Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

It's cute. It kind of looks like a plushie. What exactly is meant with it making other Pokemon the same nature as it, though? Does that mean wild Pokemon? The rest of your team? Is that some sort of secondary effect of Synchronize that I wasn't aware of?

Indeed, Synchronize has an effect ouside of battle, like some other abilities. When the pokemon with synchronize is the 1st in your party (AKA lead), there's a 50% chance that all pokémon found in the wild will have the same nature as the lead possessing synchronize. For example if your Lunarpilla is jolly, 50-50 wild mons you find will be so as well.

Is a nice effect that people use for breeding purposes.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soooo...

Bug/Psychic a unique type combination... interesting...

I guess it gets a second stage, since it's a caterpillar and those tend to become some kind of butterfly... finally a Butterfly-Pokemon that gets STAB from the early learned confusion? - WHAT SORCERY IS THIS??

and JEEZUZ - it has many weaknesses:

double weakness - none (*phew*)

weakness - 6! -> Fire, Flying, Rock, Ghost, Dark ... and itself BUG

(this is the most weaknesses a Bug Type can have - including double weaknesses... only Bug/Grass is weaker to stuff... with 6 weaknesses and 2 of them being double-weaknesses)

resists - 3 -> Grass, Ground, Psychic

double resist - 1 -> Fighting

Eh, it's true it has many weaknesses... But its evolved form shall have an ace up its sleeve that will make it able to overcome such problems. Similarly to Volcarona, this is a Pokemon that offsets its defensive shortcomings with sheer offensive power... And the aforementioned ace up its sleeve, which I am not going to reveal ;)

• Veterans

Believe me, every single bug type in Graterras has a trick up it's metaphorical sleeve. Every. Single. One. You've been warned ladies and gentlemen and people of non-binary gender preference, etc. Now don't hate me whenever the Bug Spamming trainers come around....

Now it may just be the name and the fact this its a caterpillar, and the typing, but I am getting a Luna Moth vibe from this thing, And then because it was designed by Hukuna, so therefore not a stage three, plus Tomas saying Volcarona in his post, leads me to believe this will evolve into some sort of moon-y counterpart-y thing to Volcarona.

Another possible moth pokemon to make Dustox and Mothim feel extremely inadequate!

First bug type that does not look way cuter than it should. The levitating things that resemble wheat confuse me a bit, but I suppose the 2nd and final evolution will clear things out. Butterfree should have been bug/psychic, so I'm glad you're putting something in its place.

I have to be honest though, had I been asked what the secondary typing is, I am not sure I would have guessed Psychic right away.

will there be some sort of wikipedia with the pokemontypes, stats and abilitys when the game comes out?

Our motto for the game is for people to have that "new game feel", and giving exact statlines, evolutions, and other statistics away about our mons kind of ruins that. It is very likely that we won't have an actual wikipedia of sorts until we're almost done, or at least well on our way with the development of the entire game.

I always wanted to do a wiki with the bulbapedia format like many other fangames do, since making wiki articles and stuff is something I enjoy, and it will be necessary sooner or later after (hopefully) the game gathers enough fans.

However I wouldn't do it until the game's done, so that people who start playing the game is forced to go blind all the way through, and so that they won't know the whole picture of what they were using until they finish the game. By experience, I can tell you all that playing a game with fakemon knowing nothing about them is quite the most interesting and enjoyable way of playing it

I played the fifth gen without knowing anything about the pokemon and convinced myself not to look at any encyclopedia. It was an exciting experience back then. The reason I am supporting this game is the hope for a return of such feelings. I couldn't have it before I played gen6 because all info was in all places and so I was spoiled even by looking at a page made just for fun.

That of course does not mean I will not be making note of my progress and writing down stuff as I go and think of various ways to play the game in the best way possible, just like I do Reborn and Reju. Finding the PBS files is nothing hard. Even if they manage to hide or encrypt them, one determined can still find the "scripts" so stopping people from doing so is impossible. The team can only urge them not to, in order to get the full experience. When everything is done, or at least when the game reaches a certain point, the info will be compiled into a wiki. Who begins it matters little; the point is not for it to exist too early.

Personally I am against making any sort of "Se7en-pedia" at all. If ALL of the project staffers agree that they want one we will make it, but only after the main story is complete. The reasons for this opposition of mine were explained throughly in a post a few pages back, I don't feel like repeating myself but feel free to dig that up :P

Well, then we will just have to wait and see.

