier walls like it's nothing... But is STILL gonna be PU because of its typing. Blame GF, not us.

Oh, and by the way, this immense firepower is made possible by its HA. Which is a canon one. Feel free to speculate on this, but know that I won't be saying anything more on this matter.

Well, it's base tier is gunna be low but it can easily be used in Higher Tiers with proper team support. It's Fire Power is ridiculous, however it's down fall is priority essentially making this a hit and run kinda mon because it can get revenge killed VERY easily.

Either way I love this thing's design.

Oh and, we're around about 80~% give or take on E2. I'd reckon Late-April-Early May if no more problems arise. After that though, there'll be a few weeks where it's impossible for me to work on the game due to exams/

I think the design has too much on it. Perhaps if the yellow dots (aka stone markings) on the top of it were missing, it would reflect more on the Ice typing.

That said, it looks like it cannot have Adaptability, nor Refrigerate (we shouldn't copy the canon one), so possible abilities are Sheer Force and Huge Powah

So it looks like it's a canon ability that cuts short the effects of priority somehow, so like, either Prankster or Gale Wings are I think the only real priority abilities, neither of which I would remotely expect for a physical beast like Lizargem appears to be. Unless of course this thing happens to be a beast with Sky Attack or Brave Bird or something crazy xD (sorry for disrespecting on this picture, learning photoshop)

yoIVshP.png

If it's an ability specifically to make it more bulky however, maybe Strong Jaw, Reckless, Sheer Force, Huge Power, or something to that extent?

Okay so here's my idea for the ability: No Guard! I'll spell out the reasons for this below.

1. The whole point of the little blurb about how it was impossible to create a bulky Ice/Rock could be easily seen as a clue into the fact that Lizardgem won't be focused on its defenses at all, so why bother even having the ability to dodge when you could go full offense?

2. If we're talking physical attacker (which we likely are since it's a Rock type and given the discussion on the previous mon likely leaning towards a Special attacker, I don't think the Se7en devs would torture too many poor Rock types by forcing them to be special), then we only need to look at the main STAB moves that Lizardgem would be working with once fully evolved: Icicle Crash and the likes of Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Head Smash. Now all of these aforementioned moves are notorious for missing exactly when you need them. But, with No Guard, this would no longer be a problem!

3. Doing some calcs on the claim of

End result: a Pokemon that can handily OHKO Uber-tier walls like it's nothing... But is STILL gonna be PU because of its typing. Blame GF, not us.

This can be achieved one of two ways: boosting move like SD or Shell Smash (again, I doubt these will be given out to everyone), or with the most devastating OHKO move in the game: Sheer Cold, which it could very well end up with given the Ice typing. No Guard and Sheer Cold is a combo often seen in Hackmons, but in Graterras, nightmares dreams can come to life in a wide array of Pokemon. This normally broken combo can be easily taken down by any manner of priority moves and anything faster than it, thus reducing its usability and viability Quick Claw Lizardgem coming through....

Okay so here's my idea for the ability: No Guard! I'll spell out the reasons for this below.

1. The whole point of the little blurb about how it was impossible to create a bulky Ice/Rock could be easily seen as a clue into the fact that Lizardgem won't be focused on its defenses at all, so why bother even having the ability to dodge when you could go full offense?

2. If we're talking physical attacker (which we likely are since it's a Rock type and given the discussion on the previous mon likely leaning towards a Special attacker, I don't think the Se7en devs would torture too many poor Rock types by forcing them to be special), then we only need to look at the main STAB moves that Lizardgem would be working with once fully evolved: Icicle Crash and the likes of Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Head Smash. Now all of these aforementioned moves are notorious for missing exactly when you need them. But, with No Guard, this would no longer be a problem!

3. Doing some calcs on the claim of

This can be achieved one of two ways: boosting move like SD or Shell Smash (again, I doubt these will be given out to everyone), or with the most devastating OHKO move in the game: Sheer Cold, which it could very well end up with given the Ice typing. No Guard and Sheer Cold is a combo often seen in Hackmons, but in Graterras, nightmares dreams can come to life in a wide array of Pokemon. This normally broken combo can be easily taken down by any manner of priority moves and anything faster than it, thus reducing its usability and viability Quick Claw Lizardgem coming through....

Very possible, but like, why give the Pokemon such a high Attack stat if you're just gonna let it Choice Scarf + No Guard + Sheer Cold everything in it's path? Unless it's like 30 speed or something, that's blatantly broken. Other than that though, No Guard might be spot on for IC and those RNGesus forsaken rock moves.

