Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

Speaking of which, the name name of Hexatis is an interesting one. The "Hex" part could also further the idea of it eventually turning into a Bug/Physic type or it could be an indication of Bug/Ghost, such as with the Hex Maniacs in previous games. Granted, I could be wrong about all this, as I was about Roober being a reference to the word robber and thus a Dark type.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't assume that the etymology of all of our names is limited to the English language. There are so many languages out there, you know.

Although come to think of it, in Hexatis' case I myself don't know about the origin of the name. When Calvius posted his idea for the line, the form already contained the name, and we all kinda sorta went with it. In fact, I don't think anyone actually asked him to explain it o.O

Don't assume that the etymology of all of our names is limited to the English language. There are so many languages out there, you know.

Although come to think of it, in Hexatis' case I myself don't know about the origin of the name. When Calvius posted his idea for the line, the form already contained the name, and we all kinda sorta went with it. In fact, I don't think anyone actually asked him to explain it o.O

I think it's from "Hex" as in "Six" like how a hexagon has six angles, a Hexatis has six... legs.

and -atis is from "Mantis", as far as I know.

I was going to comment on the etymology, as it may even lead to an ancient Greek godess-titan that had connections to the sun and war.

About this joke, check Cepheus's fan-made ability "Time Paradox" in the appropriate thread.

what are the other jokes you had a hard time understanding

• Global Mods

Speaking of which, the name name of Hexatis is an interesting one. The "Hex" part could also further the idea of it eventually turning into a Bug/Physic type or it could be an indication of Bug/Ghost, such as with the Hex Maniacs in previous games. Granted, I could be wrong about all this, as I was about Roober being a reference to the word robber and thus a Dark type.

They said Hexatis would have a type combo not seen in Gens 1-6. So it can't be Bug/Ghost because Shedinja.

This little bugger (see what I did there?) is infamous for ruining the crops of the people of Eskatia, although it is rumored that some farmers have learned a way to not only domesticate it, but make it useful for their plants. It is a pure Bug-type Pokemon, and while our policies prevent me from saying anything about how many times it evolves, how, or into what, I will say this much: its final evo will not only retain the Bug type, it will also gain a secondary type, which will grant it a combination that, as of Gen 6, has never been seen before (please do pay attention to the way I worded this line).

Feel free to speculate! Oh and I almost forgot: its regular abilities are Swarm and Tinted Lens, and it has a HA that... Well, doesn't bring it to the same level as Nick's creation in terms of raw damage, but comes pretty damn close. Although considering the secondary type gained by the final evo, Tinted Lens is quite the useful ability itself... Whoooopsies, looks like I was kinda carried away: food for Cepheus Logic!

Ways to make it useful for plants... Water and soil (Ground) come to mind. Rototiller is a Ground move that buffs ally Grass types. Although they both exist in Surskit and Nincada/Wormadam-S, they're hardly considered "seen" by the eyes of the meta. Bit of a stretch, but worth mentioning.

plus if like duster had like a bug/ground evolution thing of this it'd be like really cool

• Veterans

Ways to make it useful for plants... Water and soil (Ground) come to mind. Rototiller is a Ground move that buffs ally Grass types. Although they both exist in Surskit and Nincada/Wormadam-S, they're hardly considered "seen" by the eyes of the meta. Bit of a stretch, but worth mentioning.

plus if like duster had like a bug/ground evolution thing of this it'd be like really cool

>>>

<<<

He knows too much. He must eliminated....

Hexatis is a 6 sided conspiracy. A single Hexatis once forewarned the end of ancient eskatia. it brought forth the epidemic. Fear the hexatis.

Hexatis is cool.

Again, I see people are ignoring the letter of my words concerning the typing of Hexatis' evo, despite my warning on the matter. The Rototiller bit is a smart guess tho: people are so used to seeing scythes used as weapons in fantasy settings, they forget the scythe is first and foremost an agricultural instrument...

I'll put in one other speculation:

"...rumored that some farmers have learned a way to not only domesticate it, but make it useful for their plants."

Looking at the word "make," I'm thinking this is not going to be a traditional level-up evolution, since "making" something stop harming you and start helping you generally requires a fair amount of interference from yourself (or others). Additionally, "rumored" implies that it is not widespread knowledge; afaik, synthetic evo items (Dub.Disk, Magmarizer, Electrizer) are not widely distributed (the foremost being unofficial, to boot), and thereby not as well-known to the public. Now, this could be a synthetic (held) evolution item, just throwing a stone at it, or even move-tutor moves. I don't know; and I'm probably just grasping at straws for this one.

You know, rather than speculating about the HA/Type any further

Okay, fine. "Yadda yadda its final evo will not only retain the Bug type, yadda yadda"

This neither tells us if there is an intermediate form, or (assuming there is) if that form is even partially Bug-type. Could also end up being Bug-Water or somesuch, as only the final form is known to be unique to the main series.

crop help huh? well....

Bug/Steel---------uses metal to cut down unwanted things that might attack the plant

Bug/Poison-------kill off other pests that would destroy it

Bug/Fire----------burn of weeds that might kill it

Bug/Water- keep the plants irrigated

Normal/Bug- This is the crop insurance pokemon that helps you in drought/flooding years

Bug/Psychic - if you talk to your plants it makes them happy?

Bug/Ice -----------Freeze bad bugs away?

Bug/Dragon --------Flygon

Bug/Dark-------Somehting happens at night?

Bug/Fairy----Pray to the Fairy

The problem is that Tomas hints the farmers have a say in this bugs evolution, so it cannot be Ice or Dragon. Plus, the other 3 sub-types are already used in Se7en, so it might as well be one of them.

Retains means "keep safe", so it doesn't lose the Bug typing.

