Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As for something on topic, this little guy is really rad-looking! But now the question is whether I use him, or Lucifly on my team... hmmm...

Hmm, is an interesting comparation actually. Despite now that you mention it they're kind of similar mons in a way, yes, they do quite different things to an extent, even being bug types and all. Also, lucifly is slightly faster, but not by much (this is only relevant in the early game I guess).

The damn spider photo. That's something I didn't need to see before going to sleep <.<

Zim's solution: don't go to sleep :I

EDIT: besides, now that I think of it, didn't I show you a similar pic when I presented the mon back in the day? I even think I explained the same violin thing with pictures and everything lol. Don't you go full arachnophobic on me boss!

Edited by zimvader42

soo... I was wondering... how you pronounce 'Sfiddler'

Es-fiddler

Fiddler (silent S)

Siddler (Silent F)

Sphiddler (like the Sphinx)

to be honest pronouncing it like it's written feels a bit wierd in my humble opinion (maybe because there are like no word that start with 'SF' in german)

• Veterans

Believe me, there are a few mons that are wayyyy harder to pronounce.....

Also;Sfiddler has a nickname aptly given to it by Zim:Poor man's Lucifly. Can't say I completely agree cuz I love both <3

Lol yeah I call it "the poor man's lucifly" because its design was cheaper to do.

As for the pronunciation, I never had much problem with it cuz in spanish you pronounce everything like it's written: I say "es-fi-dler" and call it a day.

After a bit of searching around I got the impression that he's apparently a character from the movie American Pie who is a loud and obnoxious douche.

Oh, I see. Should I ask why the nickname choice or...?

Breezy's description is right on the spot.

First of all, it's name kinda resembles the nickname, and in terms of personality, spiders are usually douches who only care about themselves, and care little about what their actions have as consequences for other people.

Now the parallel between the two characters is the "loud" part that Breezy mentioned.

Stiffler only cares about showing off, and one could connect constant violin playing (even if the spider is not actually playing violin, it just has a "sign" on it that remotely resembles a violin) with showing off your skills at a particular subject.

You could also say they both break human hearts... one with his manners, the other with his venom.

I really like the look of Amona its so cute :D

Thank you from returning the conversation to Pokemon. And yes, Amona is cute, haters me damned (right Az? :P). That sektch Zim made with Goomy dressing up as Amone certainly helped things... You know, for a guy who first showed me what he could do by linking me to a DA profile full of demons, aliens and the likes, Zim really has a talent for drawing cute things <3

• Veterans

I never said anything about Amona itself, that thing's cute af. It's evo just dissapointed me a bit. Let's not go back to that tho...also Zim is a great artist; don't let anything tell you guys otherwise XD

Thank you from returning the conversation to Pokemon. And yes, Amona is cute, haters me damned (right Az? :P). That sektch Zim made with Goomy dressing up as Amone certainly helped things... You know, for a guy who first showed me what he could do by linking me to a DA profile full of demons, aliens and the likes, Zim really has a talent for drawing cute things <3

Hey, aliens are cute too! if not, how are they supposed to trick you into following them to a dark place in order to eat you? cuteness is the way of nature!

Or something...

Also if at this point there's quite a few people wondering how hideous amona's evo actually is, I don't really know how to answer that question properly. I guess you could say is a similar change to that from spritzee to aromatisse, or from luvdisc to alomomola. The thing is chubby and slightly humanoid, but it is supposed to be like that, despite it might not bee the coolest looking mon: lassirena's evo is based on a mermaid (the greek, man-eating kind) and amona's evo is based on a gorgon, which originally was a big ugly monster with tentacles. And well they're also jellyfishes and anemones too.

Hey, aliens are cute too! if not, how are they supposed to trick you into following them to a dark place in order to eat you? cuteness is the way of nature!

Or something...

Also if at this point there's quite a few people wondering how hideous amona's evo actually is, I don't really know how to answer that question properly. I guess you could say is a similar change to that from spritzee to aromatisse, or from luvdisc to alomomola. The thing is chubby and slightly humanoid, but it is supposed to be like that, despite it might not bee the coolest looking mon: lassirena's evo is based on a mermaid (the greek, man-eating kind) and amona's evo is based on a gorgon, which originally was a big ugly monster with tentacles. And well they're also jellyfishes and anemones too.

And with you drawing them and Nova spriting them, they will all look awesome ;)

Breezy's description is right on the spot.

First of all, it's name kinda resembles the nickname, and in terms of personality, spiders are usually douches who only care about themselves, and care little about what their actions have as consequences for other people.

Now the parallel between the two characters is the "loud" part that Breezy mentioned.

Stiffler only cares about showing off, and one could connect constant violin playing (even if the spider is not actually playing violin, it just has a "sign" on it that remotely resembles a violin) with showing off your skills at a particular subject.

You could also say they both break human hearts... one with his manners, the other with his venom.

You could kind of say the same thing about Kriketune.

DELELELEWHOOOOP!

Edited by K_H

...wait it's based on a gorgon.........again;ignore my comments 50% of the time. I'm an idiot XD

Admitting is the first step to curing. Now if we could please cut the random chat and return this topic to the discussion it was intended to be...

Or something...

Now I demand pictures!

Also Luvdisc doesn't evolve into Alomomola... they both don't evolve so there is no change... yeah they look similar but still :P

• Veterans

Now I demand pictures!

Also Luvdisc doesn't evolve into Alomomola... they both don't evolve so there is no change... yeah they look similar but still :P

SILENCE

NO MENTION OF THOSE TWO IN THIS TOPIC, I DEMAND IT >:C

....I too have thought that Luvdisc evolved into Alomomola...heck I spent close to 2 months trying to evolve mine in my White version.....bad memories.....:C