...judging by Tomas's latest status, I'm going to say that No Guard+Sheer Cold is off the table. No Guard with Head Smash and Icicle Crash is still a valid guess, though.

That's not complementing the pokemon very well. Standard Weavile uses Icicle Crash with no problem. A secure Stone Edge is always welcome, yet not enough. This pokemon is struggling type-wise, which means it cannot defend itself, thus needs to press offensively. A way to do so is to receive a decent speed stat and spectacular Atk, with an ability to round it up and help it wallbreak more effectively. I believe Nova thought of an ability that's usually thought as defensive, yet Rizarem can use offensively to stop any wall from boosting their defenses, and that's Unaware. Sure, it doesn't help with the aweful X4 Steel and Fighting weakness, but you won't manage to tank its hits, and even if you let it boost its defenses (by giving it cosmic power for example) it may even manage to work defensively. The last idea also works with Simple of course, but I still doubt it can do well as a bulky lizard.

iirc, there's this ice move Frost Breath that always crits, so maybe with sniper and stone edge...

nah, not happening.

just idle speculation.

I'm figuring that the theme here is "things that would be broken on weavile" because that looks like it would share the same MO, but has better typing.

aaaawwww....

and here I thought we get an announcement of some kind of huge plot-point for EP2 (or even EP2 release :o) or legendary Pokemon - everyone would assume it would be fake because of April Fools... and in the end it would be legit and nobody believed it...

Yea, a lot of the crew isn't so fnd of the whole... April Fool's thing. ((and I don't blame them since... doing that for the people we want to play our game... and burning that trust... feels like a shitty thing to do. Personally, I don't mind April Fools stuff in if's in good fun etc... so I'm rather impartial, but I know what a lot of them and just folks in general don't really like the thing. It's really messes with perceptions of trust etc...))

So, call us lame... but we'd rather not kinda take the piss of the thing we're jsut starting to build. It's not the right move for us really. XD So, that's why.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Here is the shocking decision we reached, after hours of heated discussions that spanned nearly 48 hours:

All of our characters will have eyes.

That's some major reveal, isn't it?

actually - yeah it is!

because now we know that every Pokemon has eyes! (since Pokemon are also characters!)

so no 'blind Pokemon' without eyes, that uses its other senses to get around, Daredevil style

:P

actually - yeah it is!

because now we know that every Pokemon has eyes! (since Pokemon are also characters!)

so no 'blind Pokemon' without eyes, that uses its other senses to get around, Daredevil style

:P

Well no, we were actually talking about HUMAN characters o.O

Well no, we were actually talking about HUMAN characters o.O

then you have now unofficially confirmed the existence of a blind, no-eyes, Pokemon!

congrats for falling for my trap! :D

(or there was just a touch of Poke-cism [racism against Pokemon] - that doesn't consider Pokemon to be characters withrights, and to be considered inferior beings!)

[i'm just trying to mess with you here out of boredom and need some fun, and get some hype back into this thread xD]

yeah... but then what... it's one or two day(s) of hype and then sitence... until the next announcement

and now that you didn't deny my claims, I have successfully got information out of a seemingly non-related statement!

Hooray to me!! :D

from my quick research I determined that the "Blind Cave Cricket" resides in Tasmania, New Zealand and AUSTRALIA (basis for Graterras/Se7en) - so it is a possibility for a new Bug-Type! :D

(I seriously need to do something about my current boredom...)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Here is the shocking decision we reached, after hours of heated discussions that spanned nearly 48 hours:

That's some major reveal, isn't it?

That could be an announcement for yesterday. It just seems you had an argument about what their eyes should look like, then the spriters posted suggestions about anime eyes and you wanted them more realistic, so you went to.. ALL our characters will have clear real-like eyes. Then they made claims about Anthea and the villains, and in the end you just could not come to a compromise...

That's all I got.

I cannot promise that all characters will have both eyes though...

You know. love how we can say something to mess around jsut a little and the people here will like dive into every little minute detail. Like... they start seeing phantom strings that aren't there... etc etc. You don't know how much this makes me want to just mess with you guys all the time, but... I'm a benevolent man. ((and probably post in here the least XD.))

I do love having fans that are super passionate about the work being put in. I really really do. It makes me happy that it means that much to folks XD. However... you'll probably all hate me once Episode 2 is said and done lol.

Just because we post something it does not mean we fully support it. One can only amuze themselves by creating fantasy scenarios, and you know that better than most in these forums.