Based on how Tomas said his statement, it has to be a type combination that is in Se7en since he specifically stated "as of Gen VI," indicating the type combination would be present after Gen VI and thus in Se7en itself. So, from the Bugs we've seen so far (slight spoilers for people who haven't played episode 1 by now)

we've seen Monochromoth, a Bug/Normal type, so that's a possibility

there's Elftik and its evolution (forget the name atm) which are Bug/Fairy

and finally Sinisect and Lucifly with Bug/Dark

But then there is another bug, Lunarpilla, which seems to have been forgotten about, which is Bug/Psychic!

Of these, Dark doesn't make sense since it is supposed to benefit the farmers and Dark tends to do the exact opposite of that. So, based on the Bugs we know about and Tomas's insistence on us taking a close look at his language, Normal, Fairy, and Psychic seem to be the most likely candidates for the second typing of the final evolution.

Author... it simply means that of Gen 6 it's not a type that's been used disregarding anything that will be announced in Gen 7. So... I don't know why it would be one that is already in Se7en... because "as of" implies that it counts up to Gen 6 currently and disregards Gen 7 ((because as we all know... there's no way we could account for this new gen of mons when making this game lol.))

If you're going to look at how something is worded... you know... make sure it makes actual sense before looking at it in like... the complete opposite of what it means. Not trying to be rude here, but that step in logic doesn't work because well... it's a leap with no bounds let alone does it use the worded correctly... and just makes it something implicitly different. Becasue "as of" doesn't mean you count things after, it means you count up and to that point.

Once again I can't confirm or deny anything and I'm not going to, but maaaaaaaaaaaan I really don't get how you guys arrive at things sometimes. ((to be fair I'm sitting over here with all the answers on my sheet so it's not liek things are a mystery to me as I got insider knowledge so... there's maybe a disconnect there. But still.))

I mean, I understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't seem like that much of a jump from what I can see. Granted, we do have considerable blinders on in comparison to you, so I'll trust your judgement. But just to explain the reason why thought the way I did was because since Tomas stated that it was a type combination that was not present as of Gen VI, that it would follow that it would be in the next installment of the timeline present in Se7en, since we obviously aren't including any Pokemon from Generation VII in the speculation about types since we haven't even see any bug types from Generation VII yet. The wording of "as of" would imply that the typing was already present in Se7en since otherwise he could have simply stated that it was a typing combination that had never been seen before, period. The "as of" leads to the idea that since he didn't simply say that it was a never-before-seen typing, that it would already be present in Se7en. My speculation was purely based on the information of about 4 Bugs from Se7en and the curious announcement of the Bug currently being discussed, so it's understandable if I am not fully knowledge about the topic. I'm sorry if it seems illogical or farfetch'd to make these conclusions.

AR's logic is sound. Tomas took the extra effort to underline his words, which strengthens this point.

Hukuna's intervention shows there's a problem in communication, but I fail to see how.

To be honest, I forgot about my Elftic army, since I was over with Ep.1 quite some time ago.

The Rototiller bit is a smart guess tho: people are so used to seeing scythes used as weapons in fantasy settings, they forget the scythe is first and foremost an agricultural instrument...

I'd just like to take a moment to note that there was no previous mention of scythes anywhere. Hexatis resembles a cricket or grasshopper, but this statement basically confirms it becomes a scythe-armed mantis. K.

Still gonna stick with Bug/Ground, or maybe a Bug/Psychic.

Edited by Bazaro

6 types are never combined with Bug in canon games : Normal, Psychic, Dragon, Ice, Dark and Fairy. 4 of them are already in Se7en : Normal (Colourva line), Psychic (Lunarpilla), Dark (Lucifly line) and Fairy (Elftik (by the way is it already possible to evolve it ?)). Which leaves only Ice and Dragon.

Both can be dangerous for farmers. Dragons because they tend to destroy everything but it's not specific to farmers. Ice because a cold weather is usually really bad for crops, so this one is more specific to farmers. But how can they be used in a good way ? If it's a mantis with scythe-like arms, it could replace a plow, and this would rather correspond to a Dragon. Now the name itself, Hexatis, sounds more like something powerful, like a Dragon, than an Ice type. But since Hexatis is the first form, a pure Bug, I guess it means nothing. Pure bug for the first two forms. A powerful typing only once evolved. Here again it sounds like a Dragon. Hard to imagine you simply get frozen when you evolve, but becoming a powerful beast, a Dragon, this sounds more natural. But all this part is purely speculative since we don't know anything about the appearance of the background of the pokemon.

There's one last thing that can help us : Tinted Lens can be very useful with its final form. For whose who don't remember, Tinted Lens doubles the power of non very effective moves. So lets look at the types resisting Dragon and Ice. Only Steel resist Dragon (Fairies are immune, and since 2x0=0 Tinted Lens is useless here). While Ice is resisted by 4 types : Ice, Water, Steel and Fire. According to this, Tinted Lens is almost useless for a Dragon, but quite useful for Ice.

So I would rather bet on Ice, since we have some real elements leading to this conclusion

In note of the "careful wording," it was never specified it couldn't be a dual typing that already exists in Se7en, so any of the 6 is quite possible.

As for being a trouble to farmers, bugs and parasites destroy crops, and since it was "made" to help plants, as previously mentioned, it would likely evolve an "unnatural" way, like a Stone or something, into something that can support Grass types better.

Psychic helps deal with Poison types, Dragon gives some resistance to Fire, Ice stops with Flying types, and Fairy resists Bug... Normal and Dark don't do much of anything pertaining to the Grass type's weaknesses (and seriously, there's have enough Normal types as it is... Magpy, Monochromoth, Bunnerd, Robyte, Goshee, Oppossite, Ebounny, and more to come I'm sure x_x)