Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

Edit: I just remembered that every giant worm in fiction ever have mouths like that.

Teehee, the whole concept of "giant worm in a desert" was inspired by an infamous enemy in Final Fantasy X ;)

With this being said, it's fine if you don't wanna use it. To each his own lol

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Teehee, the whole concept of "giant worm in a desert" was inspired by an infamous enemy in Final Fantasy X ;)

With this being said, it's fine if you don't wanna use it. To each his own lol

You mean this worm fakemon, or the idea of sandworms in general? Because if it's the latter, then I'm gonna have to point out that Dune, a novel from 1965, has sandworms in it. And that predates FFX by about 35 years.

Na, this mon was more inspired by said enemy. Happened to notice it was flaoting in this direction and I ended up posting a pic of it. ((hell these worms tend to be in every FF game in some form... I mean the one in FF6 is a bloody secret dungeon...))

Yeah, when I said "the whole concept of giant worm in a desert was inspired by", I meant as far as this project goes. In other words, I was talking about what gave us the idea for such a Pokemon.

Either way, umm... thanks, but no thanks. I tend to avoid having a journey with pets that look like they could one day decide that they're tired of my shit and drink all my blood while I'm asleep or something.

According to the way parasitic tapeworms feed, I'm inclined to dispute that statement.

Although it's confirmed to be inspired by other creatures, it is similar with Mongolian Death Worm cryptid, does its evolution has the similarities of how Mongolian Death Worm is very poisonous and can kill with electrical discharge? Hoho, interesting, interesting. (Plus the fact that it is said that Mongolian Death Worm appear on surface when it is raining makes it more similar, hmmm)

Hmmm... fun fact for y'all. Duster is kinda a concept that came from me. He's sorta a character I designed a lot of ((at least from the personality and the overall way he is.)) I personally like him a lot. Not sure if that helps your speculation any... but uh... wee?

OCMjSLm.png

Ok, it looks like it's time to announce a new Pokemon. This should have actually been Calvius' job, as he is the one who created this line, but... Welp, let's just say our expert of cries is not the most active guy in the world, so I am covering for him. Anyway, everyone please give it up fir Hexatis!

oFTbqkG.png

This little bugger (see what I did there?) is infamous for ruining the crops of the people of Eskatia, although it is rumored that some farmers have learned a way to not only domesticate it, but make it useful for their plants. It is a pure Bug-type Pokemon, and while our policies prevent me from saying anything about how many times it evolves, how, or into what, I will say this much: its final evo will not only retain the Bug type, it will also gain a secondary type, which will grant it a combination that, as of Gen 6, has never been seen before (please do pay attention to the way I worded this line).

Feel free to speculate! Oh and I almost forgot: its regular abilities are Swarm and Tinted Lens, and it has a HA that... Well, doesn't bring it to the same level as Nick's creation in terms of raw damage, but comes pretty damn close. Although considering the secondary type gained by the final evo, Tinted Lens is quite the useful ability itself... Whoooopsies, looks like I was kinda carried away: food for Cepheus Logic!

Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Normal, and Dark are the only dual types Bug doesn't have in gen 6...

It's worth noting that with Tinted Lens, Bug/Psychic has perfect neutral coverage...

Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Normal, and Dark are the only dual types Bug doesn't have in gen 6...

It's worth noting that with Tinted Lens, Bug/Psychic has perfect neutral coverage...

Considering that nothing is immune to the Bug type, Bug/ANYTHING has perfect neutral coverage with Tinted Lens :P

• Global Mods

"it will also gain a secondary type, which will grant it a combination that, as of Gen 6, has never been seen before (please do pay attention to the way I worded this line)"

As of Gen 6

Pay attention to how the line is worded

I'm assuming that means that it isn't one of the canon combinations up to Gen 6, but could still share a combo with another Pokemon from Se7en who also has a combo unused in the canon that we have been shown.

Absolutely perfect neutral coverage with Tinted Lens for bugs (with no canon same-type-combo) would mean Psychic, since:

To resist Tinted Lens-boosted attacks, the target must 4x resist the type of move it is hit with.

Fire, Steel, Flying, Fairy, Poison, Fighting, and Ghost all resist Bug.

Fire/Steel 4x resists Fairy and Ice

Fairy is immune to Dragon

Ghost is immune to Normal

Fighting/Fairy 4x resists Dark (hitherto nonexistent)

Steel 2x resists Psychic; none of the other 6 Bug-resisting types resist Psychic.

However, word of reminder that it was not explicitly stated that Tinted Lens + type combo would grant perfect coverage. Still, I think Bug/Psychic would easily be possible. Give Sheer Force

Edit: Sated > Stated

Edited by Cobalt996

I might as well point out how nice the design looks. I believe we ought to share a round of applause for Calvius, even if he's not so often here to appreciate it.

As of now, Tomas points at the pokemon already created by the Se7en team, including Bug/Dark, Bug/Normal and Bug/Psychic, courtesy of Hukuna.

We're being led towards Bug/Psychic with domestication being the primary factor. I know what mayhem Andetle's evo can create, so I have a pretty solid idea of what the HA is.

These annoucements however can be misleading, as Bug/Dragon and Bug/Ice are fan-favorite types. Yet I dispute them, simply due to Hexatis's backstory. An Ice type is perfect for ruining crops, but the LC form is a mere Bug. Personally speaking, if I were a farmer, I would not produce an Ice type under any circumstances. Similarly I would not be able to create a Dragon or even tame one. So Dragon would be the least possible evolution, even if Tomas didn't hint against it in the first place.

Edit: We already have a mantis in Scyther, so I'm expecting a very good special attacker from this.

Edit: We already have a mantis in Scyther, so I'm expecting a very good special attacker from this.

Well in fairness, this Pokemon mixes traits of the mantis with traits of the grasshopper, and the whole "ruining crops" thing leans more towards the grasshopper side, so yeah, I think there are enough aspects (including the secondary type of the final evo) to set the guy apart from Scyther. On that note, I am not going to address all the speculations concerning said secondary type, but I will say this much: as usual, everyone here is trying to find God knows what hidden meanings in my message, despite the fact that I explicitly warned you to pay attention strictly to the letter of my words in this case.

As for the comparison with Andetle's evo: this guy's final evo arguably gets a stronger ability, but the problem is, it lacks a capstone, a top-tier move to abuse said ability, that can match the sheer power of Andetle's own capstone.

Finally, remember that the artworks are always Zim's doing. The concept was created by Cal, and he gave specific instructions to Zim as to how it should look, much like you, Nick, did with Andetle... But ultimately, the one who puts ink to paper is Zim. And the one who gets the likes for it is me :P

As for the comparison with Andetle's evo: this guy's final evo arguably gets a stronger ability

Time Paradox

Calling it.

Yes I'm being serious, why do you ask?

You just open any spoiler tag you see, don't you?

I stand corrected. After all, you will not open the next one.

You actually did.

Ok here's what. I know the ability.

It's... a secret

SPOILER ALERT

I am not spoiling the ability.

Ask all you want

Fiiiine.

It's....

JOHN CENA

I have just stopped trying to understand your jokes at this point <.<

You thought it was going to be [what it really should have been]

But no! You were mislead!

It was actually me! DIO

^reference for joke

You thought it was going to be [what it really should have been]

But no! You were mislead!

It was actually me! DIO

^reference for joke

Actually I meant yours, not Juu's. Can we go back to talking about Hexatis?