Also, a question: you are probably aware that there are lots of type combinations that haven't yet been made official by Gamefreak, meaning there aren't any canon pokémon of said types. For example, there isn't a canon ghost/normal type, or a canon fighting/ghost type, but those are unused combos we did get in Graterras, in the mentioned cases, in the form of Goshee and Voodusk. Now, what other unseen type combos do you believe you'll be seeing in Graterras' pokédex? This is merely a speculative question, you can say what you want about the topic at hand but don't make many questions of the "hey, will X/Y type be in the game?" kind, please.

Edited by zimvader42

Well, then we will just have to wait and see.

Also, a question: you are probably aware that there are lots of type combinations that haven't yet been made official by Gamefreak, meaning there aren't any canon pokémon of said types. For example, there isn't a canon ghost/normal type, or a canon fighting/normal type, but those are unused combos we did get in Graterras, in the mentioned cases, in the form of Goshee and Voodusk. Now, what other unseen type combos do you believe you'll be seeing in Graterras' pokédex? This is merely a speculative question, you can say what you want about the topic at hand but don't make many questions of the "hey, will X/Y type be in the game?" kind, please.

Zim, you messed up. Voodusk is not a fighting/normal, you loony :P

Oh, true, I meant to say fighting/ghost. Fixed it. Also did we actually have a fighting/normal? huh. Well anywaus it ain't a signature type combo since a form of meloetta and mega playbunny have it now.

Playbunny... sigh. Since my babe, Volcanion, IS STILL f@Ck1Ng unreleased, I'm hoping for a Water/Fire.

I was also expecting a Rock/Ghost, but it's not gonna be included... sadly.

I've seen people call it slut bunnyvand worse things, so mine was at least tame. Mostly cuz I genuinely like Lopunny.

Regardless, those are some interesting pics of type combos. But volcanion counts as a canon mon in my book, be it unreleased yet or not.

I would like to have an Electric/Grass Pokemon with an ability that boosts its strongest STAB moves, can we please have such a Pokemon in this project?

Oh wait...

Sorry bro, the dex was completed a lot of time ago, we are not opened to suggestions for fakemon anymore.

Oh wait...

*facepalms*

Thing is... I actually did make a Rock/Ghost once. However it wasn't made for Se7en and was more of a thing between me and a friend lol. I didn't want to use it for Se7en as a result. ((mostly because it was a pretty freaking complicated mon. It had three forms etc... Maybe one day it'll see the light of day, but it wasn't meant for Se7en therefore it's not going to be in it lol.

Otherwise I know quite a few of my dual type ones for Se7en have Unique Typing sadly, you'll have to wait and see most of them lol. #HukunaLordOfStandaloneLines.

Weaknesses: Fire / Ice / Poison / Bug

Resistances: Water / Grass / Electric / Electric / Steel

Immunities: NONE

ability: dunno something that adapts

stats: 1/1/1/1/1/1/1lol

Here are the unused type combos in case anyone was wondering. I recall Tomas saying they've covered about 19 of those, am I correct?

NORMAL / ICE

NORMAL / POISON --

NORMAL / BUG

NORMAL / ROCK

NORMAL / GHOST --

NORMAL / DRAGON

NORMAL / DARK --

NORMAL / STEEL

FIRE / GRASS

FIRE / ICE

FIRE / POISON

FIRE / FAIRY

ELECTRIC / FIGHTING

ELECTRIC / POISON

ELECTRIC / PSYCHIC

ELECTRIC / ROCK

ELECTRIC / DARK

ICE / FIGHTING

ICE / POISON

ICE / BUG

ICE / STEEL

ICE / FAIRY

FIGHTING / GROUND

FIGHTING / GHOST --

FIGHTING / DRAGON

FIGHTING / FAIRY

POISON / PSYCHIC

POISON / ROCK

POISON / STEEL

POISON / FAIRY --

GROUND / FAIRY

PSYCHIC / BUG --

BUG / DRAGON

BUG / DARK --

BUG / FAIRY

ROCK / GHOST

GHOST / FAIRY

DARK / FAIRY

If you ask me, most potential is lost in the electrics and bugs. The "--" ones are already confirmed. Please remind me if I forget something so far.